Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1962 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Revealed
11. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 04:02 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 03:41:
I beg to differ, everyone and their mother has heard of Tie Fighter by now.
There is a difference between "has heard of" and "wants to play". I have heard many things of Zynga games like Farmville, but boy, do i have no interest in playing this kind of game at all.

That said ... to get the money of LucasArts newest target group, you have to rape and twist Tie Fighter into a simple action-arcade game.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Revealed
5. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 01:52 Kajetan

Rigs wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 01:45:
Why is it the games we want most are the games no one wants to make?!
Because "we" are not enough. "We" are too small a group for a publisher like LucasArts who wants to sell bazillions of games to the biggest target group. Which isn't "us".

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
30. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 13:53 Kajetan

RailWizard wrote on May 30, 2012, 13:24:
Mr. Tact wrote on May 30, 2012, 13:18:
Loved 1 & 2 -- 3 was disappointing enough that I didn't get the expansion. I'll think about it...

There was an expansion? lol really?

edit: ah yes, look at that. Completely missed that or don't care enough to remember.
Try it. The addon is way better than the main game. Better gameplay flow. Less boring and predictable "horror" moments, better timing and scripting.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced
13. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Announced May 30, 2012, 11:50 Kajetan

MajorD wrote on May 30, 2012, 11:28:
I could be way off base here, but my personal observation/opinion, for whatever that is worth, is that Tim Willits is the major problem with idís lack of creativity and ingenuity.
Why him? Because he is (was) just a good level designer without the proper talent for producing/directing (!) games people expect from id Software?

Hmmm, you might be right ...

News Comments > CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease
21. Re: CD Projekt RED's RPG Tease May 30, 2012, 04:03 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on May 29, 2012, 23:54:
New Vegas isn't cyberpunk.
But there are no elves and orks

News Comments > Crysis 2 Steam Crisis Ends
19. Re: Crysis 2 Steam Crisis Ends May 30, 2012, 02:06 Kajetan

Does this still require activation with Origin like the Alice game?  

News Comments > Op Ed
47. Re: Op Ed May 29, 2012, 07:22 Kajetan

Lord Tea wrote on May 29, 2012, 03:16:
Also: if that was the case every copy of D3 would stop working the minute Blizzard decided to drop support for D3 (e.g. because they go out of business for what reason ever). No data-streaming server, no game! So cool!
Blizzard has no interest in culture or society. They dont care if you can play D3 in 20 years or not. They make D3 to make millions of bucks NOW. They make games for people who see in games nothing more than a short distraction from every day life.

Which is ok. I find it very amusing that these kind if games will vanish from history. Nobody will talk about D3 in 20, 30 years. They will talk about Diablo 1 or 2. They will talk about other Diablo clones. But D3 will be forgotten, only known to some experts in gaming history.

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: ahuh? May 27, 2012, 07:50 Kajetan

Prez wrote on May 27, 2012, 06:56:
You don't have to be the owner of a high end card to still be all about the eye candy.
Yepp. Because the graphical progress is slowing down so much, most people need captions to distinguish DX9 to DX10 to DX11 screenshots. Yes, there is progress. But it's only in details. Details only people can recognize who have the knowledge.

As someone in the idustry has said a few months ago, concerning the upcoming console generation: Graphics are good enough for most people. Graphic is no longer the motor that drives sales, the main factor people buy a game. If it were otherwise the rise of the indies had not happened.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed May 26, 2012, 15:48 Kajetan

PropheT wrote on May 26, 2012, 14:50:
Indie games are cheap and fun alternatives to full price games, but 99% of them don't, can't, and aren't intended to compete with those full priced games anyway.
"Because people don't care as much about pretty graphics and realistic voice-overs as they did five years ago"

News Comments > Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches
15. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 09:50 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 25, 2012, 08:33:
Yeah but wouldnt it be cool if we had a 'real' C&C game in a F2P browser environment with the dynamic map and all that shit included as a strategic element, but the actual gameplay would be a carbon copy of C&C Tiberum Dawn?
That would be cool indeed. But there is no effin way we will get this officially from EA.

But there is a HTML5 demo using C&C1:
http://www.adityaravishankar.com/projects/games/command-and-conquer/

News Comments > Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches
12. Re: Command and Conquer Tiberium Alliances Launches May 25, 2012, 08:10 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 25, 2012, 04:38:
Well id software pulled it off with Quake Online...
Quake Online is nothing more than Quake in a browser. It's still an ultrafast ego shooter. The gameplay was not altered.

This crap however is only your standard browser building game, where you are forced to buy points/ressources/whatever to play the game without waiting for days just to have enough ressources to buy one advanced building or one advanced unit. The C&C universe is just a setting, nothing more. The same game was called "Lords of Ultima", where EA slaughtered the Ultima brand for the exact same boring building/waiting gameplay.

News Comments > Diablo III Hacking?
6. Re: Diablo III Hacking? May 21, 2012, 11:57 Kajetan

I can play Diablo 2 - SP without any server problems, fear of security breaches and hacks. But hey, "always on" is the future! May be for some people, but not for me  

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
2. Re: Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive May 19, 2012, 11:18 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on May 19, 2012, 11:11:
Still, hopefully everyone gets the game on every distribution platform except Origin, this way maybe EA gets the hint that nobody cares about their shitty distribution service.
People get used to Steam. Why shouldnt they get used to Origin?

News Comments > 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash
16. Re: 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash May 17, 2012, 10:33 Kajetan

Mingus wrote on May 17, 2012, 10:13:
It just does not work.
It does. You just have to do it right.

Supporting individual companies is stupid. Supporting a whole industry sector for a certain amount of time on the other hand, to kickstart new business models, is not a bad thing.

News Comments > 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash
9. Re: 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash May 17, 2012, 05:07 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 17, 2012, 03:50:
What the hell did they spend money on to lose $75m?
Big names require big paychecks. RA Salvatore doesnt come cheap, even if he does some very cheap work on KoA. And having much money to begin with leads to spending too much money on unimportant stuff, spending too much money on management, spending too much money on creating assets with no or little importance to the game itself.

Why are indie games often more fun than their triple A brethrens the majors churn out? Because their creators dont have much money, so that every pixel, every game mechanic, every bit has to count. Look at Grimrock. This game has only a limited set of sounds and textures, a limited set of features, but EVERYTHING helps perfectly in creating a fun and engaging game.

Budget limitations are good for creativity

News Comments > The Old Republic Free Weekend
12. Re: Pfffftttt!!! May 16, 2012, 02:06 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on May 16, 2012, 01:40:
Yeah, the timing is rather poor. Then again, the entire decision to make TOR instead of KOTOR3 was a poor decision as well.
But, but ... A MMO! Make MMO ... collect CASH!! Please, mom? Can i make a MMO?

News Comments > 38 Studios in Financial Trouble?
24. Re: 38 Studios in Financial Trouble? May 15, 2012, 09:20 Kajetan

SXO wrote on May 15, 2012, 09:04:
Don't be surprised if the Warhammer 40k MMO recently announced to being switching gears into a SP game feels exactly the same way.
I would gladly pay full retail price for World of Warcraft SP game. Last week i watched the Southpark episode again and felt such a surge to play WoW again ... than i remembered that i have to rent a certain amount of game time and the surge dissappeared quickly.

News Comments > 38 Studios in Financial Trouble?
20. Re: 38 Studios in Financial Trouble? May 15, 2012, 07:24 Kajetan

spindoctor wrote on May 15, 2012, 06:40:
I'd hate an industry where new studios can't succeed and the RPG genre gets left to only a handful of major companies like the above mentioned ones.
You can compete. Make a small game at first. Then, if the first game was a success, make a bigger game. And so on. Until you also can spend quadrupel of billions of dollars on facial animation or the polishing of the Save/Load-Screen.

38Studios tried to compete with the big players with a very expensive and somewhat boring and mediocre game. Not the smartest move ... compared to companies like CD Project. Who now are on the same production level as Bioware etc. and still dont have to spend dozens of millions.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Nexuiz for PC
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Nexuiz for PC May 11, 2012, 05:30 Kajetan

yuastnav wrote on May 11, 2012, 02:20:
... what the hell?
Nexuiz was quite popular and someone thought he could cash in for a few quick bucks.

News Comments > Wolfenstein 3D Freebies
1. Re: Wolfenstein 3D Freebies May 9, 2012, 11:07 Kajetan

"Sorry, your IP address shows you are coming from a country that requires us to block access to this particular site."

Proxy-Server Man, help us!

1962 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 27.
< Newer [ 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo