Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

News Comments > MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B
1. Re: MW3 Beats Avatar to $1B Dec 12, 2011, 10:22 Kajetan

Yay! Eat shit! Billions of flies cant be wrong!!  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > On Skyrim DLC
5. Re: On Skyrim DLC Dec 11, 2011, 17:14 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:38:
You're the poster boy for pointless complaining today. Congrats.
But he's right. It DOES sound like fixing the gameplay with paid DLC.

News Comments > BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013
10. Re: BioWare Developing C&C Generals 2 for 2013 Dec 11, 2011, 17:11 Kajetan

Rossafur wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 16:57:
There's nothing in the term "Real-Time Strategy" that mandates base-building.
Thats true. But a C&C game without base-building is just not a C&C game. Like this stupid C&C 4 which was essentially a prototype for a multiplayer-only RTS, where the devs had to slap C&C all over it to please the management.

And concerning DLC: First i was like "Generals 2? Yay!", then, after reading this Ever-evolving Experience crap, i was like "Meh! Maybe a sale."

News Comments > GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday
34. Re: GSC/S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Statement Monday Dec 11, 2011, 09:24 Kajetan

Marvin T. Martian wrote on Dec 11, 2011, 08:46:
Metro isn't near as great as you make it out to be.
And ... Metro uses savepoints to cheaply expand gameplay time.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week
24. Re: Duke Nukem Forever DLC Next Week Dec 10, 2011, 07:59 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Dec 10, 2011, 06:30:
Maybe if it gets to $1. I picked it up on the $6 sale. I'm not going to pay more than I paid for the base game!
Zero <insert currency> would be a fair price for fans. To play this crap some one has to pay me.

News Comments > Namco Bandai Wins Witcher 2 Lawsuit
4. Re: Namco Bandai Wins Witcher 2 Lawsuit Dec 9, 2011, 11:39 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Dec 9, 2011, 11:34:
They're a really strange publisher ...
That they may be, but winning a lawsuit, because CD Project was sloppy with their legal work is a strange reason to boycott a company

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE vs Pirates
9. Re: Serious Sam 3: BFE vs Pirates Dec 8, 2011, 05:54 Kajetan

Parias wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 23:58:
Far as I know, FADE was pretty reliable and only kicked in for truly illegitimate copies of Armed Assault and such - unless I'm mistaken.
You are FADE was a neat idea, but ...

1. You cannot test all PC and OS configs out there. There will be ALWAYS legit customers who will experience bugs cuased by the DRM.

2. The DRM HAS TO TELL the player, that he plays an unlicenced copy. If not, the player just thinks the game is buggy and every chance of him buying the game is gone forever. I am always baffled by the sheer amount of stupidity when a dev proudly presents his new DRM trap, but always forgot to tell the player what causes this "special" behaviour.

3. There will be ALWAYS a working crack. Always.

4. There is still no proof that DRM will increase revenue.

News Comments > Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale
9. Re: Richard Garriott's Ultimate Collector: Garage Sale Dec 8, 2011, 02:46 Kajetan

Paranoid Jack wrote on Dec 7, 2011, 22:48:
More evidence (if you actually needed it) that the world has gone to shit.
Let me guess ... you are getting older and cant cope with the changes you experience?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tintin: The Game
6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tintin: The Game Dec 7, 2011, 08:11 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Dec 6, 2011, 21:47:
Tintin was actually a huge comic series in most of Europe, but this was back in the 70s and early 80s.
To be precise, Tintin was already very popular in Europe in the 30s and 40s. You describe his second coming, when several early classics were overhauled and re-published.

News Comments > EA's Command & Conquer Domain Spree
3. Re: EA's Command & Conquer Domain Spree Dec 4, 2011, 17:34 Kajetan

tony wrote on Dec 4, 2011, 17:13:
One of my favorite games as a kid, and now I wish they'd just leave it alone.
You can ignore any new C&C game, if you dont like it. I simply ignore C&C4

News Comments > GLaDOS Invading Defense Grid Next Week
2. Re: GLaDOS Invading Defense Grid Next Week Dec 3, 2011, 13:14 Kajetan

Selektaa wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 13:05:
Is this just for the 360 version, or the PC as well? I don't see this in the DLC section at Steam yet.
Also for the PC. Base game was patched two days ago, now has a few sample maps from the new campaign.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Dec 3, 2011, 09:02 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Dec 3, 2011, 05:31:
I could go on for quite a while, but whats the point. If I want to pay $5 or $10 for the convenience of getting games on a platform that I use most, is that a problem?
Its your money and of course your descision. But i am always a little bewildered when people buy games a second time, only to have them on Steam, when there is no real additional value to it rather than having to run Steam to run the game, instead of just running the game ... but i do not pretend to understand everything

News Comments > On Sale
5. Re: On Sale Dec 3, 2011, 02:53 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Dec 2, 2011, 20:40:
I think its cool that stardock is starting to bring some of its back titles to steam so I can get rid of impulse.
You dont need the Impulse client to play GalCiv. There is no need to "get rid of it". But i guess Stardock will be pleased when you give them more money to have the same game with a client system, you cant "get rid off" so easily.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Sells 8M
26. Re: Battlefield 3 Sells 8M Nov 30, 2011, 08:03 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 05:06:
Here's what will likely happen... The PC online count will remain much more steady than the dwindling console numbers. All platforms will level off after several months, but PC will remain higher than both consoles combined, and then some.
This is the major difference between the PC audience and the console audience. On the consoles YOU HAVE TO sell a maximum of units in the first two or three weeks. The majority of console revenue is made in this time period, dwarfing every number from the PC platform. But in the long run ... just look at Crysis 1. Deeply dissapointing sales in the first month, over the course of a year Crysis 1 becomes one of the most sucessful PC exclusives of the entire EA history.

News Comments > Dead Island German Ban
11. Re: Dead Island German Ban Nov 30, 2011, 04:39 Kajetan

spindoctor wrote on Nov 30, 2011, 03:02:
Banning the game 3 months after release seems so... pointless. Banning a game when it can be imported from one country over also seems pointless.
It is pointless, because the moment the BPjM bans a game, ALL the german kids want to have this game and they will get it

This is all the more strange because I believe Germany is a pretty big gaming market, so you'd expect them to behave a little more sensibly on these issues.
Dont expect sensibility when politicians know that they can gain cheap votes by "protecting the youth from violent videogames". This way, everybody feels ok because someone did something and everyone forgets to really care about children.

Banning stuff is an easy way for adults to avoid uncomfortable truths about the way they treat themselves, their children, how children are raised, what world they are born into.

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Beta, Delay
8. Re: Legend of Grimrock Beta, Delay Nov 29, 2011, 05:23 Kajetan

reisub wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 23:18:
Please be great.
Just "good and entertaining" would suffice.

News Comments > "Canon" Indy Jones Facebook Game Tomorrow
10. Re: Nov 29, 2011, 02:13 Kajetan

Genesys wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 20:36:
Kajetan wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 15:34:
I love the three Indiana Jones movies. Great adventure stuff, great atmosphere.
Choosing to ignore that movie number four ever existed? Good man.
What fourth film?

And after "Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis" there were'nt any more games worth mentioning. Simple plattform and stupid action games, who tried to copy the games, which were based on the IJ formula like Tomb Raider, instead on reyling on the strength of the franchise. Nowadays, we have Uncharted on the PS3, which is THE nearly perfect game adaption of a Indiana Jones movie.

And now this franchise zombie, chewing on already braindead people who dont recognize, that they are not playing games with Zynga, but are slaving away in a money accumulation service.

News Comments > "Canon" Indy Jones Facebook Game Tomorrow
1. Re: "Canon" Indy Jones Facebook Game Tomorrow Nov 28, 2011, 15:34 Kajetan

I love the three Indiana Jones movies. Great adventure stuff, great atmosphere. Had some fun times. And i love those two adventure games from Lucasfilm Games. I wonder, why no one has made more films or games with this setting?

Hmm ...

News Comments > Op Ed
31. Re: Op Ed Nov 28, 2011, 07:02 Kajetan

Asmo wrote on Nov 28, 2011, 06:43:
The whole move to consoles is purely greed motivated, Ubi and co. know it and we know it. Meanwhile, there are still people putting out good PC games and making money (ask Notch, for example...)
If i would be a major publisher, who moves to the consoles, realizing that this is a cramped market which requires high production budgets and much higher marketing costs, but also with the possibility of VERY HIGH revenues, much higher than one can achieve with PC games ... i would abandon the PC market for good and concentrate everything on making profits with console games.

But because ALL majors dont do this last step, is just proof enough that you can make very good money with multiplattform games. Neither of them wants to live without these profits, some of them, especially Ubisoft, still have some very sucessfull PC exclusives.

That said ... nobody wants to abandon the PC plattform. Some publishers only have a shitty publicity management or are just used to lie to the public, because they usually lie to their investors.

News Comments > Skyrim and D3D Antilag
7. Re: Skyrim and D3D Antilag Nov 27, 2011, 17:56 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Nov 27, 2011, 17:54:
The whole point of the UI is to make it so you never have to take your hands off WASD and the mouse.
The whole point of the interface ist to work with controllers AND to look good and slick, not like the brown boxes from Oblivion. PC usability was NOT one of the goals.

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 33.
< Newer [ 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo