Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Sean Martin

Real Name Sean Martin   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Redwood
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Mar 9, 2004, 19:26
Total Comments 50 (Suspect)
User ID 20327

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

News Comments > Out of the Blue
31. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 11, 2014, 09:23 Redwood

I still remember heading over to Floppy Joe's Software RENTAL in College Station, seeing the shareware Doom on display (which had just come out), going back to my dorm, getting floppies, then going back to get a copy of the shareware to play. Rockin' on the 386-33MHz. Good times!  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 9, 2014, 09:32 Redwood

Wow, I was so busy yesterday that I missed Green Monday. I must have missed any announcement of it beforehand. I missed a couple of deals better than I'd seen to date. Oh well, I was working, which gets me money to pay for said deals.

RIP John Lennon. Also, it's weird to think I'm now older than he ever got to be.

Rip Ralph Baer as well. Him being as old as he was makes me feel even older.

We have had Oxford comma discussions at work. Most of us fell on the side of favoring it.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 3, 2014, 09:24 Redwood

Thanks!  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 2, 2014, 10:57 Redwood

Thanks, Blue! I am now the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything. In other words, just a sapling.  

14. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 25, 2014, 15:52 Redwood

Funny, our leaves in north Texas just started falling off trees in the last couple weeks and really just starting to collect this week.  

8. Re: Out of the Blue Nov 24, 2014, 10:57 Redwood

We have a new dog, but still sad about the passing of our old one a couple years ago. Our new dog stalks my turtle that lives in the office. Considering she licked her chops when I took the turtle out for a bath, I think she'd eat her if she could get a hold of her.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Dec 10, 2011, 13:33 Redwood

Doom could legally vote. I feel really old now.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Jun 2, 2011, 12:19 Redwood

Ahhh, .plan files. The Twitter of its day. Good times! I'm glad John Carmack is on Twitter. I missed his updates, even though some of his technical tweets go right over my head.  

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 10, 2011, 09:44 Redwood

Wow, that made me feel really old for some reason.  

News Comments > id Software Relocating
11. Re: id Software Relocating Mar 7, 2011, 14:22 Redwood

Thanks for the kind comments! Yes, I do post comments here from time to time, as real life allows.  

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 2, 2011, 12:20 Redwood

Ergh, I got 71% correct. I'm even worse with people's names, so that doesn't bode well.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Trailer
7. Re: Battlefield 3 Trailer Mar 2, 2011, 11:26 Redwood

Blue, I think you mistakenly linked a video of news footage from the Iraq war. Please fix, kthxbye.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 24, 2011, 10:52 Redwood

15 years?! Holy smokes, I feel old.  

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus
34. Re: Battlefield 3 Footage, Preorder Bonus Feb 23, 2011, 11:58 Redwood

Looks like I will finally have to give my ol' Core 2 Duo E8400 a demotion to doorstop this fall. I already upgraded my video card last month.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Feb 10, 2011, 10:26 Redwood

Hah! You two are hilarious. I put my keys in the same place so I don't lose them. It serves me well.  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 28, 2011, 11:07 Redwood

Mrs. Redwood and I love Archer.  

4. Re: true story Jan 19, 2011, 11:20 Redwood

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed Tron's absence on DVD. I had looked on Amazon in September and it was supposed to be released in November. I went looking for it in November and it had vanished from their site, except for the ridiculously priced used copies. My wife hasn't seen the original, so I want her to see it before we see the new movie. I had hoped to see it by now, but having a young baby can put a kink in those kinds of plans.  

News Comments > No XP Battlefield 3?
10. Re: No XP Battlefield 3? Jan 2, 2011, 13:52 Redwood

Frankly, most people that are still running XP on thei gaming machines don't have new enough hardware to play BF3. Cetainly none of my PC gaming friends that I play with regularly nor serious gamers (the ones that BUY games, not those still playing Counter-Strike) run XP. Huge kudos to DICE!  

3. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 21, 2010, 10:59 Redwood

I have XM in my car, but not the best of Sirius (which is required to get Stern). The music stations I listen to sound great, though I don't listen to the news too much. It's way over compressed. My commute is about 60-80 minutes a day and the terrestrial radio stations blow in the music department. The only time I turn them on is when I want to listen to NPR and one morning DJ that's funny.  

2. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 21, 2010, 10:59 Redwood

Our yellow Lab hides in the bath tub during storms, too. She prefers to have the shower curtain closed too. We always joke that if a tornado hits, she'll be the only living thing they find at our house. She's not as mobile as she used to be and it started storming Friday before we got home. We found her 90% of the way into the tub. All I could see was her tail sticking out of the shower curtain. I had to help her get her back legs over the tub.  

50 Comments. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo