Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Over the Hedge Demo
6. Re: No subject May 14, 2006, 10:26 Awesome Spume

I'm guessing i'm not the only one here that sees such a newspost and my eyes and mouse slide right past it.

No. You mean you're not the only one who felt the need to check out the story but are ashamed to admit it. Why else are you here?

-------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Late Show
15. Re: No subject May 13, 2006, 15:59 Awesome Spume

Technically, JUST Hellbinder didn't get it. Not a first.

our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

News Comments > The Late Show
8. Re: Hamster jackets May 13, 2006, 09:46 Awesome Spume

This thread is messing with my head.

News Comments > It Came from E3 2006, Part 6
50. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 18:39 Awesome Spume

I pretty much hate women, on principle, but I'm largely helpless against them in person. If you can reject coarse marketing I salute you. But will back myself into a corner should we meet.

EDIT: oh and if the images are garnering a reaction then they're working, whether you think they are or not. So just by entering your opinion into the thread you've admitted being influenced by the marketing.

This comment was edited on May 11, 18:44.

48. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 18:26 Awesome Spume

That's it? <sigh>

You registered after me and have more posts than me. According to physics that makes me less dense than you.

45. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 18:20 Awesome Spume

Please?

44. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 18:16 Awesome Spume

Oh shut up Riley. You love the sight of your own text you pompous ass. Go say something clever to your dick about sexy whatever the fuck in the role of modern crappitty ass media.

42. Re: No subject May 11, 2006, 18:15 Awesome Spume

According to the ancient tablets... "when Riley should himself be found... to have with Halsy common ground... then all the Earth will be fucked... and...and... sorry. Poem sucked.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy: SiN Episodes: Emergence
6. Re: Game Looks Great May 10, 2006, 18:35 Awesome Spume

Yeah the controls are "off". I thought maybe it was just me. Graphics look pretty horrible at whatever default setting it chose for me. Flat. The cut scenes are an embarrassment.

Fun enough in a mindless way though.

Honestly thought Metastasis (the free HL2 mod) did more to build a story than this.

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Precursors May 10, 2006, 16:54 Awesome Spume

Hopefully a bit more polished than Boiling Point - a game I thoroughly enjoyed in small doses but just couldn't get into.

News Comments > Lord of the Rings Online Beta Sign-ups
16. Re: LOTR May 10, 2006, 16:51 Awesome Spume

Well I am Autistic. But I really did love the movies and the production quality. Ea really was able to transfer that to their games about Lord of the RIngs.

You can keep up with these forums you can read the fucking books, slacker.

News Comments > Warcraft Movie Plans
40. Re: No subject May 9, 2006, 15:07 Awesome Spume

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I'm just say recognize that they were heavily inspired(Ie: rip off) from the Lotr movies, regardless if LOTR was released afterwards, it was still made before/during.

Be specific. Which original LOTR scenes did they rip off?

Never mind that LOTR (the book) ripped off European folklore wholesale. Tolkien didn't have an original thought in his life.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Posting on slashdot says it all... May 9, 2006, 12:29 Awesome Spume

Probably the same theory that allows iTunes to sell music online for more than the equivalent price of a CD.

They'll sell to execs who want to play movies on their laptops while they're on the trian. Or something. Might work...

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
11. Re: Train Wreck May 9, 2006, 12:14 Awesome Spume

Aren't these prices much the same as what the original Xbox debuted at? And look what happened there.

Sony can't afford to go any lower because they don't have the money to burn. Having a cutting edge Bluray DVD onboard was a huge mistake. They're trying to lead the market by the nose but there's no indication the market is looking for a new format. When the PS2 was released with the ability to play DVDs the format had already been around for years and was starting to reach critical mass. Having a console that ALSO played DVDs was seen as a huge bonus because people were excited about DVDs as much as the games. There's no buzz for Bluray so people won't GET why it's so expensive to buy a PS3. And god knows what the games are going to cost.

News Comments > Warcraft Movie Plans
22. Re: Cool.. May 9, 2006, 12:05 Awesome Spume

I'm fine with a WOW movie because provided Blizzard have some kind of artistic control (which they'd have been nuts to give up) it shouldn't hurt the franchise. I just hope we don't get a "Orcs = bad" and "humans = good" thing.

And that guy hoping for an R rating?!?!.... not going to happen.

News Comments > Dark World Online Announced
12. Re: lol White Wolf May 8, 2006, 13:26 Awesome Spume

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0037793/

White Who?

News Comments > Saturday Tech Bits
2. Re: No subject May 7, 2006, 05:48 Awesome Spume

Amen.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
9. Re: Spore....wow. May 7, 2006, 05:48 Awesome Spume

1up seems to have died from where I'm sitting.

Is Spore going to REQUIRE an internet connection to play? People bitch about logging into Steam but presumably with Spore you'll have to download content from a central server (and upload content to it for that matter.) HL2 was cracked so it didn't need authentication but how are the pirates going to crack Spore when most of the content is downloaded after purchase?

News Comments > Vanguard to SOE
18. Re: Meh.. May 7, 2006, 05:33 Awesome Spume

Playing MMORPGs has saved me from paying AU$90 a couple times a month for a standard run of the mill FPS or RPG that lasts bugger all time.

Very good point.

I'm currently trying out Seed. Very very buggy game. Reminds me of Eve but instead of mining they have repairing. Oh and point and click movement in a third person game that has an awful lot of narrow tunnels is about as bad as an interface can get.

--------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work, your behavior at home, your behavior at parties, every aspect of your life conforms to a social scr

News Comments > Friday Game Reviews
4. Re: Fire Department 3 May 5, 2006, 13:03 Awesome Spume

Maybe they decided to take G3 in a different direction this time.

--------------------------------------------------
It's like when the baby cries all night and then finally falls asleep for an hour at 3am -- the people who manage to avoid talking about Starforce for one fucking thread are that precious hour.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo