Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2176 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
3. Re: Morning Metaverse May 14, 2015, 18:19 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on May 14, 2015, 15:08:
I don't suppose "F**k You BBC As We laugh all the way to the bank" would be an appropriate title?
Maybe, but no money in the world can heal his hurt pride. He still has a big ego and getting fired from his own hugely successful show about someting he probably considers a small, unimportant "thing" ...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > WoW Bot Bans
4. Re: Re: WoW Bot Bans May 14, 2015, 12:02 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on May 14, 2015, 11:13:
I heard the Obama government wanted to follow your idea, but Peter Molyneux asked the PotUS personally to not do it.
Peter DOES NOT LIE. He only tells the truth. Every day another one. Which is true. For that day.

News Comments > Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint
39. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 17:33 Kajetan

swaaye wrote on May 11, 2015, 17:22:
I guess the question is how much did it really cost?
Too much?

On the other hand, 2 mio. units sold may have been enough to make a decent profit, but SEGA thought there may be potential for more and therefore those sales were dissapointing?

37. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 17:18 Kajetan

swaaye wrote on May 11, 2015, 17:08:
In other words a bleeding edge technology survival horror with a movie license, a lot of game content, motion captured animation, and professional voice work is an untenable game concept in today's gaming industry?
It is, when this big budget is spend on a horror survival game, which caters to only a small fraction of the market. When you spend a lot of dollars, you have to make sure that this game is for a broad audience. Horror survival is a niche. I was surprised that AI sold over 2 mio.

And yes, the more expensive your game is, the more it has to be dumbed and watered down, the more it has to follow popular features and genres. Because that's what those AAA games are for ... to make big money for the majors.

31. Re: Alien: Isolation Sales Disappoint May 11, 2015, 14:59 Kajetan

swaaye wrote on May 11, 2015, 14:49:
2.1m is disappointing? I suppose it's possible that is true. Games cost a lot more to make these days, even more than PS360 era.
While rising costs are true (without slowing down, hence the utter need for the majors to make as much money as possible with overpriced DLC), spending a big budget on a niche game like Alien Isolation is outright stupid.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer
20. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer May 5, 2015, 08:43 Kajetan

Qbex . wrote on May 5, 2015, 08:01:
Top end sli rig and such a shitty performance, texture pop ins and all kinds of nasties. I'll wait for new drivers and optimization guide before I get back in.
What do you expect from the unloved child of John Carmack?

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer
17. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Trailer May 5, 2015, 06:56 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 5, 2015, 03:15:
Do the Germans sensor Nazi imagery in their films and books too?
No. Films and books are considered art, therefore you can show films like "Iron Sky" in Germany without removing any nazi symbols. Games, on the other hand, games are NOT considered as art. Yet! It may take some time, but one day we will be able to officaly buy a Wolfenstein game with swastikas, instead of using pirated copies or weird VPN setups to fool the Steam region block.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
6. Re: Steam Top 10 May 4, 2015, 03:43 Kajetan

[VG]Reagle wrote on May 3, 2015, 22:12:
Frankly I just love Steam. So easy to transfer games here and there. Very convenient.
The new GOG.com client has the same feature. Still in alpha, still a long way to go, but looking good.

News Comments > Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads
4. Re: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood Preloads May 2, 2015, 20:06 Kajetan

KilrathiAce wrote on May 2, 2015, 18:48:
how about they make a wolfenstein game where you actually play as german using all the cool german toys to sneak and dominate lets say britain base or port.... and not always same thing...
Because than its not a Wolfenstein game, but something else. There is a reason some franchises cover always "the same".

News Comments > Evening Crowdfunding Roundup
10. Re: Evening Crowdfunding Roundup May 2, 2015, 05:14 Kajetan

Vio wrote on May 2, 2015, 02:56:
Let us not forget.
Still online? Ahhh, memories!

News Comments > Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds
32. Re: Steam Ending Paid Mods; Providing Refunds Apr 28, 2015, 02:49 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Apr 28, 2015, 02:27:
Or someone blinded stupid by swimming pools full of money.
Bethesda is known to be full of shit.
And when they approached Valve with this idea of selling mods for big profit, Valve just said: "Lets do this. Just look at DOTA and TF2. This will work, fuck yeah, MONNIES!!!"

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
21. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 19:55 Kajetan

descender wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:48:
I still think that anyone complaining about the 25% is absolutely nuts. Is it low? Sure. Is it the worst deal ever? No, of course not. Yesterday you were making pennies, now you are making .25 on the dollar over thousands of sales with millions of potential customers. They should just take what they can get and worry about getting a better deal later when they can get organized (modders unions?).
When you start selling mods, you are no longer an amateur. You now have a business. You have expenses. You have to licence tools and software, which were free for non-commercial use. You have to pay taxes. You have to make sure to not violate someones copyright. You probably have to pay other mod team members.

And suddenly 25% may be not enough to maintain a business. A Youtuber, a LetsPlayer, when he joins a marketing/advertising network, receives about 80-90% from the ad revenue. THIS you can use to start a business. Not with 25%! This is no viable business model, this is self exploitation.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions
7. Re: Star Citizen Passes $80M; Accepting Subscription Contributions Apr 27, 2015, 19:33 Kajetan

BIGtrouble77 wrote on Apr 27, 2015, 19:20:
I think it's pretty clear at this point that they are projecting to ultimately hit around $100m. It seems like the storage requirements keep going up with the budget, so I'm not sure I can afford the storage when this thing finally launches.
Point is ... regarding the scope of this project, $100m is the baseline.

A story-driven SP flight sim a la Wing Commander/Freelancer.
MP on your own server.
A persistent MP/MMO on CIG servers.
A shooter modul.
All modules connected.
Further content for all modules.

This, combined with AAA production values, you cannot do with "only" 50-60 million. Just remember, that Blizzard said during the release of Cataclysm WoW would cost more than 500 million Dollar just to rebuild it to the current state.

News Comments > Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods
11. Re: Bethesda on Paid Skyrim Mods Apr 27, 2015, 19:26 Kajetan

Apparently Valve pulled out. Paid mods have been removed from the Workshop. If this is permanent or just temporary ... no confirmation yet.

reddit

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Preorders
5. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Preorders Apr 24, 2015, 03:11 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Apr 24, 2015, 01:09:
I hate this habit, it's why I wait for the complete game as GOTY or whatever they call it version, even if it takes more than a year. And then I get the REALLY complete game at even half the price or less.
Yes, with the modern way to market games and nickle & dime any possible content, patience IS a virtue.

News Comments > GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups
18. Re: GTA5 Account Loss Follow-ups Apr 23, 2015, 04:40 Kajetan

Quinn wrote on Apr 23, 2015, 03:11:
EVERY customer should be treated with respect, because without the customer, you wouldn't fucking exist.
True, but ...

We talk about games and not about kitchen appliances or even cars. We talk about games and a LOT of gamers are emotionally addicted to their games and their favourite dev. When you are successful as Rockstar and every GTA sells millions and millions ... you get arrogant and sloppy, because you just know that your customers will pay and do ANYTHING to get their hands on a copy of GTA. There is a reason why EA was Worst US company two years in a row and still they make 4 billion dollar revenue each effin year with optional luxury products.

News Comments > Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video
10. Re: Alan Wake 2 Prototype Video Apr 21, 2015, 07:50 Kajetan

Quinn wrote on Apr 21, 2015, 03:38:
Alan Wake was a game with great atmosphere, but I didn't like the gameplay mechanic.
I enjoyed the game when watching a LP video. Great atmo, great writing and story. I never made it more than half an hour into the game myself. Because i HATED the controls and camera positions. I became angry, really, really angry because i wanted to love this game.

News Comments > Nordic Games Acquires Men of Valor
1. Re: Nordic Games Acquires Men of Valor Apr 14, 2015, 10:49 Kajetan

Wohooo! Men of Valor!!!

*cricket*

News Comments > Morning Metaverse
13. Re: Morning Metaverse Apr 13, 2015, 12:21 Kajetan

nin wrote on Apr 13, 2015, 10:35:
I fucking loved them, back in the day. Glide was so fucking awesome, and made Unreal and the first UT look slick as hell.
I bought a SECOND Voodoo2, just to play Unreal in whooping 1024x768!!!

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
3. Re: Sunday Consolidation Apr 5, 2015, 14:42 Kajetan

Silicon Avatar wrote on Apr 5, 2015, 13:10:
If a few more companies go the route of Nintendo Angry Joe is only going to be playing indie games.
He didnt say that he will never play Nintendo games. He will stop making Youtube videos about Nintendo games

2176 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo