Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1937 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Oct 9, 2011, 04:32 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Oct 9, 2011, 01:36:
Games journalism has become a joke.
Has become? It always was.

Gaming journalism always was only an extension of the marketing. There was never ever a tradition of "real journalism", where you investigate the truth behind the curtain and uncover reality. Gaming journalism always was nothing more than a hype machine.

And why? Because no one with a proper journalistic education wants to work in this business. Gaming journalism consists monstly of enthusiastic amateurs and people who just picked that job up, because they wanna try something different or circumstances led them to this job. There are NO journalistic principles in gaming journalism because no gaming journalist had heard of them.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
36. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 16:43 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 16:13:
*dipshit industry exec*
Most of the industry execs can hear real well. But their investors cant. And to please the investors, companies will use DRM to ensure the steady flow of venture capital. I suspect that GSC will receive some heavy dose of external funding IF they promise to minimize the potential risk of revenue losses through piracy, because many investors still believe in that lie.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM?
21. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Always-on DRM? Oct 8, 2011, 13:55 Kajetan

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Oct 8, 2011, 12:12:
That's funny. Because DRM like this doesn't seem to affect the pirates at all. It seems to be driving people towards piracy because they're being treated as a criminal.
Meanwhile, there is scientific evidence that LESS DRM will REDUCE content piracy:

http://www.media.rice.edu/media/NewsBot.asp?MODE=VIEW&ID=16282&SnID=107477196

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
5. Re: Evening Metaverse Oct 7, 2011, 09:22 Kajetan

cento wrote on Oct 7, 2011, 01:03:
He can still go fuck himself gently with a chainsaw.
I still have the cries of unborn single player games in my ears when Garriott and others said, that MMOs are TEH FUTURE and traditional gaming IS DEAD. And look, we have 2011 and MMOs are still only a fraction of the entire games market, the single player game is far from extinct and ... *yawn*

Yes, he can go fuck himself.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - Newell on PC Gaming
10. Re: Quoteworthy - Newell on PC Gaming Oct 7, 2011, 05:28 Kajetan

Kawlisse wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 23:33:
But but but ... they said PC gaming was dying !!!
Just wait until the new console generation is out.

3 - 2 - 1: THE PC IS DEAD! ALL HAIL THE NEW 720PS4-OVERLORD! FUCK YEAH!!!!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
19. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Oct 6, 2011, 11:54 Kajetan

Ratty wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 11:18:
Heh, first ever comment about Daikatana I've seen that didn't rip it to complete threads.
You should have asked me the week Daikatana was released I picked it up again a few years later and to my great suprise it wasnt that bad at all.

News Comments > Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming?
6. Re: Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming? Oct 6, 2011, 10:43 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 10:38:
Was Apple the first to make an mp3 player? Was it the first to blend an mp3 player with a phone?
According to some emotional stressed people today, Steve Jobs created the world all by himself.

But Microsoft is the copycat, always was.

News Comments > Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming?
3. Re: Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming? Oct 6, 2011, 10:37 Kajetan

nin wrote on Oct 6, 2011, 10:26:
Microsoft Planning Cloud Gaming continues plan of chasing other companies? Then doing it really half assed, before abandoning it and moving to the next big thing.

Fixed.
But, but ... MICROSOFT!!!!!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
17. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Oct 6, 2011, 06:45 Kajetan

MUGWUMP wrote on Oct 5, 2011, 23:33:
I didn't really follow it after the initial release.
Was it really worse than Daikatana?
No. The DNF desaster is something different.

Daikatana had some major, game breaking bugs at release and was "only" a standard shooter with some nice ideas like RPG elements (choosing between making you stronger or your sword). Most people were upset because of this horrible and highly arrogant marketing campaign. The game itself was quite enjoyable after some patches. Nothing spectacular, but ok.

DNF on the other hand might be a solid standard console shooter, coming from Activisions Value Label, targeting Wallmart buyers and such, who are only out for some quick, cheap thrill. Nothing to write home about. But DNF isnt just a standard console shooter. Its Duke Nukem Forever. And being that, its just horrible. Its a blasphemy to the Duke franchise and in the long run DNF might have damaged this IP beyond repair. Take2 should have scrapped this project. Releasing those charred remains of more than ten years of dev hell was not a good idea at all.

News Comments > Notch: Mojang Offered "To Give Up the Trademark" for Scrolls
27. Re: Notch: Mojang Offered Oct 4, 2011, 08:08 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Oct 4, 2011, 07:26:
Well yeah. How else could they sign a contract?
A company has no need for such rights to make legally binding contracts.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - A Game of Thrones: Genesis
9. Re: Steamships Ahoy - A Game of Thrones: Genesis Sep 29, 2011, 09:49 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 28, 2011, 23:10:
piracy rate is prolly going to skyrocket for this
To achieve this, a game has to be popular. Unpopular games are being less pirated than popular ones. Games like CoD have a much higher ratio P2P copy to sold copy than games like this title. Just compare P2P charts with sales charts. Its mostly identical.

News Comments > Skyrim Voice Cast Announced
29. Re: Skyrim Voice Cast Announced Sep 27, 2011, 13:35 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 11:19:
I kind of like having recognizable voices in games.
A few years back, i was pleasantly surprised hearing Patrick Stewart in this D&D Demonstone Hack&Slay-Thingy. Boring game, he didnt made it better, but i like hearing his voice. He should do more gaming voice-overs.

News Comments > Square Enix: FINAL FANTASY XIV "Greatly Damaged" The Brand
8. Re: Square Enix: FINAL FANTASY XIV Sep 27, 2011, 13:22 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Sep 27, 2011, 13:13:
it makes you wonder what the hell they did with their massive budget and all that time.
You said it yourself ... visual assets extravaganza. The producers already admited, that they spent too little time on the gaming content, too much on creating tools and art and had to rush to meet deadlines.

News Comments > Jade Empire Sequel Possible
4. Re: Jade Empire Sequel Possible Sep 25, 2011, 14:04 Kajetan

Fion wrote on Sep 25, 2011, 13:24:
So I'd definitely like to see another Jade Empire game.
One of my worst gaming dissapointments ever. Not realizing that this was a BeatEmUp with a few RPG elements (and not a Bioware RPG like NWN or Kotor), i stumbled through the first few minutes until i reached the beach where i just gave up. No exactly the genre i'm capable or even willing of playing

News Comments > Diablo III in Early 2012; Beta to Expand
18. Re: Diablo III in Early 2012 Sep 23, 2011, 10:57 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 10:45:
Does this make me a fanboi or just uninformed?
I dont care what this makes you. If you want to buy D3 then by god, have fun with it. But dont come running, if the DRM will do something you dont want. You are informed, you can choose.

14. Re: Diablo III in Early 2012 Sep 23, 2011, 10:33 Kajetan

Yakubs wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 10:28:
Right, because the ONLY people who would ever buy a game with online-only play are fanboys and uninformed people. Your world view is clearly well-researched.
I said nothing about those two groups being the ONLY people to buy Diablo 3. You might want to research a little bit more before commenting

10. Re: Diablo III in Early 2012 Sep 23, 2011, 10:19 Kajetan

Pankin wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 10:09:
What are the chances they're looking into removing persistent DRM, given the Rock-Paper-Shotgun fallout from yesterday?
Zero. Zilch. Nada. They will only change it when Diablo 3 will be a commercial failure, the explicit reason being this DRM scheme. But Diablo 3 becoming anything else than a commercial failure due to masses of fanboys and uninformed gamers ... no chance of happening, ever!

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Sep 23, 2011, 09:36 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Sep 23, 2011, 04:48:
Pretty good article but sadly, it won't convert any console gamers into PC gamers.
Why should they? Console gamers only want to have a fun game experience on their platform of choice. And more console gamers realizing that the majors consider them stupid consumer sheeple who will endure ANYTHING to get their gaming fix, the better.

News Comments > New Via Digital Distribution
6. Re: New Via Digital Distribution Sep 23, 2011, 04:56 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 21:26:
You see their new front page? Totally copied Steam, lol.
Since Gamestop started to sell Steam games via Impulse ... where is the problem?

News Comments > ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif Next Month
7. Re: ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif Next Month Sep 22, 2011, 14:42 Kajetan

Ravor wrote on Sep 22, 2011, 14:21:
Not sure what all the complaining is about?
Because it was too effin easy. As a RPG veteran, you had to stick to leather armor on the highest difficulty setting to make this game at least a bit interesting. The story, the dialog and characters were incredibly shallow and dumb. Right out dumb! Graphics and art were nice, from a technical view this game was a solid release. But the gameplay, the story and writing ... they didnt even try. This is the perfect example of game which makes your brain shrink while playing.

1937 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 38.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo