Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

News Comments > Saturday Metaverse
2. Re: Ding! Jul 29, 2006, 17:25 Awesome Spume

Obscure?

Can't really blame China for insisting on 50% local ownership of companies doing business there when the rest of the Western world is blocking China from buying companies. Don't get me wrong, I think China is a wart but if you're going to try and coax someone into democracy with capitalism it would be nice if you played fair.

-------------------------------------------------
our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: The 64% Violent Pacman Jul 28, 2006, 16:55 Awesome Spume

"Is the ESRB to be trusted?""

No brainer.

NO.

You're missing the point. The ESRB is a voluntary institution to dissuade government meddling. If you don't pretend to support it you open the door for an official government body involved in rating games.

Of course that's what we have in the UK and we don't get any of this shit about kiddies playing violent games because it's illegal to sell an 18 rated game to a 17 year old. So their parents buy them for them and everybody is happy. Hard to complain about kids playing violent games when the people buying them are voters.

our daily interactions with 'real' people are far more scripted than any game. Your behavior at work... every aspect of your life conforms to a social script we all agree to play by.

News Comments > Guild Wars: Nightfall PVP Preview Event
5. Re: NiN Jul 28, 2006, 16:47 Awesome Spume

One as bad as the other. They both hijack eachothers comments so the crush may go both ways.

News Comments > Evening Tech Bits
1. I need 8 cores Jul 28, 2006, 02:03 Awesome Spume

1 to work on
1 for my IM
1 for internet radio
1 for Windows Genuine Advantage
1 for my anti-spam
1 for my anti-spyware
1 for my anti-virus
1 for downloading pr0n in the background

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
1. IP is not a person Jul 28, 2006, 01:59 Awesome Spume

I have a cable modem from NTL in the UK. There is massive abuse of both their broadband and cable television networks to the extent that I doubt they could say with 100% certainty that I was actually using the IP address assigned to me. It's so bad that people are actually surprised when I tell them I pay for my TV/broadband package.

News Comments > Gold - DarkStar One
28. Re: I guess Jul 27, 2006, 18:55 Awesome Spume

Last thing I want to do is play Titan Quest or go watch Superman.... again.

I've never made a list but I'm sure I could come up with a few things I'd rather do less than play TQ or watch SM. I guess I'll be playing Titan Quest and you'll be picking up bowling balls with your teeth or braking a runaway bus with your elbows. Seriously, it's a long list of things I'd rather do last.

News Comments > Morning Mobilization
4. Re: HD sleeve Jul 27, 2006, 18:42 Awesome Spume

That iSee gadget sounds nifty. If it does what it says, I might be able to transfer my HDTV content I have recorded in Media Center and transfer it over to my iPod for playback in HD. That would be sweet!!

You know what? Some people here are going to call you stupid. But they're the stupid ones...

News Comments > Sword of the Stars Demo
10. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2006, 18:03 Awesome Spume

There's a tutorial? Missed that. TBH I think it's a pile of shit. I'm currently involved in a thrilling battle between some asteroids and.... well, nothing. I've no home fleet but I still have to watch the "battle" unfold. Poor.

The map is hectic, the voice acting is awful, the technology tree is an exercise in stupidity...

The GUI is clean to the point of uselessness.

Naw, not worth the download.

News Comments > Sword of the Stars Demo
8. Re: No subject Jul 25, 2006, 17:15 Awesome Spume

Worth the download?

News Comments > Horizons Sold
15. Re: look at this Jul 22, 2006, 09:55 Awesome Spume

The game's been developed for the most part so what's left is upkeep. Assuming they didn't pay all that much for it (and it was probably a stock swap thing) then all they nee are enough players to pay for upkeep. Better result than shutting it down (AC2, that EA space game, others I can't remember...) if there are still people willing to pay to play. Hardware and data costs are dropping in relative terms all the time after all.

News Comments > WoW Class Crossovers
21. Re: PVP Jul 22, 2006, 09:12 Awesome Spume

maybe you mean paladins in the horde will balance pvp?

Haven't played at all since my nephew borrowed my account, about 8 months ago, but Paladins in the horde will probably be tough on Shamens looking for raid groups.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. Re: Nintendo’s Lifestyle PR campaign fal Jul 22, 2006, 09:00 Awesome Spume

According to the article one of their complaints was about the physicality of playing Wii games after a hard day at work. Specifically it says that there a huge difference between waving a controller about and just moving your thumb a little while gripping a controller. Yeah, the diffrence is RSI/Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Nowadays even my DS makes my wrist hurt after about a half hour.

News Comments > Star Wars Galaxies Bundle
26. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 16:24 Awesome Spume

Is this a bundle of crap?

News Comments > Gold - Dungeon Siege II: Broken World
23. Re: No subject Jul 20, 2006, 03:15 Awesome Spume

i have never seen americans in such denial

New here?

News Comments > Kudos Ships, Demo
27. Re: Sad Jul 17, 2006, 17:12 Awesome Spume

The trekkies will always find people watching sex and the city to be sad, the sex and the city bunch think the trekkies are sad.

And there's those of us who think both are sad.

News Comments > Saturday Previews
2. Re: Sycophantic Tiger Woods Preview Jul 15, 2006, 15:37 Awesome Spume

Good burn.

News Comments > Saturday Matinee
1. Dungeon Siege II: Broken World Jul 15, 2006, 15:34 Awesome Spume

...tumbleweeds...

News Comments > QUAKE 4 Patch Plans
8. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2006, 15:32 Awesome Spume

I am so completely, utterly, amazingly overjoyed that I never purchased this.

You missed out. It's cheap now. Overjoyed you DIDN'T play a game? Get out much? There's a lot of joy out there.

It's a solid solo FPS up until the last few levels, which are pretty dull a la Farcry (ie they just increased the difficulty to stupid levels.)

QIV is many times better than Doom 3 and many times better than a lot of other FPS games. It's a GOOD game. It just isn't great.

News Comments > Project Gray Company/LotR Confirmation
12. Re: No subject Jul 15, 2006, 04:50 Awesome Spume

Hated the Simarillion. Probably because it reminded me of the Bible too.

News Comments > Project Gray Company/LotR Confirmation
10. Re: No subject Jul 14, 2006, 16:34 Awesome Spume

The world economy is based on trade. Of goods AND services. For instance, in the UK it is the service industry in all its forms that drives the economy, since we abandonned any attempt to keep up in manufacturing.

The truth is if your job CAN be done cheaper somewhere else then it WILL be. There was a (relative) lot of money spent educating those guys who're taking your jobs. Maybe more so than you ever spent, relatively. When did the world start owing you a living?

Ah whatever. This started out as a racist thread and has worked at keeping itself that way.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 15.
< Newer [ 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo