Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: No subject Apr 20, 2006, 14:58 Awesome Spume

Emerson said he played Myst and 7th Guest. Ebert wished Myst played itself. I'm not seeing the irony here. ldonyo looks to be dead right to me.

EDIT: if you prefer it would be like trying to critique all movies after having just seen one.

--------------------------------------------------
It's like when the baby cries all night and then finally falls asleep for an hour at 3am -- the people who manage to avoid talking about Starforce for one fucking thread are that precious hour.

This comment was edited on Apr 20, 15:04.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Q&As
8. More B&W 2 Apr 19, 2006, 15:57 Awesome Spume

Am I the only one who thought some of those islands were just too much of a grind? More of that doesn't appeal.

It's like when the baby cries all night and then finally falls asleep for an hour at 3am -- the people who manage to avoid talking about Starforce for one fucking thread are that precious hour.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Half-Life vs Half-Life 2 Apr 17, 2006, 05:57 Awesome Spume

At what point in single player HL2 could you hit anybody with a toilet or use a desk as a barricade? Seriously, I saw the videos but don't remember an opportunity to do it. Tell me the episode name so I can go replay it.

Oh and Far Cry (which I was never good enough to finish) pwns HL2.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
3. Re: Windows on a MAC Apr 15, 2006, 11:02 Awesome Spume

Thanks! Even has an optical out which the original Mac Mini lacked though I don't know about the Intel ones. Shame about the noise though.

EDIT: ah. No optical out.

This comment was edited on Apr 15, 11:10.

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
2. Re: Seed mmog Apr 15, 2006, 07:00 Awesome Spume

A tale in the desert... in space.

News Comments > Help Wanted - Stardock's Fantasy Fantasies
3. Re: MASTER OF MAGIC? Apr 15, 2006, 06:41 Awesome Spume

One can only hope that they'll be working on Master of Magic 2....

They have been threatening to for what?... 3-4 years?

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. Windows on a MAC Apr 15, 2006, 06:18 Awesome Spume

I think he's right that it's not going to make people buy Macs so they can have the best of both worlds. However I could see myself buying a Mac Mini purely to run Windows. Unless somebody can point me at a form factor as cheap that's designed for Windows. There are some neat mini-itx cases out there but not as cheap as the Mac Mini.

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Matt & Trey Apr 14, 2006, 06:35 Awesome Spume

Just as well they didn't sneak in an image of Muhammad Ali. THEN they would have really been in trouble.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4901662.stm

EDIT: oh, and when did they change the definition of "interesting"?

This comment was edited on Apr 14, 06:36.

News Comments > etc., etc.
1. Marc Ecko Apr 14, 2006, 06:32 Awesome Spume

is full of bullshit.

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
1. Aero Apr 14, 2006, 06:29 Awesome Spume

In related news Vista pirates can expect best performance from new OS...

Vista Pirates sounds kinda SF.

News Comments > Evening Previews
2. Re: So let me get this straight... Apr 14, 2006, 06:24 Awesome Spume

No, it's a prequel. You play Gordon as a pre-schooler.

Jesus.

News Comments > Garry's Mod Goes Commercial
13. Re: No subject Apr 14, 2006, 06:23 Awesome Spume

I'll weigh in with the fine-if-that's-what-they-want-to-do-but-I'll-never-pay-for-it crowd. If people start charging for mods I'll start expecting QA from them. Those guys making the SP mods like Ravensholm or Metastasis have gotta be looking at this and wondering why they're making expansion packs for free. Same with the MP guys but I never saw those as being as intensive to make.

Also interested to note that ten bucks is the minimum price point on Steam.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: BSG Apr 13, 2006, 15:32 Awesome Spume

One of?

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
6. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2006, 15:31 Awesome Spume

I think I'm enjoying Oblviion more than Morrowind but one think does bug me - the City-zoning that basically made levitate spells a nono. And why are there only 8 quick keys? Pah.

Granted I've played about 80 hours so far and haven't even looked at the main quest.

News Comments > Bone: The Great Cow Race Demo
4. Re: Is this the Desparate Housewives Gam Apr 13, 2006, 15:24 Awesome Spume

Don't listen to him, it was funny.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Nothing at all, really. Apr 13, 2006, 15:20 Awesome Spume

You know, something I can wear to work on Fridays.

Why can't you wear your McDonalds uniform like the rest of your workmates?

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
2. Re: iPod vending machines at airports Apr 13, 2006, 15:14 Awesome Spume

And even if you did buy one what are you going to listen to on your flight?

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic V Demo
28. Re: No subject Apr 13, 2006, 14:57 Awesome Spume

on April 10, 21:03

fredrickson states

i wont install this spyware infested starforce crap on my machine

lol Fredrickson are you schizophrenic?

You, sir, do not know the legend of Fredrickson. I've seen nothing from this latest incarnation to suggest it's the original but who knows. Time can change a man. The original Fredrickson was a genius. This guy... not so much.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
8. Re: Oblivion:Mac Game of the Year? Apr 7, 2006, 13:35 Awesome Spume

Ahhh, but Apple is a hardware company first and foremost. They have the pretty OS so you'll buy the pretty MAC but so long as you buy the MAC they don't care what you run on it. Their margins on hardware are about 10% higher than even Alienware, iirc. Similarly they run iTunes, at a loss, so you'll buy iPods at a huge profit to them. I'm gonna get flamed over this but it's the plain truth.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Secret Level for 15 million?? Apr 4, 2006, 15:30 Awesome Spume

Jesus, Sega should have just gone to Gamefaqs.com if they were stuck.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo