Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1979 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

News Comments > 38 Studios Assets & IP To Be Sold
10. Re: 38 Studios Assets & IP To Be Sold Aug 24, 2012, 01:49 Kajetan

DrEvil wrote on Aug 23, 2012, 21:25:
Actually, the IP behind the world itself is worth something.
Considering how extremely boring KoA was ... 5 bucks?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95%
40. Re: Ubisoft: PC Piracy Rate 93-95% Aug 22, 2012, 11:48 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Aug 22, 2012, 10:45:
I could believe those figures for China alone but internationally? Get lost, DD is massive now. Publishers love the idea of F2P because they want to micro-transact the audience until they have to sell their actual clothing to buy virtual wardrobes.
I could believe these numbers for every westen country. But ... it DOES NOT MATTER!

What matters is how many paying customers you have. Yes, there might be trillions of evil, evil pirates out there, but this DOES NOT MATTER. AT ALL! How many pying customers i have is important. How many customers are returning customers, because they were happy with their purchase is important. Piracy, shmiracy ... if a CEO still uses this argument to explain the descisions of a companies strategy, he is retarded and needs to resign immediately.

News Comments > Iron Sky Game Plans
4. Re: It's a terrible movie. Aug 20, 2012, 11:34 Kajetan

hb3d wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 11:16:
I really wanted to like the movie given its independent funding and development including fan-funding initiatives, but oh is it a terrible movie.
Terrible? No. Dissapointing? Yes. Its like the Wing Commander movie from Chris Roberts. Roberts did a very good job with all those live action scenes in the games, but he was clearly not competent enough for making a full blown movie.

That said, "Star Wreck - In the Pirkinning" was an excellent fan movie, but the people behind it clearly are lacking the writing talent for a more serious and bigger movie. The story had plotholes from the size of the "Götterdämmerung", the dialogue was terrible and most of the time not remotely funny. The only good gag: President Palin being angry at the other countries for violating the space peace treaty, having their own combat ships ready after proudly announcing the american space combat ship "George W Bush".

Concerning the effects: Did you see Star Wreck? Unbelievable! Gigantic space battles and indoor fire fights with lasers and explosions and sparkles and light balls and green screen and matte paintings. Effects you would expect from a multimillion dollar production, but not from some finnish IT geeks, rendering away in their mothers basement.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
32. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 20, 2012, 05:22 Kajetan

AnointedSword wrote on Aug 20, 2012, 05:08:
Ya and with all their releases after they left Blizzard, it also showed that they needed Blizzard as well. Hellgate: London?
HGL suffered from lack of proper project management, a severe misunderstanding of a way of programming called SCRUM. Flagship suffered from too much money EA and other investors had thrown at them.

Torchlight was the closest thing to cool that they could come up with and even then it was not a class a title.
Torchlight was a perfect example of how much a game can gain when you have only a very limited budget. You have to focus on core features and make them work as perfect as possible.

News Comments > Diablo Creator on Diablo III
4. Re: Diablo Creator on Diablo III Aug 19, 2012, 15:45 Kajetan

eunichron wrote on Aug 19, 2012, 14:49:
It just didn't work out so well in practice.
Because they designed the auction house to be THE central pillar of the game, instead of simply adding an ingame plattform, where people can trade with the official "protection" of Blizzard.

News Comments > EA Exploring Sale?
28. Re: EA Exploring Sale? Aug 17, 2012, 09:20 Kajetan

shinchan0s wrote on Aug 17, 2012, 08:46:
I'm not surprised a company like EA would want to go private. Being a corporation these days is kind of a pain in the ass with all the regulations and retarded shareholders.
Yeah, right. Abolish regulations and retarded babies

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
12. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 14, 2012, 03:45 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 13, 2012, 20:48:
Yeah, that would be pretty cool. I'd love to see the Cyberdemon in HD!
Play Doom 3.

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
43. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2012, 04:48 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 04:41:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 04:37:
El Pit wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 04:05:
China is ...
What China? The official chinese government? Or just some chinese criminals?

Both.
Any proof besides some unhealthy paranoia?

News Comments > Battle.net Security Breach
41. Re: Out of the Blue Aug 10, 2012, 04:37 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 04:05:
China is ...
What China? The official chinese government? Or just some chinese criminals?

News Comments > U.S. Retail Game Sales Continue Decline
11. Re: U.S. Retail Game Sales Continue Decline Aug 10, 2012, 01:43 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Aug 10, 2012, 00:29:
... July is normally one of the slowest months of the year and almost nothing came out.
They always compare to the same month from last year, not the month before in the same year.

News Comments > Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles
18. Re: Rumored Mafia 3 on Rumored Next-Gen Consoles Aug 9, 2012, 05:52 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Aug 9, 2012, 03:24:
A gangster movie where you only control the car chases and gunfights isn't nearly as cool as also controlling how the story and social aspects play out.
That is true. But i have to admit, after playing Mafia 1 or 2 for a few hours, i simply stopped and watches the Godfather trilogy or Scarface.

The Mafia setting does not work for me in an interactive enviroment, i prefer the passive listening and watching to a pre-made story line than creating or influencing it myself.

News Comments > Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles
29. Re: Steam Adding Non-Gaming Titles Aug 8, 2012, 15:13 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Aug 8, 2012, 14:40:
I can see the convenience, but please Steam, for the love of God, have these non-game programs in a DIFFERENT LIST THAN MY GAMES.
No. You have to endure Winrar directly beside your favourite game. In fact, Steam will force you to scroll to all your apps in your library before you'll see your games!!!

And for one app bought, Steam will delete one of your games randomly!!!

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
40. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 5, 2012, 16:32 Kajetan

pagb wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 15:22:
I've tried everything ...
Hmm, thats bad. Do you have the original Blood or the GOG.com version? But the GOG.com config doesnt contain anything special, so ...

36. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 5, 2012, 12:29 Kajetan

Dmitri_M wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 12:22:
I somehow missed Blood completely. Is there a decent source port or other newer version I should try or is Dosbox the best route?
There is no source port, because the source does exist, but is not available due to legal reasons. There is Blood 2, but ... well, you better take DOSBox.

33. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 5, 2012, 08:51 Kajetan

pagb wrote on Aug 5, 2012, 06:28:
I got an i7@3Ghz, 800x600 is just not pleasant.
There has to be a faulty DOSbox configuration. Perhaps a bad choice of video rendering. I played Blood 1 from GOG.com with 800x600 (DDraw) on a Phenom II with no problems at all.

9. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 16:13 Kajetan

Bumpy wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 16:00:
Was interested till I read this.

>I would also make it work on all platforms, and not just PC.

Do NOT need or want another compromised PC game due to multi-platform design.
He seems to be talking about a source port like people have done for Doom, not a full blown multiplatform remake.

8. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 16:09 Kajetan

pagb wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 15:54:
Let's keep it as ""runs perfectly"", under Dosbox framerates using any resolution over 320x200 suck, and even then game stutters in some moments.
On a fifteen year old machine maybe, but not on a half decent PC.

News Comments > Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta
7. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 17:11 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 16:10:
Obligatory fact: Painkiller Black is amazing. All the others are terrible.
I don't know about this new one, but the odds are against them.
Yup. Painkiller Black Edition (Painkiller with first addon) is still one of my favourite shooters. I play it once a year just to be reminded of the suckiness of most modern SP action games. Every PK game after "Battle out of hell" was just terrible, horrible crap. To be avoided at all costs.

This being obviously a remake of the original PK game, now with UE3 instead of the old engine ... might be at least somewhat enjoyable.

News Comments > EA and Take-Two Financials
20. Re: EA and Take-Two Financials Aug 1, 2012, 09:40 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 08:11:
Seriously, the only reason MP3 sold less was because it was released at the same time as diablo 3. I mean, it completely overshadowed the game. Talk about bad management.
1. Totally different target groups. Not even WoW suffered from the D3 release.

2. Díablo 3 is a PC exclusive. Especially the console sales of Max Payne 3 were very weak in the first few weeks.

3. Torchlight 2 Pre-order sales INCREASED during the release of D3.

No, MP3 failed commercially because it was produced for the CoD crowd which hasn't any interrest in this "old" IP at all. And the few players who still remember Max Payne didn't want a "modern" shooter, they want a classic max Payne game. With less brazilian summer, more New Yorker winter, less "cinematics", more gameplay.

News Comments > Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor
6. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:01 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 11:00:
Oh God, queue the 100 posts whining about Bethesda "raping games" and "having horrible writers" etc etc etc.
But, but ... it's true!

1979 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 23.
< Newer [ 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo