Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2197 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
50. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 04:48 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 02:35:
Im not sure there are any legal options if people want their money back. Those 'pledges' count as donations right? Even the ship sales, count as 'pledges', which count as donations. So how do you legally claim that money as anything that is owed back to you? RSI are opening a pandora's box by giving Derek his money back, they themselves state that legally they are NOT required to give back refunds. So which is it??
Donations can (!) be given back, if the donee does not want a particular donation. Or the doner can convince the donee, that there is an emergeny and he utterly needs the money back. Maybe, after you got unemployed and need money more than ship packages in your hangar for several thousand dollar.

Standard practice, nothing special.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2015, 05:20.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: etc. Jul 13, 2015, 06:08 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Jul 12, 2015, 19:33:
What are they hiding?
There are several ways to promote a movie of something, which is already very popular. You can do the usual, publish lots of stills and do trailers, "leak" stage photos, art concepts etc. Or you can go very, very silent and build up suspense. Which they did here.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 11:41 Kajetan

Task wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:21:
Looks like SC released a video teaser update regarding the FPS portion. And the write up.
The teaser is boring crap, but the write up is quite interesting. Sounds convincing

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 11, 2015, 11:37 Kajetan

J wrote on Jul 11, 2015, 11:28:
Duke Nukem says hi
*yawn*

News Comments > Evening Interviews
2. Re: Evening Interviews Jul 10, 2015, 02:14 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 19:14:
Soooooooooo...Aliens?
Or ... Homeworld 1 Remastered? Still completely broken gameplay mechanics due to simply using an overhauled HW2 engine. And not telling anyone. If Steam refunds were already in place at that time, i would have used them in an instant.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies - Shadows of Evil Revealed
9. Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops III Zombies - Shadows of Evil Revealed Jul 10, 2015, 02:09 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 19:33:
Linksil wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 19:12:
This looks so bad I can't even form the right words... it's like they just threw all the ideas into a pot and let it spit out something with guns.
They gotta crank this shit out every year. It shows.
Na, this is just Treyarch, cranking out the worst CoD every two years. Not that the other games were especially good (only very popular), but Treyarch regularly hits the bottom with the Blops subseries. The worst SP campaigns one could think of. Not hysterical and complete over the top like Infinity Ward used to make, but simply ... bad!

News Comments > Morning Interviews
6. Re: Morning Interviews Jul 9, 2015, 11:14 Kajetan

ZeroPike1 wrote on Jul 9, 2015, 11:01:
Derek has a less then stellar history in the older PC gaming community. I see why they let him have a voice, with his history with his own overreaching(at the time) space game. I will not listen to him however, his past is one he cannot run from, in my eyes.
Just look at his behaviour last week, when he turned up again on BluesNews after several years.

The discussion started very good, people were polite and i thought: "Ok, maybe he really has learned something. Lets hear him out." But then, very fast, there were his typical unprovoked attacks on people who had the impertinence of disagreeing with His Highness.

News Comments > GOG.com's Windows 10 Support
13. Re: GOG.com's Windows 10 Support Jul 8, 2015, 14:05 Kajetan

NegaDeath wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 13:31:
Nice to hear they aren't breaking compatibility too bad, good on MS for that. And good on GOG for testing this proactively, the same old games that are available on Steam don't get that kind of intervention. GOG continues to be a great company to buy from.
Fingers crossed for Revenant and perhaps Star Trek Armada I, II. A PITA to get them running on modern Windows versions.

News Comments > New FlatOut Game Announced
5. Re: New FlatOut Game Announced Jul 8, 2015, 11:01 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jul 8, 2015, 10:23:
Kylotonn should just make you run faster.
I have to admit i enjoyed "Iron Storm" quite a bit. Nice little WW I inspired alternate reality shooter, okay-ish gameplay. But only for one, two hours. Then it got tedious and boring very, VERY fast with its unfair balancing, where instakills by snipers was the level designers way of saying: "You are not doing what we expect you to do."

Stupid crap ...

News Comments > Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office
23. Re: Cloud Imperium Opens Frankfurt Office Jul 7, 2015, 08:08 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 7, 2015, 07:44:
How much you paying for this service again?
Blood, sweat and bitter tears, when reading some postings

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
12. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 19:47 Kajetan

Bundy wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 18:59:
Unless you're trying to cross platform, obviously, as the case of Source 2. But for the most part with Windows, D3D will probably remain the API of choice.
That maybe. But considering how many multiplattform games are out there ... devs will use, whats best to achieve their goal. Like it used to be. If its Direct3D for Windows or Vulkan for other platforms or something else one day.

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
8. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 18:17 Kajetan

Deathman29 wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 17:45:
Such a shame.
Why? Vulkan, the sucessor to OpenGL is based on Mantle. Source 2 will support Vulkan, others will follow. Because Direct3D is not the right choice for every dev and every plattform.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
4. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 09:48 Kajetan

Vio wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 09:39:
The end is nigh.
SC will be released soon? Good news, everyone!!!

News Comments > Op Ed
63. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 11:39 Kajetan

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 10:45:

What concerns me is:

1) CIGs refusal to balance and tune what they have released so far. As it stands, AC gameplay is bad, and it only takes some XML tweaks to bring it up to snuff, and they refuse to take care of it. It's such low hanging fruit that people on the forums modded it to sort out the imba issues.
And if they do that ... people will complain that they spend ressources on this instead of "finishing" something else. CIG is in a position where they cant please everyone at the same time. Too many people want too many things. Will CIG fulfill all expectations? No, of course not. Someone WILL be dissapointed.

2) Too many cooks. 500 people is a lot of dough. Even if they make only 40 k per year (a pittance), that's 20M per year. Plus development is a few years in already. 85m isn't a lot of money for that size of a group. I have no doubt that they can eventually make it happen - just not with 85m going at this pace with this many people. At this pace, they need to secure more funding - which means solid and fun demos (point #1) and more milestones launched, even if not polished.
This will probably happen. But ... it is GOOD that this will happen, because otherwise they will polish modules and gameplay features till eternity, never to release anything. They have to make a commercial release soon. First, to generate more income from actual game sales to people who havent donated and second, to generate more donations, because they had a commercial release, proving they can deliver.

Will it be good game? I dont know. We will see

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2015, 11:56.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 15:20 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:16:
For once I agree with Derek (As far as the snippet posted here on blues below the headline).
He isnt right. People are not buying something. They are donating.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released
13. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 18:31 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 18:21:
At some point Kotick will look at the measly profits the PC version makes and just fold the operation and give the PC devs something else more profitable to work on.
Right now it is profitable enough. Will it stay that way? I dont know. Maybe, maybe not.

11. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 17:50 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:23:
Sure they make money on it but ...
No "but". PC versions make money! That is all that matters to them. And they will release PC versions as long as there is enough money to be made. Some Lead Dev has nothing to decide on what platforms Activision games are released. If the bean counters say PC is profitable, then he is told: Make a PC version, pronto!

8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 16:09 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 15:42:
I think we may end up seeing the PC platform abandoned since the numbers are so much higher on the console platforms.
I hear people say that for years. For years the sales of the PC version dwarf in comparison to the console versions, even if digital sales are added (guessed ). And still ... every year Activision releases a PC version. Is it because Bobby runs a charity?

7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 16:03 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 15:29:
This series isn't going to last much longer, sales are plummeting every year after MW3.
This series will last at least another five years. I guess way more. Sales may be not as high as they were, but CoD is still one of THE most sucessful gaming franchises EVERY (!) EFFIN YEAR. Advanced Warfare? To this point around 20 mio. units on all plattforms. Why stop?

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
43. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 08:49 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 08:01:
I honestly don't get Microsoft's strategy with the Kinect. It was bundled with the XB1 yet Microsoft clearly had NO plan to utilise it or support it. Microsoft is blundering from one abortion to another.
MS has a history of introducing services and products, only to let them slide away into obscurity. Why? MS as a company does what the winner of intense internal powers struggle wants. And this winner is determined every year anew, followed by dropping support on all projects his predecessor has introduced. There are only two constants: Windows and Office. Everything else is ammunition and expendable.

2197 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo