Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1979 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
7. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 27, 2011, 17:56 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 17:54:
The whole point of the UI is to make it so you never have to take your hands off WASD and the mouse.
The whole point of the interface ist to work with controllers AND to look good and slick, not like the brown boxes from Oblivion. PC usability was NOT one of the goals.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
6. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 27, 2011, 17:54 Kajetan

Wildone wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 17:50:
The mouse control feels like shit! The interface..uh LET ME USE MY MOUSE TO SELECT STUFF! I hate havin to take my hands off the controls to navigate it. And, its kinda boring actually?! I dont see what the fuss is about..
Its Bethesdas game design at work. You'll love it or you just *meh*

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Nov 27, 2011, 16:58 Kajetan

PHJF wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 16:53:
But if you play to the PC's strengths (again, Battlefield 3 is the best current example), then the PC version can do quite well in comparison.

Dollars to donuts says the PS3/360 versions of BF3 collectively did at least 5x that of the PC.
You earn less money per sold copy on consoles than on the PC. You cant compare just sales numbers, you have to consider additional data. And the console market is packed as hell, so have to spend much more on marketing to earn a dollar than on the PC.

Wasn't Edios very dissapointed in the sales of "Kane & Lynch" worldwide of "only" 1.5 mio? Wasnt CD Project very pleased with the sales of TW1 of "only" several hundred thousand?

News Comments > Op Ed
10. Re: Op Ed Nov 27, 2011, 16:28 Kajetan

eunichron wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 16:05:
I'm wondering why he is even using UbiSoft as a benchmark. UbiSoft has been a thorn in the side of PC gaming for years now, with a hate-hate relationship. I say good riddance to them.
Tell me ... why does Ubisoft release so many PC exclusive games like the ANNO series, like The Settlers or HoMM? Why do they keep producing new games in these series?

Ubisoft doesnt want to abandon the PC market. Ubisoft has just some very shitty publicity management, where Ubisoft employees can say things which clearly contradict the companies business strategy.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Nov 27, 2011, 14:57 Kajetan

Bhruic wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 14:30:
Or, give us a game like Battlefield 3 without any f2p crap, and watch it sell on the PC like hotcakes. You know, like Battlefield 3 did.
Oh, you silly old and grumpy PC gamer. You dont know what you really want! Look, this shiny new online service, free to play and with several inexpensive services to aquire! Come to where the future is and GIVE US ALREADY ALL YOUR FUCKIN MONEY, DAMMIT!

News Comments > Risen 2: Dark Waters Trailer
10. Re: Risen 2: Dark Waters Trailer Nov 27, 2011, 04:38 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 01:50:
Skyrim is a boring single player MMO? Maybe you should play it before judging.. because clearly you haven't.
Skyrim is like all other Bethesda games. I stopped after an hour because i was bored to hell. Me = incompatible with Bethesda RPGs since TES: Arena!

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Patch
11. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Patch Nov 26, 2011, 05:09 Kajetan

Kastagir wrote on Nov 26, 2011, 02:15:
And more importantly, two years after the game was released, isn't it just too late?
Its never too late to fix a game. Maybe now Bioware can fix DA2?

News Comments > No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier
34. Re: No PC Ghost Recon: Future Soldier Nov 24, 2011, 16:48 Kajetan

DonJuan wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 16:35:
But I bet that the biggest single-player-only PC game in years will not break 2 million in PC sales.
You dont have to sell GAZILLIONS of games on the PC to make decent profit. Per sold game devs and publisher make MORE money with a PC game than with a console game.

An example:
http://www.lowbird.com/data/images/2011/11/4chan-1322123097081.png

So, publishers have to do much more spending to earn a dollar on consoles than on the PC plattfrom. That is one of the reasons big publishers like EA have a revenue of several billion dollars, but STILL make a huge net loss with their "not so much" profitable console games, which are the majority of the games they release. Yes, you can make huge profits with a console game. But only if its so much popular that revenue is soaring. Below that ... its money thrown out of the window.

Its not important how much games you sell. Its much more important how much money you make from each single sale, combined with the number of games you sell.

News Comments > I Am Alive PC Follow-up
17. Re: I Am Alive PC Follow-up Nov 24, 2011, 16:32 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 16:25:
... rubbish ...
I laughed at the end, i really laughed

News Comments > Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs
42. Re: Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs Nov 24, 2011, 11:15 Kajetan

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 10:54:
If they started making better games that were finished at launch and didn't screw over foreign versions with delayed releases and annoying censorship, as well as inflated prices depending on the region (obviously those last reasons aren't the faults of the studios) then maybe they'd cut down on piracy.
Quite easy:
1. You need to know, if non-commercial software piracy hurts sales.
2. If no, ignore it and make the best possible product for your paying customers.
3. If yes, you have to determine how much.
3. If this is just a minor annoyance, barely distinguishable from statistical fluctuations, fuck it, go to 2.
4. If not, do something to minimize piracy and go to 2. because DRM does NOTHING to prevent piracy.

So ... what do you do? Right! Make the best possible product for your paying customers! Make them paying customers. Make them throw money at you, because THEY WANT TO THROW MONEY AT YOU and not because you forced them to.

Christ!

34. Re: Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs Nov 24, 2011, 07:56 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 06:50:
The myth that the two groups are mutually exclusive of one another really needs to die.
But it's a convenient myth. It makes good "bad guys". No need for self criticism, no need for overhauling a business model, no need for telling the truth and admitting errors. Just blame teh pirates!

31. Re: Why I Am Alive is Dead to PCs Nov 24, 2011, 06:49 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Nov 24, 2011, 06:18:
I have no idea, the truth is my puny brain cant handle the marketing genius behind this PR idea...
It isnt a marketing or PR idea. Its just a Creative Director of a game project, who has no clue about sales, revenue and the changes of digital distribution.

He is like this Creative Director from TQH, Michael Fitch, who blamed ALL THOSE PESKY PIRATES for the closure of Iron Lore Studios (Titan Quest). The real reasons behind the closure, the lack of a proper timed new project after the Soulstorm-Addon for W4K and therefore the need to finance a studio with no actual project to work on ... just a guy saying stupid things about something he knows nothing about.

News Comments > DOOM III Source Code Released
9. Re: DOOM III Source Code Released Nov 23, 2011, 08:42 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 07:31:
Kajetan wrote on Nov 23, 2011, 03:30:
I'll wait for the source code release of Rage. Maybe then someone fix this texture popups?
You willing to wait 8 years or so?
Why not? More and more i have a tendency to play games long after release. I work, i have family, the spare time for games becomes less and less. Patience has become a virtue

And if there isn't a fix ... there are other games to have fun with without experiencing technical difficulties. Rage isn't a must-have title.

News Comments > DOOM III Source Code Released
4. Re: DOOM III Source Code Released Nov 23, 2011, 03:30 Kajetan

I'll wait for the source code release of Rage. Maybe then someone fix this texture popups?  

News Comments > Hard Reset Interview
20. Re: Hard Reset Interview Nov 21, 2011, 02:31 Kajetan

nin wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 16:51:
You own games when you buy a disc with an offline copy protection. You own games when you buy game data with no DRM involved.

Actually (in most cases), that's a license, too. Read the EULA.
Mostly the EULA is just a piece of text. A publisher cant take away my game when i bought it on a disc. In case of Steam and others the EULA is enforceable, the publisher CAN take away the licence i rented.

19. Re: Hard Reset Interview Nov 21, 2011, 02:28 Kajetan

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 19:02:
That isn't even remotely true.
You are a troll, sir.

14. Re: Hard Reset Interview Nov 20, 2011, 16:45 Kajetan

Mad Max RW wrote on Nov 20, 2011, 16:23:
With Steam you pay money, download, and own the game to your account forever.
You own NOTHING! You rent a licence. You own a game, when no third party is capable of removing this game. You own games when you buy a disc with an offline copy protection. You own games when you buy game data with no DRM involved.

I have two dozen games in my Steam account, I like Steam for being a very comfortable and convinient distribution plattform. But i do not own games on Steam unless i remove the Steam integration with a crack. THEN i own the games i bought. Before, i just rent them.

4. Re: Hard Reset Interview Nov 19, 2011, 18:49 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 19, 2011, 17:58:
Super hypocritical considering the game uses Steam no matter where you buy it. Even if you love Steam it is still DRM. Make Steam optional for Hard Reset and then you won't sound like a hypocrite.
Yup. Make your peace with your former coworkers from CD Project and sell this shit on GOG.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Anno 2070
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Anno 2070 Nov 18, 2011, 03:54 Kajetan

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Nov 18, 2011, 00:31:
Yep, lost a sale just like that.
Allegedly Ubisoft lost 90% of their PC sales since the introduction of their own DRM scheme two years ago. Michael Pachter, who's the origin of these rumours, may be a douchebag, but he HAS very good contacts inside the industry.

News Comments > Torchlight II Delayed
21. Re: Torchlight II Delayed Nov 17, 2011, 16:21 Kajetan

nin wrote on Nov 17, 2011, 14:43:
Thank you, TL devs. The plate is overflowing right now, as you've correctly guessed.
Thats right. Bought my last game two months ago, still havent finished it. Too much work, too much weird social life. Gaming time has become scarce these days

1979 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 37.
< Newer [ 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo