Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1890 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

News Comments > Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive
2. Re: Wasteland 2 NOT an Origin Exclusive May 19, 2012, 11:18 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on May 19, 2012, 11:11:
Still, hopefully everyone gets the game on every distribution platform except Origin, this way maybe EA gets the hint that nobody cares about their shitty distribution service.
People get used to Steam. Why shouldnt they get used to Origin?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash
16. Re: 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash May 17, 2012, 10:33 Kajetan

Mingus wrote on May 17, 2012, 10:13:
It just does not work.
It does. You just have to do it right.

Supporting individual companies is stupid. Supporting a whole industry sector for a certain amount of time on the other hand, to kickstart new business models, is not a bad thing.

News Comments > 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash
9. Re: 38 Studios Missed Payment; Asking for Cash May 17, 2012, 05:07 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on May 17, 2012, 03:50:
What the hell did they spend money on to lose $75m?
Big names require big paychecks. RA Salvatore doesnt come cheap, even if he does some very cheap work on KoA. And having much money to begin with leads to spending too much money on unimportant stuff, spending too much money on management, spending too much money on creating assets with no or little importance to the game itself.

Why are indie games often more fun than their triple A brethrens the majors churn out? Because their creators dont have much money, so that every pixel, every game mechanic, every bit has to count. Look at Grimrock. This game has only a limited set of sounds and textures, a limited set of features, but EVERYTHING helps perfectly in creating a fun and engaging game.

Budget limitations are good for creativity

News Comments > The Old Republic Free Weekend
12. Re: Pfffftttt!!! May 16, 2012, 02:06 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on May 16, 2012, 01:40:
Yeah, the timing is rather poor. Then again, the entire decision to make TOR instead of KOTOR3 was a poor decision as well.
But, but ... A MMO! Make MMO ... collect CASH!! Please, mom? Can i make a MMO?

News Comments > 38 Studios in Financial Trouble?
24. Re: 38 Studios in Financial Trouble? May 15, 2012, 09:20 Kajetan

SXO wrote on May 15, 2012, 09:04:
Don't be surprised if the Warhammer 40k MMO recently announced to being switching gears into a SP game feels exactly the same way.
I would gladly pay full retail price for World of Warcraft SP game. Last week i watched the Southpark episode again and felt such a surge to play WoW again ... than i remembered that i have to rent a certain amount of game time and the surge dissappeared quickly.

News Comments > 38 Studios in Financial Trouble?
20. Re: 38 Studios in Financial Trouble? May 15, 2012, 07:24 Kajetan

spindoctor wrote on May 15, 2012, 06:40:
I'd hate an industry where new studios can't succeed and the RPG genre gets left to only a handful of major companies like the above mentioned ones.
You can compete. Make a small game at first. Then, if the first game was a success, make a bigger game. And so on. Until you also can spend quadrupel of billions of dollars on facial animation or the polishing of the Save/Load-Screen.

38Studios tried to compete with the big players with a very expensive and somewhat boring and mediocre game. Not the smartest move ... compared to companies like CD Project. Who now are on the same production level as Bioware etc. and still dont have to spend dozens of millions.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Nexuiz for PC
4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Nexuiz for PC May 11, 2012, 05:30 Kajetan

yuastnav wrote on May 11, 2012, 02:20:
... what the hell?
Nexuiz was quite popular and someone thought he could cash in for a few quick bucks.

News Comments > Wolfenstein 3D Freebies
1. Re: Wolfenstein 3D Freebies May 9, 2012, 11:07 Kajetan

"Sorry, your IP address shows you are coming from a country that requires us to block access to this particular site."

Proxy-Server Man, help us!

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed May 8, 2012, 09:39 Kajetan

Verno wrote on May 8, 2012, 09:30:
If there is a bubble its due to people being silly with their money.
That is a "bubble". People being silly with their money

And if we learned one thing from all the burst bubbles of the last decades, people will keep on being silly with their money, because people are mostly stupid. Me included, having backed up four Kickstarter projects for way too much money. Three gaming projects, one non-gaming project. At least, it's somewhat ethical. I could have invested in weapons manufacturing or some oil company.

News Comments > The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons
49. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 09:04 Kajetan

Prez wrote on May 8, 2012, 08:48:
Hope that helps.
Yepp, thanks. Then it's much like WoW, where the majority of the content is solo-able, only instances require group play in the recommended level range. So, when SWTOR becomes F2P (sooner than WoW, thats for sure), i might spend a few hours with it.

Usually i dont play in a guild (anymore). I prefer the spontaneous contact with another player in the wilderness, helping each other out until you part ways again. No need for verbal group hugging, no need for constant chatting & greeting or "You cant go a business trip. Friday we have a raid planned!". And i like the effort some MMO designers put in the overall world design. I just go sightseeing, like a tourist on vacation, hammering the screenshot key, taking pictures

News Comments > League of Legends Bans
9. Re: League of Legends Bans May 8, 2012, 08:51 Kajetan

MrGrosser wrote on May 8, 2012, 08:26:
I guess of lot of it is truly what our society has become. Spoiled brats that get what they want and when they don't, they quit. AMURICA!
You just stumbled upon the usual range of idiots every society has. No need be become old and depressive

44. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 08:18 Kajetan

Prez wrote on May 8, 2012, 08:06:
All in all, seeing what a disaster this game turned out to be makes me even sadder that we didn't get a real sequel in the Knights of the Old Republic series.
Blizzard changed WoW to a fairly decent SP game. The day WoW becomes F2P, i will re-activate my account. How solo-friendly is SWTOR?

42. Re: The Old Republic Losing Subs; Gaining Add-ons May 8, 2012, 08:04 Kajetan

Veterator wrote on May 8, 2012, 07:42:
I haven't seen the combat aspects of it, ...
As far as i know, there is no "combat" in SL. It's just about creating stuff and having an avatar doing stuff.

News Comments > Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc?
20. Re: Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc? May 6, 2012, 17:10 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on May 6, 2012, 16:30:
I have no idea where your getting this info from, that's like saying the developer is responsible for choosing and implementing drm. Look your just looking for a excuse to emo-blame PB for some personal grudge go for it. Just pretending PB or any other HIRED/CONTRACTED developer makes sales, marketing, publishing, content and copy production is nonsense unless you have any credible info saying otherwise.
Boy, there's some funny fanboy ranting

Normaly, the publisher chooses the DRM, but it's the dev who implements it. Normaly, it's the publishers descision to offer additional DLC and it's the devs job to create and implement it. And normaly, PB is well known for releasing buggy games since Gothic 1.

And seeing this little disaster, everything is the way it should be with games from PB

News Comments > Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc?
12. Re: Risen 2 DLC Already on Disc? May 6, 2012, 15:25 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on May 6, 2012, 13:37:
Yeah, this sucks and I'm a PB fan(man? :p ) but in all honesty it's the publisher who calls the shots like this. Culprit? Deep Silver.
The publisher is responsible for the descision to offer DLC. The technical implementation however ...

News Comments > Official The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement
29. Re: Official The Elder Scrolls Online Announcement May 4, 2012, 06:38 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 4, 2012, 04:40:
Damn will they never learn??
No.

Beth is now part of Zenimax and therefore clueless investors have a major influence on the upcoming projects. And many investors in the gaming market still think that MMOs, now combined with the Ultimate Powers of F2P, is TEH BIG SHIT! I consider Skyrim the last TES-SP-only game from Beth.

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs May 4, 2012, 05:19 Kajetan

ForgedReality wrote on May 4, 2012, 03:12:
Don't worry. They're all old people who don't understand jack shit about technology. The current generation will be the ruling generation, and we understand these things. It won't last long.
And that's the way things change. Not because you can convince someone to change something, but because people with other opinions just die of old age until these "old" opinions are the minority. And then change happens.

News Comments > Op Ed
15. Re: Op Ed Apr 22, 2012, 05:15 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Apr 21, 2012, 20:06:
If you want to support a developer in the mainstream market, you have to buy it new in the first couple weeks of release. It sucks that the industry is set up that way, but that's just the reality of it.
Dont find it arkward when the customer has to support a flawed business model?

News Comments > Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL
26. Re: Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL Apr 17, 2012, 13:05 Kajetan

MajorD wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 12:57:
From what I have seen so far with Windows 8 and the whole Metro thing, it just looks flat and clunky IMO.
Metro is not that bad, if you are on a tablet, using your fingertips to navigate and start programs. Metro on the desktop is stupid, just utterly stupid.

News Comments > Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL
25. Re: Microsoft Not Dropping GFWL Apr 17, 2012, 13:01 Kajetan

MisterBenn wrote on Apr 17, 2012, 12:47:
You know that MS will come up with some "incentive" to upgrade, such as DirectX 12 only being available for Windows 8...
Which helped Vista soooo much.

1890 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 24.
< Newer [ 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo