Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Zenneth

Real Name Zenneth   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname zen
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 23, 2004, 21:09
Total Comments 77 (Suspect)
User ID 20431

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
34. Deadwood pancakes Aug 21, 2006, 22:08 zen

I would almost welcome a dialogue change in the real world to something more akin to how it is portrayed in the show. They make it seem that even Steve the gimp, previously known as Steve the drunk, has... erm, had, a more eloquent vocabulary than the average drunken bigoted prick.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > F.E.A.R. Combat Released
32. bittorrent Aug 17, 2006, 19:14 zen

Where's a good place to get the torrent for this?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
1. webcam security... Sep 21, 2005, 10:19 zen

I use several webcams to monitor my business and property, to guard against burglary and theft. Currently, they're updating to the internet via FTP, so in the event a thief happens to snag the machine(s) to which they're connected, the images will still be uploaded until they're disconnected. This seems to be the logical thing to do, until I design some hardened-vault-like machine enclosure. However, I'm still waiting for some enterprising crook to realise what I'm doing and clip my cable connection before committing grand larceny, thus negating my seemingly well-thought-out plan. There's always a way if someone wants it bad enough.

5. Re: Antdogs. Sep 10, 2005, 15:28 zen

better yet, how about a bat costume?

26. Re: AOE3 Demo in Win2K Sep 9, 2005, 15:45 zen

Syntarsus, I believe I have bigger problems. When I extracted it via that method onto a separate computer, it failed to load when I ran age3.exe, which brought up a blank error message. I've since given up and I believe I'm going to have to reinstall XP (although this is relatively fresh, being only a few months old), since I've no idea what could have caused this change. I haven't been able to use various functions I was previously using, such as the "Open in New Window" function of IE. It just does nothing now when I click on it, and I have yet been unable to fix it. Anything I try to install or uninstall also fails, giving me errors that turned out to be an InstallShield problem, but it's still unfixed on this machine. I will do a little more research on this problem, but I'm about to tap out and just go with a fresh install. This is definitely my favorite machine, though, so I'm sort of not happy, if you catch my drift...
This comment was edited on Sep 9, 15:47.

21. Re: AOE3 Demo in Win2K Sep 9, 2005, 14:39 zen

Syntarsus, I can never get it to extract via the cmdline, either. I enter the command, and it just never does anything. I read that on one of the message boards, apparently translated from German by a forum member, the technique which you described. I've checked several times to verify that my spelling is accurate and that I wasn't making a mistake. This is very frustrating since I've thoroughly enjoyed the AOE series to date.

News Comments > Age of Empires III Demo
55. Re: Don't forget to do the survey!! Sep 8, 2005, 23:48 zen

Indefatigable: mine, too. bah.

6. Pump Action Aug 18, 2005, 10:53 zen

I knew it was the location from Reservoir Dogs by the bloody mess at the bottom of the ramp, but I wasn't expecting "Stuck in the Middle with You" to come via Casio hifi. HA.

4. Shipwreck Aug 14, 2005, 13:56 zen

I wish I could go back in time and tell my younger self about the possibilities for all of those action figures that I mangled/dismembered/lost when I was a kid. *sigh*

News Comments > Ludlum Games to Be Bourne
12. The Berlin Game Aug 10, 2005, 15:07 zen

Just an FYI, Ludlum wrote plenty of other works that had absolutely nothing to do with any of the Bourne series. For those who say that his works aren't literary greats, you might have missed some of the less popular albeit more involved novels. The man obviously knows how to write well enough to draw a crowd, so you might want to jump off the bandwagon and quit talking trash until you actually know what the fuck you're discussing.

News Comments > Rockstar & Take Two Sued
81. Re: No subject Jul 28, 2005, 11:04 zen

The game was initially given a rating which misrepresented the content.

The game does not contain "strong sexual content" as some R-rated films do. The fact that our legal system allows for this speaks volumes of what may be in store for the future. However, when anarchy again reigns, I will almost pity the lawyers. I said "almost"...

News Comments > Rockstar & Take Two Sued
41. Re: what the Jul 27, 2005, 22:57 zen

misterable?

Ya, the stupidity is certainly getting out of hand on the web.

Language nazis on the internet make baby Jesus cry.

News Comments > BF2 Stat Attack
49. So you don't like BF2... Jul 26, 2005, 08:55 zen

The truly pathetic thing is that you people and your distaste for everything EA really hurts noone but you. EA will survive with or without you and your friends' paltry $50. The game will eventually be worth the price of admission, but people who complain because they're still using a GF4 and can't/won't upgrade will still be complaining. The problem isn't Dice's decision to not support older hardware, the problem is that some people are so severely limited in their budget that they can't justify even $150-200 a year for newer components. Either get a job or quit bitching... or both.

News Comments > Into the Black
2. Re: Fighting toothlessness in Appalachia Jul 22, 2005, 20:22 zen

Why are we here?

News Comments > BF2 Patch Plans
12. Re: Ripping Commanders Jul 22, 2005, 19:31 zen

Perhaps they could include a fix that prevents a COMMANDER from auto-balancing to the other team, especially when he's winning by a massive margin and the game has barely minutes to go!

Been there, done that. Definitely one of the most unbelievable "features" I've encountered.

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Jimmy Doohan. Jul 20, 2005, 21:25 zen

Probably my favorite overall character from the entire Star Trek series. Geordi is a poor substitution for the wit and charm of Scotty. Lad, we'll miss ye.

News Comments > Battlefield 2 Patch
36. Re: No subject Jul 16, 2005, 09:46 zen

Oh and by the way I don't claim to be Hemingway

Of course not, you'd sound a lot different with the huge hole you'd have left in your head from the shotgun. I do feel the same way about Tycho, though...

25. Re: Science 0, Voodoo 1 Jul 9, 2005, 18:29 zen

Jesus. Now _I_ get attacked for bashing Keanu...

You did? I think you're confused.

"Just because somebody is cast to play idiots all the time doesn't make them an idiot" does not come across to me like an attack of any sort, but rather someone making a statement contradicting what you previously said. Let's not get _freaked out over nothing_ here. Please.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Issues
31. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2005, 17:02 zen

I can't wait for the next-gen consoles. Battlefield 2 is pratically a stamp of approval from EA that pc gaming is gone. What a piece of shit.

Give me a fucking break. They'll fix the bugs in a patch or three, and you'll be having the time of your life with the latest Mario rehash.

News Comments > BF2 Patch Soon
21. No subject Jul 1, 2005, 11:22 zen

Well, I've had no problems running the game at all, and no problems with lag because I join 64 player servers with the lowest latency. This is on an A64 3000+, 1.5gb DDR400, a GF6800 GTOC, and 160gb of SATA RAID0 on a 6mb cable connection. I've had servers drop on me, but that's expected with the linux server issues, I guess.

Also, am I mac enough? I'll be damned if McDonald's is going to win me over with their pop-over advertisements on blues. Period.

77 Comments. 4 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo