Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1890 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Now Gas Powered; Kings and Castles Dead?
4. Re: Age of Empires Online Now Gas Powered; Kings and Castles Dead? Feb 25, 2011, 13:18 Kajetan

Paketep wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 12:50:
This is no Age of Empires, Microsoft.
It's a very dumbed down and family friendly, casual version of one of the Greatest RTS of All Times. Technically, MS has every right to call this game "Age of Empires", but we all know, what this is ... misleading advertisement! The game itself might be not that bad, if you take it for what it is, but calling it "Age of Empires" is still false and misleading advertisement.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Thief 4 Image
6. Re: Thief 4 Image Feb 25, 2011, 10:34 Kajetan

reisub wrote on Feb 25, 2011, 10:14:
Please please please don't let this be in third-person. I think I would die a little inside.
Hey, it's stealthy, so it HAS to have Third Person View AND a cover system. Probably, it will have Auto-Heal and "more action, less thinking" gameplay too.

Simply assume the worst, drop all hope and be surprised, when the final game does NOT suck

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Feb 24, 2011, 06:52 Kajetan

AnointedSword wrote on Feb 24, 2011, 04:41:
How can they tell piracy did not effect the numbers? They cannot.
How can they tell piracy did (!) effect the numbers? Correct, they cannot.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans
14. Re: Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans Feb 22, 2011, 15:48 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 15:31:
Because a pretty solid game sold way less than it should have and needed massive support to get any kind of legs and even then didn't do what it should have.
That's what you think, that's what i think. But why, why should Epic have ANY interest in making an attractive shooter for the PC? Why? They make enough money from the console crowd and licensing the UT engine, that they can afford to learn nothing at all. There is no incentive to learn anything from their former mistakes.

News Comments > Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans
8. Re: Bulletstorm Released, DLC Plans Feb 22, 2011, 15:25 Kajetan

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 15:22:
It sounds like they learned nothing from the UT3 fiasco.
Why should they?

News Comments > Steve Nix leaves id
8. Re: Steve Nix leaves id Feb 22, 2011, 12:50 Kajetan

nin wrote on Feb 22, 2011, 11:38:
Yeah, but between Ritual and id, I'd consider him a decent suit, and not the standard variety.
It was just a cheap joke, i dont know him. So i wish him all the best

7. Re: Steve Nix leaves id Feb 22, 2011, 12:49 Kajetan

---  

1. Re: Steve Nix leaves id Feb 22, 2011, 11:31 Kajetan

Just a suit, nothing lost ...  

News Comments > Medal of Honor Sequel Announced
20. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Announced Feb 20, 2011, 09:34 Kajetan

Bhruic wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 08:46:
Why are companies still doing crappy-assed rail shooters this many years later?
Because they still sell in the millions.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
25. Re: RAGE Trailer Feb 20, 2011, 08:41 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 12:01:
Actually in Doom 3 they always spawned in closets and shit. Ones that were invisible moments before, sure, but walls opened or doors opened and the enemies popped out from behind them. It was actually exactly like Doom 1 and 2, though people pretend the games were very different.
Have you ever played any Doom game or have you a very weak memory? There was NO spawning or "monster popping" in Doom 1 and 2. And in Doom 3, some monsters were behind walls, some were just standing around, while other teleported in the moment you triggered a script. I really dont know to what Doom games you refer

18. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Announced Feb 20, 2011, 08:36 Kajetan

Ledge wrote on Feb 20, 2011, 07:08:
i think he was referring to in particular Doom3.

which i agree, had pretty much zero multiplayer. HL, not much more.
As said before, "not much" or "pretty much zero" is not the same as "none".

6. Re: Medal of Honor Sequel Announced Feb 19, 2011, 18:21 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Feb 19, 2011, 15:58:
Make the singleplayer longer than 4 hours next time... and also not suck.
People play these kind of games for singleplayer? Really? Isn't that not the usual "Michael Bay script parade for people, who dont like to play, but also dont want to watch TV, so the devs make this kind of interactive sequence, where you only simulate actual shooter gameplay, but dont require the player to actually play"?

I LOVE these scripted SP campaigns. A shooter for people who just want to shoot at everything without the need for actually hitting something. Makes me giggle everytime i "play" this

News Comments > Console Diablo III Confirmed?
22. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed?Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 12:57 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 12:28:
Then replace exclusive with all your keywords. Indies is where PC devs treat PC games well, unfortunately, something that's becoming far too rare on the mainstream gaming scene.
That's true

News Comments > Console Diablo III Confirmed?
15. Re: Console Diablo III Confirmed?Console Diablo III Confirmed? Feb 18, 2011, 11:55 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 11:20:
If you want PC-exclusive awesome games, go indie.
I dont care for this "exclusive" stuff. If a 360 owner wants to have fun with Diablo 3 on his console, then he should have fun.

I only want a proper PC game, not some lazy, crappy port, not this bullshit the majors churned out in the last 5 years.

News Comments > RAGE Trailer
21. Re: RAGE Trailer Feb 18, 2011, 10:40 Kajetan

Dmitri_M wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 10:28:
Unlike Doom 3 which was truly just one corridor after another with no memorable moments between.
One. The one memorable moment, when the imp was introduced. That was creepy and satisfying and atmospheric. The rest of the game was one boring monster spawn after another. At some point (i think Hell), i simply god-moded and finished the game in one take just to get it finally done. The addon however was a much, much better game in terms of more interesting combat situations, it had actually a "flow". Not quite easy, but not unfair like the main game.

News Comments > NPD: 5% Industry Decline
20. Re: NPD: 5% Industry Decline Feb 18, 2011, 04:34 Kajetan

Luther wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 03:51:
Besides, those platforms are so locked down that developing for them is too much of an unattractive/expensive prospect.
There was an interview with some guys from Relic some time ago. They had been asked, why Relic is still making games exclusiv for the PC, while all other stduios left the plattform, making console games. They answered, that they welcome every studio switching to console games, leaving the PC market for them AND that Relic can produce games for less money because of the higher costs of console developement, so that they dont have to rely on preferably high sales from the console plattforms. They did just fine. And looking at all those console studios, EA, Activision and other publishers closed, because game sales were too low for the costs of producing them ...

Be small, be effective, be in control. Dont sell out unless you will make THAT MUCH money by selling out, that you dont have to work anymore

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
15. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Feb 18, 2011, 03:36 Kajetan

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 21:52:
The first 40 levels were painful, only slightly more painful was the exp gap from 40-49 unless you knew where to go.
Uhh, i remember that. Painful cries in the chat from people, who had only red quests left, seemingly trapped forever in low level hell. But it was a multiplayer game. So people helped. With quests or pointing out to suitable zones. Right now, WoW is more and more a single player RPG in a constant online world. Not necessarily bad, but very different from vanilla days.

News Comments > NPD: 5% Industry Decline
13. Re: NPD: 5% Industry Decline Feb 18, 2011, 01:59 Kajetan

|RaptoR| wrote on Feb 18, 2011, 01:35:
wow. that's pretty dismal, even if they are skewed numbers. no wonder devs flock to consoles
NPDs data does NOT include digital sales or MMO revenue, NPD data is coming only from traditional retail.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Hotfixes
7. Re: World of Warcraft Hotfixes Feb 17, 2011, 15:16 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Feb 17, 2011, 15:00:
Just out of curiosity, if you were to install your original WoW CD now ...
Sometimes, i wish i simply could play WoW 1.0. Just to feel the pain of WALKING through Azeroth until Level 40 again

News Comments > EA Departures
5. Re: EA Departures Feb 16, 2011, 16:37 Kajetan

w34sl3 wrote on Feb 16, 2011, 12:21:
This story sounds like the same regurgitated speach we hear from EA every so many years. "Oh we really dropped the ball, but we are going to do much better now." Yeah ok, if that was really the case then they wouldn't have a continual track record of the same failing practices.
Yes, they sound like Peter Molyneux: "Uuh, my last game was sooo bad, but this one will be good! Really, i mean it this time!".

1890 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo