Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity 5 Revealed?
23. Re: Sim City 5 Revealed? Mar 1, 2012, 08:37 Kajetan

JayDeath wrote on Mar 1, 2012, 08:31:
I found simcity 4 to be extremely difficult. There seemed to be way too much micromanagement and I could never get a thriving city going. I thought simcity 3000 was the better game.
Still playing SimCity 2000. IMHO the best combination of accessibility and gameplay depth. I never got warm with SC3000 and SC4 i totally passed. Too much work, too less a game i want to play in my leisure time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff
33. Re: Blizzard Cuts ~600 Staff Feb 29, 2012, 18:48 Kajetan

RollinThundr wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 18:29:
But but! if the 1% just pays a "little" more when they already pay the majority of taxes to begin with the US's debt will magically go away!
It will help to stop its growth! It will strengthen the US single market, reducing the amount of cash flowing out of the country by financing better infrastructure, better schooling and education, by strengthening the majority of the middle class, not only a few selected rich.

While we keep handing welfare out to the bottom that doesn't pay taxes at all while continuing to spit out hellspawn for more moniesz!!
From what should these people pay taxes? From their welfare? Or from all those jobs that are created elsewhere in the world?

/liberal logic or more accurately lack of logic.
Decades ago, the GOP seemed to understand basic principles of economic systems. Nowadays, they just shout that everyone else is a looney, hoping to cover up the abysmal lack of knowledge how to run an economy in a world, where things have changed drastically.

News Comments > DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied
51. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 11:09 Kajetan

... delete me, please ...  

50. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 11:09 Kajetan

Agrajag wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:25:
IF they really were Doom4 shots, then yeah I'd be kind of worried as well, since they don't have any Doom feel to them whatsoever...
What should a screenshot have to look like to arouse any "Doom feeling"?

Those suburban maps could fit in the early city/factory maps of Doom 2, the more hellish maps, well, they do fit as well to a remake or reboot of Doom 2.

49. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 11:05 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 10:11:
I'm well aware of that. But what else are we supposed to go on?
Maybe we could simply, you know, say nothing? Because there isn't much to talk about?

40. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 09:34 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Feb 29, 2012, 09:16:
If the final game bares any relation whatsoever to the images here ...
You DO know, that Doom 4 (if this are real screens) is deep in an early alpha stage, that we probably see only map mockups for testing art design guide lines? "We suggest this map has this suburban style. And then, more hell influence can look like this."

There is a reason publishers and devs fear such leaks. Too many people confuse these early samples with an actual, ready to be released game.

36. Re: DOOM 4 Screenshots? Cancellation Rumor Denied Feb 29, 2012, 08:57 Kajetan

Mad Max RW wrote on Feb 28, 2012, 22:29:
Furthermore, sales dropped off the planet after less than 2 weeks. They know they screwed up. Apologists can defend Rage all they want, but we have a disaster here bigger than Invisible War.
According to VGChartz, Rage was sold about 2.5 mio unit across all three major plattforms, only retail, no digital sales.

Which isn't bad. Sure, no CoD-like ultra success, but not bad at all.

News Comments > Hawken Gets $10M in Funding
13. Re: Hawken Gets $10M in Funding Feb 27, 2012, 16:42 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 16:33:
Are you intentionally misspelling "the" because you're referencing ten years ago and intentionally looking stupid in such ways was cool back then? You should probably stop, it no longer looks ironic or interesting.
I couldnt care less what you think is cool or interesting. I dont post to get your approval.

News Comments > Hawken Gets $10M in Funding
9. Re: Hawken Gets $10M in Funding Feb 27, 2012, 15:38 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Feb 27, 2012, 15:22:
*Sigh*

I'd pay full price for a single player 20 hour mech campaign. Looks like I won't get it from Hawken.
No, you wont. F2P and "downloadable content" and "virtual goods" are teh new shit. Ten years ago, Hawken might have become funding for a full blown MMO, because that was "teh new shit" then.

If you want a pure single player mech game, wait for a crowdfunding project which will cover that. If your game is financed through "traditional" investors, you loose all control, you have to make the game the investors want. And investors want always teh new shit, because thats "good".

News Comments > BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC
14. Re: BioWare Explains Mass Effect 3 Day One DLC Feb 24, 2012, 11:05 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 10:27:
ME3 won't be on Steam
Not right now, but later they will, after ME3 is not attractive anymore to lure potential customers to Origin.

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
4. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 09:56 Kajetan

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Feb 24, 2012, 09:37:
This is one of those games that I was originally excited about, but the more I learned about it the less interested I became. I'm at the point now where I feel like I probably won't bother with this.
Reminds of Dragon Age, which was TEH GAME for me until EA announced Securom DRM, backed down from it, introduced online DLC and EA accounts, released trailers with boring high school rock music and tons of pixel blood and nippels and ... i simply forgot this game until i stumbled upon it during a Steam sale.

Same happened to Diablo 3. One day i will probably play it, maybe i will even pay a low budget price, but it's just a game, not THE GAME anymore.

Its good to free oneself from the shackles of the "Must Have" marketing hype

News Comments > Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears
1. Re: Diablo III Launch Date Announcement Nears Feb 24, 2012, 09:37 Kajetan

"Nothing could be further from the truth."

Yupp. There is no Diablo 3. Never was. Never will be.

News Comments > DMS ♥s Steam
6. Re: DMS &#9829;s Steam Feb 23, 2012, 10:27 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Feb 23, 2012, 10:17:
BUT PC GAMING IS DEAD, RITE?
Major publisher are dead. Soon!

News Comments > Sins of a Dark Age Announced
1. Re: Sins of a Dark Age Announced Feb 21, 2012, 17:07 Kajetan

It's nice that i am free to not play this Free to Play title  

News Comments > PC Alan Wake Breaks Even
8. Re: PC Alan Wake Breaks Even Feb 20, 2012, 11:29 Kajetan

Spektr wrote on Feb 20, 2012, 11:17:
Wow. Maybe some people are going to make Pc games again?
At the end of the current consle generation more companies will make more PC versions until the new console generation requires the usual marketing shitstorm, when suddenly it is no longer POSSIBLE to earn one single fucking cent with PC games and therefore you HAVE TO buy this shiny new console where all the cool games are.

Sometimes, i am so tired of this bullshit that i'm looking for a new hobby which doesn't involve multibillion dollar companies and their marketing lies.

News Comments > Double Fine Adventure Platforms & More Details Revealed
7. Re: Double Fine Adventure Platforms & More Details Revealed Feb 16, 2012, 01:53 Kajetan

reisub wrote on Feb 15, 2012, 21:56:
Can I travel back in time and visit Ion Storm? That would be fun.
Fun like watching the Titanic sink live and in color?

News Comments > Steam Breach Follow-up
18. Re: Steam Breach Follow-up Feb 11, 2012, 02:56 Kajetan

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Feb 11, 2012, 00:21:
Yep. More than once I've gotten a authentication codes out of the blue too. I just cycle through a new set of passwords when it happens and go on my way just to be extra paranoid about it.
I have a Steam username which is a quite popular surname in a few countries. I get notifications and attempted password resets all the time.

But I'm guessing that it's them hoping for no steamguard.
I do not use SteamGuard. I change passwords on a regular basis.

News Comments > Double Fine Campaign Update
6. Re: Double Fine Campaign Update Feb 10, 2012, 11:23 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 11:15:
But hopefully this opens the door a bit wider.
Yup. "Crowdfunding" is not the easy way to get rich quick. And its not THE solution of everything which is wrong in our economy. But its a step in the right direction, making creative people a little bit more independent, democratizing the way products are financed/developed.

News Comments > U.S. Retail Video Game Sales Down 34% in January
13. Re: U.S. Retail Video Game Sales Down 34% in January Feb 10, 2012, 04:12 Kajetan

Agent.X7 wrote on Feb 10, 2012, 02:34:
Derp. What did you release in January, again? Isn't that traditionally when you expect sales to slump? Ya know, because of the glut of spending on that holiday that just occurred?
They are NOT comparing sales from January to December. They compare sales from January 2011 to January 2010. As they always do with these comparisons. Always the same month of the last year, NOT the month before.

News Comments > Double Fine Crowdsourcing
11. Re: Double Fine Crowdsourcing Feb 9, 2012, 13:04 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Feb 9, 2012, 11:26:
I think everyone reasonable can agree the traditional publishing model is now reaching the point of absurdity when a company can somehow manage to sell a million copies of a title and not make a profit.
Just look at EA. A revenue of billions of dollars a year, no profit at all for years.

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 29.
< Newer [ 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo