Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1962 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

News Comments > Warface Coming West Next Year
5. Re: Warface Coming West Next Year Aug 17, 2011, 07:56 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Aug 17, 2011, 04:59:
... oh and fuck Yerli!
I couldn't agree more.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > "New and Improved" The Witcher 2 Version 2.0 Plans
16. Re: Aug 16, 2011, 02:13 Kajetan

Flatline wrote on Aug 16, 2011, 00:00:
Oh christ... If CDP included blowjobs from world class supermodels some people would find something to bitch about.
Go back to school, learn to understand the difference between what people actually write and what you think how the world should be.

News Comments > EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform"
3. Re: EA: PC "Extremely Healthy" and Could Become "Our Biggest Platform" Aug 13, 2011, 15:20 Kajetan

Just wait until the next console generation comes out ... i hate these corporate sleazeballs, i hate this constant marketing spin, i hate the majors.  

News Comments > No Always On DRM for TrackMania 2
9. Re: No Always On DRM for TrackMania 2 Aug 13, 2011, 06:33 Kajetan

MajorD wrote on Aug 13, 2011, 00:58:
Maybe, and I say 'maybe' Ubisoft is one of the first companies to listen to their customers realizing they need us more than we need them.
No. Absolutely, definitely NO. Ubisoft uses ist Always-On-DRM on games, which are potential top revenue games like the AC series. They do that to ensure their investors, that they protect their most valuable assets. Games with a lower revenue potential are getting a less annoying or even no DRM at all. Ubisoft DOES NOT LISTEN to its customers. As a publicly owned company Ubisoft only listens to its investors and nobody else.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 12, 2011, 11:29 Kajetan

Mist wrote on Aug 12, 2011, 11:14:
People won't be able to 'turn pirate' in this case.
You know the technical specifications of Diablo 3?

News Comments > No Battlefield 3 on Steam
53. Re: No Battlefield 3 on Steam Aug 6, 2011, 17:06 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Aug 6, 2011, 16:55:
Just in from Valve: No Half-Life 3 on Origin.
Just in from Gabe Newell: No HL2 Episode 3 on Steam!

HA!!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Patched
14. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Patched Aug 3, 2011, 05:08 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 04:44:
He said rapid weapon cycling, not just weapon cycling. Sure, a gamepad can use a radial menu to accommodate more than 2 weapons but that's still not as quick as hotkeys.
You CAN switch weapons fast with a controller. But like you said it, the two weapon limits has nothing to do with technical boundaries, only with mimicking the game design of the chart leader.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Patched
9. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Patched Aug 3, 2011, 02:09 Kajetan

mag wrote on Aug 3, 2011, 01:31:
That's just the way games are, these days, for a couple of reasons. Console gamepads can't handle rapid weapon cycling, and the new push toward "realism" means that devs don't feel like they can justify a single man walking around with fifteen guns.
And thats the reason DNF is such a great disappointment. Trying to be every shooter out there instead of being just a Duke Nukem game.

News Comments > Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More
44. Re: Diablo III Will Require Persistent Connection, Feature Cash Auctions, and More Aug 1, 2011, 12:41 Kajetan

Annex wrote on Aug 1, 2011, 11:24:
Like I always say, if you dont like it, play something else. Cmon Torchlight 2!

TORCHLIGHT 2!
TORCHLIGHT 2!
TORCHLIGHT 2!

C'mon, let's summon it

News Comments > New Dune Legacy
9. Re: oh really??? Jul 29, 2011, 10:25 Kajetan

Shataan wrote on Jul 29, 2011, 09:16:
Wasn`t C&C loosely based upon DUNE? And that eventually did become a FPS right? Correct me anyone if I am wrong.
Some of Dune 2 units made it over to C&C like the Harkonnen Advanced Tank (GDI Mammoth) or the Artreides Sonic Amplifier (GDI Sonic Tank). Besides that, there is no connection between Dune 2 and the C&C Universe.

News Comments > From Dust DRM Also Always On?
17. Re: From Dust DRM Also Always On? Jul 28, 2011, 06:54 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jul 28, 2011, 06:01:
Fuck ubisoft and fuck anyone supporting this drm. The sooner ubisoft leaves the pc market the better.
Why should Ubisoft leave the pc market? They still make good money with pc games, because there are enough people out there, who use cracks or just endure the DRM, because they are emotional dependent on games.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
46. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:54 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 14:41:
There's very few pieces of software you actually own. If you paid for it, there's a very good chance that what you actually bought was a license
You know what i meant. Buying a copy on a disc is "owing", spending money on a license, connected to an account, beyond your control ... this NOT owning. It's "renting". Or "licensing" if you like

Anyway, connecting software with DRM to an account has only disadvantages for the customer. There is no benefit in this. When i buy a copy from GOG.com, i "own" that copy because i can do with this copy whatever i want. I can give to friends, i can play it on any computer without hassling with a client and/or internet connection.

Btw. i have about 40 games in my Steam list. It's not that i do not like Steam. But all for less than a few dollars and all with patched game files to make sure i can play my games anytime i want.

News Comments > Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
42. Re: Gone Gold - Deus Ex: Human Revolution Jul 27, 2011, 14:35 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jul 27, 2011, 13:58:
You don't rent games with Steam, you buy games which become account bound.
But i do NOT own my copy. Valve can remove the game from my account or change the game files due to some regional distribution rights thingy anytime they want. Well, unless i de-DRM it Than it's mine.

News Comments > 2K Czech and Bohemia Interactive Vets Form Studio
11. Re: 2K Czech and Bohemia Interactive Vets Form Studio Jul 26, 2011, 13:16 Kajetan

spindoctor wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 09:53:
I don't see any reason to be pleased about this. The DLC strategy wasn't the developer's fault.
Nobody said anything like that. The developer always looses when the publisher makes poor and stupid descisions. There's no way around that besides leaving the company, found a new one and go Indie.

News Comments > On Risen 2 DRM
8. Re: On Risen 2 DRM Jul 26, 2011, 13:11 Kajetan

verrul wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 12:27:
I really dont get why people get so up in arms over the most non-invasive DRM out there.
Because they do not like DRM at all? Besides, there will be a crack less than 24 hours after the release, so that you can make the game you bought youre OWN game for eternity.

News Comments > 2K Czech and Bohemia Interactive Vets Form Studio
7. Re: 2K Czech and Bohemia Interactive Vets Form Studio Jul 26, 2011, 08:55 Kajetan

spindoctor wrote on Jul 26, 2011, 08:09:
... after Mafia 2 bombed in sales.
It did? Good! Not because of the game itself, but because of the horrible DLC strategy which has mutilated the initial release.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Epic on Unreal
8. Re: Quoteworthy - Epic on Unreal Jul 23, 2011, 03:25 Kajetan

Slashman wrote on Jul 23, 2011, 03:18:
Why do people keep asking for this for every old game in existence?
Because they probably want this?

Practically no developer is ever going to simply repackage a game exactly as it was a decade ago and have the only change be that it uses modern graphics. It just won't happen.
Hmmm, LucasArts did the two Monkey Island remakes, Microsoft just announced a Halo remake and i'm sure, with some research, i will come up with other examples.

It's a decade-old game and the game industry just doesn't work like that.
The game industry just DOES work also that way.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Team Meat on Piracy
13. Re: Quoteworthy - Team Meat on Piracy Jul 20, 2011, 12:50 Kajetan

mag wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 12:22:
Probably because piracy of games is tightly correlated to number of sales. The guys that don't make a million dollars don't have their game pirated as often.
Just compare the sales chart with a list of popular, let's say bittorrent swarms ordered by size. Often enough it's nearly identical.

News Comments > Prey 2 Trailer
2. Re: Prey 2 Trailer Jul 20, 2011, 02:01 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jul 20, 2011, 00:40:
Game Developers: stop trying to be directors.
Part of the reason, why so many games suck? Game producers who wanted to be in Hollywood, but got stuck in game developement. Since then we read about "recreating cineastic experiences and awe" instead of "creating immersive and fun gameplay". As Warren Spector said on the last GDC: "If you want to make a movie, make a movie!"

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Free DLC Plans
12. Re: The Witcher 2 Free DLC Plans Jul 18, 2011, 05:56 Kajetan

the_culture wrote on Jul 17, 2011, 19:09:
The Witcher 2 Free DLC Plans

The key word here being FREE! I really need to pick this game up. Maybe I'll go check Steam...
Check out the version from their own platform GOG.com. No DRM, no client required for downloading, installing and playing the game and all the money goes directly to the devs.

1962 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 42.
< Newer [ 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo