Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Attach rate Nov 22, 2006, 08:38 Awesome Spume

Naw... it would only mean that if new console buyers were buying a MINIMUM 2-3 games at the same time and a 3-4 more in the next 12 months. Less than that and the attach rate drops.

Factoring in swapping between friends and buying second hand I'd say that their analysis is probably quite sharp.

-------------------------------------------------
Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: No subject Nov 22, 2006, 08:32 Awesome Spume

I think the most accurate thing to say would be that violent games are the by-product of a violent society. Restricting violent games to "fix" the world is like sticking a plaster on the bubo to cure the plague.

Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
5. Re: So now it's a trilogy? Nov 22, 2006, 08:26 Awesome Spume

I didn't expect to get Episode 2 after never even bothering to finish Episode 1 but it'll be more a case of buying Portal and Team Fortress 2 and getting Episode 2 thrown in .

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Morning Q&As
1. Green Monster Nov 20, 2006, 12:48 Awesome Spume

An MMO sounds like a quick way to burn through his retirement fund. Look at canned/crashedNburned MMOs vs successful ones and it isn't where I'd be putting my money. Cell phone games or Xbox arcade games are where you should start out.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Out of the Blue
3. Wii Review Nov 19, 2006, 18:43 Awesome Spume

Pardoy? I thought those were real games. Real unfunny games.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Op Ed
1. In Summary Nov 19, 2006, 18:28 Awesome Spume

In this guys opinion people shouldn't be able to question people's opinions. And if they decry an opinion it should be shunned.

Pure logic.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Sunday Tech Bits
1. Vista will succeed no matter Nov 19, 2006, 17:50 Awesome Spume

What? The idea that geeks will be the ones lining up to buy it is deranged as it is one of the most geek-unfriendly OSs from Microsoft yet. Geeks never needed bells and whistles from MS anyway. This is a gamers OS. Not the same.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Saturday Game Reviews
2. Re: Gothic 3 Nov 19, 2006, 05:08 Awesome Spume

Try patching it. Specifically the game save bug should have been fixed. Though, TBH, I'm still holding off on playing properly until they've released a couple more patches. Still perfectly playable and fun as of the 1.09 patch IMO but I don't want to get too deep into the storyline and have them release a patch that isn't save game compatible. Oh and you probably need 2GB of memory but that seems to be standard for games these days, bizarrely.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > New Ship to Sail, CS Cheaters Banned, & More
18. Re: CS Cheats Nov 19, 2006, 04:58 Awesome Spume

People have known who he is for awhile now. Thats what baffles me. That attitude he has will be his downfall though. He's going to rip off the wrong coder, probably from eastern europe where they don't have second thoughts about putting a bullet in your head. If not that he'll tick off some psychopath gamer who will simply go to his home and set him on fire.

You actually get dumber on a daily basis.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2006, 18:42 Awesome Spume

Brandon?

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: No subject Nov 15, 2006, 18:08 Awesome Spume

I think Chuck D and Flava Flav said it best, "Don't Believe The Hype!"

I think they said it best when they said "exxy Batman is a full on queer pussy. He would break his own back trying to lick his, or anyone else's, balls." Those crazy guys.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Happy Feet
1. Okay... Nov 15, 2006, 10:00 Awesome Spume

Tap-dancing? Check!

Penguins? Check!

Belly-sledding? Check!

Finally, my dream game...

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
9. Re: 88,400 Playstation 3's Sold, 76,000 Nov 15, 2006, 07:51 Awesome Spume

Add Will Smith to that list and Adam Sandler though he's on the out.

EDIT: oh and Jim Carrey. Maybe Ashton Kutchner too though comedies should make you laugh, right?

Dear Customer,

This comment was edited on Nov 15, 07:55.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Medieval II: Total War
17. Re: Sir Nov 14, 2006, 10:58 Awesome Spume

Do not feed the trolls.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: No subject Nov 14, 2006, 10:24 Awesome Spume

Maybe I'm deluding myself but I don't think that's how the balance of power goes in their relationship. Will Wright could walk away from EA, contracts willing, and never have to work another day in his life. Or he could just set up a little robotics lab someplace and tool around with them. Maybe build himself a robot wife. EA would be losing their biggest cash cow.

Of course he could pull a Molyneux and Spore could tank.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > A Craving for Blood Game Plans
2. Re: No subject Nov 13, 2006, 12:42 Awesome Spume

Gamers are going to be very excited about this one.

It often surprises me when apparently clever people say very very stupid things.

I want to email Matrix games and tell them this will sink without trace and won't even raise itself to the ranks of bad games remembered for being bad. But I just don't care enough.

If you know someone who bought MHW's book do the world a favour.

EDIT: popular? I checked amazon.co.uk (no reviews) and amazon.com (1 review 5 stars, ie the obligatory fake first review).

Dear Customer,

This comment was edited on Nov 13, 12:45.

News Comments > White Wolf/CCP Q&A
4. Re: possibility Nov 13, 2006, 09:22 Awesome Spume

4 or 6 player maximum and having 1 or 2 dungeon masters moderating each game.

Yeah. You could probably support that model with a mere $1000 per month subscription fee.

Ahem.

Unless you go the NWN route and let players DM. Not going to happen though is it?

Since this is CCP expect to spend the first few months digging graves.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Out of the Blue
17. Re: SPAM Nov 7, 2006, 15:23 Awesome Spume

Yeah Enahs, I've only been getting about 1/5 to 1/4 of the spam I received even as recently as last week.

Possibly because of this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6122046.stm

spam/pop-ups? Who knows... my ISP allegedly started blocking spam and I've seen scant change.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > The Guild 2 Demo
3. Re: POS Oct 31, 2006, 17:01 Awesome Spume

It seems they fix one bug and introduce two new ones with each patch. The fussy graphics put me off more than the, generally funny, bugs I encountered.

http://www.starshipsofa.com/

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Neverwinter Nights 2
56. Re: No subject Oct 31, 2006, 16:15 Awesome Spume

Ordered mine from Game in the UK, they usually get the software to you on the day of it's official Euro/UK release date - free delivery too.

2 quid more than from Play.com but Play is a slowcoach on delivery. However the Chaotic Evil collectors edition from Game is a tenner more than the Lawful Good collectors edition from Play. Sadly I'd rather have the CE CE and may just swallow the difference.

EDIT: Play.com is already listing the LG CE as ex-stock so I ordered from them. Says it includes the original and both expansions. No biggy since I already own them.

http://www.starshipsofa.com/
This comment was edited on Oct 31, 16:29.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 11.
< Newer [ 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo