Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Awesome Spume

Real Name Awesome Spume   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Awesome Spume
Email Concealed by request
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 13, 2004, 21:12
Total Comments 1907 (Pro)
User ID 20171

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
15. Re: Wii Recall Dec 18, 2006, 16:21 Awesome Spume

There is no recall but if you want a replacement strap you can have one. The replacement strap isn't even necessary unless you're into auto-erotic asphyxiation and hanging yourself by it. In which case, fair enough...

-------------------------------------------------
www.digg.com

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: How to play videogames fro a living. Dec 16, 2006, 03:15 Awesome Spume

Funny film that.

www.digg.com

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
2. Re: Unfriendly Side of German Game Dec 16, 2006, 02:49 Awesome Spume

I think Crytek got busted for using pirate software. Or as you say they may have just been accused of it but I'm pretty sure they got busted for it.

www.digg.com

News Comments > XNA Q&A
2. Re: XNA Dec 16, 2006, 02:46 Awesome Spume

Then maybe you're just getting sucked into knee-jerk anti-microsoft hype. Ot maybe not. I've heard some good things from people who use it and a lot of disbaraging comments from people who don't. Need to use your discretion to decide whose opinion is more valid. Or try it yourself. It's free you know.

www.digg.com

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
12. Re: CRUCIFY HIM! Dec 14, 2006, 16:57 Awesome Spume

"Once the courts get a backbone - we will see crime decrease."

Don't you already have the largest percentage of your population behind bars of the whole western world?

Acleacius is right - all this bloodlust is pretty misplaced under the circumstances.

www.digg.com

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Hellboy Dec 11, 2006, 17:13 Awesome Spume

Loved the movie. There's an animated movie? Gotta go look for that.

www.digg.com

News Comments > Morning Q&As
2. Vanguard 4 Vista Dec 11, 2006, 17:10 Awesome Spume

Making your MMO a Vista exclusive certainly sounds like a good way to dig your own grave.

www.digg.com

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
3. I got my Wii Dec 9, 2006, 06:50 Awesome Spume

and now I'm sore...

Only 50k in the UK? Not that many really. Hmm, time to change my sig.

Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.

News Comments > The Sims 2: Seasons Announced
4. Re: No subject Dec 9, 2006, 06:47 Awesome Spume

We started allowing spamming on the boards? For shame...

No reason to expect Spore to have any fewer expansion packs than the Sims. Or perhaps they'll just release the later stages as expansion packs. You pay for the main package to get you up to early tribes status and after that you pay for each level of increased civilization. Wouldn't surprise me.

Dear Customer,

We can confirm, despite a European shortage of the Nintendo Wii consoles, that Play.com should be able to supply your pre-ordered Nintendo Wii at launch.

News Comments > MMO Firefly
32. Re: No subject Dec 8, 2006, 03:15 Awesome Spume

Eh, I actually thought Firefly would be an awesome MMO but it would have to be something epic and immense.

Firefly never really got the chance to be epic. It was mostly a bunch of little stories. Even the movie is basically based off a minor bureaucratic blunder that modern governments would sweep under the carpet just as quickly.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > The IRS Sword of Taxation (+2)
15. Re: Two thoughts Dec 4, 2006, 16:22 Awesome Spume

All they have to do is lobby for an MMO surcharge to be levied on all subscriptions. Say a dollay fifty per month to cover losses from tax evasion. Easy peasy.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Evening Q&As
2. Re: OK, really... Dec 2, 2006, 17:10 Awesome Spume

Whatever. NWN2 doesn't work.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Sam Suede Gets the Brush
4. Re: Hip Hip Hooray Dec 2, 2006, 17:09 Awesome Spume

how about the realization that your game sucks

Kinda coherent for Fred.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Saturday Consolidation
11. Re: Sony's Plans for the future Nov 26, 2006, 09:57 Awesome Spume

My brother bought it and loved it though it is very short. He beat it in about fifteen hours. Even so he said it is a keeper and one of the best looking games he has seen so far. I got a copy coming from GameFly so I'll check it out soon.

Why didn't you borrow your brother's copy? Is he still playing the MP?

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Black Friday Q&As
6. Re: Age of Conan Interview Nov 25, 2006, 09:01 Awesome Spume

Norwegian Blue parrots.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Sexism my aching ball sack Nov 23, 2006, 18:49 Awesome Spume

It didn't take the first time?

EDIT: the correct answer to "Why do fantasy MMORPGs have female characters with huge racks and tiny waists?" should be answered by a) stating we wouldn't pay to play a game that featured a lot of fat wimmin waddling around in chainmail bikinis, unless b) they are Everquest trolls.

Dear Customer,

This comment was edited on Nov 23, 18:54.

News Comments > Thanksgiving Consolidation
16. No wireless router for your Wii? Nov 23, 2006, 18:46 Awesome Spume

Just turn your PC into a handy dandy $1000 router. <sigh>.

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Out of the Blue
12. If you're in the UK Nov 23, 2006, 03:55 Awesome Spume

and were thinking about getting an Xbox 360 for Xmas - Play currently have a bundle on a 360 Premium c/w Gears of War for 269.99 which translates to the console being about 235 quid which I didn't think was too shabby. They have a number of other bundles which went live today (23rd) as well, although technically it should have been tomorrow (24th). I checked Amazon but couldn't see it as a bundle (hating their new search interface BTW...) and Gameplay who were after a penny shy of 300 quid. Pshaw. One of the guys here swears by Game.co.uk (Why, lord, why?) and the closest thing they had was a Premium + Gears + Condemned for 299.99 which is a heartless attempt to shift dead stock and translates to about 285.00 for the Console + Gears. Better deal than Gameplay though, which surprises me.

Ah, found it on Amazon - on the 360 front page but not findable through search - see above ref their new search system - and it's the same as gameplay at 299.99 for premium console + one of a long list of potential games.

Thus ends the consumer report.

And FYI - I'm buying the 360 for my nephew and will be testing it for him until Xmas. Dedication...

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Morning Safety Dance
3. Re: Annual charges with AV software Nov 23, 2006, 03:34 Awesome Spume

Most people here don't need anti-virus software anyway. Hey, I keep AVG running too but when was the last time you ever got a virus alert?

Keep Windows up to date, keep your firewall up (I use Filseclab free version - it's not the best but I got fed up with Zonealarm) and use Firefox for your browsing.

The real problem I had with paid-for anti-virus (like Norton) is that they seem to throw everything they can think of into the mix to try to justify you paying them. Those trial versions of anti-virus software that come on new computers might as well be considered malware. After 3 months people get the pop up asking for their credit card details and are scared not to pay because every so often it's been warning them not to click there or press that button, instilling an aura of fear. Late at night when they're asleep it's also sneaking into their fridge and drinking their milk - straight from the carton!

Dear Customer,

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
5. Re: I swear Nov 23, 2006, 03:09 Awesome Spume

And life, if you believe in karmic reincarnation.

Dear Customer,

1907 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo