Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1962 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
38. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 06:54 Kajetan

Jonny wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 06:39:
Hell, maybe in fifteen years time we'll all be bitching about the new EA online content delivery system, Bioware.
I spilled my coffee! Nice one

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > The Old Republic Lead Designer: "We Are Looking At Free-to-Play"
36. Re: The Old Republic Lead Designer: Jun 15, 2012, 06:22 Kajetan

Jonny wrote on Jun 15, 2012, 05:47:
I'd personally prefer it if they stripped the MMO shit out, repackaged it as a singleplayer game with co-op and sold mini expansions.
There is the possibility that EA closes Bioware, making an EA Edmonton with the remaining staff and just do Dragon Ages, Mass Effect-Prequels and KOTORs till the end of time. Heck, they might just re-activate the Neverwinter or Baldurs Gate franchise to make a good buck with mass appeal fantasy action games for the console market.

It's free of risk, people will buy that. Even a Dragon Age 2 wasn't a commercial flop, it made its fair share of money.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VI Adventure Pack Next Month
4. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VI Adventure Pack Next Month Jun 14, 2012, 15:42 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 15:18:
Would be nice if this was on Steam.
erm ... http://store.steampowered.com/app/48220

And on sale for $9.99. (The full game)
Have patience, little grasshopper.

News Comments > etc., etc.
18. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2012, 08:20 Kajetan

Trainwreck wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 08:00:
At what point did this become "cool"? Or even tolerable?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_Getting_Old

Its not about those specific things, its about how we percieve them. When i was at school, we played games on the C64 like "Beachhead" (where you could maul some enemies with the tracks of your tank). HILARIOUS! Or the infamous "KZ Manager", a simple Wi-Sim, but not with zoo animals but with jews and poison chambers. HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!

When you get older, you mature (sometimes) mentally. Things, which were fun and entertaining in your youth, are now nothing more than crap. Boring crap, horrible crap, disgusting crap. The society hasn't changed much, you changed. A lot!

News Comments > etc., etc.
16. Re: etc., etc. Jun 14, 2012, 07:21 Kajetan

Trainwreck wrote on Jun 14, 2012, 06:51:
I just wish the AAA industry could understand that.
As long as the majors sell games for immature jerks like hotcakes ... never gonna happen. The "AAA industry" does the equivalent of a Transformer movie. Expensive, polished to the extreme. And made for people, who give a damn about subtext, subtlety and maturity. Who just want "SPLOSIONS!!" and tits.

First thing every Tomb Raider game gets after release? A nude mod. How many young boys and adults tried desperately to activate the infamous "nude cheat" for TR1? AAA games are made for those people.

News Comments > "38 Studios Spouse" Speaks
10. Re: Jun 13, 2012, 15:13 Kajetan

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2012/06/04/what-happened-to-38-studios/

Nice, informative read. Sums up, what went wrong at 38 Studios.

News Comments > Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend
15. Re: Battlefield 3 Double XP Weekend Jun 13, 2012, 10:11 Kajetan

Jackplug wrote on Jun 13, 2012, 09:27:
Give community the map editor and you will see dozens of maps in that same period!
A map editor? So that people can make free stuff? Are you crazy?

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
42. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 04:53 Kajetan

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 12, 2012, 02:41:
I really don't understand what they're trying to do with this game, aside from making assloads of money. Maybe that's the only point to the whole thing?
Thats the whole thing of every game published. To make the devs and/or investors money. Which isn't a bad thing per se.

But there are different levels of making money. You can pursue a fair trade, where everyone profits or you are just greedy, fucking everyone left and right in the pursuit of making as much money as humanly possible. Guess, what strategy Blizzard is apparently following with Diablo 3 ...

News Comments > Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items
41. Re: Diablo III Asia Downtime to Remove Duped Items Jun 12, 2012, 04:44 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 22:14:
... but I know there is much room for improvement both from Blizzard and with the game and I think that will start with 1.03.
Ahhh, the magical patch that will fix EVERYTHING!
Last time i heard that, it came from desperate Hellgate-London fans

This comment was edited on Jun 12, 2012, 04:53.

News Comments > Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator
71. Re: Diablo III Item Duping Hotfixed? RMAH to Require Authenticator Jun 11, 2012, 16:26 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 11, 2012, 16:23:
You cannot fault Blizzard for this move.
But for NOT MENTIONING IT BEFORE THE RELEASE!

News Comments > Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play
45. Re: Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play Jun 9, 2012, 06:05 Kajetan

yuastnav wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 06:02:
On the other hand F2P games are also good for people who do not have much time to play.
Sure. But the company does not need people like you. It needs customers to make money. Which is only possible with people who spend money.

News Comments > Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play
42. Re: Crytek Going Entirely Free-to-Play Jun 9, 2012, 04:27 Kajetan

netnerd85 wrote on Jun 9, 2012, 03:33:
Morally corrupt business model.
It is. F2P is a scam. To be profitable, the game has to trick you, lure you into spending money. Its completely intransparent, how much money this game will cost you. This business model feeds on weak minded gamers. Yes, its morally corrupt.

And therefore fits to Crytek like a glove!

News Comments > Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage
3. Re: Bethesda Still Wants RAGE to be All the Rage Jun 8, 2012, 11:11 Kajetan

Is Rage finally out? I heard, a very early beta was leaked last year ...  

News Comments > Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale?
26. Re: Vivendi to Discuss Activision Sale? Jun 8, 2012, 05:21 Kajetan

Arithon wrote on Jun 8, 2012, 05:11:
Now the end of the milk run is in sight and the other farmers are gettin' cold feet...
Where is this end, thou speakest of? WoW is still not only the biggest MMO, it is still THE biggest MMO. Other companies are glad they would have those numbers WoW lost as paying customers. And CoD sells like hotcakes with no sign of diminishing revenue.

This comment was edited on Jun 8, 2012, 06:54.

News Comments > 38 Studios Bankrupt; FBI Investigating
30. Re: 38 Studios Bankrupt; FBI Investigating Jun 7, 2012, 18:52 Kajetan

Teddy wrote on Jun 7, 2012, 18:30:
THEY caused their company to default by spending money stupidly and expecting huge sales on a title no one cared about, released in the same window as the kingpin of the genre.
To be precise ... they sold the SP game project for 35 mio. to EA, all revenue from KoA went to EA, nothing went to 38 Studios. They wasted this money on their MMO project, still years away from releasing it. They made some very bad management and investment descisions. And yes, it's ALL THEIR fault.

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC
19. Re: Peter Molyneux's $78K DLC Jun 7, 2012, 11:02 Kajetan

"Honest, believe me, this is not a money-making exercise ... "

... says the snake oil salesman.

News Comments > Dark Souls PC Port Issues
32. Re: Dark Souls PC Port Issues Jun 7, 2012, 04:45 Kajetan

PHJF wrote on Jun 6, 2012, 22:38:
A rushed, console port with no PC advantages...who would want that?

Well in this case it's the only chance somebody without a PS3 is going to have to play the game. Have you never used an emulator to play a game for a system you don't own? I've experienced plenty of games that way.
Sure. But why would someone buy (!) a rushed console port with no PC advantages for full retail price? This seems to be a candidate for future Steam sale around five bucks or less. Or to download the warez version just for 30 minutes of "experience".

But at least the devs were honest. I appreciate that. Isnt' very common in this business.

News Comments > Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced
2. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Announced Jun 5, 2012, 02:03 Kajetan

ViRGE wrote on Jun 5, 2012, 01:15:
I hate to sound crass, but if it isn't by People Can Fly no one gives a damn.
The Painkiller franchise was burned and wasted with too many horrible, cheaply produced "addon" crap.

News Comments > Star Wars 1313 Revealed
14. Re: Star Wars 1313 Revealed Jun 1, 2012, 05:39 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 04:45:
Thats the beauty of gaming these days, no you dont!
You have to ... if you want the money from the masses.

Basically if you have a good marketing campaign with some good CGI and the full weight of a Star Wars licence behind you you can sell 1 million pre-orders without breaking a sweat! Its paradoxical, but it also happens to be true. Why do you think so many developers get away with basically taking a huge fucking dump in a retail box and still make a buck??? It can also work the other way around, making a good game, selling it to break even and then letting the game's quality do all the marketing work for you.
I couldn't agree more But top managers of major publishers, especially managers at LucasArts, don't think that way because they are not forced to do so. Business still works that classical Triple A retail way.

News Comments > New AMD/ATI Catalyst Beta - Monthly Driver Releases Ending
11. Re: New AMD/ATI Catalyst Beta - Monthly Driver Releases Ending Jun 1, 2012, 04:16 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jun 1, 2012, 03:12:
This x 1000. ATI's driver support has been terrible as of late.
As of late? This seems permanent. Three years ago i really wanted to have an ATI card after NVidia shafted me with their product policy regarding mainboards. And because ATI cards are WAY better hardware.

After a month of trying out several driver versions i was forced to trade my ATI card in for a NVidia card, to get my games in working order again. ATI makes excellent hardware, i still want to have one. But their drivers are crap, utter crap compared to Nvidia. There i have only minor issues with for example aspect ratio settings in some releases. But all games work perfectly as they should. No graphical errors at all, no startup problems.

1962 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 26.
< Newer [ 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo