Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
6. Re: YouTube Jun 2, 2006, 16:54 Awesome Spume

...seriously, those guys need to grow up. What's so bad about a simple "Down for maintenance" page? Turning it into an opportunity for some lame over-done fad joke just makes them look unprofessional.

You build YOUR multi-million dollar company you can be as professional as you want. Ummmm, fuck you cos I'll not be visiting your little stalag.

-------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2006, 16:50 Awesome Spume

The crane falls and crushes the tank, and I assume, if you did that 50 times it would be different each time, because the physics cards are bending the metal each time.

If it follows physics it would do it the same every time. Science not a strong point?

Elf... damn right.

our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
3. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2006, 16:40 Awesome Spume

We all saw the "Bullshit" episode about PETA, right?

I can see their point but PETA is worse for animals than the average slaughterhouse. We have people picketing a hunt about 5 miles from my house because foxes are lovely and people on horses kill wildlife. It's like they forget that foxes have to kill wildlife, more or less every day, just to survive.

I believe PETA is a charity - perhaps the time has come to make charities more accountable for the crap they ooze in the name of selected causes.

In my heart I see nothing wrong with someone objecting to raising an animal just to skin the fur off its back. OTOH I see nothing wrong with doing it in the first place. I support one man's right to protest and another man's right to make a living. If the public finds one or other more objectionable then their cause will die or wither.

If you were to transpose animal and person I suppose it would be a different matter. For most of you.

News Comments > Site Seeing
4. Re: UFO Aftershock Jun 2, 2006, 16:29 Awesome Spume

More of the same would be akin to another mountain of shit. It's an impressive achievement but you wouldn't take it home with you.

News Comments > Gold - Titan Quest
8. Re: No subject Jun 2, 2006, 16:25 Awesome Spume

I loved this one too, grabbing two copies on release day for some old fashioned LAN gaming goodness.

Old fashioned LAN gaming goodness only needed one copy back when it was old fashioned.

Is it just me or does this forum appear to be over-run with gaming shills these days?

News Comments > Morning Q&As
4. Re: Tacticular Cancer Jun 1, 2006, 18:19 Awesome Spume

One of the few game sites I check in on regularly, aside from Blues. I'm in agreement with most of their opinionated rants and I think the name is cool.

Loved Disciples 2 to little bits so why can't I get into HOMM5?

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
2. Re: ? May 31, 2006, 13:03 Awesome Spume

Wasn't service pack 2 supposed to be... ..'the most secure version of windows ever'?

It was.

That just doesn't mean a lot.

News Comments > Galactic Civilizations II Add-on Plans
5. Re: No subject May 30, 2006, 14:59 Awesome Spume

MP would mean having some kind of match-making service which is all overhead. As their policy on second hand sales shows they're all about the money.

News Comments > Monday Game Reviews
3. Re: HOMM5 May 29, 2006, 17:22 Awesome Spume

Meh. I'll probably go back to SF2 (I think my copy has Starforce. Can't say I noticed though.) but in the last week I've tried and been unimpressed with CIV IV, Spellforce 2 and HOMM5. Funnily enough the only games to give me any entertainment were Sin: Emergence (bogged down getting to the roof!!!) and the venerable Space Empires 4 with the latest Dev Null mod. Oh and Oblivion but I played it to death and can't stand to look at it anymore.

News Comments > Monday Game Reviews
1. HOMM5 May 29, 2006, 14:16 Awesome Spume

I'm finding the single player campaign pretty boring. Not engaged by the combat at all. Probably just a general games funk - I gave up on Spellforce 2 after a day as well.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
11. Re: The broken laptop i sold on ebay May 28, 2006, 01:26 Awesome Spume

That and the GW vs WOW video make this one of the best Links for a while.

You have to read the comments from the Broken Laptop story. There're pages of it, multiple instances of the fraudster using assumed names, accusations of paedophilia and sundry other law breaking. This is better than the Emmerdale Omnibus I normally watch on a Sunday morning.

News Comments > Saturday Q&As
4. Re: AA up on blocks? May 28, 2006, 01:02 Awesome Spume

I've seen comments here and in blogs saying what a great game AA is - do you suppose these are shills at work?

News Comments > NWN Infinite Dungeons
10. Re: No subject May 28, 2006, 00:59 Awesome Spume

I played Morrowind on and off from release until the release of Oblivion. Never got tired of it, just took breaks as new games came out. Oblivion - I still haven't finished the main quest (so the gates stay open basically) but I've done pretty much everything else and I just feel no urge to go back. Morrowind had regular official addons released which are now being charged for and no matter how good they are I've no intention of supporting that business model. But hey, I easily got my money's worth from Ob.

NWN? Blah. Ugly game, even when it was first released. I've played through it and the expansions and even some of the unofficial mods. Won't touch the offical premium mods (see above.) You can't take me from the beautiful 2d grafix and party focus of Baldurs Gate to a pig ugly 3d solo (with gimpy hired hands) crawl and expect me to appreciate it.

And yeah, bring on DIII though II probably helped contribute to my CTS.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
26. Re: I'm looking for a Greasemonkey scrip May 27, 2006, 11:57 Awesome Spume

And... what makes better TV? A new console from Sony or MS with a standard controller or a new console with a new controller aimed at young and old alike? Even if Nintendo alienates the hardcore gamers (well, duh..., old folks can use this controller so it must suck...) they stand to pick up with, well, everybody else. I am, honestly, too old to get much from most console games. The typical Xbox or PS2 game pisses me off after 20 minutes. Last I looked my age demographic (40+) outweighed (probably a poor choice of word) the 15 to 25 age group. I'm not saying there shouldn't be challenging video games but I'd like to make a plea for intelligent difficulty levels. Moving away from controllers with 20 buttons on them is a good start in my book.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
24. Re: I'm looking for a Greasemonkey scrip May 27, 2006, 11:30 Awesome Spume

While the E3 presentation crown went to Nintendo, I seriously doubt it will make a difference.

I think Nintendo have always been well received critically. They were also, just a decade or two ago, the TOP console company. I've owned the GC, PS2 and Xbox and the only one I still have is the GC. And not because nobody wanted it when I was trying to give it away!

I bought a DS shortly after it came out in the UK and if you haven't you should. It's guaranteed to re-invigorate your interest in gaming.

So do I have high hopes for the Wii? Apart from the name, hell yeah.

News Comments > Tomb Raider: Legend Euro Patch
7. Re: No subject May 27, 2006, 11:15 Awesome Spume

It's only short if you don't try to find all the secrets. Good luck finding the gold ones.

Oh, I hadn't thought of that.

What does finding all the secrets get you?

News Comments > Out of the Blue
72. Re: It's a baby. May 27, 2006, 01:54 Awesome Spume

The C-Section was pretty fucking awesome though, apparently I am the only one to have watched the whole thing, just fascinating.

Almost exactly what my brother told me when my niece was born. He even said it was fascinating. Sick fucker.

News Comments > Tomb Raider: Legend Euro Patch
2. Re: No subject May 27, 2006, 01:40 Awesome Spume

I'll likely play through it again.

Which shouldn't take long as it was a notably short game.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: No subject May 26, 2006, 19:06 Awesome Spume

Now, if there were some sort of financial penalty tied to misinforming the public, we would have a better chance of getting more facts and less fiction from the mainstream media.

And the government. Except the government would pay these fines with our money.

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: BloodRayne sucking on DVDů May 25, 2006, 18:31 Awesome Spume

It's an okay film if you're into the vampire genre. (I have no idea what is hot in the vampire genre right now so if you have some predeliction I'm not aware of then more power to you. I just like busty chicks with fangs.) If you want to see an expensive epic then avoid. I thought it was okay. I felt better after watching it than I did after Sideways.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 20.
< Newer [ 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo