Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 BFE "Keeping it Real"
14. Re: Serious Sam 3 BFE Jun 28, 2011, 06:18 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 02:33:
Smaller levels? Checkpoints instead of quicksave?
At least these two

And the movement felt clunky and slowish. Especially this led many people to the conclusion that SS2 was made for consoles in mind.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 26, 2011, 16:55 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2011, 15:46:
What kind of DRM does it have?
3rd-party DRM: SecuROMô
5 machine activation limit

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 21, 2011, 01:25 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2011, 19:24:
I can hardly wait till see the first of the Lulzsec jackasses arrested, prosecuted and shipped off to pound-me-in-the-ass-prison to be used as a playdoll for the next 10-20 years. It'll put an end to this stupidity PDQ.
Why do you want that? Because they annoy you? Thats a major offense, is it? There was no damage, no one was hurt. Why the hate?

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jun 19, 2011, 14:45 Kajetan

Pumas wrote on Jun 18, 2011, 21:56:
Alice is also on Steam now as well. Didn't think that was going to be the case, but just picked it up ...
Does the Steam version require an additional registration for Origin? Or just the usual Steam DRM?

News Comments > 2K on DNF PR
4. Re: 2K on DNF PR Jun 15, 2011, 15:18 Kajetan

Hehe, what an amateur Lesson learned i hope ... if not, meh. There too many incompetent marketing guys around.  

News Comments > DNF Review Dust Up
44. Re: DNF Review Dust Up Jun 15, 2011, 12:46 Kajetan

Dr Rico wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 12:36:
How would you have designed DNF from a blue-sky anything goes perspective?
As said a thousand times before:

1. No two weapon limit. Gimme the whole arsenal at my disposal. Like in DN3D.
2. No auto-heal. This is Duke Nukem, so give him health items and armor. Like in DN3D.
3. Make the save game system optional. Choose to use free saving or rely on save points. The new Deux Ex 3 FINALLY did it. Its not THAT hard, you know
4. Just recreate the classical Duke Nukem game play. Drop all this modern shooter features. If i want to play that kind of game, i already have DOZENS of shooters to choose from.

Its simple. If you want to make a Duke Nukem game, make a DUKE NUKEM game and not some generic console shooter crap.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned?
66. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 05:32 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 05:10:
EA has now declared war on Valve over digital services and it should be interesting to see who bows first. My money is on EA.
EA doesn't want to compete with Steam. EA just wants to promote its own plattform for its own games. EA has no interest in selling indie games or games from other competitors. This is no "war". It's only a question of "Can EA make Origin profitable enough or not". If yes, EA may keep thier games to themselves or they license older games at some point to other plattforms including Steam. If not, EA will once again fully support Steam. No biggie, and really, no f... war.

49. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 03:38 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 03:30:
An upside-down g is a 6. No?
The number 6 is an upside-down letter G. Now what? Is The Number of The Beast just an internet joke expression? Is the devil just a joke? *ggg*

48. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising Jun 15, 2011, 03:35 Kajetan

Darth Guybrush wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 02:03:
And at the rate game developer sites are being hacked of late do we really need another target to worry about?
If the IT security behind this is well funded and well administered, let them hackers hack. I worked for a big german internet site, which was under constant attack on a daily basis. Never one hack was ever successful, only two DoS attacks required a lot of work to counter and dissipate, resulting in a few hours of low performance each.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns
15. Re: Ships Ahoy - Alice: Madness Returns Jun 15, 2011, 01:10 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 23:33:
Unless Origin offers lower prices and DRM-free games, I have no reason to use it over Steam. EA should be trying to gain customers by offering a better service, not by making their games exclusive to their service.
Yes. They should. I would welcome that. But EA won't do it, because they don't have to. Enough people will accept Origin (my toe nails are still curling when i type this name) as it is, because they SO want to play this game XYZ. Gamers are mostly sad and pathetic addicts.

11. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 00:42 Kajetan

Hyatus wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 00:33:
The difference between then and now is that Valve created a new market for this sort of deal and does a damned good job with it.
That's what we can say years later. But then people bitched and whined and MOST OF THEM installed Steam to play Counterstrike and HL2. And then, they get used to it. And now they can't think of a life without Steam.

EA is bringing nothing to the table ...
EA doesn't have to. They bring TOR and probably BF3 and ME3 and every other potential hit to Origin. That's all they have to do. Enough people will follow. And get used to it.

No, you do not have to follow. But enough people will as they followed Steam, as they accepted online DRM and account locked content and other annoyances just to play a popular game. Many gamers are addicted to games. They will do anything.

5. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis, Origin Exclusivity Planned? Jun 15, 2011, 00:20 Kajetan

tony wrote on Jun 15, 2011, 00:15:
If EA decides to stop selling games on Steam and not release future titles on Steam they won't get anymore money from me. It's that simple.
May be, but will there be others to follow you? Some, but not enough to change EAs mind. Gamers are known for doing EVERYTHING to play a popular game.

Remember a few years ago? When Valve decided that Counterstrike will be a Steam exclusive? And that Half-Life 2 will be a Steam exclusive? When many people are bitching about this weird Steam thing? Now they are bitching about a game NOT being available on Steam.

People, especially gamers adapt. Very quick.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Duke Nukem Forever Jun 14, 2011, 13:42 Kajetan

killer_roach wrote on Jun 14, 2011, 13:33:
Here's to hoping Gearbox actually does a proper Duke game after this.
Yes, please without Auto-Heal, removing of the two weapons limit, optional save-points or free save system and not every weapon available scattered around the level, instead slowly build up the tension, let us EARN more powerful weapons. Just make Duke Nukem (!) game, goddammit, and not just a Duke Nukem mod for Halo or Call of Duty. I've got me plenty of this kind of shooter. Give us some classic, oldschool gameplay.

If not, well, then not. I can easily live without this

News Comments > It Came from E3 2011, Part 10
2. Re: Innovations had gamers walking on a cloud at E3 Jun 13, 2011, 12:12 Kajetan

Hyatus wrote on Jun 13, 2011, 11:55:
Realizations had them falling through.
Reality/Gravity is a bitch!

News Comments > Epic Hacked
9. Re: Epic Hacked Jun 11, 2011, 15:01 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 14:43:
Anonymous (or whoever): Please either DIAF or proceed to go to prison and live a horrendous rest of your life. You deserve it.
Why prison? RAPE THEM! AND THEIR GRANDMOTHERS!! AND THEIR FAMILIES!!! Then kill them, and their grandmothers and families. That'll teach them!

News Comments > Quote of the Day
8. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 11, 2011, 08:03 Kajetan

Esoteric wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 04:18:
I understand why a lot of you don't want it now, but eventually it will be the norm.
Or eventually not. Nobody knows what will happen in 20, 50 or 100 years. And looking back at old predictions of our present, boy, we all will be so wrong about nearly everything

News Comments > RAGE Delayed
4. Re: RAGE Delayed Jun 11, 2011, 03:21 Kajetan

Grokk wrote on Jun 11, 2011, 03:14:
Wonder if it's going to be 3 weeks worth of more awesome?
With less button pressing?

News Comments > Codemasters Hacked
28. Re: Codemasters Hacked Jun 11, 2011, 01:57 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 20:23:
And I don't think it's white hats either since they wouldn't put out the DBs in the open, there's something else going on here.
The usual criminals just learned that gaming companies are easy, VERY EASY targets.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
3. Re: Quote of the Day Jun 11, 2011, 01:54 Kajetan

Its not TEH FUTURE, Cervat. Thats just the usual marketing speak. It may be part of the future, an additional way to play games, to sell games, yes. But not a complete or even major replacement. Heck, i heard this "This is the future" talk so often (every new console cycle, 10 years ago when MMOs where teh new shit, now with all this Social Gaming bullcrap), i stopped listening ...  

News Comments > Codemasters Hacked
22. Re: Codemasters Hacked Jun 10, 2011, 17:39 Kajetan

Talisorn wrote on Jun 10, 2011, 16:38:
Seriously though, this is getting out of hand.
No. Thats just standard hacking attacks, which take place all the time. Now this time media covers it in detail. Which is a good thing, because thats the only way to force companies to do something about IT security.

The hackers need to be found and have the book thrown at them so hard, the promise of phat ca$h lewts will not be so appealing.
Yeah, bring the hammer down. Because that'll teach them for good! *yawn*
If there is a lot of cash to gain, there will ALWAYS be someone to take the risk, regardless how high it is.

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 47.
< Newer [ 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo