Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1937 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues
14. Re: PC Alan Wake Next Month; Requirements; XP Issues Jan 21, 2012, 05:41 Kajetan

siapnar wrote on Jan 21, 2012, 03:06:
The movement control is especially responsive and well implemented.
That is nice. A gamepad movement which doesnt feel sluggish, crappy and slow. What an achievement to gaming history! We've gone full circle and are now standing at exactly that point ten years ago before devs were forced to make only console games for the dumb masses.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
4. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 20, 2012, 13:38 Kajetan

Xoxotl wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 09:40:
If the USA bankrupts itself, it because we're paying for everybody else's military or social services infrastructure.
What?

News Comments > Evening Safety Dance
2. Re: Evening Safety Dance Jan 20, 2012, 04:07 Kajetan

Fantaz wrote on Jan 20, 2012, 00:30:
Anonymous attacks on Whitehouse.gov? That's smart!
Sadly they only attack the website, not the real building.

If they would do that, the USA would start a war on nearly everyone, bancrupting itself in the process finally for good and the rest of the world can go on.

News Comments > Star Trek Online F2P Begins
18. Re: Star Trek Online F2P Begins Jan 18, 2012, 04:18 Kajetan

eunichron wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 03:43:
I never understood the F2P model for MMOs.
It's easy. Lure the player into spending much, MUCH more money in the games item shop, than he is willing to pay for a subscription fee.

eunichron wrote on Jan 18, 2012, 03:43:
Until someone thinks of a better model for MMOs, one that is profitable and doesn't give players 1/4 of the experience, "F2P" in this genre will always be synonymous with failure.
There a quite a few F2P-But-P2W-MMOs which make a good fortune. This business model may be a long-term failure for the stupid and naive gamer, but its a proven and sucessful business scheme.

News Comments > No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday
6. Re: No PC Syndicate Remake Demo; Original on GOG.com Thursday Jan 17, 2012, 11:49 Kajetan

necrosis wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 11:25:
No PC demo? Big shock. This is no non-news now its not worth reporting.
PC demos are being pirated too much, so major publishers will not release them anymore. Damn pirates! ;-P

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Interview
2. Re: Legend of Grimrock Interview Jan 17, 2012, 11:05 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jan 17, 2012, 10:22:
Really lookin forward to this one! Hope it gets a steam release...
I wouldn't mind, if it get's not ONLY on Steam

An entry in a Humble Bundle someday would be nice. Not because i'm a cheap bastard (i normaly pay my traditional 13.37 Ä), but because i get all games without further need of a functioning account system beyond my personal control.

News Comments > Ubi DRM Thwarts Review
47. Re: Ubi DRM Thwarts Review Jan 17, 2012, 06:29 Kajetan

eunichron wrote on Jan 16, 2012, 19:15:
They've already made insinuations that they're going to leave the PC industry
They didn't. Ubisoft has the highest percentage of PC-only titles of all major publishers. They make good money on these franchises (HoMM, Settlers, Anno), production has already started for Settlers 8.

All this bullshit about THE GREAT THREAT named piracy and their DRM scheme to counter that made-up threat was and is aimed at the investors after Ubisoft had some rough quarters two or three years ago.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
17. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:34 Kajetan

Hudson wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 13:30:
My guess is EA got greedy and figured they can make more money with Origin.
EA wants to control the way people play their games to monetize the whole gaming experience. They cannot do that with Steam.

News Comments > No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin
15. Re: No Mass Effect 3 on Steam; Requires Origin Jan 15, 2012, 13:32 Kajetan

Overon wrote on Jan 15, 2012, 13:29:
Well this is going to give people who pirate another reason to rationalize their piracy.
No, this benefits only people who want to justify their actions. The "standard" downloader just downloads because he or she wants to.

News Comments > etc.
1. Re: How cool is that? Jan 13, 2012, 11:29 Kajetan

Coolness factor: 9000!!  

News Comments > Steam Group Seeks Communication
15. Re: Steam Group Seeks Communication Jan 12, 2012, 07:31 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 21:53:
Occupy Gabe's Office!
Occupy Gabe! There's plenty of him for every one ...

News Comments > Op Ed
12. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2012, 11:26 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 11:15:
Higher income will solve piracy exactly as much as clean tap water eradicated the business of selling bottled water with inferior quality....
The trick here is ... do not think that higher income will "solve" piracy. It doesnt make piracy go away. Higher income leads only to more potential customers. Make them an attractive offer and MORE people will buy your products because more people can afford to buy them.

News Comments > Layoffs at id Software
61. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 11:20 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 11:03:
It's not that they don't care, it's that they don't want to say anything that could possibly lead to a lawsuit.
How does "We are sorry, but we have to let go some folks. We thank them for their hard work and wish them all the best!" lead to a lawsuit?

This bullshit speak is targeted at the investors. Make them believe that everything is under control, that the company is on track and YES, WE ARE TOTALLY FINE!!!! DONT PULL YOUR INVESTMENT!!!!

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2012, 10:51 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 10:36:
SOPA is a complete clusterfuck. It seeks to give power to those that will abuse it and will have no effect upon piracy.
Yes, SOPA is a complete clusterfuck, but ... if you want to "fight" a problem, first make sure that IT IS a problem.

Is it the casual, non-commercial motivated content piracy?
Is it the usual commercial content piracy in countries with a low per capita income?

The first cannot be undone, you have to live with it. If you want to make money with digital goods, you better learn to let go after you release this content. The easy-to-copy nature of digital information cannot be separated from digital nature of digital information. If you dont like this, change your business model, sell physical objects like apples or fridges.

The latter ... easy solution. Raise the per capita income and these people will gladly start to buy more and more content from you, the official distributor. Or lower the prices.

55. Re: agreed.... Jan 11, 2012, 09:56 Kajetan

Shataan wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 09:37:
What we got was a beautiful tech demo.
Which would be awesome in the days of Quake and Unreal, but nowadays texture sharpness and detail has evolved and increased tenfold. Rage looks sometimes like a fifteen year old game for the Diamond Monster 3D.

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: SOPA Isnít the Solution, But Can We At Least Agree Thereís A Problem Jan 11, 2012, 09:50 Kajetan

No. Because there is no actual problem. Only a percieved problem.

"If they do nothing, they are essentially ceding a good portion of their sales to pirates who have no intention of ever paying them a dime."

There is no proof that DRM increases sales, there is no proof that the lack of DRM decreases sales. For DECADES, since the early days of tapes and video cassettes the fear of loosing sales is based on assumptions, not actual, proven facts.

49. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 07:22 Kajetan

Pankin wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 07:12:
Do we know for certain that Rage tanked sales-wise?
http://gamrreview.vgchartz.com/sales-data/25458/rage/

Ten weeks after release, 1.15 mio. 360, 0.8 mio. PS3, 0.2 mio PC (only retail, no Steam and other digital numbers), perhaps 3 Mio. units all together?

Not a failure, but nothing to write home about for a multiplattform release either. I guess Beth was expecting MUCH more.

34. Re: Layoffs at id Software Jan 11, 2012, 02:15 Kajetan

shul wrote on Jan 11, 2012, 02:09:
You are all forgetting one important thing, there are more people unemployed now and that sucks.
These people are not unemployed. They are given the chance to get more lucrative und fulfilling jobs, because at id Software they care SO MUCH for their employees that these people are set free that they can pursue higher goals.

We love you, we really do!!!

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed
10. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed Jan 9, 2012, 11:47 Kajetan

MacLeod wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 11:29:
Kajetan wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 10:52:
Simple solution. Do not buy it.
That's pretty much my solution nowadays.
Heh. Mine too
I used to buy CEs on a regular basis (i still adore this mighty and heavy black brick named "Warcraft 3 CE"), but lost interest after digital items became more and more the standard ingredient of a CE. An ingredient i can torrent for free a few days later after the release. How "special" is that shit?

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed
7. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines CE Outed Jan 9, 2012, 10:52 Kajetan

MacLeod wrote on Jan 9, 2012, 09:58:
I'm honestly getting tired of the fact that collector's editions for every game now always involve putting statues in the box. No matter how much I'd like the other stuff given in various games CEs, I just don't want the junk cluttering up my house.
Simple solution. Do not buy it.

I prefer this stuff over any of these useless digital "extra items", which are anything but special (a few days after the game release anyone can download them) and they cannot be owned (!), espcially when they are "collectors items" in an MMO, connected to an account.

1937 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 32.
< Newer [ 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo