Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1944 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
9. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 16:13 Kajetan

Bumpy wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 16:00:
Was interested till I read this.

>I would also make it work on all platforms, and not just PC.

Do NOT need or want another compromised PC game due to multi-platform design.
He seems to be talking about a source port like people have done for Doom, not a full blown multiplatform remake.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Blood Revival Proposed
8. Re: Blood Revival Proposed Aug 4, 2012, 16:09 Kajetan

pagb wrote on Aug 4, 2012, 15:54:
Let's keep it as ""runs perfectly"", under Dosbox framerates using any resolution over 320x200 suck, and even then game stutters in some moments.
On a fifteen year old machine maybe, but not on a half decent PC.

News Comments > Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta
7. Re: Painkiller: Hell & Damnation Closed Beta Aug 2, 2012, 17:11 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Aug 2, 2012, 16:10:
Obligatory fact: Painkiller Black is amazing. All the others are terrible.
I don't know about this new one, but the odds are against them.
Yup. Painkiller Black Edition (Painkiller with first addon) is still one of my favourite shooters. I play it once a year just to be reminded of the suckiness of most modern SP action games. Every PK game after "Battle out of hell" was just terrible, horrible crap. To be avoided at all costs.

This being obviously a remake of the original PK game, now with UE3 instead of the old engine ... might be at least somewhat enjoyable.

News Comments > EA and Take-Two Financials
20. Re: EA and Take-Two Financials Aug 1, 2012, 09:40 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Aug 1, 2012, 08:11:
Seriously, the only reason MP3 sold less was because it was released at the same time as diablo 3. I mean, it completely overshadowed the game. Talk about bad management.
1. Totally different target groups. Not even WoW suffered from the D3 release.

2. Díablo 3 is a PC exclusive. Especially the console sales of Max Payne 3 were very weak in the first few weeks.

3. Torchlight 2 Pre-order sales INCREASED during the release of D3.

No, MP3 failed commercially because it was produced for the CoD crowd which hasn't any interrest in this "old" IP at all. And the few players who still remember Max Payne didn't want a "modern" shooter, they want a classic max Payne game. With less brazilian summer, more New Yorker winter, less "cinematics", more gameplay.

News Comments > Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor
6. Re: Bethesda S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Rumor Jul 31, 2012, 11:01 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 11:00:
Oh God, queue the 100 posts whining about Bethesda "raping games" and "having horrible writers" etc etc etc.
But, but ... it's true!

News Comments > Uplay Patched
18. Re: Uplay Patched Jul 31, 2012, 04:09 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Jul 31, 2012, 00:45:
I just don't see how it's possible that this uplay garbage is NOT hurting sales.
According to Pachter Ubisofts PC sales plummeted since introduction of UbiPlay. Sadly we dont have numbers to support this rumor.

News Comments > Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw
17. Re: Ubisoft uPlay Security Flaw Jul 30, 2012, 14:03 Kajetan

SimplyMonk wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 13:53:
Actively pirate them? Make a bunch of of real looking "Assassin Creed: Brotherhood" CDs with pirated versions on them and leave them lying around at playgrounds, subways, internet cafes, Starbucks.
This, sir, this is not that bad an idea

News Comments > Steam Top 10
30. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2012, 10:36 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 10:02:
BTW, this same thing shows up with Baen books. They put free ebook versions of #1 in most of their sci fi series, and sometimes rotate other books for free, and everytime they do, they increase sales of the PHYSICAL books. Not just of the others in the series, but of that #1 that they are giving away free as well.
Cory Doctorow puts his books on his homepage for free. His printed books have been seen several reprints. Other writers experience the same. A massive increase in revenue after releasing one, a few or all books on the net for free.

Monthy Phyton experienced masive increases in sales after starting the Official MP Youtube channel, where they released their material in a very good video and audio quality.

Publishers should try the "pay what you want" model or even release some games for free, but also offering a commercial version. I guess, they will be surprised ...

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
11. Re: Romero Jul 30, 2012, 06:17 Kajetan

Fantaz wrote on Jul 30, 2012, 02:46:
./ no less. But we don't hear about John Carmack speculating on the future of Ouya
Do we want to hear Carmack speculate on this or that? Carmack also isn't in touch with the current state of gaming. He's a techie, not a designer or even a salesman and considering how much idtech5 sucked on the PC, i guess he isnt even in touch with the current state of tech anymore.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
25. Re: Steam Top 10 Jul 30, 2012, 05:16 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Jul 29, 2012, 21:44:
BTW, the interesting part is you might think everyone who wanted skyrim would have jumped on it at the 50% off sale, but there's STILL demand for it at full price.
Thats the thing Valve and others pointed out several times now.

Sales do NOT devalue a game.
Instead sales even increase the number of units sold for normal price AFTER the sale has ended.

News Comments > Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes
23. Re: Diablo III Exploit Hotfixes Jul 27, 2012, 15:13 Kajetan

eunichron wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 14:23:
RailWizard wrote on Jul 27, 2012, 13:46:
..or they could just nuke japan

We already did that in the '40s. It didn't help.
Then don't stop after two cities. Bomb JAPAN, not only two cities! Good god, do we have to explain everything?

News Comments > GameStop Interested in Digital Resales
26. Re: GameStop Interested in Digital Resales Jul 27, 2012, 03:47 Kajetan

TheEmissary wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 20:58:
Only problem with this is that a digital product doesn't degrade like a physical product does.
No, it obviously doesn't degrade physically. But digital content quickly looses worth after the first few months, because there is already the next big thing available. Then there are budget sales and Gold or GOTY versions and so on. The industry devalues their own products very, very quickly.

This comment was edited on Jul 27, 2012, 05:16.

News Comments > Quoteworthy - "Windows 8 is a Catastrophe" - Gabe Newell
120. Re: Quoteworthy - Jul 26, 2012, 06:27 Kajetan

anders wrote on Jul 26, 2012, 05:45:
I cannot see any business using it.
Companies will not use W8. Ever.

Most of them are still using XP (or even W2K) and are slowly starting to upgrade to W7 because the support for XP ends in two years. W8 is NOT intended as a business OS. Its a quickshot aimed at the tablet market where MS hopes to secure a considerable share by forcing consumers to use Metro.

I guess W9 will have a fully optional UI. Maybe the first service pack for W8 will do that. To save W8 when MS still has the chance to turn things around.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3: BFE Linux Plans
7. Re: RE: Follow up Jul 25, 2012, 04:24 Kajetan

ViRGE wrote on Jul 25, 2012, 04:17:
We've been here before back in the 1999-2001, and it didn't end so well for Loki Games.
True. But Loki Games had not the user base Valve has now with Steam. The chances of success are much bigger now.

News Comments > Minecraft Patent Lawsuit
5. Re: Minecraft Patent Lawsuit Jul 22, 2012, 16:07 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Jul 22, 2012, 15:51:
That last line is just giving ammo to his opponent.
What ammo?

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Co-op & Scariness
21. Re: Dead Space 3 Co-op & Scariness Jul 20, 2012, 15:51 Kajetan

shihonage wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 14:58:
I guess the problem is that I do not see the inherent value in the concept of a "horror franchise".
You do not, others do. Different people, different taste, you know

Horror is not gameplay.
Yes, it isn't. Its a setting. A setting to which gameplay has to fit to make the setting work

You can't fine-tune it to work well for everyone. It is highly subjective.
That is why horror games are for people, who like that kind of game. I dont, but that's not the point. EA is destroying a brand because they desperately NEEEEEEEED revenue. DS3 is targeted for 5 mio. units to be sold. Which does not happen with a horror game, i understand that. For that to accomplish you need a mass appeal action game.

So, why isn't EA just making this kind of game?

Because they already tried that and failed. See Bulletstorm. Sold not even 2 mio. units. Is considered a commercial flop for EA. So they thought: "Hey, let's just use this Dead Space franchise. Perhaps that'll work."

It won't. And that is a good thing. To sell 5 mio. units of an established game brand, where you just changed target groups, you need MASSIVE marketing which will eat up a lot of revenue which will require even more units to be sold.

I like what EA is doing. It all speeds up their final demise.

News Comments > Dead Space 3 Co-op & Scariness
18. Re: Dead Space 3 Co-op & Scariness Jul 20, 2012, 14:42 Kajetan

shihonage wrote on Jul 20, 2012, 14:19:
Do you guys realize how rare it is these days to get a game with campaign coop?
And this justifies the slaughter of a once promising horror franchise?

Does EAs need for crappy F2P games justify the slaughter of the Ultima brand?

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops II Trailer
2. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II Trailer Jul 19, 2012, 09:32 Kajetan

There is creativity in a CoD game? Do say ...  

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Progress Report
21. Re: Torchlight 2 Progress Report Jul 18, 2012, 04:52 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jul 18, 2012, 03:55:
In other words, they made a very similar game to D3 and are delaying it because it turns out that its the same piece of shit D3 turned out ot be...
Have you played the beta? According to players who did, TL2 wasn't anything similiar to D3 besides clicking things dead and looting dead things.

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM Glitch Ends
13. Re: And... Jul 16, 2012, 11:37 Kajetan

morose wrote on Jul 16, 2012, 11:27:
This is a great example of why I have stopped buying Ubisoft games.
I buy Ubisoft games, when they are relased on GOG.com. Like Asassins Creed 1. Without any UbiDRM at all.

1944 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 22.
< Newer [ 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo