Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

News Comments > Capcom on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition PC Issues
11. Re: Capcom on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition PC Issues Jul 8, 2011, 09:56 Kajetan

born2expire wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 09:47:
This should have been painfully obvious the first time ANY tester tired to play the game with a keyboard.
Once again: There are people, who test software for bugs. Then there are people, who fix these bugs. And then there are people, who decide if the second group gets paid to fix certain bugs. QA isn't responsible for bugs not getting fixed, they can only held responsible for not detecting bugs. Small, but important difference.

And we dont know, if this bug was not detected or someone decided that the game has to ship without fixing this bug.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Capcom on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition PC Issues
9. Re: Capcom on Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition PC Issues Jul 8, 2011, 09:25 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jul 8, 2011, 00:30:
Yep, great QA job again.
QA does mostly a very good job. But the QA doesn't decide about the budget for bugfixing.

News Comments > On PC Skyrim
34. Re: On PC Skyrim Jul 7, 2011, 07:28 Kajetan

Hump wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 07:18:
Bethsoft never disappoints.
They do. With every Elder Scrolls game i don't like. Since Arena

30. Re: On PC Skyrim Jul 7, 2011, 05:38 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 04:08:
Video game graphics peaked, there isn't much left to improve.

That's not really true at all. We're far from photorealism. You may not consider photorealism to be a desirable goal but from a technical standpoint, that's the pinnacle.
Sry, i meant from a players and the sales standpoint, not technical.

There isn't much more to gain from "better graphics", people flock to new interface gadgets or 3D (which has nothing to do with "visually better graphics") or they'll just want to have already established gameplay features in an established visual enviroment.

Just look at Crysis. To sell more copies of Crysis 2 than Crysis 1, they'll had to dumb down visual quality for the consoles. And the console sales of Crysis 2 are very good. Graphics are now sufficient enough for most players. "Better Graphics" is no longer a viable sales argument. Still important, but no longer more important than everything else.

27. Re: On PC Skyrim Jul 7, 2011, 04:01 Kajetan

Narf2029 wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 03:41:
At least the game shouldn't be too hard on PC hardware. As long as everyone keeps making multiplatform games while nobody releases a new console system, a PC that can run the game in maximum detail will remain cheap to build.
Yupp. And even the upcoming next console generation will not change this fact. Video game graphics peaked, there isn't much left to improve.

News Comments > Torchlight Sells a Million
6. Re: Torchlight Sell a Million Jul 7, 2011, 03:37 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Jul 7, 2011, 03:23:
They should put out torchlight 2 quickly, so it won't be competing with diablo 3.
They can take their time, since D3 is not coming this year.

News Comments > 2011 Games Industry to Top $74B
27. Re: 2011 Games Industry to Top $74B Jul 6, 2011, 15:52 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jul 6, 2011, 11:11:
There's a reason people feel hurt by piracy even when making money.
Then show us the reason. Show us the proof. Please.

News Comments > Microsoft Considered Crytek Acquisition
4. Re: Microsoft Considered Crytek Acquisition Jul 5, 2011, 13:27 Kajetan

killer_roach wrote on Jul 5, 2011, 12:36:
You try making games like Crytek does on an indie budget.
This is not about indie vs. big publisher. This is only about Yerli being the spineless mouthpiece he is.

News Comments > Microsoft Considered Crytek Acquisition
1. Re: Microsoft Considered Crytek Acquisition Jul 5, 2011, 11:17 Kajetan

Yeah, Yerli fits perfectly to any big publisher. Always willing to say anything to support the corporations interests, even if it's utter bullshit and Yerli has to contradict himself everytime. But that's ok. It's his life, his company, his descisions. I wish him well in the future. No, really  

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 3, 2011, 13:10 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 13:01:
What do we get today?!?!
I got a lovely 404 and the cached site from a few hours ago. What do you get?

No, really, Valve ... rent some more bandwith for those special sales days. People, who cant look for new sales, or cant buy new sales or cant download their games without making a time travel to the days of 54k dial-up ... you loose money! But, being your potential revenue and not mine, i keep on hammering F5

News Comments > Card Writing for Firefall, Red 5 Battling Webzen
7. Re: Card Writing for Firefall, Red 5 Battling Webzen Jul 3, 2011, 04:43 Kajetan

Asmo wrote on Jul 3, 2011, 01:50:
Umm, how does securing a great sci fi novelist to help out with the story (no mention of payment yet that I could see) effect the focus, or lack thereof, on gameplay?
Simple. Money spend on this writer is not available for other parts of the production. Which is crucial, if your budget isn't THAT high.

Look at Advent Rising: Has a mildly interesting story from Orson Scott Card, but the gameplay and the overall technical quality was, well, less impressive. Advent Rising is a little stinker.

News Comments > Portal 2 Soundtrack, Volume 2
2. Re: Portal 2 Soundtrack, Volume 2 Jul 2, 2011, 05:07 Kajetan

Moar. Please.

Well, not especially from Portal 2, since that chip sound style isn't my cup of tea at the moment, but moar soundtrack releases from games are much appreciated. And considering, that i started buying Final Fantasy games after hours of listening to Nobuo-san's phenomenal score (torrented from all over the world) ... this stuff is strong marketing mojo, dear marketing guys!

News Comments > It Came from E3 2011, Part 26
6. Re: It Came from E3 2011, Part 26 Jun 29, 2011, 07:26 Kajetan

The Half Elf wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 07:17:
Yeah cause they totally blew it with Bioshock right?
They did. Besides the very beautiful art design, there was nothing impressive in Bioshock. A mix between the already established "System Shock gameplay" and a casual shooter. A nice game, but not worth an award.

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patched
9. Re: World of Warcraft Patched Jun 29, 2011, 06:31 Kajetan

OldScho0l wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 17:44:
I miss vanilla WOW. :/
The more they change the worse it gets.
I have ZERO interest in WALKING through Azeroth from Level 0 to 40. Back in the days, you say to your loved one: "Honey, i cant join you, because i have to play WoW this evening!"

"What you do?"

"Delivering a quest to the quest NPC in the same zone" or "Walking with my buddies from the nearest flight point to the dungeon entrance"

"And thats it?"

"Yupp, thats it for the evening."

*door slams*

News Comments > Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play
22. Re: Burning Crusade Free, WoW Free to Play Jun 29, 2011, 06:24 Kajetan

Ventura wrote on Jun 29, 2011, 00:58:
It won't die for a long time, but it's obviously peaked.
Yupp. Which is a good thing, because then we don't have to wade anymore through countless post of ex-WOW junkies, who have to tell anyone that they quit and why the game therefore is doomed for eternity

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 BFE "Keeping it Real"
15. Re: Serious Sam 3 BFE Jun 28, 2011, 06:22 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 05:10:
It'll be for a few seconds, then it'll get tedious.
The Serious Sam games were always the typical "game for the lunch break". Start it up, play an hour, leave it, come back next day. Yes, the gameplay IS tedious after an hour. But during this hour, it's so much fun

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 BFE "Keeping it Real"
14. Re: Serious Sam 3 BFE Jun 28, 2011, 06:18 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jun 28, 2011, 02:33:
Smaller levels? Checkpoints instead of quicksave?
At least these two

And the movement felt clunky and slowish. Especially this led many people to the conclusion that SS2 was made for consoles in mind.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
13. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 26, 2011, 16:55 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jun 26, 2011, 15:46:
What kind of DRM does it have?
3rd-party DRM: SecuROMô
5 machine activation limit

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
5. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jun 21, 2011, 01:25 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jun 20, 2011, 19:24:
I can hardly wait till see the first of the Lulzsec jackasses arrested, prosecuted and shipped off to pound-me-in-the-ass-prison to be used as a playdoll for the next 10-20 years. It'll put an end to this stupidity PDQ.
Why do you want that? Because they annoy you? Thats a major offense, is it? There was no damage, no one was hurt. Why the hate?

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
2. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Jun 19, 2011, 14:45 Kajetan

Pumas wrote on Jun 18, 2011, 21:56:
Alice is also on Steam now as well. Didn't think that was going to be the case, but just picked it up ...
Does the Steam version require an additional registration for Origin? Or just the usual Steam DRM?

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 41.
< Newer [ 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo