Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: Star.. erm, Spellforce 2 Apr 4, 2006, 15:24 Awesome Spume

I'll stick with just buying games that interest me and not having a wank every time someone mentions starforce.

EDIT: I just read the Gothic 3 preview - funny thing is I normally play the dark side in RPGs but after 100s of hours fighting those frigging orcs I cannot imagine ever siding with them.

--------------------------------------------------
It's like when the baby cries all night and then finally falls asleep for an hour at 3am -- the people who manage to avoid talking about Starforce for one fucking thread are that precious hour.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 15:26.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
9. Re: Oblivion Add-Ons Apr 4, 2006, 15:22 Awesome Spume

Someone suggested that the price is because they'll also be sold via XBoxLive for the 360 and they can't give stuff away for free over that system (?).

Naw. It just sucks.

It's like when the baby cries all night and then finally falls asleep for an hour at 3am -- the people who manage to avoid talking about Starforce for one fucking thread are that precious hour.

News Comments > Monday Hardware Reviews
1. Freecom DVB-T stick Apr 3, 2006, 16:06 Awesome Spume

I bought one of these on a whim and it's pretty neat but you'll need to dig out alternate drivers to get it to work with Media Edition or most other TV software. Good review though - I didn't know how to set up the timed recorded function until I read it.

News Comments > Game Guidance
3. Re: No subject Apr 3, 2006, 15:52 Awesome Spume

Go into your My Documents\My Games\Oblivion and find Oblivion.ini where there's a setting bAllowScreenShot=0. Set it to 1 and prntscrn will take a screenshot.

EDIT: what the hell. Dug out the full details. The screenies end up in your main Oblivion folder.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 15:57.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Xpand Rally
12. Re: No subject Apr 2, 2006, 09:38 Awesome Spume

Uhh, if you had bothered to finish the guy's post before frantically hitting that reply button you would've noticed he came to the same conclusion,

No he didn't.

Totalgaming.net - where mediocre games go to die.

News Comments > Hearts of Iron 2: Doomsday Demo
4. Re: Anybody try this? Apr 1, 2006, 05:06 Awesome Spume

I found HOI 2 to be a bit too much like hard work. Popular with the grognards though.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II Plans
4. Re: this is a great game Mar 29, 2006, 16:05 Awesome Spume

You'd think you people had been shoved in a box for a couple of years. It's a good games and the devs have some creepy player-centred voodoo going on but it's not the second coming. If you're honestly playing game after game and enjoying yourself then more power to you but I'm a big fan of 4X games and I gave up after 4 single games and about a third of the campaign. It just gets dull. There's a level of abstraction that you can create for yourself when playing a game like this but for me it didn't happen. I prefer the massive fleets colliding style of play you got with Space Empires or Stars!. The ship design is nice compared to the original but where are the tractor beams? The boarding parties? The mind control rays? It's still a board game wrapped up in 4X colours in my opinion. A good one but not the ultimate game evah!!!

News Comments > Europa Universalis III Details
2. Re: No subject Mar 29, 2006, 15:53 Awesome Spume

Good to see they've improved the grafix since EU II...

Actually they haven't. They've gone pseudo 3D and it doesn't look too hot.

News Comments > Free PlanetSide Live
4. Re: cool, will try Mar 26, 2006, 02:48 Awesome Spume

It is fun for the first couple of weeks, but the game of Musical Bases gets old.

Which is why it's good it's free. I played for about 3 months after launch and had a good enough time. Then one day I decided I'd had enough and quit. One of my least rancorous MMO-breakups ever. Not like the hatred that developed for EQ or the pity for AC2.

And since it's free get a bunch of your friends to register too and you can have some squad-based MMO fun until you've had enough too.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II Beta Patch
11. Re: ........... Mar 26, 2006, 02:43 Awesome Spume

wow i thought i said:
"Maybe they've fixed these things I dont know I can't use the patch if you know what I mean"

And I don't really feel like reading that novel length change log for a patch i can't use.

You're ripping off Stardock? That's pretty low. Ever hear of karma?

And I started reading the patch notes but it's like friggin' War and Peace. Busy little beavers. I'm actually almost ready to forgive them for the Totalgaming debacle. If I wasn't busily following my new career as an assassin in Cyrodil (sp) I'd have to dust off my copy.

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode One Dated
22. Re: According to PC Gamer: Mar 26, 2006, 02:29 Awesome Spume

G-Man apparently loses control over Gordon in episode 1, and there's a new enemy type called Zombines, combine zombies. There will be HDR and commentary tracks.

Shouldn't this be in SST?

If they don't make a HL3 what are they going to do? I find it questionable that they're just going to retire the franchise. OTOH it would make a refreshing change.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Guide Quashed, Lawsuit
16. Re: No subject Mar 25, 2006, 09:06 Awesome Spume

heh how about this:
someone offers "The Ultimate Blues News Ranting and Raving Forum Guide" on ebay for $1.00.

Would UGO then be justified in issuing Cease and Desist orders claiming that one of their affiliated trademarks was somehow being infringed? puhlease.

They can do what they want. I don't care, I've already got my copy.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
19. Re: Next-gen DVD Mar 24, 2006, 19:15 Awesome Spume

But Blu-ray is Sony is Columbia. If a few of the bigger studios just flat out stop releasing DVDs (eventually) then legitimate consumers will feel obliged to move on to one of the HD formats. In any event with HD TV becoming the norm who's going to want to watch their discs in a lesser format? You'll have DVR/PVRs recording shows in better than DVD quality but when you want to throw down some money you're going to settle for a DVD? Naw.

And don't get me wrong. I'm anti-these-formats because of the restrictions that assume consumers are all thieves at heart. But I have little faith in the herd.

News Comments > Desperate Housewives Announced
14. Re: No subject Mar 24, 2006, 18:41 Awesome Spume

I just hope it doesn't put people off the concept of life sims in general.

Don't worry dude, nobody is going to confuse this with your game. And it will sell at least 100 times more. Even if it bombs. Disagree?

News Comments > Into the Black
1. Cholesterol and wotnot Mar 24, 2006, 03:16 Awesome Spume

It's all genetics. Being overweight hurts you but I don't believe there's such a thing as bad food per se. Moderate exercise is a must though. Not just for now but for your quality of life when you hit your 50s and onwards cos that's when you'll pay the benefits.

I can't remember the percentage but doesn't your body manufacture about 90% of the cholesterol in your system so avoiding high cholesterol foods is BS anyway.

Ah, here we are. God bless tabbed browsing. From the wikipedia, on cholesterol:

For a person of about 150 pounds (68 kg), typical total body content is about 35 g, typical daily internal production is about 1 g and typical daily dietary intake is 200 to 300 mg.

So you manufacture 3-5 times as much as you typically ingest.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Digital crucifixion? Mar 24, 2006, 03:11 Awesome Spume

I'm suddenly looking more favourably on this game.

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
2. Re: Google OFFICE is REAL Mar 24, 2006, 03:07 Awesome Spume

You're part of the Writely project? Cool. But didn't this news come out about a week ago?

Google Calendar is neat but I really need a Google Outlook Replacement...

News Comments > Urban Chaos: Riot Response Dated - PC Version Dead?
2. Re: ... Mar 24, 2006, 03:04 Awesome Spume

I think those were dialogue responses in the last Final Fantasy I played.

News Comments > Urban Chaos: Riot Response Dated - PC Version Dead?
1. ... Mar 24, 2006, 03:04 Awesome Spume

... a tumbleweed rolls by ...

News Comments > Thursday Game Reviews
4. Re: Telefragged's Oblivion review Mar 23, 2006, 16:56 Awesome Spume

Nor would I particularly liken Western RPGs to Japanese RPGs. They are very different beasts.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 25.
< Newer [ 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo