Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1923 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III Interviews
25. Re: Diablo III Interviews May 14, 2011, 13:55 Kajetan

Yifes wrote on May 14, 2011, 12:30:
So yeah, D3 is 3D now. You can keep on whining and bitching about it, or get over it. I can't help but imagine the ppl bitching about D3 not being dark enough as bunch of angsty goths who shop at hot topic and still live in their mother's basements. "ZOMG THERE AREN"T ENOUGH PENTAGRAMS SO ITS NOT SUPER COOL ANYMORE!!!!!!!" Rolleyes
It must be difficult for you to accept other peoples opinions without insulting them. Have you considered counseling? ;-P

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Capcom on PC Gaming
8. Re: Capcom on PC Gaming May 12, 2011, 06:35 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on May 12, 2011, 02:55:
It's good to see that an increasing number of publishers are putting more effort into their PC divisions.
They have to. The current console generation has reached its peak and is declining saleswise. Until the new generation comes out, the PC has to cover for these "losses". And when the new console generation is in the stores, the PC will be once again called a dead plattform. Rinse, repeat.

News Comments > WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10
23. Re: WoW Subscriptions Down 5% Since 10/10 May 10, 2011, 08:33 Kajetan

NKD wrote on May 10, 2011, 06:58:
Ultimately it was only a matter of time. No MMO can maintain an upwards subscription rate forever, least of all one with as many subscribers as WoW.
I agree. And even if WoW has finally peaked, it's still THE biggest subscription MMO there is. No other game is being even close in terms of active players and money flow. Blizzards "suffers" on a very, very high level. Heck, the competition would be glad if they had problems like this.

And haters are gonna hate, no matter what

News Comments > Valve Single Player Clarification
39. Re: Valve Single Player Clarification May 9, 2011, 07:23 Kajetan

avianflu wrote on May 9, 2011, 07:11:
The dissonance with achievements is that you earn 90% of them merely by completing the game in a normal manner -- that is not an "achievement." Hilarious to me that they are called achievements.
Yep. Finishing the first mission: ACHIEVEMENT! Hitting an enemy with a standard weapon for the first time: ACHIEVEMENT! Killing 50 enemies during the course of the game: ACHIEVEMENT! Doing something ordinary while playing the game, NOT thinking about achievements at all: ACHIEVEMENT!

Its like achievements made for people, who want achievements without going through the hassle to actually achieve something.

Let's call them "heroic achievements" for extra silliness.
Yeah. Achievements for real gamers, who will grind for a living!

I wish this whole achievement thing is optional, so that everyone can enjoy a game to his or her liking.

News Comments > RAGE Mods Will Be All the Rage
14. Re: RAGE Mods Will Be All the Rage May 6, 2011, 07:45 Kajetan

Shineyguy wrote on May 5, 2011, 22:30:
I seem to remember people crying doom and gloom saying that there wouldn't be any mod tools for this game.
Do you also remember, that ID was unsure about mod tools because of the megapixel technology. Which was the reason for people being concerned about that?

News Comments > Witcher 2 AU Censorship
8. Re: Witcher 2 AU Censorship May 6, 2011, 06:16 Kajetan

So, citizens of Australia still can buy the "original" version from Gog.com? Or do the censor want to block the website for australian providers, forcing their customers to learn about proxy servers and P2P?
Who knows? But all is well in the paranoid head of stupid "child protection" maggots.

News Comments > Station.com Intrusion
31. Re: Station.com Intrusion May 2, 2011, 15:13 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on May 2, 2011, 14:18:
Judging by Sony's response I'd say the thieves had this data long before they took PSN down.
Yupp, this might be the case. And the breach has nothing to do with the
BIOS of the PS3, but was probably executed with established methods like a little bit research about responsible IT employees, some social engineering, maybe a malware injection with a facebook link to click on and voila! ... the door is wide open.

28. Re: Station.com Intrusion May 2, 2011, 15:03 Kajetan

killer_roach wrote on May 2, 2011, 14:55:
I'm more frightened by the people who think this sort of hacker action is justified. Remind me never to work with any of you.
Remind me to explain "improper generalization" to you ...

16. Re: Station.com Intrusion May 2, 2011, 14:05 Kajetan

JoeNapalm wrote on May 2, 2011, 13:57:
ID Thieves good enough to pull this off would be smart enough to do it quietly.
They did. And Sony gave them PLENTY of time (a whole effin week) to use all credit card information they got, until the public was informed about the security breach and what info was leaked. A whole week and Sony had to rely on external IT companies to research the incident.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
8. Re: Evening Consolidation Apr 28, 2011, 02:31 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Apr 28, 2011, 01:58:
Glad to hear it confirmed as I thought, Witcher was developed entirely for PC and if they do console at all its going to be a "port" from PC to console.
So the game won't have been consolized.
Quick-time-events when fighting boss monsters, controller friendly and big UI elements, selection wheel, most press previews were played with an controller ... sure, this game was developed entirely for the PC!

Come on, after following the developement of TW2 it soon was obvious that this was going to be a multiplattform title.

News Comments > WoW Patched
7. Re: WoW Patched Apr 27, 2011, 07:26 Kajetan

Grokk wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 22:36:
I like the downloader now with 'Setup', 'Core files' and then 'More to download but you can play the game while it loads in the background' option.
Yes, that quite convenient. But the new streaming client "streams" game data already on harddrive very slowly. When i login to a character, i have to wait up to nearly a minute, until all gameworld content is loaded. First i see a very primitive mesh version of the world, then comes the UI in pieces, and then slowly the rest of the more detailed textures.

The old client had nearly zero loading time on the same hardware and OS.

News Comments > CoD: Black Ops Escalation Voice Cast
5. Re: CoD: Black Ops Escalation Voice Cast Apr 26, 2011, 18:43 Kajetan

ExitWound wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 16:37:
I wish they'd put their money into something of value, like good script writers, or possibly QUALITY ASSURANCE TESTERS.
Once again, if a game is shipped with bugs, its NOT the fault of QA or lacking QA. The publisher ships the game knowingly with bugs, because fixing them would cost too much or would harm distribution deals with a set release dates.

News Comments > EA COO Leaves for Zynga
3. Re: EA COO Leaves for Zynga Apr 26, 2011, 18:20 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 14:52:
Zynga probably makes a lot more money than EA already, doesn't it? Last I checked EA lost money every quarter.
They are not making more money than EA. They are only the darling of the stock market, because "social gaming" is teh new shit for solvent investors. Until another bubble bursts and the money flows elsewhere. Like ten years ago, little companies who made(or want to make) MMOs were blown up with venture capital, until they went bancrupt a few years later.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Darkspore
5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Darkspore Apr 26, 2011, 12:59 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Apr 26, 2011, 12:07:
And BTW, no offline play, you have to be connected all the time to the net, since the game stores items and xp and data server-side.
This is one the games people will soon forget, because nobody can play this game offline, when EA shuts down the servers in two or three years. Cloud gaming, The Dark Ages of The Video Game History!

There is a reason, why these kind of games never become classics, even if the gameplay itself might be good enough. Companies are not interested in cultural and/or social advances, only in short term profit. And with the need to be online all the time, companies are shutting down older games, so that the masses will move on and buy new games.

News Comments > Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway
40. Re: Age of Empires Online Beta Key Giveaway Apr 26, 2011, 12:01 Kajetan

I am NOT interested, thank you  

News Comments > Portal 2 Countdown?
23. Re: Portal 2 Countdown? Apr 23, 2011, 04:54 Kajetan

Wraith wrote on Apr 23, 2011, 02:58:
Next time Valve, try ponying up something worth the time investment. Getting kiddies living in basements to invest dozens of hours of their meaningless lives into your ludicrous ARG isn't an accomplishment, it's just a cynical abuse of the chronically stupid.
Why? Easy prey and full wallets ...

News Comments > Fable III on Steam
4. Re: Fable III on Steam Apr 21, 2011, 13:10 Kajetan

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 13:06:
Peter, please make Black & White 3, thank you.
Peter, please make NO MORE games at all. We all appreciate your groundbreaking work in tha past, but its over now. Stop it.

News Comments > DoW II: Retribution The Last Standalone, and Relic ♥s Steam
7. Re: DoW II: Retribution The Last Standalone, and Relic &#9829;s Steam Apr 21, 2011, 09:37 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 09:28:
And Microsoft is never going to put forth the kind of effort needed to really compete with Valve in the PC arena.
Which is not a good thing, because only a solid competition will prevent Valve from becoming a pain in the ass. Which will most likely happen, because too much success does that to people and companies. The unnecessary consolification of Portal 2 is one of the first signs.

News Comments > The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom DLC and Patch
3. Re: The Settlers 7: Paths to a Kingdom DLC and Patch Apr 21, 2011, 04:22 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Apr 21, 2011, 00:40:
I don't get why it's still enabled on this title ...
Perhaps because the game and its DLC still sells good enough. When sales drop low enough, they probably might remove the DRM to get all those people, who want the game but not the DRM.

News Comments > Former EA Tiburon Exec Forms New Studio
2. Re: Former EA Tiburon Exec Forms New Studio Apr 19, 2011, 12:43 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Apr 19, 2011, 11:09:
So basically they'll kick you in the nuts when you buy their games.
Who doesn't?

1923 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 44.
< Newer [ 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo