Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References "A Disservice"
17. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 11:18 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:49:
You underestimate the 'brainpower' of EA's marketing peons.

I give you Mass Effect: Warfighter!
I stand corrected. Still using too much brain when analyzing or assessing EAs past or possible future activities. Never underestimate the power of S.T.U.P.I.D.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References "A Disservice"
4. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 09:44 Kajetan

vrok wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:36:
No, because the game does not have to come after. Or before. Or off to the side.
It doesn't have to come before, after, or off to the side of Shepard's story? What? What else is there? Is he high?
He wants to be sure, that everyone gets his point

But we all know that Bioware is nothing more than EAs slave, so the next installment WILL be called ME4. Everything else is bad marketing. You dont just throw a number away.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3 Feb 6, 2013, 03:39 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 22:20:
Game Informer magazine who said Dead Space 3, [is] one of the best games of this generation.

Cereal? Obviously someone has low standards and hasn't played very many games.
Someone has got monies. Lots of. EA has to make sure that the masses will buy DS3 in droves. So they buy reviews. What else is not new?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3 Feb 6, 2013, 03:37 Kajetan

robdot wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 02:19:
Very soon publishers will stop making ports for you to steal ,or bitch about, or declare you wont buy.
YESSSSS! Finally!

News Comments > TTimo: id "Lost Interest Towards the PC"
11. Re: TTimo: id Feb 6, 2013, 03:31 Kajetan

mystery8 wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 03:29:
It seems like if I want to enjoy an id game I'll have to play an old one. Sad since they used to be my favorite.
Carmack isnt a game designer. And since Quake 3, id is devoid of any capable game design talent.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Feb 1, 2013, 14:06 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 13:42:
Yes, it's both. But to 99% of consumers it's one. You have to handle it as such.
Would you please stop it already and admit you made a mistake?

You turn the definition of words just as you please. You dont argue anymore, you are blabbering.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Feb 1, 2013, 10:12 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:10:
I get it.
No. You dont.

This is supposed to be a beta test, not an official demo.

News Comments > EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a "Rest"
23. Re: EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a Jan 31, 2013, 09:35 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 09:07:
MOH had no value.
The video from Total Biscuit "Modern Military Shooters in a nutshell" sums it all up. We all know the flaws of CoD's SP campaign. It is already that bad as it is. A slightly interactive action movie, which disguised itself as a game, because you can shoot at things if you wish, but it doesnt matter if you do, because the story progresses without you actually playing anything.

But Warfighter managed to lower even that bar.

News Comments > EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a "Rest"
18. Re: EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a Jan 31, 2013, 08:22 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 21:26:
Poooooor EA. I feel so bad for them.
Read more on Gamasutra:
http://www.gamasutra.com
EA had heavy financial troubles. They had to fire people and had to freeze the marketing budget for a while, because of the very low sales of Warfighter (Bruhaha).

News Comments > Crysis 3 Crisis Averted
8. Re: Crysis 3 Crisis Averted Jan 30, 2013, 10:15 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 09:46:
Because, from their perspective, it's better to ask for too much in the ToS and be forced to cut it than to ask for too little and either give up something critical or get sued for doing something necessary.
Sure, i am with you on this. On a theoretical basis

But ... a legal department running wild and NOT discussing ToS or EULAs with other departments which can give advice on how to make the EULAs content for a product they designed? Sadly, it's standard in many companies. Legal has free reign. Mostly, and this is the real sad part, mostly because they have detailled knowledge of all the fuckups the executives have done. Because they were the ones who fixed them. They are the ones who cover up shady business deals or simple tax fraud here and there. So, mostly they can do whatever they like and face no consequences for the fuckups THEY do to other departments.

Do i hate laywers? No. Not all of them. Not in general. But i hate selfrighteous jerks!

News Comments > Crysis 3 Crisis Averted
3. Re: Crysis 3 Crisis Averted Jan 30, 2013, 09:42 Kajetan

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 09:17:
So they arent changing the EULA but they arent enforcing it? Is that like reserving the option to fuck you in the ass?
That is in most cases the advise of the legal department. Never admit you are wrong. NEVER!

I experienced the same clusterfuck years ago, when the company laywers went crazy with the new TOS for our products. Customers, who actually read this shit were confused and/or angry. Very bad press was generated. Only after a few court proceedings were lost, the TOS finally changed.

The legal department? Everything was smooth, nobody of THEM faced any consequences. Instead the companies executives tried to blame customer service and public relations for doing a bad job in defending the company.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
8. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 29, 2013, 04:56 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 03:48:
... who are they kidding trying to make it seem like it's a monumental task to create a PC port of the game.
You. And me. And everyone elso. Including themselves, when they start to believe their own lies. Which happened at EA years ago.

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jan 25, 2013, 09:52 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 09:44:
This guy is my hero...
Just think ... in his article the PC has all the advantages consoles were said to have over the PC. Simple. cheap, easy to use. How has the world come to that! O tempora, o mores!

News Comments > SEGA On Their Relic Acquisition
12. Re: SEGA On Their Relic Acquisition Jan 25, 2013, 09:23 Kajetan

Ozmodan wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 09:02:
Idiots, did not pick up the homeworld IP, what were they thinking.
They were thinking: Gee, let's wait till next week, when all the older IP's and the back catalogue are for sale!

This comment was edited on Jan 25, 2013, 09:53.

9. Re: SEGA On Their Relic Acquisition Jan 25, 2013, 04:19 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jan 25, 2013, 04:01:
No word on the WH40K MMO, guess that was vaporvare eh?
The MMO was officialy cancelled. There were plans to rebuild the game as a SP title, but the studio behind this project found no buyer and will be closed. So ... no vaporware, but probably a final exterminatus on this project.

7. Re: SEGA On Their Relic Acquisition Jan 25, 2013, 01:30 Kajetan

Whiskers wrote on Jan 24, 2013, 21:55:
If Relic is allowed to keep their Warhammer 40k license ...
As far as i know, Relic owns no W40K licence. THQ had the rights to make those games.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 23, 2013, 10:26 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 09:30:
Report: Next Xbox to simply be named 'Xbox'.
I see MS Marketing hasn't lost it's touch...
Its consistent incompetence at work. MS branding policy is one of the worst i've ever seen. They throw away well established brand names for some shit they throw away a few years later, only to be replaced by some other mumbojumbo no one cares about. And now they just name the third console like the first, because ... well, because they can.

I suspected the next name would be XBOX 8, but MS proved me wrong

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
34. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 23, 2013, 06:10 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 01:34:
The thing that annoys me about this (and also the Pacific Rim trailer) is how the military units don't use even basic military tactics, and end up getting destroyed by units they shouldn't even be within a mile of.
These sequences are not made with realism in mind. They are made to show the viewer as many 'splosions as possible. And common military units have to be weak, so that the hero in his killer robot machine thingy can rule the day. Basic superhero & movie law, man!

News Comments > Chris Taylor on GPG, Wildman, and Publishers
5. Re: Chris Taylor on GPG, Wildman, and Publishers Jan 23, 2013, 04:43 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 01:20:
The games industry sounds more and more like a HORRIBLE place to work, unless you are somehow independently wealthy and can make any project you want without fear.
It always was. In fact, it was way more terrible in the Good Ole Days.

I know someone, who was hired with some other guys to program a game for Atari ST and Commodore 64 at the height of the homecomputer boom. They met at an adress in the country side which turned out to be an old farm. In the living room were three computers, a printer, three sleeping bags and enough food for a week. The client LOCKED the door behind them and left. Well, they themselves left soon after through a smashed window.

There is a reason why EA was so popular amongst developers for a long time. EA was one of the first companies to treat their contractors and studios professionally and fair. They paid good money and they paid on time AND not missing a single dime.

News Comments > StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic
23. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 13:48 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 10:56:
Too bad the Terran player in her dream was horrible!
No bunkers, poor micro, etc. :o

Best comment on Youtube:
- Viking: Look, i am Optimus Prime!!
- Ultralisk: No!

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo