Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. PS3 + OS X Jun 10, 2006, 23:55 Awesome Spume

Sounds more like the Phantom every day.

-------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > NecroVisioN Unveiled
10. Re: ... Jun 10, 2006, 17:42 Awesome Spume

I wouldn't be surprised if I never heard about this game again.

Particularly if someone poured molten lead in your ears.

our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

News Comments > Into the Black
8. Re: Blue, don't let this happen to you. Jun 9, 2006, 19:27 Awesome Spume

do you have to brag about? no one gives a shit you were driving 120 in your piece of eaurotrash car. i hope you hit a deer or some other large beast and total it.

Oh. I hope he swerves to avoid the deer and clips you and you stand right back up, thinking you're okay, but your broken leg buckles under you and you smack your head off a previously cubed Ford WHICH WAS JUST LYING THERE causing you to get brain damage which makes you think you're the Chancellor of a small country between Bavaria and Latvia. A POOR country.... muwhahahaha....

News Comments > etc., etc.
3. Re: Half-Life 2 No 1! Jun 9, 2006, 19:19 Awesome Spume

Sorry?

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Rumor Control
36. Re: ... Jun 8, 2006, 18:46 Awesome Spume

What you are talking about been happening over about 10 years now. When *real online gaming was in it's infancy with shooters like Quake, you either learned very quickly how to kick ass in the game, or you died every 15 seconds. I tried to get several of my friends into Quake1/2 back then and they couldn't stay alive long enough to enjoy it.

Do I think this is a bad thing? NO! I learned how to kick ass, and then it was no longer a problem. I'm considered a "niche" or "extreme" circumstance by game companies now in that I actually want to have to bust my ass to be good at the game. The lion's share of the gaming market now are full of mouth breathing morons who prefer mindless, skilless content. What game hasn't been dumbed down over the last few years?

If in 10 years from playing Quake (of all things) you haven't gotten to a point in your life where your time is more important than having a game bust your ass then I'd say you need to find a new career. Because it is WORK that busts your ass and you play games to relax from it. This may have confused you.

EDIT: AND it's entirely possible that it's actually the old boys of gaming who, clearly, had been playing videogames for 15 years before you discovered Quake who are responsible for games becoming easier (if that's even true.)

I'm 43 and have been playing games since the PET. My reaction speed is shot but I still want to finish the games I buy. Though, hell yeah, my kids and my nephews generation don't seem to have the same impetus to finish their games.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 18:51.

News Comments > No Premium Module Program for NWN2?
7. Re: ... Jun 8, 2006, 18:27 Awesome Spume

I rather not see any Premium Modules than Oblivion style $2 a pop for what would have been free 3 years ago.

I agree. It's a nasty precedent and will only encourage devs to lock down the tools needed to make mods.

Though it is kinda interesting that the PS3 may fail compared to expectations and the 360 will also never live up to MS expectations. So the only console which will likely make money is the WII which is going to mine retro gaming rather than mod content.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Expands Today
18. Re: sigh Jun 8, 2006, 18:21 Awesome Spume

They had such a good thing going, and now in their greed to try to catch up with WoW, they have destroyed the game. How do you manage to screw up the Star Wars IP? You have a giant, dedicated audience already built in. You just need to make a decent game, morons.

It's even easier than that. All they had to do was create an EASY game. It's not actually about the game, it's about the revenue. Just make a game where it's easy to reach levelcap and raise the levelcap with expansions every 6 months. EQ got half this right but while it had a few hundred thousand subscribers SWG should have had millions. The problem was they gave the game to a company that typified the genre in the West at the time but who really only catered to hardcore players. WOW milked the casual players and pretty much pissed over the Verant business model.

News Comments > Hot Coffee Cools
4. Re: ... Jun 8, 2006, 18:03 Awesome Spume

You work for NASA too? Cool!

News Comments > DDO Goes Solo
24. Re: alone together Jun 7, 2006, 19:09 Awesome Spume

I only group when I'm drunk and only then after warning everyone else they WILL die.

EDIT: sorry, I didn't realise we were talking about MMORPGs.

This comment was edited on Jun 7, 19:11.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: best buy.. Jun 6, 2006, 14:50 Awesome Spume

Millions? Why? What harm was done to him? People like you seem to mistake litigation for some kind of lottery. I hope Starforce sues you for millions with all the lies you tell about their products.

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic V Patch
3. Re: Jun 6, 2006, 14:37 Awesome Spume

Patience?

If I don't finish a game there's usually someone I can give it to who'll get something from it. With HOMM5 I just can't see the point. If I was trawling around the map in anticipation of some deep complex battle then it would be forgivable. But I'm not. In the campaign 99.9% of the battles (in the first campaign anyway) are against neutrals so Hero vs Hero is irrelevent. Not that I'm convinced the hero makes much of a difference compared to, say, a huge stack of marksmen.

On the plus side I went back to Spellforce 2 and am having a lot of fun with it (ironically because it's gotten harder as I progressed).

EDIT: oh oh oh and let's not forget that HOMM5 has brought my PC to its knees at normal detail at 1024x768 with a Athlon64 3600 2Gb ram and a 7800GS - not exactly cutting edge but I'd expect more than a slideshow.

This comment was edited on Jun 6, 14:40.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
25. Re: PS3 Costs Jun 6, 2006, 14:31 Awesome Spume

Do you really think there isn't going to be a delay in the product because of the Blu-ray?

You have the real possibility of a HD DVD version of the Xbox 360 before we ever see a PS3.

Did we ever get confirmation on the 16MB cache memory bus transfer limit (I think that was the jist of it) on the PS3 that was supposed to cripple performance?

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic V Patch
1. I'm sorry. Jun 6, 2006, 14:16 Awesome Spume

Is this the patch that makes the game fun? Actually an easy setting might do just that if it'll stop me having to circuit around the map 4 or 5 times just to build up an army to be torn down by the next mega stack of neutral mobs that's stopping me progressing along the map. And don't talk to me about the "chess like" battles because the tactical combat sucks hard.

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
3. Re: No subject Jun 4, 2006, 17:25 Awesome Spume

And of course the free Openoffice allows for word processing files to be output in PDF format.

News Comments > Oblivion Patch Soon
54. Re: Finally Jun 4, 2006, 13:22 Awesome Spume

Oblivion is a fantastic game. I love the open-ended gameplay and the amount of detail put into it.

It's open-ended but there aren't that many decisions to make. You either do the quest or you don't. There are about 3 decisions in the game that bear consequences.

After that there are cookie-cutter dungeons and bandit camps ad nauseum.

It's a good game but it's like they put all this content into the game world but failed to make it entertaining all the way to the end. I've quests to finish but the thought of going back and playing (after about 200 hours logged) anymore pains me. Even putting new quests into the game, either free or paid for, isn't going to freshen it for me if I have to kill another troll or mountain lion on my way there.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
1. Ummm Jun 3, 2006, 13:32 Awesome Spume

Boys have always shown an interest in dance, just not in being professional dancers. Check out 90% of youth culture and there's a dance associated with it.

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
1. Sony not concerned with market share. Jun 3, 2006, 13:15 Awesome Spume

Well that works out then.

32. Re: Coach Musselman it is! Jun 2, 2006, 17:45 Awesome Spume

Woo. Hoo.

30. Re: Strummin' With the Devil! Jun 2, 2006, 17:36 Awesome Spume

There was no........inspiration (for lack of a better word) that I could see. One or two songs that were OK, and the rest was blah.

You're a sorta Far Right Wing shill, aint ya? Are you actually a Bush? I suspect not because there is usually a clear difference between bush and cunt.

EDIT: speeling. Yeah, that sober...

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 17:37.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: The Pirate Bay Jun 2, 2006, 17:16 Awesome Spume

The Piratebay doesn't pirate shit either. It acts as a gateway to a platform upon which shit is pirated. You want to work back then the whole internet is guilty of this.

Realistically though those who operate the Piratebay must know that most of the activity is illegal (just try finding legal downloads. They're there but so swamped you won't link to most of them from anywhere but the host site. Anyway, I digress....). However the real question is whether we should respect copyright at all and that's what the Piratebay explores.

There's an entire history of copyright conflict that stems back to a period of time way beyond what any of us know. But, to sum up:

It started with oral tradition. The history of the tribe was passed on from person to person and thus a complete history of the tribe was maintained. As circumstances changed the emphasis of this history changed to reflect the current interest. Every year the history of the tribe was changed and challeneged depending on the current circumstances. This is pretty much how we got religion. (a load of bullshit shot around a campfire by a bunch of primitive humans high on cactus root.)

About the 18th century people got pissed off about books getting copied without consent in France. Enter copyright.

Initially copyright only existed for a few years, after which it was thought that the ideas thus presented would no longer be relevent and so have no value.

Apparently everything that is shit is also fertilizer because now anything with a copyright on it will be in copyright forever.

If Shakespeare was copyright protected you wouldn't have Forbidden Planet or Ten Things I hate About You.

Anyway, long story short... if people choose to pirate TV shows, DVDs or video games it's because the copyright holders have hijacked the public domain and deserve everything they get. There is no reason to wait 50 years to protest the loss of Doc Savage or Hammett. It's gone and they won't give it back. Make them suffer...

EDIT: oh, and the main reason things have changed now is because we now have the means to catalog... well... everything. If we start taking notes we can use them later against our masters. This is a bad thing, in their opinion. In 1984 it was possible for Big Brother to brainwash viewers into thinking that black was white. If you have a folder filled with images black and white this becomes harder.

This comment was edited on Jun 2, 17:21.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo