Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1973 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

News Comments > Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic
9. Re: Blizzard: Some WoW Subs Lost to The Old Republic Mar 20, 2012, 11:29 Kajetan

deqer wrote on Mar 20, 2012, 11:11:
"though they think there are others hibernating until the release of the next WoW expansion: "

Yeah, I bet they'd like to think that. Love to see the look on their faces when they wrong and no one comes back for your Kung Fu Panda expansion.
Dont worry. They will hold enough players to make a fortune, they will get new players who arent much into heavy duty raiding, more into collecting pets and achievements with some effortless gameplay mechanics.

Normally i would have resubbed beginning of the year as i have done every time after a longer absence from the game. But now it's march and i have no desire to return at all. I guess, i'm finally done with WoW

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dragon Age Entering "Next Phase"
34. Re: Dragon Age Entering Mar 20, 2012, 02:52 Kajetan

CythrawL wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 21:55:
Looking Glass Studios...
... was never aquired by EA.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update
42. Re: Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update Mar 19, 2012, 08:56 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Mar 19, 2012, 00:38:
Most of the games you see ads for do well. Homefront had an enormous amount of ads. Sold like crazy.
I would not call 2 Mio. units sold, worldwide, across all plattforms (http://www.vgchartz.com/game/34846/homefront) a "crazy success". A moderate success, if you will. Which is one of the reasons THQ closed the studio behind "Homefront". Too costly, not profitable enough.

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking
12. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Still Stalking Mar 17, 2012, 07:31 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 17, 2012, 07:03:
I wish them the best of luck but I'm much more interested in the off-shoot studio 4A Games, which was responsible for Metro 2033. Metro: Last Light is one of the games I'm most looking forward to this year. It's certainly not open world like STALKER but I really enjoyed 2033.
Metro 2033 was a completely different game. Save-Points, QTEs and a very simplified Action-Gameplay. No exploring, heavily scripted, confined areas.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Open Beta
7. Re: Command & Conquer Tiberium Alliances Open Beta Mar 15, 2012, 15:05 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 14:15:
Very, very annoying. I really don't know why they wasted their time on this crap.
Because they learned from this Ultima browser game that there are LOTS of people out there, who have too much money. Microtransaction here, microtransaction there, a sweet little ingame shop, REVENUE!

News Comments > Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow
20. Re: Baldur's Gate Countdown to Tomorrow Mar 15, 2012, 09:45 Kajetan

Caladell wrote on Mar 15, 2012, 00:01:
My guess is that they updated the engine to allow for higher resolutions. Hopefully it's more than that though
Yeah, because there are already some easy-to-use mods out there for that.

News Comments > "Spectacular" Crytek Announcement Next Month
5. Re: Mar 12, 2012, 09:47 Kajetan

Frijoles wrote on Mar 12, 2012, 09:42:
I wonder if it'll be on Steam.
Probably an Origin exclusive for a limited time. Then available on other plattforms, still requiring an Origin login to start the game. There will be no more PC games from EA without Origin.

News Comments > Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans"
1. Re: Romero on Making an Old School FPS: "I Have Plans" Mar 11, 2012, 13:01 Kajetan

SUPERFLY 2!!  

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Release Candidate
1. Re: Legend of Grimrock Release Candidate Mar 9, 2012, 10:32 Kajetan

Yay!!!  

News Comments > CD Project RED Dropping All DRM
15. Re: CD Project RED Dropping All DRM Mar 9, 2012, 01:39 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Mar 8, 2012, 20:55:
If DRM went away forever, would there be more piracy or less?
More and more studies suggest that DRM has no effect on copies at all. DRM does not reduce or boost the numbers, no DRM doesn't reduce or boost the numbers. There will be ALWAYS software piracy and there will be ALWAYS potential and actual customers who pay voluntarily because they want to. And more and more studies suggest, that the availability of copies has no effect on sales at all. Effect on sales have things like: Convenience of the buying experience, regional locks, different regional release dates, different content based on the region. People will pirate your content if you as a company cant offer a borderless, convenient way to buy your content. But if you do that, people will buy. In droves.

The trick is simple: Just ignore the people who dont want to give you money at all, they will not go away, they will always get what they want. Learn to live with copies. Concentrate instead on making a good offer to the people who might want to give you money.

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
19. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 11:54 Kajetan

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 11:00:
To all who bash Peter and his pioneer works, FU.
No one bashes Molyneux for the classics. We bash Molyneux for the shit he released since "Black & White" including said overhyped tamagotchi simulator.

News Comments > Molyneux Quits Lionhead
16. Re: Molyneux Quits Lionhead Mar 7, 2012, 11:52 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Mar 7, 2012, 10:06:
Hopefully with Peter going indie we can now see games in the Populous, Powermonger, Dungeon Keeper or Syndicate caliber coming up again.
Why should he do this? Peter will keep on hyping. It's all that's left of a once great designer who had the luck to work with a bunch af really talented people.

Strictly speaking, it wasn't Molyneux all alone. It was the mixture, the people at Bullfrog who made all these classics possible.

This comment was edited on Mar 7, 2012, 14:56.

News Comments > Mass Effect 3 Leaked
96. Re: Mass Effect 3 Leaked Mar 6, 2012, 01:58 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Mar 6, 2012, 00:44:
Fanboys really are the worst thing possible to happen to consumer rights...
This whole industry is centered around exploiting emotional addicted gamers. What do you expect?

News Comments > SimCity 5 Next Year?
9. Re: SimCity 5 Next Year? Mar 5, 2012, 02:08 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 5, 2012, 01:52:
If they just remake SC4 with better graphics and more content/features, it'll be great. Unfortunately, I'm not very confident they won't find a way to screw it up.
They already found a way: It's called DLC. SC5 will be THE perfect DLC trap for addicted gamers with low or none self control.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil
7. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Painkiller: Recurring Evil Mar 2, 2012, 05:05 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 2, 2012, 00:30:
Do the industry a favor and DO NOT support this crap.
The "professional" devs they hired, forgot to put the menu for video options in the game. The "professional" devs they hired, just made the same boring crap like in the last two addons. Small maps, lots of unimaginative monster spwaning, no regard for map style or atmosphere, just *spawn**spawn**spawn**spawn**spawn* until you reached the end of map 5 and the end of this game. Horrible!

This comment was edited on Mar 2, 2012, 05:10.

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed?
23. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 08:37 Kajetan

JayDeath wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 08:31:
I found simcity 4 to be extremely difficult. There seemed to be way too much micromanagement and I could never get a thriving city going. I thought simcity 3000 was the better game.
Still playing SimCity 2000. IMHO the best combination of accessibility and gameplay depth. I never got warm with SC3000 and SC4 i totally passed. Too much work, too less a game i want to play in my leisure time.

News Comments > Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff
33. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Feb 29, 2012, 18:48 Kajetan

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 18:29:
But but! if the 1% just pays a "little" more when they already pay the majority of taxes to begin with the US's debt will magically go away!
It will help to stop its growth! It will strengthen the US single market, reducing the amount of cash flowing out of the country by financing better infrastructure, better schooling and education, by strengthening the majority of the middle class, not only a few selected rich.

While we keep handing welfare out to the bottom that doesn't pay taxes at all while continuing to spit out hellspawn for more moniesz!!
From what should these people pay taxes? From their welfare? Or from all those jobs that are created elsewhere in the world?

/liberal logic or more accurately lack of logic.
Decades ago, the GOP seemed to understand basic principles of economic systems. Nowadays, they just shout that everyone else is a looney, hoping to cover up the abysmal lack of knowledge how to run an economy in a world, where things have changed drastically.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
51. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 11:09 Kajetan

... delete me, please ...  

50. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 11:09 Kajetan

Agrajag wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:25:
IF they really were Doom4 shots, then yeah I'd be kind of worried as well, since they don't have any Doom feel to them whatsoever...
What should a screenshot have to look like to arouse any "Doom feeling"?

Those suburban maps could fit in the early city/factory maps of Doom 2, the more hellish maps, well, they do fit as well to a remake or reboot of Doom 2.

49. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 11:05 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:11:
I'm well aware of that. But what else are we supposed to go on?
Maybe we could simply, you know, say nothing? Because there isn't much to talk about?

1973 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 31.
< Newer [ 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo