Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

News Comments > EU to Allow Digital Software Resales?
58. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 19:30 Kajetan

Slashman wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 18:15:
You think a small indie could put out a Just Cause 2 or Skyrim? I'd like to see the 15-man team that could manage that.
Hehe, perfect examples ... i dont like the Just Cause games and Bethesda RPGs i find boring since "Arena"

But when i look at a RPG like "The Witcher", with very high production values, but made for a considerably small budget ... i dont need the majors to get games, which play AND look well. Really, Ubi and EA and ActiBlizz can go to hell. Video gaming will not only survive, but profit from this change in the long run.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 17:50 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 17:00:
So, most publishers are really struggling these days, and once the COD and WoW fascination wears off in a couple of years, Acti-Blizz will be too.
Good to hear. THIS part of the industry i gladly like to go away and vanish for good.

44. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 16:23 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 16:13:
Who the fuck is gonna press New?
All those people who buy new games for fullprice to "support" their holy devs?

Then let the publishers have a holdback period on reselling new games for ... a month? Can you live with that? Since the majority off all revenue is generated in the first few weeks, this should be enough to calm their fears.

41. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 16:18 Kajetan

SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 16:08:
I understand the troubles one can have with Gamestops business practices. But really, the solution to that is to prevent any re-selling at all? Why not just buy Gamestop and have their share of profits.

Videogame publishers (and some devs) are just stupid. The only thing they come up with is once again: Make the life of the customer more miserable! But looking at the majority of the customers publisher have ... well, they deserve it. The emotional dependancy on games is strong enough that publishers can do ANYTHING and still make billions.

38. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 16:02 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 15:57:
To those people I would ask: Where does the developer or publisher make their money in this utopia?
From selling games like they do now.

I am baffled by the level of paranoia and hysteria regarding used games or reselling games. There is a distinct lack of simple economic understanding fueling this paranoia. Used sale are natural part of the videogame industry since its humble beginnings and now, suddenly its worse than piracy? Come on ...

32. Re: EU to Allow Digital Software Resales? Jul 3, 2012, 15:40 Kajetan

D_K_night wrote on Jul 3, 2012, 15:29:
So by this EU ruling, I should then be able to to decouple that Batman license from my Steam profile, and transfer the game over to you, correct?
Yes, this is correct. But unfortunately, this ruling comes without an obligation for companies to get rid of DRM aspects preventing this trade. It just says: You, the customer, are allowed to resell the software you just legally downloaded from the internet. It lacks the second part: And you, the company selling these licences, have not the right to prevent that.

Not perfect, but its a start.

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves LucasArts
4. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves LucasArts Jun 29, 2012, 16:31 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jun 29, 2012, 16:26:
They're still around?
Only the name. George Lucas bought this company after he heard they have the same name. He then drove out all people who were able to make excellent games, only to be replaced with some clones and dark jedi, churning out one boring new trilogy SW game after another.

News Comments > Expendables 2 Game Announced
10. Re: Expendables 2 Game Announced Jun 29, 2012, 03:41 Kajetan

Panickd wrote on Jun 28, 2012, 20:31:
Wait, what? Was there an "Expendables" 1 game?
No, but there was this: http://www.gog.com/gamecard/expendable
Very entertaining arcade shooter.

News Comments > Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear
31. Re: Diablo III Patch Reduces Item Wear Jun 27, 2012, 06:42 Kajetan

Julio wrote on Jun 27, 2012, 06:35:
I'm sure the player base is dropping like flies, and Diablo 4 is going to be a tough sell.
If the AH proves to generate a solid revenue stream ... there will be no D4. Blizz will add new content to D3, will update the client, will update the graphics. There is no need for a D4 as long as the AH makes enough money.

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
15. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 25, 2012, 11:26 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 25, 2012, 10:01:
Bullshit. Combat in Skyrim or KoA is way more fleshed out and polished and much deeper than the combat in Risen 2 since you actually need to use a much larger variety of skills and equipment etc.
I can't say much about Skyrim, but the combat in KoA isn't THAT complex.

But it's very satisfying to look at. The animation is gorgeous, the effects are neat. And compared to Risen 2, there is a constant flow in kicking, bashing, mauling, casting, poisoning or shooting your opponent to death. You really have the illusion you've done and achieved something when some giant troll finally slams into the ground. Blamm, GOT YA! HAH! The combat presentation is the only reason i finished KoA.

In Risen 2, you just click to the point where the enemy is registered dead by the game code. So boring!

News Comments > Risen 2 Demo
11. Re: Risen 2 Demo Jun 25, 2012, 01:53 Kajetan

Bet wrote on Jun 24, 2012, 22:11:
And the three sets of on-disc DLC!
Which were unlockable with a simple change in the config files ... don't know if it still works after the latest patch, but this was a nice little desaster

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
74. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 10:19 Kajetan

pagb wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 10:09:
All the haters... all the rage...

BUY IT ELSEWHERE INSTEAD OF BATTLE.NET!

Problem solved.

EDIT: It'll also be cheaper
Says the emotionally addicted gamer. "Just don't provoke him, then he will not slap me. If he does, it's all my fault. All is well, i stand by my man! Oh, how i love him! Til my death will part us."

News Comments > Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition
70. Re: Digital Diablo III Now Spends 72 Hours as Starter Edition Jun 22, 2012, 10:02 Kajetan

Asmodai wrote on Jun 22, 2012, 09:55:
It's irrational, it's paying to be raped up the ass and claiming to enjoy it.
People are emotionally addicted to some games. They KNOW the company assfucks them with a bloddy nail stick. They KNOW they are being constantly raped and treated like shit. Their reasoning is intact, but still ... they are not able to do anything about it. Because they are addicted. And more and more gaming companies exploit this addiction to the extreme.

News Comments > RAGE DLC Plans?
5. Re: RAGE DLC Plans? Jun 19, 2012, 11:16 Kajetan

Quboid wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 11:06:
Does anyone know how well it sold, on different platforms?
According to VGChartz, around 2.5 Mio on 360 and PS3. And i guess about 1 Mio. on the PC through Steam and other digital outlets. Which isn't THAT bad at all. But considering that EA isn't interested in a successor to Bulletstorm with roughly the same numbers, Beth is probably not very pleased.

News Comments > Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher
20. Re: Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher Jun 19, 2012, 10:18 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jun 19, 2012, 09:47:
Oh my stars and garters, people! Marketing speak in gaming should be a second language for you by now.
It sure is. But we will see. And we will pat you on the shoulder, saying Cutter was right as usual ... when Cyberpunk becomes the typical CoD for people, who dont like those complicated ArrrPeeGees, when Cyberpunk becomes a game like Dragon Age 2.

Only then ...

Personally, i expect nothing. I don't even wait. When its released i will play it and if its good i will buy it. Until then, i just ignore it.

News Comments > Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher
17. Re: Cyberpunk Learns Learning from The Witcher Jun 19, 2012, 04:22 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jun 18, 2012, 19:51:
So in other words they're dumbing it down for the masses for more sales.
There is a difference between "Explaining something better, to keep complexity high" and "Making everything dumber, so you dont have to explain that much."

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire
42. Re: Max Payne 3 Sales Pale Versus L.A. Noire Jun 16, 2012, 09:11 Kajetan

Max Payne 2 was a commercial failure, the franchise is not popular enough to be a revenue top dog, unlike Hitman or Tomb Raider. Rockstar should be glad if MP3 makes enough money to cover development and marketing costs.

"Max Payne" would be a perfect example for a Kickstarter campaign. A low profile, dirty, gritty, not mass compatible re-imagination of the first game. A small team, low dev costs and a dedicated fan niche. This would be successful. Making a blown out AAA monster for a franchise which was nearly forgotten by the majority of customers? Stupid idea.

This comment was edited on Jun 16, 2012, 09:16.

News Comments > Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts
21. Re: Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts Jun 15, 2012, 13:52 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 09:23:
You mean crowdfunding. Crowdsourcing is entirely different and I'll say flat-out it will never work for anything artistic that needs coherency.
ehhh ... yes, sry

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
42. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 08:02 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 07:53:
Kajetan wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 06:22:
Heck, they might just re-activate the Neverwinter or Baldurs Gate franchise to make a good buck with mass appeal fantasy action games for the console market.

Uh... I don't think they can. BG was Published under Interplay, which had the D&D license, and NWN was published under Atari, who still has the D&D license. Since EA absorbed Bioware, that was all she wrote for any D&D IP made by Bioware.

As for the "Neverwinter MMO" by Cryptic / Perfect World... Cryptic was under Atari before being sold off to Perfect World... so apparently the license for that game was part of the deal.
Ahh, you're right. Then Bioware is DOOOOOOOMED!! *muhahahahaha* *cape swinging* *fist shaking*

News Comments > Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts
13. Re: Diablo III Tops U.S. Charts Jun 15, 2012, 07:31 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 23:39:
So predictable, yet so old and tired.
Yepp. There is a reason that crowdsourcing for games is establishing itself as a viable alternative. There are a lot of people the industry doesn't cater anymore, because their tastes and preferences don't fit in the mass market or isn't part of the annual "THE NEXT BIG SHIT" hype.

Let the traditional gaming industry prosper or burn. Let the hypes come and go. I dont care anymore. Now i have to opportunity to directly finance the games i want to play. I am content and at peace.

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 28.
< Newer [ 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo