Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > etc.
3. DOA Jun 18, 2007, 02:49 Awesome Spume

Great bad movie.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Orson Scott Card Q&A
13. Re: Three Card Shuffle... Jun 17, 2007, 15:23 Awesome Spume

I loved early OSC but he became popular and started seriously writing to order and I lost interest. But like that other guy said - I lost interest in reading after getting heavier into the PC. I've become a born again reader though but I'm mainly re-reading books I read first as a teenager (probably says a lot about me).

I also used to write prolifically though not well, however the wank job about trying to write before criticizing an author is bogus. Anyone is entitled to an opinion. You don't need to go on a cordon bleu cookery course, open a restaurant and get a Michelin star before you can have an opinion on food. Oh and PS remind me not to read your story because now I know the main character dies. We have spoiler tags for a reason.

EDIT - oh and where will any of this go my misty-eyed friend? Probably nowhere. Your typical book deal will make you 3-5 grand for a years work. If you learn to bang out a book a month you should live well.
This comment was edited on Jun 17, 15:27.

News Comments > EVE Online Expansion Next Week
12. Re: is this game Jun 16, 2007, 03:37 Awesome Spume

Their playerbase continues to grow, not decline.

That'll happen when having five or six accounts is seen as necessary to play the game.

News Comments > Vanguard Patch and Poll
8. Re: huh Jun 16, 2007, 03:35 Awesome Spume

As for the comment about giving the people a vote being as bad as giving those in the military a vote, that is how the US works, buddy... Those in the military can vote for the Commander in Chief. It's called a presidential election. But I digress.

The guy who spends the most wins in US presidential elections. Individual preference has nothing to do with it. And if you really want to get down to it Bush has very little individual choice about what he does because he has to answer to the gnomes in Zurich who're pulling his strings. You think one man could make so many stupid decisions? That's clusterfuck by committee, buddy. It's well established that the only reason people even buy their way into the Whitehouse is because they're almost guaranteed to make the money back as public speakers when they decide to leave the job (again, nothing to do with voting.).

News Comments > Out of the Blue
14. Re: Captain America Jun 16, 2007, 03:21 Awesome Spume

I'm as anti-American as the next guy but it's mainly **Bush, Xtians and Billionaires I hate. I still love the concept of America, apparently more than most Americans. I grew up with the Cap and I think he's overdue a decent movie treatment (I actually sat through the travesty they made just because it was a Captain America movie) but hopefully more of a Spiderman 2 than a Fantastic Four 1 (which I actually liked because I was also a huge FF fan AND a Doc Doom fan. Doom was such a huge character and THAT was where the film screwed up. No way a fan could have chewed up, digested and shat out that pale imitation of Doom.)

Anyway, I assume you've already seen these animated Avengers movies:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0491703/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0803093/

I enjoyed them both though I think the first is the better film.

** And Batman. He's a stupid prick. And the loser guy who thinks we care about his Karaoke. And Warhawk, though to be fair he hasn't come out with anything stupid enough to annoy me recently. And Heather and Zathrus because we know it's one guy who thinks using his penis as a puppet means he's married.

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
3. Re: NBC Jun 16, 2007, 03:06 Awesome Spume

Ooooh, retard bitch fight.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bit
2. Re: No subject Jun 16, 2007, 03:04 Awesome Spume

?

You've heard of PocketPC, right? Or any of a number of LINUX based PDAs. Although to be fair I have a TX and a Z22 so it's not like I'm not part of the Palm Pilot hegemony.

Plus these Sideshow PDAs are basically glorifed Vista peripherals.

Just upping your post count?

News Comments > Privateer Gemini Gold
2. Re: Holy Crap.. Jun 16, 2007, 02:55 Awesome Spume

Ummmm, grabbing this before it gets Foxed.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Patch Plans
16. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2007, 13:28 Awesome Spume

Hey, wait a minute, i don't need a patch to become STALKER number one!

Which is kinda the point. I would assume the proposed patch will make it harder to get to number one by introducing a greater competitive spirit to the other Stalkers. If not it's all a bit pointless.

News Comments > id Tech Demo Movie
20. Re: No subject Jun 13, 2007, 03:09 Awesome Spume

Tell me again why I should spend $400+ dollars on just a video card.

Beats me. A $100.00 card will play modern games just fine. IF, however, you want to play your games at 8xAA at crazy resolution you can spend the money and do so.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Sword of the Stars: Born of Blood
3. Re: Soooo,,, Jun 6, 2007, 02:44 Awesome Spume

I'm surprised they sold enough of the original to warrant a sequel. The game interface is poor.

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
1. Ray Bradbury is Jun 4, 2007, 17:38 Awesome Spume

still alive? Wow. Great short story writer.

News Comments > Monday Game Reviews
2. Re: Halo 2 on the PC a Joke? Jun 4, 2007, 17:35 Awesome Spume

I started playing Halo 1 (PC) at the weekend. Fun game. I kept hearing how unplayable it was on release but all you had to do was give it a few years and now it runs a treat. Re-using the same bit of map six or seven times a level does get old though.

News Comments > Shadowrun Q&As
18. Re: RPG vs FPS Jun 1, 2007, 03:07 Awesome Spume

But at least they'll know exactly why all the Shadowrun fans aren't running right out to buy their game.

Flawed logic, pilgrim. By all accounts it's a good game so it'll sell 10x what the old school RPG did and 100x what the PnP game did. Thusly Shadowrun will become associated with a Techno-Fantasy Couterstrike game and people will look at you askance when you imply it ever had RPG roots. Not saying that's a good thing but that's what'll happen. How many people know Spiderman from the comix vs the films?

News Comments > The Guild 2: Pirates Of The European Seas Demo Hotfix
2. Re: Why am I not suprised? Jun 1, 2007, 03:00 Awesome Spume

A-fucking-men. Guild 2 was a turd. I bought it and Gothic 3 at the same time. Not a great days gaming. I

News Comments > Into the Black
3. Re: Now this is just stupid. Jun 1, 2007, 02:58 Awesome Spume

What's stupid about it? If you knowingly use someone else's WiFi and it happens to be against the law then accept that you're breaking the law and don't go blaming the cafe owner for not securing her router. It's like it's suddenly okay to rob a house if you forget to lock a window. Claiming you didn't know it was illegal is just weaseling out of your responsibility. I swipe TV shows off the internet but I don't go around pretending I'm an anarchist freedom fighter.

Anyway, who was first Rube Goldberg or Heath Robinson? Discuss.

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: No subject May 25, 2007, 16:20 Awesome Spume

Up to 16Mb and ASDL (ie 16Mb max download and 56kb (I think. Maybe twice that but still pretty slow) upload). But the UK is a small densely populated island and the US isn't.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: wtf? May 25, 2007, 15:56 Awesome Spume

Funny thing is console launch prices are increasing but the cost of gaming capable PCs is dropping. At some point you hit photo-realism and the PC wins by default because it doesn't have any licensing issues so games for it will always be cheaper. It's consoles that have been trying to catch up with PCs by offering web browsers, IM, friendslists etc etc. I doubt there'll even ever be another format war because game media will become passť with downloading/subscription models becoming the norm.

EDIT: frinstance, the last PC I built cost me about 900 quid a year and a half ago. For 480 quid now I can buy a credible PC with Vista Home Premium, 2gig ram, a 7600GT grafix card and an AMD 64 X2 4600 CPU ( http://www.bigpockets.co.uk/product.php?lang=&product_id=22496&session=a0a6cd9c5ae85e8081afcb3635139b62 )

Not cutting edge but it'll play anything current you throw at it. If you need more oomph put an expensive grafix card in it but if you're running a 19" TFT or under it's pointless.
This comment was edited on May 25, 16:03.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: No subject May 18, 2007, 17:28 Awesome Spume

I hear what you're saying but I played Riddick last year and the last thing it needs is... oh, sorry, the most urgent thing it needs is a modern remake. Escape From Butchers Bay is the best game I played last year. Obviously I've no interest in playing it again on another platform.

Bum. I'm gonna go re-play it again right now. Seriously, best game of 2004

News Comments > Morning Q&As
8. Re: I'm hip! I'm cool! May 18, 2007, 17:13 Awesome Spume

Trick question. They're both worst. I loved the "little profit" answer. Like movies are a goldmine. Tell that to the RIAA. Truth is movies make money, regardless of reported profits and games lose money according to publishers. The only time gamemakers and filmmakers get along is either when a shitty movie somehow pulls out a good game or a good movie forgets to license a game. I didn't much care for Sideways but it was a critical and actual success. No game though. +1.

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo