Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Into the Black
16. Re: heroes - spoiler within Apr 21, 2007, 19:28 Awesome Spume

With Lost, 24, old Deadwood and Entourage I never really got into Heroes. Should I?

No. If you're maxed out watching 2 shows a season I'd say avoid Heroes and just go lie down. Best avoid radio while you're at it. Wouldn't want you inadvertently wasting 40 minutes a week on anything.

Prick. It's people like you turned pseudo-Nin into a dog-hater.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: No subject Apr 21, 2007, 19:25 Awesome Spume

Jeeze. A virtually perfect impersonation of Nin there. Right down to the incoherent babbling and the dog hate. Uncanny. Truly.

7. Re: Killer and the press Apr 20, 2007, 03:10 Awesome Spume

US has the greatest percentage of its citizens locked up when compared to pretty much everybody. I think you want to ask yourself why, particularly when the right wing response to this sort of thing is to demand stiffer penalties and more laws. Not working.

Blaming the media, like blaming games, possibly not the first place to start either.

News Comments > Steam Cracked?
37. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2007, 18:09 Awesome Spume

Anyway. Riley is, as ever, right and wrong. It's true this probably won't affect most of us and so his fear-mongering is misplaced but everyone else is true that companies pissing about with our CC numbers should be brought to heel. I, and I still don't know how, had my CC compromised about 2 months ago. It didn't cost me anything but it's still pretty scary that a CC number I've had for almost 20 years was suddenly paying subscriptions to deviant websites THAT I HADN'T AUTHORISED. Not even when drunk, according to my email logs.

News Comments > Steam Cracked?
35. Re: No subject Apr 19, 2007, 18:04 Awesome Spume

Riley, go hang yourself.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Blues Nazi.

Then you can fuck yourself with his stiff, daddy.

News Comments > Rise of the Argonauts Announced
6. Re: Atalanta? Apr 19, 2007, 17:57 Awesome Spume

mmm... hotty.

Jez San founded Argonaut software about a million years ago. Did... Starglider I think. I won a copy for the Spectrum once. Never did own a Spectrum though. There was news about them last year selling up I think.

Just replying to Danny's post about Jez San.

Oh and Jason and the Argonauts is my favourite film of all time from as long as I can remember. The RH skellingtons when I was 9 were awesome.

News Comments > Bethesda Buys Fallout
46. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2007, 17:31 Awesome Spume

They're not "allowing" anything slits, the MMOG clause was probably the deal-breaker. I dare say the 6 years thing was hard-fought and I expect Beth to be pursuing something long before it runs out because Interplay couldn't organise an MMORPG at GENCON.

And old school whatyamacallits aren't whatever you think. I get by on Beth's RPG's fine. FO is a niche franchise at best. FO:BOS wasn't exactly a ground-breaker so you're left with the few thousand that bought the original three games (and Tactics was my favourite because the combat was best so go suck yourself over that aswell.) It's like the whole world turns on how old a game is. Hands up whoever bought a Pacman game first time round.... um... yeah..

44. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2007, 17:13 Awesome Spume

Having played Oblivion I doubt I could go back to Morrowind (mainly combat but also those painfully static NPCs after what I'd seen in Gothic) and I've also probably played more Oblivion than Morrowind BUT Morrowind had better suspense and general atmosphere. Neither of them where great CRPGs when compared to BG or PS:T but I think they were both top games in their time. Gothics 1 and 2 were better than either but G3 kinda pissed on that legacy.

Unusually I agree with Hellbinder about wanton swearing. I'm a fucking potty mouth but even I know I swear too fucking much. People just assume you're a stupid cunt when you mouth off like that and it's the same with a videogame. OTOH Jesus died when Italians nailed him to a cross so it's not like they called him a dick or anything.

News Comments > Friday Game Reviews
3. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Apr 13, 2007, 13:27 Awesome Spume

Holy fuck - you limit yourself to 2 dozen saves? I think I played through with a quicksave and a round robin of three safety saves.

Loved it up until the endgame which got ferocious even on easy. A bit like Far Cry in that respect. Fantastic game for all that though.

20. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2007, 13:22 Awesome Spume

Oblivion was an M in the US wasn't it?

And hasn't Beth been working on this for about 2 years? The difference is instead of just having a license they've now bought the IP. I don't expect Interplay to ever launch a Fallout MMO. Whether or not they actually raise 30 million from investors is another matter entirely.

Make no mistake the Fallout we knew is gone and the only hope is that the game Bethesda releases is sufficiently moddable to let fans make it a "real" Fallout game.

BTW what's happened to Bats? He's turned into a random posting Bot judging from the last few posts of his I happened across. Is he just going after Nin's posting record?

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: Digital Distribution Apr 7, 2007, 20:14 Awesome Spume

Dial-up is history. The vast majority of the rest of the world has moved on. This is more likely another reason for you to think about moving back home, like you aren't already convinced. The US is a sinking ship.

News Comments > id & Valve Assets in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.?
126. Re: Ha! Apr 7, 2007, 20:09 Awesome Spume

*rant*
I don't know what the heck the nature/plot of this game is, how to play it, or even if the story is true or just some elaborate(?) belated April Fools' joke foisted upon the 'net, but I didn't come here at 5:30 in the morning to expect this level of vulgarity on Blue's community messageboard from you guys when my purpose is merely to find out what others thought about this story.

I've dealt with enough stupidity tonight in the real world, as it is.
*/rant*

Your lack of knowledge of the game suggests you should keep your lame virgin nose out of the discussion then, you sorry freak. BTW I hate your posts. Grow a spine and stop posting about how sad you are here. OR AT LEAST MAKE IT FUNNY.

3. Re: Turkish Star Wars Apr 7, 2007, 01:54 Awesome Spume

Too fucking true. It's easy to sit in a country with a free and fair legal and political system and wonder how the US manages to struggle on duping the population year on year.

46. Re: No subject Apr 7, 2007, 01:46 Awesome Spume

I'll bite. Even if you have a magic machine that can make free copies of stuff it isn't like noone loses. If I could copy my neighbour's high performance sports car such that in a few weeks everyone within a hundred miles has one then he's lost out because he no longer has an exclusive car. Obviously neither your point or my point have any relevance to this discussion.

43. Re: No subject Apr 7, 2007, 01:38 Awesome Spume

You can have my VCR for free.

EDIT: Oh. I had a point to make as well. Amen to Rob for pointing out that Copyright/Trademark thing. Was annoying me at the start of this "discussion". A little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Not so much dangerous as annoying but you understand.

And if this turns out to be true it's fucking tragic. There's absolutely no justification for stealing another developer's work but to do so when you're one of the most hyped games of the last 5 years is sadly too stupid for words. About an hour into Stalker I was convinced I had made a Space Empires 5 level mistake in buying it. 2 hours in and it has become the best game I've played for years. Like I said tragic if this story is true.

This comment was edited on Apr 7, 01:43.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: PeaceMaker Demo Apr 6, 2007, 05:54 Awesome Spume

I'm downloading it. Slowly.

EDIT: seriously my download is running at 14.4k per second. Is that some kind of joke?

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 06:02.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
25. Re: April and B'days Apr 5, 2007, 17:15 Awesome Spume

Gratz Batman. I'm sure we all feel safe knowing you're keeping track of our defenseless relatives...

News Comments > Game & Mod Development
1. What's that I see? Apr 5, 2007, 17:05 Awesome Spume

....tumbleweeds...

-----------------------------------------------
http://www.positech.co.uk - where nostalgia becomes reality.

News Comments > The Secrets of Da Vinci: The Forbidden Manuscript Demo
7. Re: ZZZzzzz Apr 5, 2007, 16:50 Awesome Spume

Oh wotever. There's a lot of sense in the bible. But there are two bibles: old testament and new testament. Old testament is all hellfire and brimstone, new testament is all trippy hippy crap. Except it isn't because there's overlap. There's hippy crap in the old testament and hellfire and brimstone in the new testament. Christians have confused this with meaning they can pick and choose between the two to make a point.

If I may summarise, and I welcome contradictions on this, the old testament is basically jealous god, do as I say not as I do, eye for an eye and dont let the bastards grind you down, while the new testament is more love thy neighbour, loving god, turn the other cheek and make peace not war.

Based on this I can fully understand the Middle East situation but I'm still baffled why the largest Christian country in the world is the way it is, thusly I must declare the old testament the winner. Better luck next universe.

(and this is all besides the point that so-called Christians come on here acting all judgemental when they should be loving their enemies and letting them get on with it. There was one example of Jesus going against his philosophy and he angsted about it like an emo chick who overfed her cat to death. Read the fucking bible and learn what it says but pick a testament. Old testament is for those of the Jewish faith, new testament is for those of the Christian faith. The only example the old testament provides for those of the Christian faith is that which has to be corrected in the new faith. As those of the Jewish faith do not recognise Jesus as the messiah his opinion on their faith is irrelevent so they can go on doing that thing they do, and good luck to them. It's clearly working out great.)

News Comments > Game Guidance
1. Stalker Apr 4, 2007, 19:23 Awesome Spume

Took me a couple of sessions to get into this game but it's all clicked into place now. The Oblivion comparisons are quite apt.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo