Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for raoul duke

Real Name raoul duke   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 20, 2004, 14:39
Total Comments 12 (Suspect)
User ID 20413

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

News Comments > Neverwinter Nights 2?
54. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 18:19 raoul duke

Am I supposed to just trust

This doesn't reflect one way or another on what the real truth of the matter is, but I take your point. I gave my opinion, an educated one from experience - if you think I'm a liar, so be it; I'm unwilling to reveal my identity and you're unwilling to accept that I have any credibility.

Impasse, my disadvantage. Sorry for disputing you at all, I should have considered my pseudonymity before opening my virtual mouth. You win.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 16:25 raoul duke

All creative content in KotOR besides the background of Star Wars was created by Bioware.

Because the credits say so, right? Wise up.

50. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 16:22 raoul duke

Lucasarts does no more extreme of a content control process than Wizards of the Coast

Falsehood.

Bioware made KotOR. You were wrong. Deal with it.

Lucasarts was responsible for the content of KOTOR, in conception, editing and execution. So some Bioware lackeys fleshed it out - so what? Explain the relevance. Without Lucasarts, KOTOR's plot and dialogue would have been on the level of Baldur's Gate - IOW, bad.

That's absolutely ridiculous. They deserve credit for what they did. And they were given credit for it at this year's Game Developer's Choice awards.

They deserve credit for what they did, creating a bang up engine and being led along by their handlers into creating Approved Star Wars Content in the manner that all Star Wars Content is generated. Wise up.

47. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 16:13 raoul duke

Read the credits for the damn game

You're not understanding, or you're being intentionally obtuse. It doesn't matter what the credits say, Lucasarts controls every Star Wars licensed game from top to bottom, and Lucas controls every Star Wars licensed property in a similar manner.

For instance, the Star Wars novel "Splinter of the Mind's Eye" was written by Alan Dean Foster, a famous novelist. His name alone holds the author's credit. This doesn't mean that he came up with the topic of the novel, or the characters, or even every unique situation (he didn't; they were dictated to him).

If you still don't understand, just think of it this way: if you subtracted Lucasarts from the equation, KOTOR would have been a completely different game in every sense of plot, structure, character and setting.

45. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 16:00 raoul duke

If you mean they came up with the story, rules implementation, artwork, models or any design decisions, you're out to lunch. All of those were created internally by BioWare

I've worked on Star Wars licensed games under Lucasarts; what are you basing your comments on?

44. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 15:58 raoul duke

Wrong. The only thing that Lucasarts was responsible for was the SOUND DESIGN. All art, programming, writing, and game design was done by Bioware.

Wrong. Lucasarts has total control over every Star Wars licensed software project from start to finish. Bioware worked within established boundaries set without their input or approval, and their work was approved and edited every step of the way.

You know, George Lucas does only a fraction of the writing and directing for the "Star Wars" movies - he doesn't even necessarily come up with the plots or characters or main dialogue in them. The only time he did all that was in the very first movie. These days, he just provides the central structure and tells his underlings what they need to do to make it work. Bioware, in this case, were Lucasarts' underlings. And like all of Lucas' other underlings, they don't deserve credit or blame for the content.

32. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 10:57 raoul duke

What in the hell are you talking about? Lucasarts has never developed a game with any of Bioware's engines.

Lucasarts is responsible for almost all of the content in KOTOR. That's what in the hell I'm talking about.

30. Re: No subject Mar 27, 2004, 10:43 raoul duke

since we're wishing, how about a MMORPG Shadowrun game made by Bioware?

Bioware is like id for RPGs.

Black Isle and Lucasarts are the ones that have come up with the best content for Bioware's engines.

News Comments > NWN Community Pack & Euro Patches
4. Re: CEP Mar 26, 2004, 09:40 raoul duke

I've just never really been able to get into the persistent world scene of NWN. It seems most of them are still based around the "Well, there's a lot of areas, and a lot of monsters. Have fun levelling!" mindset.

I'm glad it's that way. The PWs that attempt to be single-player mods usually fail.

If a PW's focus is in unique dialogue and once-off quests ala single-player modules it won't retain players past the point where they have experienced it all. It also doesn't make sense within the context of a persistent world to have specific quests repeated for every PC - it comes off like a multi-player single-player game and not an MMOG.

The fun in a PW is what the DMs and the other people playing make it.

News Comments > Raven Shield & Athena Sword Patches
7. Re: RS Patch... Mar 24, 2004, 09:36 raoul duke

LOL great, another useless patch wich probably adds more bugs and the ever lasting need for the fucking CD.

Seriously wtf. I think I will forego a new graphics card and buy 40 additional CD-ROM drives as my next gaming-related upgrade.

News Comments > Call of Duty Patch
14. Re: Multiplayer sucks now Mar 24, 2004, 09:19 raoul duke

I used to play, but now the only way you can play sniper is if you know the perfect nooks & crannies to hide in

If you need to be fully concealed and equipped with a one-shot-kill scoped distance weapon in order to have fun, why not just play a single player game? After all, you aren't really interacting much with the other players with your play-style. You can pretend you're "the hand of God" all you want in single-player.

I think the sniper-whiner mindset is very much like the griefer/TKer/cheater mindset.

News Comments > Far Cry Patch Plans
44. Re: Quick-save Mar 24, 2004, 09:15 raoul duke

making a minor mistake?
which would be what? someone sounding the alarm?

How about accidentally moving through a save point (since they are invisible and unpredictable) as you are being killed, or followed by more guys than you could ever handle? If there are going to be save points they ought to be clearly marked.

12 Comments. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo