Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1962 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: SOPA Isnít the Solution, But Can We At Least Agree Thereís A Problem Jan 11, 2012, 09:50 Kajetan

No. Because there is no actual problem. Only a percieved problem.

"If they do nothing, they are essentially ceding a good portion of their sales to pirates who have no intention of ever paying them a dime."

There is no proof that DRM increases sales, there is no proof that the lack of DRM decreases sales. For DECADES, since the early days of tapes and video cassettes the fear of loosing sales is based on assumptions, not actual, proven facts.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
49. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 07:22 Kajetan

Pankin wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 07:12:
Do we know for certain that Rage tanked sales-wise?
http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/25458/rage/

Ten weeks after release, 1.15 mio. 360, 0.8 mio. PS3, 0.2 mio PC (only retail, no Steam and other digital numbers), perhaps 3 Mio. units all together?

Not a failure, but nothing to write home about for a multiplattform release either. I guess Beth was expecting MUCH more.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
34. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 02:15 Kajetan

shul wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 02:09:
You are all forgetting one important thing, there are more people unemployed now and that sucks.
These people are not unemployed. They are given the chance to get more lucrative und fulfilling jobs, because at id Software they care SO MUCH for their employees that these people are set free that they can pursue higher goals.

We love you, we really do!!!

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed
10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed Jan 9, 2012, 11:47 Kajetan

MacLeod wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 11:29:
Kajetan wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 10:52:
Simple solution. Do not buy it.
That's pretty much my solution nowadays.
Heh. Mine too
I used to buy CEs on a regular basis (i still adore this mighty and heavy black brick named "Warcraft 3 CE"), but lost interest after digital items became more and more the standard ingredient of a CE. An ingredient i can torrent for free a few days later after the release. How "special" is that shit?

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed
7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed Jan 9, 2012, 10:52 Kajetan

MacLeod wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 09:58:
I'm honestly getting tired of the fact that collector's editions for every game now always involve putting statues in the box. No matter how much I'd like the other stuff given in various games CEs, I just don't want the junk cluttering up my house.
Simple solution. Do not buy it.

I prefer this stuff over any of these useless digital "extra items", which are anything but special (a few days after the game release anyone can download them) and they cannot be owned (!), espcially when they are "collectors items" in an MMO, connected to an account.

News Comments > How to Get Banned From MW3
17. Re: How to Get Banned From MW3 Jan 8, 2012, 08:47 Kajetan

Dmitri_M wrote on Jan 8, 2012, 06:44:
There's an entire generation that cannot devise it's own humor and instead relies on pictures of cats, random gifs and howling "cheater".
You are getting old and bitter. May be it's a good idea for you to retire from the internet.

News Comments > New MS Online RTS Plans?
2. Re: New MS Online RTS Plans? Jan 6, 2012, 15:58 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 14:12:
Judging by the buzzwords in that listing it's probably a little game for xbox live avatars that you can control with your hands and feet.
Wheeeeeee! Kinect crap!

News Comments > Team 6 versus Eurogamer
6. Re: Team 6 versus Eurogamer Jan 6, 2012, 11:21 Kajetan

Overon wrote on Jan 6, 2012, 11:08:
Which version should reviewers review? The shipping version or after some patches?
Sad thing is, even with hundreds of pachtes this game is still a cheap ripoff to lure the uninformed gamer into buying a "Flatout" racing game.

News Comments > Team 6 versus Eurogamer
4. Re: Team 6 versus Eurogamer Jan 6, 2012, 11:01 Kajetan

This dev is pathetic, his game IS utter crap.
Move on, nothing to see here.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
4. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 4, 2012, 05:30 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Jan 4, 2012, 01:09:
And Cliffy 'idiot boy's Blezinski and Yerli "whiny bitch" Crevat can take a nice big dose of STFU.
NEVER! Cliffys ego is too big and Cervat just continues to say everything his master tells him to say.

News Comments > Firefly and Buffy MMOG Developer Closed
9. Re: Firefly and Buffy MMOG Developer Closed Jan 4, 2012, 05:28 Kajetan

Gas Bandit wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 23:36:
Yeah! Just like that Star Wars Old Republic abomination! Isn't it just a shame that horrible idea came to fruition!
In fact ... it is! :-P

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up
21. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Bans Follow-up Jan 3, 2012, 12:55 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jan 3, 2012, 11:57:
The point again is that this was a design problem that should be addressed as such.
It should, but it can't.

Blizzard has done this in the past in WoW (remember the guy who discovered a freaky but legit way to reach a closed area?), Bioware does it now, other devs have done it. These companies are not able to admit mistakes because their company culture thrives on blaming others for mistakes.

News Comments > Happy Birthday Diablo
8. Re: Happy Birthday Diablo Jan 2, 2012, 04:49 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Jan 2, 2012, 00:04:
Still the best Diablo IMO. Great game, great memories... Damn, I AM OLD!
It's only fifteen years. This is nothing!

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Jan 1, 2012, 15:10 Kajetan

jimnms wrote on Jan 1, 2012, 15:00:
... because then I'm not achieving anything
You think, you can actually "achieve" something? You waste time playing video games while having some fun. But you do NOT achieve anything.

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Dec 28, 2011, 02:14 Kajetan

Alamar wrote on Dec 27, 2011, 23:48:
This has always been a tough argument, and I am kind of surprised by the lack of support here, where so many love the indies.
I love indies for their fresh approach to gaming genres and gameplay mechanics.

I do NOT wish that they behave like big corporations, locking all up, hiding from competition behind legal barriers and preventing evolution and progress by "patenting" the shit out of everything.

News Comments > etc., etc.
10. Re: etc., etc. Dec 20, 2011, 05:25 Kajetan

Moog wrote on Dec 20, 2011, 04:34:
Just look at Origin. It came from nowhere and is now a player in the industry.
Hilarious!
Would anyone be using that POS if not for BF3?!?!
Remember when everyone said that Steam will be failure, because the people are using it only to play Counterstrike or HL2?

If Origin will offer a decent enough buying experience, a wider variety of games, it will stay.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
12. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 19, 2011, 11:41 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Dec 19, 2011, 08:57:
Oh no, they HAVE an age check.
Sadly, this isn't an age check sufficent to german law. Yes, i know that Valve is a US company and yes, i know that my government is a bunch of derranged hypocrits ... but its annoying that i am treated like a child because Valve goes the easy way. Gabe, i have MONEY that i can and WILL spend on Steam if you let me?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
10. Re: Steam Top 10 Dec 19, 2011, 08:22 Kajetan

Bhruic wrote on Dec 18, 2011, 17:19:
Dead Island at 50% on Steam is worth getting for anyone who hasn't.
Ahh, thank you, mein Herr! That is probably the reason why there's no "Deal of the Day" entry. Dead Island is indexed for german minors and therefore Valve blocks all german IPs because they CANNOT BE BOTHERED TO IMPLEMENT AN AGE CHECK!

*sigh*

News Comments > CD Project vs. File-Sharers Follow-up
7. Re: CD Project vs. File-Sharers Follow-up Dec 15, 2011, 11:40 Kajetan

I downloaded TW2 right after the release to check it out. I bought TW2 during the latest sale from GOG.com.

What am i? An evil thief? A valid, legit customer?

No, CD project, you cant be sure at all. You cant even be sure, that the IP is connected to the correct user as several cases over the last years showed. You think that the laywers and their IP research companies do make no errors? Do you think that they make sure, that the "right" users are blackmailed into paying high and unproportional sums? CD Project, you're teaming up with greedy bullies who exploit legal loopholes. Wise up!

News Comments > CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers?
18. Re: CD Projekt Versus File-Sharers? Dec 15, 2011, 02:06 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Dec 14, 2011, 23:58:
Some could be customers, such as Witcher 1. Probably a very small minority, but I have no doubt a few such exist.
Yeah, just define all downloader as freeloaders. Ignore the fact that many poetential customers use filesharing to get a look at the game before buying especially when theres no demo ...

The only ones profiting from this move are the lawyers. CD Project will loose already paying customers (like me), they will loose potential customers, they will gain not MORE customers in the short and long run with this strategy.

1962 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 34.
< Newer [ 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo