Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
6. Re: ATI Caught With Their Pants Down May 17, 2007, 13:58 Awesome Spume

I feel there is no need to have more than one video card supplier.

I agree. Of course I'm speaking as a businessman and there's nothing we hate more than competition.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Screenshots
3. Re: Fallout 3 May 17, 2007, 13:53 Awesome Spume

It'll be a tweaked Oblivion engine and wont look anything like those screenshots. You dont recognise teaser hype (damn you Spiderman 3 reviewers!!!)? Newly emerged from a vault?

News Comments > More S.T.A.L.K.E.R.s Loom
44. Re: No subject May 17, 2007, 13:48 Awesome Spume

Well, I'm not sick to death of D&D games, just BAD D&D games.

And there hasn't been a GOOD D&D game since 2002's Icewind Dale 2.

Truth!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
5. Re: so much for innocent until proven gu May 15, 2007, 15:38 Awesome Spume

What's another million people in the prison system?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
22. Re: Crafty War of the World May 12, 2007, 05:18 Awesome Spume

I managed to hold out for 50 seconds before his shitty voice made me turn it off.

As for BSG - some shows cry out to go on and on some need to have an ending. Right now BSG (and Lost) need to be over. Still love BSG but it just can't go on and on with the same people shouting at each other week after week, particularly after the revelation at the end of the last series.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Patch
28. Re: No subject May 12, 2007, 05:10 Awesome Spume

I've already beat this game but I'm going to play it again because I think it's one of the best shooters I've played in years. Bugs aside, it's refreshing and fun. I'll taking a few bugs over the same ol' shit any day.

Ditto, though I beat it by cheating with a Godmode. Got too tough for my aged reflexes by the end. Too many bad guys. Prolly wont cheat this time and just spend more time outside the main meltdown area. Favourite part for me was the guy who sold me the Gauss rifle.

EDIT: oh and for the savegame whiners - the game isn't THAT long if you dont want it to be so just start over and get rid of most of the worst bugs, particularly the megaspawn rates.
This comment was edited on May 12, 05:11.

News Comments > The Secret World Announced
13. Re: No subject May 12, 2007, 04:59 Awesome Spume

sounds like Dresden Files Online

You mean Charmed Online?

News Comments > Half-Life 2: Episode Two Update
29. Re: spooge (Post#16) May 6, 2007, 05:46 Awesome Spume

Zeph - best not to post drunk.

2. Re: No subject May 4, 2007, 19:11 Awesome Spume

While I grok what you're saying you're just blowing air out your ass over that 2 to 3 times as much statement. If there was only ONE PC manufacturer there would still be dozens of computer manufacturers. The reason competing designs died out was because the PC became ubiquitous. The reason Apple even has a market share is because people THINK the PC is ubiquitous and buy Apple computers by mistake because of their aggresive advertising. How many new Apple owners even realise there's a difference between a PC and a Mac?

EDIT: in fact if history has taught us anything it's taught us that competing hardware was always generally cheaper than IBM's stock. I had a ZX81, Spectrum, BBC B, Commodore 64 and ST long before I ever had a PC and they were all cheaper than the equivalent models available at the time.

This comment was edited on May 4, 19:14.

News Comments > Fallout 3 Teaser Tease
22. Re: No subject May 2, 2007, 16:52 Awesome Spume

Oblivion went completely the opposite and made it so you wouldn't die no matter where you went. Bethsoft has repeated said they think that system was a good idea, I see no reason why they would toss it when the vast bulk of the mouthbreathing public prefer their games that way.

Tick box. Levelled creatures yes/no.

The success of Oscuros etc. had bound to have been noticed by Beth so I's be surprised if they didn't at least give the option of classically levelled creatures.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
10. Re: e-books Apr 29, 2007, 06:53 Awesome Spume

The article is way off. The only thing holding ebooks back is a cheap reader and realistic pricing for ebooks to reflect the fact that DRM will likely mean you can't lend them to your friends.

Charles Stross has an interesting piece about it here:

http://www.antipope.org/charlie/blog-static/2007/03/why_the_commercial_ebook_marke.html

He's also fairly negative but nowhere near as much as that Computerworld piece.

Me? I bought a Palm TX specifically to read ebooks. Mainly free stuff but I haven't been above warezing txt versions of books I already own. Frinstance at bedtime I can prop the TX up on a cushtie, set Palmfiction to autoscroll and let it get on with it. Compare and contrast that with trying to read some of the hardbacks I own that weigh in at roughly 5 pounds/2 kilos. I'm reading on average a book a week currently. Still a ways off the 2-3 books a week I'd read when I was 14-15 and had just discovered SF&F. Though back then books cost about 30 pence each (and that was when I wasn't just walking to the library once a week - had a great librarian that pointed me in the direction of quality SF.) and there were only 3 TV channels.

EDIT: and I'm firmly in favour of the smaller screen for an ebook reader. I think these readers that try to stay around the same size as a paperback are missing the point. I can stick my TX in a pocket and take it everywhere with me (obviously I don't - I have a Z22 for that. Fucking Palms are delicate enough without actually trying to USE them on the go. Z22 does all my calendar stuff though the alarm is weedy beyond belief.)(oh and it came with Sudoku - now there's a black hole for productivity right there.) but how many of us carry a paperback around with us? Sure, some do and women particularly as they already are permanently equipped with luggage but most men aren't going to burden themselves with a book. Remember filofaxes? Never unerstand how that took off. I digress. Typical ereaders go for at least the paperback sized screen and some go bigger. But with a decent display (and e-ink isn't it yet) you can get away with an ipod type display and use an autoscroll function. Hell, you only read one word at a time. The truly foldable/rollupable displays will help with the space issue but they need a better refresh rate than they have currently.
This comment was edited on Apr 29, 07:04.

News Comments > Lineage III Code Stolen?
9. Re: No subject Apr 28, 2007, 07:25 Awesome Spume

lol. He must have been a lousy leader if the majority of his 90 member team left with him.

Yeah. More likely his boss didn't think his ass-kissing skills were good enough.

But seriously - how much use is the source code? The design and the content I can understand is a huge loss but unless the source code deals with something really specific and knotty like network code or wotever then is it really going to help anybody? Wouldn't it be more effort trying to shoe-horn someone else's source code into an existing ongoing project than to develop it from scratch. Ah, what do I know...

News Comments > Into the Black
4. Re: Bobby Apr 27, 2007, 01:48 Awesome Spume

Yes, yes... only a careful examination of the pupils will allow an expert to tell the difference between a dog and a sheep. Oh and maybe check for hooves...

2. Re: $1,200 :O Apr 27, 2007, 01:24 Awesome Spume

If I could get my gadget and gizmo spending down to $1200 I'd be happy.

News Comments > New NVIDIA ForceWare Drivers
2. Re: No subject Apr 27, 2007, 01:23 Awesome Spume

Vista happened. It's right there in the description.

News Comments > Father of PlayStation to Retire
17. Re: The Begining of the end... Apr 26, 2007, 17:30 Awesome Spume

<nods>... Walmart will settle this one. There's a BR blip because of PS3 sales (people buying BR DVDs so they have something to use it for.) but like the initial sales the media sales will die out too. You'd be a fool to bet against the player that's half the price of the competition. Never mind the 30Gb double layer HD-DVD vs 25Gb single layer Blu-Ray argument.

News Comments > Hello Numen!
5. Re: No subject Apr 26, 2007, 17:24 Awesome Spume

THAT message took three edits?

News Comments > Evening Q&As
4. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2007, 17:29 Awesome Spume

Audition - fucking movie still creeps me out. But it's true - women are evil...

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shader Mod
24. Re: No subject Apr 25, 2007, 17:24 Awesome Spume

Am I the only one who thought Jade Empire was crap? Too slow to be like Diablo and too mushy to be like KOTOR. Didn't like the story much though I did give up after clearing out the Pirate Island so not that far in.

EDIT: looked at the Stalker shot comparisons. I remember that place with the ducting well. Skulked up there chucking grenades at the snorks... ah the memories...

This comment was edited on Apr 25, 17:25.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Sexism in Gaming Industry article Apr 25, 2007, 17:15 Awesome Spume

You don't have to perform an autopsy on every single message at or about you...

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo