Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1935 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Preloads & DRM, New GOG.com Publishers [Updated]
28. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads & DRM, New GOG.com Publishers Coming Apr 14, 2011, 19:42 Kajetan

Ray Marden wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 19:29:
Honestly, GoG still irritates me a bit - ...

I am going to be buying TW2, ut this whole "We won't have DRM, but we'll absolutley ensure every other version has it" rubs me the wrong way as well. If you're anti-DRM, be anti-DRM.
They are anti-DRM. The GOG.com version has no DRM. Only Steam and other retail versions have DRM because CD Project has no control over Valve and the publishers for the retail versions. They sold distributions rights to them and now these distributors can decide in what way they will distribute the game.

No rocket science here ...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads & DRM, New GOG.com Publishers Coming Apr 14, 2011, 19:36 Kajetan

Sepharo wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 19:25:
One of the great championers of PC gaming play a dumb joke and some people get all, "NEVAR BUYING FROM GoG AGAIN!"
Perhaps they simply do and have no interest in further talking about it?

25. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads & DRM, New GOG.com Publishers Coming Apr 14, 2011, 19:34 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 19:19:
Good point, although everytime there's an update one would have to find someone/someplace with the updated GoG version and get the file again
If a game is popular enough, there will be an updated crack available only hours, seldom longer than a few days after a patch release.

20. Re: The Witcher 2 Preloads & DRM, New GOG.com Publishers Coming Apr 14, 2011, 18:44 Kajetan

Elim wrote on Apr 14, 2011, 17:00:
Yup, everyone who buys this not from GoG is..well, not smart.
Some may want to buy the Special Collectors Edition with tons of, erm, extremly usefull stuff. Only available at retail. And the DRM can be removed, if you simple replace the dongled files with the files from the GOG.com version, so you dont have deal with Securom at all.

News Comments > Garry's Mod vs Pirates
39. Re: Garry's Mod vs Pirates Apr 14, 2011, 04:22 Kajetan

Kosumo wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 20:38:
Funny, cos it's people who are using software for free when there is a fee required that are destructive to the industry.
How is this destructive? Have you any proof, that software piracy is damaging revenue and profits? Have you any examples of software companies going bacrupt because of piracy?

Too many people still WANT to see a problem in piracy without having a proof that piracy IS a problem. Every fuckin game, movie, music album or whatever digital media out there is pirated from day one in millions and millions and millions of copies and Hollywood made last year a new revenue record, video game companies like ActiBlizz make big cash with popular franchises, smaller video game companies or indies make a good living ... where is the problem? Why do people still buy MORE stuff every year, when they just can download this content or ask a friend to bring over his external USB hard drive for a copy session.

Where is the problem with piracy? Show me. Please.

But, hey, I don't use my brain and I just go on morals - whatever.
Yes, you don't. You just repeat some urban legend because its convinient.

25. Re: Garry's Mod vs Pirates Apr 13, 2011, 17:41 Kajetan

Kosumo wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 17:29:
No one deserves to be hassled like that, nor should anyone have to put up with that crap.

I think pirates who steal the creator's work without paying, full deserves to have this crap thrown at them.

Do you pirate software Darks?
Would you kindly stop this moral, destructive, non-solution bullcrap and start using your brain?

4. Re: Garry's Mod vs Pirates Apr 13, 2011, 14:45 Kajetan

FreezeStrike wrote on Apr 13, 2011, 14:31:
Worked on a game; we put in several subtly broken feature that we knew pirates would miss when they generated cracked copies of the game.
What does a dev gain from this besides some nerdy superiority chuckles? Does it make more revenue? Or does it piss off legit customers, when these triggers were not programmed well enough and were triggered even with legit copies? I experienced this with my legal copy of "Darkstar One" and got banned from the devs forum UNTIL i sent them a picture of the bill. Its save to say, that this was the last game i bought from them, ever. Was very happy, when they went bancrupt a few years ago.

News Comments > GOG.com: DRM Causes Piracy
22. Re: GOG.com: DRM Causes Piracy Apr 12, 2011, 11:54 Kajetan

Tavil wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 10:45:
I dont get the hate for Steam from people nowadays.
I don't "hate" Steam. Would i buy games through Steam, if i hate this platform? I think it's convenient, easy to use. I like Steam as a distribution platform. But i do not like it's DRM.

I just want to make sure, that i can play the games i paid for without the need for having Valve or any other company around. I just want to be in control, nothing more, nothing less.

News Comments > GOG.com: DRM Causes Piracy
2. Re: GOG.com: DRM Causes Piracy Apr 12, 2011, 10:42 Kajetan

nin wrote on Apr 12, 2011, 10:35:
DRM is generally the first thing I check before a purchase. And if it's not something I like, I find something else to play...
First thing i check before buying something from Steam: Are there cracks and patches to free my game from Steam? If yes, i buy. If no, i wait until i find a crack.

News Comments > Get Your Name in BioShock Infinite
5. Re: Get Your Name in BioShock Infinite Apr 11, 2011, 05:52 Kajetan

Zoom wrote on Apr 11, 2011, 05:14:
This name used to mean "awesome". Now it means "subpar crap aimed at mass market".
Erm ... wasn't the brand "Bioshock" from the start nothing more than a "subpar crap aimed at mass market"?

Bioshock's novelty was mostly based on the Art Deco design, which is rarely used in video games. The gameplay itself was nothing special and already a dumbed down version of former System Shock games. Yes, it was entertaining, but so is a "Transformers" movie, when you dont expect much.

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming
17. Re: Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming Apr 9, 2011, 08:11 Kajetan

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 07:56:
... mimimi ...
Whining about people whining about something is getting soooo old. Which does make me probably several thousand years old

News Comments > Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming
15. Re: Crysis 2 DX11 Patch Coming Apr 9, 2011, 06:19 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 9, 2011, 06:06:
I honestly can't think of a singleplayer FPS campaign I have enjoyed more than Crysis 2's in the last several years.
Which says A LOT about the piss poor SP campaign quality of most shooters from the last few years. I play HL1 through Episode 2 on a regular basis and even in the 10th playthrough this so much more fun than anything others churned out lately.

This comment was edited on Apr 9, 2011, 06:24.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Apr 6, 2011, 12:12 Kajetan

Hyatus wrote on Apr 6, 2011, 12:06:
Gamestop primarily sells games and Blockbuster primarily rented movies. These are two entirely different business models.
True, but Gamestop aquisition of Impulse shows that Gamestop sees the risks of Retail, when digital delivery is growing so strong. And even if Retail stays an important sales channel, there is no harm in making additional money with downloads on the PC and possibly in the future with consoles.

News Comments > West, Zampella Accuse Activision of Fraud
8. Re: West, Zampella Accuse Activision of Fraud Apr 2, 2011, 14:36 Kajetan

Tom wrote on Apr 2, 2011, 14:01:
Kajetan wrote on Apr 2, 2011, 13:01:
Tom wrote on Apr 2, 2011, 12:59:
How dumb are these guys?
Yes, why haven't they asked you?

And if they had asked you? What would your response have been?
Oh, easy: Ask someone else, because i know nothing about signing deals with major publishers.

News Comments > West, Zampella Accuse Activision of Fraud
4. Re: West, Zampella Accuse Activision of Fraud Apr 2, 2011, 13:01 Kajetan

Tom wrote on Apr 2, 2011, 12:59:
How dumb are these guys?
Yes, why haven't they asked you?

News Comments > Z Revival
12. Re: Z Revival Apr 1, 2011, 14:54 Kajetan

Hyatus wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 14:37:
I remember playing Z: Steel Soldiers and enjoying it.
I didnt "get" it. Even when playing against the lowest AI setting in the very first mission ... hopeless. Everything happened so fast at once, i just sat there without the chance to learn anything, until i finally deleted the game from the harddrive and sold it.

Well, back to good old TBS

7. Re: Z Revival Apr 1, 2011, 11:51 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 11:36:
http://www.worldofspectrum.org/infoseekid.cgi?id=0005838
I feel educated. Didnt know this one.

3. Re: Z Revival Apr 1, 2011, 11:25 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Apr 1, 2011, 11:19:
Oh man, remember playing this one on my C64.
I suppose you meant another game from them
Z was released 1996 on PC, PSX and Saturn.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live
7. Re: Crysis 2 Anti-Cheat Measures Live Mar 31, 2011, 15:47 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on Mar 31, 2011, 15:37:
Assuming you get the MP side of the game work...it's not that entertaining in my opinion. The whole system feels like someone designed it on paper then the team completed it along the journey to shipping...and then they shipped it. The MP side feels like it's never had any time spent on polishing/balancing it.
This is the usual Crytek philosophy. Crytek does rendering tech and nothing more. Crytek has no interest in designing a good gameplay.

Since Far Cry, the SP was somewhat ok and the MP quickly abandoned, lacking attractive gameplay AND proper support.

News Comments > Ultima IV Remake Speculation
21. Re: Ultima IV Remake Speculation Mar 30, 2011, 08:35 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Mar 30, 2011, 08:21:
Am I the only one who liked Ultima VIII?
Before or after the patch, which fixed the horrible plattform jumping?

Before that patch, the game was nearly unplayable for most people, who expected a RPG and not some crude Super Mario with broken jumping mechanics. After this patch, it was a great Ultima game with a morbid and fascinating atmosphere.

1935 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo