Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2006, 14:47 Awesome Spume

Sounds like digital delivery is ideal for you Mr Scissorhands.

-------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Friday Game Reviews
1. Shame Jul 7, 2006, 14:34 Awesome Spume

Hard Truck Apocalypse gets slammed again...

our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

News Comments > etc., etc.
4. Re: No subject Jul 7, 2006, 01:23 Awesome Spume

Never played JA2 but Disciples 2 is a great game which I've already got on Digital Download from Totalgaming/Stardock. $20 is only about 10 quid (good luck with devaluing your currency to third world levels BTW) but I have UFO Aftershock, Rogue Trooper, Everquest+Desert of Flames (hey, may as well...) and Shattered Union that I just picked up in sales each for a tenner and a fiver for Shattered Union.

EDIT: didn't it say somewhere that 20 dollars is the minimum spend on Steam. Isn't Gary's Mod 20 bucks because it couldn't be any cheaper? Checked and the only games at ten bucks are Valve's own. I use Steam and all but 20 bucks for old games is nuts and makes them look stupid.

This comment was edited on Jul 7, 01:31.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - GODS: Lands of Infinity
2. From the 4FATCHIX review.. Jul 7, 2006, 01:11 Awesome Spume

Tough but very miserly opponents, coupled with having to spend so much time in "FedEx" mode just to make a profit from trade, are my only real complaints with this game. ... I may have missed a minor gripe or two beyond this—it is rather hard for me to constantly look for problems when I'm having fun. And I did have fun playing Gods: Lands of Infinity—no question about that at all

I've tokens with TG so I'll probably pick it up but boy does this look fugly. Actually scratch that. I just checked and it's THREE tokens. Good God, if my grandfather were alive today he'd be spinning in his grave at the thought of spending that kind of scratch on a Slovakian old school RPG. In his day 3 tokens would have gotten you a mucky weekend in Blackpool with enough change to have the rash taken care of at the clinic.

EDIT: my head hurts...
This comment was edited on Jul 7, 01:13.

News Comments > DoD: Source Free Weekend Preloads
1. From the 4FATCHIX review... Jul 7, 2006, 01:05 Awesome Spume

EDIT: Oops... wrong comment thread. Badly hungover.
This comment was edited on Jul 7, 01:10.

News Comments > Tuesday Tech Bits
3. Re: BenQ Blu-ray writer Jul 4, 2006, 17:01 Awesome Spume

Blu-ray Disks for backup? DLT drives are getting cheaper and the media holds more data. Only advantage is that eventually BR media will be dirt cheap. Hardly a perfect backup media though.

News Comments > Tuesday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Jul 4, 2006, 16:49 Awesome Spume

To be fair though, it's their company, their product, they can do whatever they want with it. I don't see how anyone can sue over that..

Sensible lucid statement. Not a lawyer then?

News Comments > HoMM5 Map Plans
9. Re: Let me get this straight... Jul 4, 2006, 16:47 Awesome Spume

take more than two crappy maps to fix this game.

News Comments > Monday Consolidation
8. Re: ..... Jul 3, 2006, 16:21 Awesome Spume

How did Atari do in Japan? Has a non-Japanese console ever done well in Japan? Or US home computers like the Amiga or ST? How did they do compared to MSX? If there's racism going on I don't think it's all on these forums.

News Comments > Monday Consolidation
7. Re: ..... Jul 3, 2006, 16:19 Awesome Spume

EDIT: fuxored up my post... the embarrassment...

This comment was edited on Jul 3, 16:22.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
8. Gosh! Jul 1, 2006, 15:19 Awesome Spume

but this guy just let Foxy keep going until I finally gave up on falling back to sleep.

So you killed him and Of Rock Star Fame took the blame?

News Comments > Site Seeing
1. If you were stupid enough to buy Jul 1, 2006, 15:15 Awesome Spume

DS2 then you deserve to buy this except you live in a trailer park and will never read this.

News Comments > A Vampyre Story Undead
5. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2006, 15:12 Awesome Spume

This is great news !

Looks old school. You, on the other hand, sound like a shill. I'm crying shill a lot these days but mainly because these forums are infected with shills.

To clarify, we already have plenty of people carrying the torch for old Lucasarts games. In fact there are far more Lucasarts-style games coming out commercially than ever before.

This shilling crap is going to kill user forums dead far quicker than trolls like me. This is like the cusp of when we thought email was going to be legendary... and then we got a message making us question our manhood... or our bank balance.. or whether we had enough in our bank balance to improve out manhood.

News Comments > Mythic Joins UO Team
9. Re: No subject Jul 1, 2006, 03:20 Awesome Spume

we are witnessing the death of another EA company acquisition....gotta love it

News Comments > Total War: Eras Announced
7. Re: Salted? Jun 29, 2006, 18:00 Awesome Spume

Perhaps he alludes to the time during the gold rush when claims were "salted" with gold by loading a shotgun with gold dust and firing it at the ground to make it appear the claim was rich with gold.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
15. Bloom County Jun 29, 2006, 13:29 Awesome Spume

I miss it.

Philly - great show. Pretty much every episode was great. But here (shown on Bravo, UK) it just seemed to end after about 8 episodes or so. Where there more?

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
5. Re: Google Checkout Jun 29, 2006, 13:21 Awesome Spume

To accept payments you have to make a onetime payment to Paypal so it's possible that the transaction charges plus the upgrade cost may have been 33% for a one off transaction but subsequent ones would have been, what? under 2%?

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
4. Re: P2P insurer will pay your fines Jun 29, 2006, 13:18 Awesome Spume

Insurance for file-sharing?

Or more to the point I don't think anyone in Sweden has ever been successfully fined over peer to peer. I think the company involved is actually piratebay or an affiliate.

News Comments > TerraWars Ships - Demo Released
3. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2006, 13:15 Awesome Spume

...not even for free....

News Comments > Total War: Eras Announced
3. Re: No subject Jun 29, 2006, 13:13 Awesome Spume

I got unexpected crashes with Medieval and don't think I could get Shogun to run but I think that was a post SP2 thing that may well have been addressed. But yeah, no going back for me either - RTR FTW.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 17.
< Newer [ 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo