Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
23. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 12:02 Kajetan

Frijoles wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 10:56:
I bought the nVidia glasses. Don't waste your money. It's cool at first, but just not worth it. Some games handle it pretty well, others fail. I stopped using it since I didn't want to lower my graphic settings, and it gave me a headache after only an hour (I tend to play games for a few hours at a time).
Thank you for the info. I stay away from 3D movies since getting a massive headache after the first hour of Avatar. Therefore i WILL stay away from 3D gaming

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > THQ in Default on Credit Line
29. Re: THQ in Default on Credit Line Nov 12, 2012, 10:32 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 10:21:
Also, THQ's stocks crashing 11% right now.
There is still something to crash from? Wow ...

News Comments > Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1?
6. Re: Win8 Exclusive DirectX 11.1? Nov 12, 2012, 10:30 Kajetan

It did not help Vista. Why should this help W8? But hey, if a strategy fails, just try it once more. And again, and again. You'll never know ...

Btw. is this whole 3D thing with games picking up anytime soon or was it just another gimmick, fading out in obscurity?

News Comments > THQ in Default on Credit Line
24. Re: THQ in Defaults on Credit Line Nov 12, 2012, 05:29 Kajetan

aesir05 wrote on Nov 12, 2012, 04:49:
if they do go under, would steam sell their stuff for $1 each?
Valve cannot just sell games for cheap, if a publisher doesnt give his ok. And if THQ goes under, there will be a new copyright holder, who decides the prices.

Valve does only one thing. Trying to convince publishers and other distribution right holders, that a Steam sale works wonders on their revenue, with disatrous effects on the credit limits of the customers.

News Comments > Descent Fan Remake
9. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 11, 2012, 16:37 Kajetan

Nuukee wrote on Nov 11, 2012, 16:07:
Cool idea and looks indeed great.
But: "the original levels remade" ...that map ist Deck16 from Unreal / Unreal Tournament!!
From the website:

"The above video shows what I came up with after a few weeks of research and programming; using a few of Descent's original robot models, an Unreal Tournament map that came with UDK, and some modified particle systems from existing weapons."

News Comments > Descent Fan Remake
5. Re: Descent Fan Remake Nov 11, 2012, 15:49 Kajetan

Power to the people! As with all fan projects, i applaude them for making a game instead of only complaining about games, like i do

*bookmarked*

News Comments > One More "Defining" Game for Molyneux
7. Re: One More Nov 10, 2012, 14:19 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Nov 10, 2012, 13:52:
Just fuck off already.
When not talking about his present or upcoming projects, Molyneux is quite a charming and entertaining man to listen to.

News Comments > The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week
29. Re: The Old Republic Goes Free to Play Next Week Nov 9, 2012, 09:50 Kajetan

SWTOR is some sort of KOTOR with solid PvE quests. I will grind my way through, probably only to become deeply depressed for not playing a solid Kotor 3 but this MMO crap instead. Life is unfair!! *whine*  

News Comments > Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully
40. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 10:20 Kajetan

RailWizard wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 08:22:
Which is why 'they' are working very hard to cripple them before the masses even realize they are here along with their potential. One way or another, they will be kept out of the hands of the common person(price), or if not they will be crippled so badly it won't matter(DRM'd).
Too late. The tech is out and you cannot control everything. There are 3D printers, which are just using sand, software and focused sun light to "sinter" objects. Cheap and easy to build, the controlling software is Open Source. Ideal for underdeveloped countries. Maybe 3D printers will be controllable in the western countries. But not for long, not for all eternity.

Heck, even the once mighty christian church couldnt prevent the crossbow from making powerful knights on horses an easy practise target. The church used to excommunicate everyone who used or built a crossbow. With little to no effect at all. Because the crossbow was way to useful. And the moment 3D printers become useful for the masses, for private households, for small companies ... no DRM, no regulation can stop that. History repeats itself, a new technology will change human society.

I dont know if this change will be good or bad from our current point of view. But it will happen!

25. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 05:26 Kajetan

J wrote on Nov 8, 2012, 05:13:
I blame 3D printers
3D printers are the new WMDs of the Digital Age. No, i mean it. Seriously. 3D printers WILL change our economical and sociological structure in ways we cant imagine.

22. Re: Razer Mouse Software Requires Internet? Watches You Carefully Nov 8, 2012, 04:34 Kajetan

This is necessary to fight the rampant hardware piracy the industry is facing today. People just copy a mouse from their workplace or friends, on the Internet millions of copied mouse hardware, worth a few billion dollars, are distributed freeley. This HAS to stop!  

News Comments > CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed
20. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 05:57 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Nov 6, 2012, 05:11:
Weird, Hoop isn't known for spamming. I guess he really wants Obama to win.
Cant he keep his minor regional election to himself? Bluesnews is international

News Comments > CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed
16. Re: CoH2, Metro Last Light, and South Park Game Delayed Nov 6, 2012, 02:33 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Nov 5, 2012, 21:00:
I have always loved THQ.
You love a company? A company which has ripped off a talented studio like Iron Lore and lied about the reason for their closure? A company which made a small fortune from selling Titan Quest online as a budget title, giving its former studio employees not one single dime?

Yeah, but you just love that company ... they DESERVE to go under. Fast!

News Comments > Homefront Postmortem
20. Re: Homefront Postmortem Nov 5, 2012, 05:25 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Nov 4, 2012, 18:53:
What the game needed was a complete overhaul of its direction. They should have focused on the strategic elements of guerrilla warfare, with the player starting with a home base and reclaiming the country, one area at a time. Players would have to manage resources and decide which targets to prioritize. Do you liberate a prison camp and gain more recruits for the cause? Doing so will give you more soldiers, doctors, mechanics, etc, but will also increase the drain on your food, medicine and shelter space. If someone gets captured by the enemy, do you risk more lives trying to free him? If you don't, what happens if he cracks under interrogation and reveals the location of your home base? Maybe you play it safe and just assassinate him so he can't talk, but what happens when your group learns of it?
Red Faction Guerilla comes to mind. Suprisingly interesting shooter, doing what you are suggesting.

News Comments > On Sale
7. Re: On Sale Nov 3, 2012, 04:23 Kajetan

nin wrote on Nov 3, 2012, 00:37:
Anyone tried the WCs on recent hardware? Do they run fullscreen? And if so, does it look like a mess (stretching a low screen rez that far)?
WC 1-3 are running with DOSBox, so its up to you with fullscreen/windowed/stretching/screen ratio. WC 4 is the (once) rare DVD version. Runs fullscreen, keeps aspect ratio (or not) with your GPU drivers

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Nov 2, 2012, 12:18 Kajetan

And nothing of value would be lost.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
3. Re: Evening Metaverse Nov 2, 2012, 06:05 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 05:04:
Seriously, I am flabberghasted. I never realized the election system in the USA is that .... messy
This is what you get, when you are the pinnacle of democracy and freedom. There is no need for fixing or improvement, because it already is perfect. And therefore no one really cares.

The first step in becoming irrelevant is proclaiming to be number one. And the US just did that over and over again. Until proclaiming to be number one was more important than actually doing something to BE number one.

News Comments > Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Weekend
13. Re: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Free Weekend Nov 2, 2012, 05:56 Kajetan

Tigger wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 21:32:
Wow thanks Valve. Now if this damn hurricane hadn't have come along and wiped out not only my power but my Internet as well, I might be able to play it.
And you are posting this how?

News Comments > Avery to Write/Direct Wolfenstein Film
11. Re: Avery to Write/Direct Wolfenstein Film Nov 2, 2012, 03:04 Kajetan

deqer wrote on Nov 2, 2012, 01:04:
btw, doom movie was great. not sure what you were expecting, but for me i was not expecting too much for it to match the game or anything; i just enjoyed it. The Rock was great, and in general was a good movie if you don't analyze it too much.
Yeah, i agree. If you didnt watch the Doom movie, it was not that bad. It started to slide when you actually saw it. Horrible, cheap and (whats worst) boring piece of crap.

News Comments > The Longest Journey Sequel Plans
10. Re: The Longest Journey Sequel Plans Nov 1, 2012, 17:38 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Nov 1, 2012, 11:19:
Good. Stick with what you know. Adventure games they know. MMOs they don't.
Dreamfall was the worst "adventure" i ever had the honor to play. Good story and production values, but horrible gameplay.

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo