Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2007 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
54. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 04:02 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 03:16:
Who wants to bet that Destiny ended up looking very similar to Titan, and suddenly they (@Blizz) were going "Ohhh Shit...".
No.

Titan was already cancelled last year, when the team working on Titan was distributed to other projects.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
42. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 21, 2014, 07:02 Kajetan

Jensen wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 05:35:
They have little capital, but high operating costs.
I can understand the financial situation. I can understand, that communicating a difficult financial situation is something your common developer does not want to do. But either the dev knows how to communicate something like this or he hires someone who can do it better. Shoddy communication hurts you in the long run.

39. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 21, 2014, 04:35 Kajetan

Jensen wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 02:54:
With early access, if no one buys, you have no money, but still have the obligation to finish the game.
Do you? Where does it say on Steam that Early Access games have to be finished? No really, i want to know

I've defended DF for Broken Age, but their handling of SB DF-9 seems much more deserving of criticism (I haven't tried it though, except for the Amnesia Fortnight prototype, so I can't really judge)
The game has much potential. But yeah, it's not about the game. It's about the effin inabillity of DF to communicate properly. The spliiting of Broken Age was no surprise for people, who followed the video series closely, but was very poorly communicated to everyone else. And now that ... they havent learned a thing.

17. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 16:57 Kajetan

Sho wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 16:21:
Where did you pay 10 quid to "back" this in a crowdfunding drive?
There was a Steam Early Access Sale.

14. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 16:13 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 13:57:
The bad: they do this on the backs of consumers
Backers are NOT consumers. I am a backer of DF9 and while i am still a little pissed, i accept that crowdfunding is NOT buying a game. Its my responsibility and my risk.

Well, for my 10 quids i got a wonderful soundtrack and several hours of fun, while still being in alpha. Its not a total loss as one might think

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: Destiny and Bungie Sep 15, 2014, 13:47 Kajetan

Fion wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:56:
Hell from the same exact company with Halo.
Destiny IS Halo. Its just Halo with some mediocre MMO features.

News Comments > PC GTA5 in January
24. Re: PC GTA5 in January Sep 12, 2014, 12:03 Kajetan

Xero wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 11:40:
Why the hell 2 months later?
Christmas! Good guess is that Sony and MS wanted to have the holiday sales for the new console generation.

News Comments > Dragons & Titans Drops Microtransactions
7. Re: Dragons & Titans Drops Microtransactions Sep 12, 2014, 09:08 Kajetan

MindStalker3 wrote on Sep 12, 2014, 08:34:
Watching this trailer I realize many of the sounds and even some art seems to come from GemCraft.. Is there some generic sound bank that they might have both bought from?
Yes, you can licence sounds like you can licence textures, models, even animations. It saves you a lot of time during production, therefore a lot of money. But the more you use such assets, the less "original" your game becomes. Which is only a minor flaw, when you want to make a quick buck with some generic MOBA title, which will be totally forgotten AND offline in a few years.

News Comments > Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent
6. Re: Star Citizen DFM Patch Imminent Sep 11, 2014, 10:08 Kajetan

Atomic wrote on Sep 11, 2014, 09:59:
Any day now, Centauri is going to show up and take this guy away to defend the frontier against Xur and Ko-dan Armada.
The guy? Or the cat?

"What do you mean, oh glorious warrior, who will save us all, when you say MEOW?"

News Comments > Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B?
27. Re: Microsoft to Acquire Mojang for $2B? Sep 10, 2014, 10:25 Kajetan

--

News Comments > GOG.com Turns Six
12. Re: GOG.com Turns Six Sep 8, 2014, 15:15 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 8, 2014, 14:59:
Ok GoG. I own entirely too many games off you already, but where, oh where, is Battlezone 2? Or even 1, at this point!?
Battlezone 1, patched and modded for use on modern hardware and OS:
http://www.battlezone1.org/

Battlezone 2:
Well, erm ... not so easy to get
https://kickass.to/battlezone-2-allinone-v1-3-t6168813.html

News Comments > Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup
2. Re: Saturday Crowdfunding Roundup Sep 6, 2014, 18:14 Kajetan

Julio wrote on Sep 6, 2014, 17:01:
Sure there's risk with Kickstarter ...
And this is what so many crowdfunding critics "do not get". There is always a risk! This is no pre-order. Things can go south, projects can fail, a game can become something very different during developement.

News Comments > Chaos Rising Removes GFWL
10. Re: Chaos Rising Removes GFWL Sep 5, 2014, 13:53 Kajetan

NeOCidE wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 13:45:
Achievements are like crack to some people........
Achievements are old news. Steam trading cards are the new fad. More and more you read that people will not buy a game when it does not have trading cards. And trading cards i'll get LESS than achievements. Why? Why is this more important than playing the game?

But i can ignore trading cards a LOT more easier than achievements, so ... if it makes some people happy, go for it.

6. Re: Chaos Rising Removes GFWL Sep 5, 2014, 13:26 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 12:23:
... words fail me...
To be fair to "the people", the rage about removing LAN support is slowly starting. The joys of working as a community manager. Never a dull moment

2. Re: Chaos Rising Removes GFWL Sep 5, 2014, 11:57 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 5, 2014, 11:19:
Yeah, that's not going to get people upset...
Its funny ... you know what people are upset about? Having to aquire all achievements once more because the old GfWL achievement data is not transferred to your Steam account. Talk about priorities

News Comments > Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated
10. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:15 Kajetan

--  

8. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 11:13 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:48:
Kajetan wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:41:
It would be more useful to actually TELL the user that he's probably playing a warez copy,

Yeah. I'm sure they were totally unaware that the copy they got off Pirate Bay wasn't legit.
Would you be so kind to NOT cut off my sentence and put the beginning in a new context? My point was: Tell the user, that this pixelation occurs because he's playing a copy. If not, he thinks the game is buggy. Remember Titan Quest? Where the devs were sooooo smart to hide a copy protection call when the player enters one of the first caves? Well, a lot of people thought the game was buggy as fuck, said so in the internet, a lot MORE people read this and ... there you go. A bad reputation, the game never recovered from.

My point is ... dear dev, if you think that this is necessary, please let the warez user be aware that this behaviour is intentional part of playing a copy. And not because a bug fucked up the game.

News Comments > Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed
14. Re: Ryse: Son of Rome Next Month; Specs Revealed Sep 4, 2014, 10:43 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 10:32:
Even CliffyB was poking fun of this game when it was announced.
Then it has to be good?

1. Re: Sims 4 Pirate Copies Pixelated Sep 4, 2014, 10:41 Kajetan

It would be more useful to actually TELL the user that he's probably playing a warez copy, instead of disguising this feature as a bug. Anyway, a new crack is already available.

But i guess Maxis just wanted to have some quick lulz.

News Comments > Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced
8. Re: Avernum 2: Crystal Souls Announced Sep 4, 2014, 05:29 Kajetan

harlock wrote on Sep 4, 2014, 04:41:
all it needs are better gfx.
Like someone already said ... no, it does not NEED better gfx. Sure, better gfx would be nice, i would welcome nicer gfx, but there is no need for them. Especially since Vogel sells a LOT more games after finally appearing on Steam and GOG.com. Vogel seems to be content in doing, what he is doing.

2007 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo