Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Painkiller Hell & Damnation & DLC
3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Painkiller Hell & Damnation & DLC Nov 1, 2012, 07:41 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 07:20:
It seems that if you want to play the game with improved graphics, it's good, but if you want all the content and a more robust game, the original is still better.
If you have the original Painkiller or the Black Edition, there is really no "need" at all to buy this remake. Painkiller is no old DOS game with a 320x200 resolution and 256 colors. The graphical improvements are superficial, this remake looks like an UT3 total conversion with all its blurry shaders and vaseline full screen effects. Well, if you need that, then suit yourself. If not, just skip it.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Oct 30, 2012, 09:33 Kajetan

Electricity is overrated! I wish you a safe return to normality!  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors
22. Re: CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors Oct 29, 2012, 14:46 Kajetan

Slashman wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 11:43:
Do they want that? I have never gotten that impression. I also don't get how consoles are dead to them. It's all they ever talk about. They pay good lip service to the PC when it makes them look benevolent but that's it.
Sry, my bad. I meant to the investors consoles are dead, because this platform is no longer a growth platform. Earning a shitload of money is of no interest to them. All they care is the short term growth of their investment. So they will pull out after the new console generation probably will fail in generating enough revenue growth.

News Comments > CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors
19. Re: CD Projekt RED Plans/Rumors Oct 29, 2012, 10:53 Kajetan

Slashman wrote on Oct 29, 2012, 09:53:
Diversification sends them packing. It's better to bet on 3 or 4 massive 'AAA' titles a year, rather than to have 3 or 4 times that number of mid-budget titles across several genres. If it's not selling like CoD, it's not selling.
It's not like they do not want that. The majors cant go back anymore.

They have to deliver a huge revenue growth or else ... the investors will pull out. Which they will do anyway because the near hysterical growth rates of the recent decade cant be reproduced anymore. The market is saturated and no new console can change that. Sure, you can still make millions of dollars with console games, make a hefty profit, but there is no more additional growth. And therefore consoles are dead to them.

News Comments > Firefly HD Games Next Month
18. Re: Firefly HD Games Next Month Oct 27, 2012, 10:47 Kajetan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 26, 2012, 23:22:
Unfortunately, it absolutely will not play under Win 7 or on modern video cards.
The original release will not work, yes. But the GOG release seem to run without any problems.

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
41. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 25, 2012, 09:27 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 07:56:
I don't know why people keep blaming him for the mediocre games the rest of id keeps making with his engines.
Because he's the public face of id. Which is good for people like Willits or Todd Hollenshead, who are, in my opinion, mainly responsible for the downfall of id Software. A mediocre game designer and a mediocre business man.

News Comments > WoW Hotfixed; PTR Patch Notes; Free Character Moves
3. Re: WoW Hotfixed; PTR Patch Notes; Free Character Moves Oct 25, 2012, 07:00 Kajetan

ColoradoHoudini wrote on Oct 24, 2012, 23:13:
Such a difference a year or so makes. WoW threads get 0 comments, and Diablo 3 threads get 90% negative comments.
Thats because people know what to expect from WoW. Its WoW. There isnt much to discuss. Either you like or you dont like it.

But people expected D3 to be a more modern, prettier D2. Instead they got something which might be ok when the game was called something different than D3. They bitch.

News Comments > RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming
31. Re: RAGE Mod Tools Still Coming Oct 25, 2012, 06:55 Kajetan

edaciousx wrote on Oct 25, 2012, 05:43:
Did you know... call of duty is a super epic modified version of the quake 2 engine? Just like source.... super duper epic modified quake 2 engine.
No. Thats exaggerated. CoD and Source engine still contain code from Quake 2, yes. But only minor parts. Small, minor parts. The Source Engine for example is no Quake 2 fork, its an engine of its own because Valve hasn't "modified" the code, they have written a lot of NEW code. Those few lines of old code isn't enough to call them "modified"

News Comments > Blizzard Once Toyed with Diablo in Space
11. Re: Blizzard Once Toyed with Diablo in Space Oct 23, 2012, 10:48 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Oct 23, 2012, 10:25:
I'm still amazed Space Siege was even released at all.
Space Siege isn't THAT bad. It's just not very good

But when you switch on God mode, so you dont have to fight any longer with the horrible control scheme, it's quite enjoyable. But you have to ignore the story for that. Just run around, shoot things, let things explode, let exploding things fly through the ship. Nice physics system.

News Comments > Harvey Smith Interview
8. Re: Harvey Smith Interview Oct 18, 2012, 10:27 Kajetan

Pineapple Ferguson wrote on Oct 18, 2012, 09:42:
You know, I thought the only thing that was truly terrible about DX2 was the engine. Sure, it was a step down from the first, depth-wise, but if it wasn't for the tiny levels and long loading times, the game itself was not that bad.
True. And it didnt help that DX1 was such an amazing experience. DX2 wasnt a bad game at all, it was just a not so great sucessor to a behemoth of greatness.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
32. Re: Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition Oct 18, 2012, 04:15 Kajetan

hb3d wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 18:42:
Doom 3's gameplay was a victim of the PC technology of the time.
Thats a cheap excuse. When you compare the gameplay of Doom 3 with the gameplay of its addon ... Doom 3 was clearly a game design failure. They tried to do survival horror while holding on to traditional shooter elements, forcing the player to feel vulnerable with slow movement and weak weapons. Nerve just made a solid & fun shooter. With the same tech, for the same hardware base.

Heck, just play Doom 3 with some mods like duct tape & Doom classic weapon mods. Faster gameplay, satisfying combat. Good game.

News Comments > Firm Says Steam URLs Exploitable
4. Re: Firm Says Steam URLs Exploitable Oct 17, 2012, 11:40 Kajetan

descender wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 11:32:
I'm not even sure of the concern here.
Steam-URLs can contain code to damage or manipulate the Steam client. This is no minor problem.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - DOOM 3: BFG Edition
17. Re: Don't forget Steam and P2P Multiplayer only. Oct 17, 2012, 04:48 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Oct 17, 2012, 04:27:
As an aside, I thought the Resurrection of Evil expansion was better than the core game. At the very least, the final boss was much better.
The addon was overall a far better experience. Monster placements, level design, gameplay mechanics, gameplay speed. RoE felt like a good shooter, not this overused, forced (and therefore quickly boring) "survival horror gameplay" of Doom 3.

News Comments > Prey 2 "In Limbo"
7. Re: Prey 2 Oct 16, 2012, 01:57 Kajetan

Wildone wrote on Oct 16, 2012, 01:26:
FUCK THIS lets have another MW3 YAWWW!!!!!!
As if Prey 2 is soooooo original. They canned everything which made Prey 1 so refreshing and replaced it with some standard shooter elements.

News Comments > No Terraforming in SimCity
22. Re: No Terraforming in SimCity Oct 12, 2012, 01:24 Kajetan

gradbot wrote on Oct 11, 2012, 22:02:
You can make private online regions which allows you to play by yourself.
You dont understand. When playing a SP game there has to be no need to be online to play a SP game. Thats why many people have no interest in Diablo 3 with its fake SP mode. Constant online connections for SP games are just stupid.

Even Ubisoft has recognized this and has reduced its DRM to a single online activation.

I don't get why people cry about always having to be online.
And there is your problem. You dont get it!

News Comments > WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed
3. Re: WoW Toon Genocide Hotfixed Oct 8, 2012, 10:32 Kajetan

Alamar wrote on Oct 8, 2012, 10:26:
Makes me wonder... Is this a bug that's been around and someone just decided to have fun... Or maybe it's not that complicated...
Its not really complicated ... as far as we know, just an exploit to mass use certain GM commands like "kill player/objekt/npc".

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare
5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Lead Leaves BioWare Oct 4, 2012, 11:19 Kajetan

"When 90% of the industry is saying the exact same thing (social, mobile, FTP!) a huge number of people are going to lose that race."

I remember when a LOT of studios and devs said Goodbye to the PC and left for greener console pastures, because everyone and their mother said that the PC was dead and console gaming was TEH FUTURE. Some of them still exist or even make console games. Most of them were laid off, closed the doors for good or are starting to make crowdfunded games for the PC.

There is still a huge hype about browser games, where you only get venture capital when you agree to make a browser social facebook thingy. And my dentist (!) lost a million he invested in some stupid MMO project at the height of the MMO hysteria a few years ago.

Yes, indeed. When 90% of the industry says: "Do that!" ... dont do that. Do other things, but not THAT!

News Comments > Painkiller Hell & Damnation Not Rated for Germany
12. Re: Painkiller Hell & Damnation Not Rated for Germany Oct 4, 2012, 09:51 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Oct 4, 2012, 09:38:
I don't think this one is made by the same guys who made the shitty expansions.
No. "Farm 51" consists of people who were involved in the making of Painkiller itself.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2012, 10:12.

News Comments > Into the Black
7. Re: Into the Black Oct 3, 2012, 06:46 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on Oct 3, 2012, 00:37:
Damn, I'm stuck at the point where you set the map coordinates to kill the Gargantua. I set the target but can't get any form of acknowledgement for the fire. Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it's a bug.

Even if I get it, not sure it will work. Gargantua follows you, so if I need to set it on him while he's wiggling the tower, if I try to climb or jump down he will move.

Anyone recall the secret to doing this, section?
Dont use the use key. Just left click on the map section you want have the mortar fired at. I too was stuck and had to seek help.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
78. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 24, 2012, 04:25 Kajetan

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 13:32:
UConnBBall wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 12:47:
FTL is the perfect little indie strategy game. Do yourself a favor and pick it up ASAP!!!

How do you rate it vs Dungeons of Dredmor?
Dredmor is more play, less frustration until you hit rockbottom. FTL on the other hand is an exercise in trying to NOT chew you desk/mouse cable/keyboard while just trying to reach sector 2.

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo