Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1890 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
23. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2011, 14:31 Kajetan

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 13:58:
Which there is...DAO made an obscene amount of money. EA/Bioware is just run by marketing wonks and bean counters and want to (forgive me) leverage their current market position by appealing to a wider audience.
Yup. The success of DAO wasnt enough for EA, they just want MOAHHH!! So Bioware has to make every game for people who just want to blow things up with the least amount of "work" involved. Like they say: "Every time you press a button, something awesome has to happen!".

This is not a game anymore, this is a game simulator where you think you play something, instead you will be played by the game. This is a game for people, who dont want to watch TV, but are too lazy to play.

Which, by the way, is a-ok. If EA wants to squeeze out every dime this franchise could offer in a short time period, than thats the way to go. And if people want something like that, after a hard days work just something to relax for an hour, thats fine. But ... dont get upset, when i call a stupid game a stupid game. Because thats what it is: STUPID!

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2011, 14:43.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2011, 11:59 Kajetan

Nomaar wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 11:32:
OMG, it's being ported to a console so it must suck! You wake up: Just because a game is being ported to console does not mean it's been dumbed down. If the port was in the other direction, then I'd be worried.
I would advise you to watch some actual gameplay footage. This is your typical multiplattformer, fit for gameplay with a controller. The combat system from TW1 had to go and was replaced with "simpler" stuff.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2011, 11:13 Kajetan

Nomaar wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 11:07:
and I haven't seen anything that makes me believe The Witcher 2 will be anything less.
Wake up. TW2 is made for consoles with a heavily simplified combat system. CD Project has become greedy. The success with TW1 was seemingly not enough.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Mar 7, 2011, 10:47 Kajetan

Bioware does no longer care for people, who want to play a distinctive RPG, where you have to think for yourself, because your choices make a difference.

Since Mass Effect, Bioware tries to make RPGs for people, who do not want to play RPGs. Bioware is targeting the CoD and Halo crowd, because EA wants to make money with this peer group, because right now it is the most profitable peer group. Goodbye, Bioware. I had a fine time with your old classics, but now its time to part and move on.

News Comments > Good Old Games Interview
12. Re: Good Old Games Interview Mar 7, 2011, 07:27 Kajetan

Pippiwolf wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 05:53:
I just hope they keep their no-DRM attitude. Can imagine that is one of the biggest reasons why it's so difficult to secure new publishers.
Yepp. Paranoia, especially unfounded paranoia is harder to come by as one might think.

News Comments > RIFT Interview
12. Re: RIFT Interview Mar 7, 2011, 07:26 Kajetan

Grounded wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 06:02:
Ah I love the WoW fanboys that still cling to their cartoony romper room game for 7 year olds. You enjoy that!
You sure you know what you are talking about?

News Comments > Technology of Dragon Age II
48. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 7, 2011, 03:38 Kajetan

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Mar 7, 2011, 00:51:
I wonder if any other developer will step up and create the next worthy Baldur's Gate successor.
"Age of Decadence" seems to be promising. Multiple ways to solve a quest, choices and (!) consequences.

http://www.irontowerstudio.com/index.htm

32. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 6, 2011, 07:45 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 6, 2011, 05:05:
My point was that your post ...
Not mine

As a multiplatform game it is very good on the PC though with a custom UI, control scheme, auto-attack and other tweaks plus high-res textures and DX11 effects. Frankly it's still a better PC version than 95% of other developers would do now-a-days.
Sorry, but that is all but sugarcoating. Only because Biowares PC versions are slightly better than the ordinary multiplattform PC version doesnt it make somewhat ok. Its still a lazy port, where i have to download additional data, spend time and bandwidth and therefore money for something which should be ON the disc from the start, because highres textures were advertised as in "comes with the game" and not "you may download them later".

Do you really think this is ok?

29. Re: Technology of Dragon Age II Mar 6, 2011, 04:53 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Mar 6, 2011, 04:21:
They never stated they didn't care about the PC platform...
They didnt have to. Their descisions are speaking for themselves.

What they said was that they didn't want to do roof art.
Maximizing the revenue, concentrating all ressources on the more important console versions. EA clearly seems to go into panic mode, since their business reports still indicate heavy losses.

News Comments > Steam Guard Beta
4. Re: Steam Guard Beta Mar 5, 2011, 22:31 Kajetan

KilrathiAce wrote on Mar 5, 2011, 21:59:
Better question is WHY DONT THEY ALLOW US TO HAVE SECONDARY EMAIL tied to the account so that if something happens to our primary email there is easy way to recover account.... duh its no brainer.
Because they want to implement hardware DRM?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP Weekend
10. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Double XP Weekend Mar 5, 2011, 08:27 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Mar 5, 2011, 07:19:
Unlockables that affect balance simply have no place in competitive multiplayer games,
If you talking about e-sports games, i agree. But ...

... even casual ones like CoD.
Why not? If people want this kind of gameplay feature, then let them. CoD is a casual shooter, not some e-sports game like Quake or UT.

News Comments > Gold - Homefront
20. Re: Gold - Homefront Mar 4, 2011, 12:44 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 12:38:
Sooner or later our symbiotic relationship (they produce it and we buy it) is going to come to an end, and as the number one holder of US debt it's just a mater of time before they send a collections agency after old Uncle Sam.
Why should they? Who will buy all their industrial production?

News Comments > Gold - Homefront
3. Re: Gold - Homefront Mar 4, 2011, 10:43 Kajetan

MajorD wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 10:19:
Congrats! This is one of numerous titles I am looking forward to this year.
Yay, more CoD-Railshooting ... ah, what the hell, whatever floats your boat!

News Comments > Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You
29. Re: Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You Mar 4, 2011, 09:04 Kajetan

Wraith wrote on Mar 4, 2011, 08:20:
You can tell he's edited his own Wikipedia pages because it gives him credit for games he never even touched. Like Half-Life.
And you know that Romero edited this page, because ...?

News Comments > Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You
24. Re: Hardcore: Romero's Not Done With You Mar 4, 2011, 03:27 Kajetan

Sepharo wrote on Mar 3, 2011, 23:52:
Are you under the impression that people hate Romero because of that line?
Then, why do they "hate" him?

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: etc. Mar 2, 2011, 14:59 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 14:00:
... but how Blizzard is disregarding the screaming community when it comes to the way they are 'balancing' the classes.
There is no coherent community. There are two main factions. The ones, who want more PvP consolidation and the ones who want more class distinctiveness for PvE or RP.

News Comments > Quote of the Day
7. Re: Quote of the Day Mar 2, 2011, 12:35 Kajetan

Luther wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 12:04:
Entertainment industries should follow a couple of simple rules if they want to be profitable:

Make something at least some people want to buy
Make it easy for people to pay you money

Anything that gets in the way of point 2 should be removed. If the people haven't got any money (e.g. kids with no credit card, no pay pal) then they're not customers anyway.

I think that some companies get so upset about the idea of people stealing from them that they forget to just shut up and take our money.
True. Most people bitching about software piracy do this for moral reasons, not for hard evidence that piracy is actually hurting sales. Everyone can do morality, but no one can proove that this is harmful.

News Comments > Unreal Engine 3 Adding DirectX 11 Support
21. Re: Unreal Engine 3 Adding DirectX 11 Support Mar 2, 2011, 05:57 Kajetan

Rilcon wrote on Mar 2, 2011, 04:52:
I like how people blame UE3 for a lot of things that the developer using the engine has total control over. It's like blaming steel for my car being an ugly shade of yellow.
Maybe. But are there so many devs out there, who dont know how to use this engine without said problems?

I myself turn off most shaders in UE3 games, because i can't stand all this overbright highlights and forced focus depth. Features, which i have no problem with in games, which use other rendering engines.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption
18. Re: Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption Feb 27, 2011, 15:55 Kajetan

MuzixMon wrote on Feb 27, 2011, 14:28:
Who cares who made the maps and why?
Because they suck? And boy, they DO suck! This game reminds of my first Doom maps made with an editor. Just a few rooms filles with lots of enemies. No concept, no design, no thought put in. This game is not worth anything at all, not even for free. I want my money back, because for five bucks i could have had a sixpack and chips

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Painkiller - Redemption Feb 27, 2011, 04:57 Kajetan

MuzixMon wrote on Feb 26, 2011, 15:51:
If you were a fan of the original painkiller, pick this up for 5 bucks.
No, please dont!

I am a great fan of Painkiller and its addon. I found Overdose not that good, but enough entertaining. But Ressurection was bad and this rippoff just to make a few bucks for a dying publisher ...
I picked this up. It's terrible. It's stupid. It's boring. It's not fun. It's a waste of five good bucks. Avoid!

1890 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 46.
< Newer [ 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo