Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1922 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

News Comments > Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview
16. Re: Diablo III 1.0.5 Interview Sep 23, 2012, 04:28 Kajetan

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 23, 2012, 03:56:
After 2 days with Torchlight 2, my lvl 30 character has more "cool" gear than my 200+ hour witch doctor.
For a dedicated D3 fanboy this clearly bad game design

You have to WORK hours and hours and hours for your loot, you have to spend real money to earn something worthy, not just playing it like a casual mom and stumbling over fat loot minute after minute. What boring game is this?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions
55. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 21, 2012, 11:21 Kajetan

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 10:42:
THE GAME HAS A DEMO TO!
Demos are for looser devs, who are not convinced that their game will blow everyone away. Look at Diablo 3. No demo and they sold 6 mio. units in the first few weeks.

41. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 21, 2012, 08:25 Kajetan

Siygess wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 07:54:
Hey, can anyone direct me to a working download link for TL2?
Take a Bittorrent client and download the Reloaded release. And since you've already paid for the game ...

Sadly this time Runic offers no Torrent for TL2. They had an official tracker for a few weeks right after the release of TL1 to cope with the demand.

34. Re: Torchlight II and Demo Available; MMO Questions Sep 21, 2012, 04:18 Kajetan

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 21, 2012, 02:44:
After playing this for 5 hours today, Diablo 3 is dead, buried, and uninstalled.
What Diablo 3? Isn't this game the Diablo 3 we all want?

News Comments > Obsidian Kickstarter
115. Re: Obsidian Kickstarter Sep 16, 2012, 11:03 Kajetan

nin wrote on Sep 15, 2012, 22:14:
While it is slowing now, I'd be very surprised if they didn't hit all those (up to/including 2.2) by the end.
Expect a huge bump when they add Paypal as an additonal payment option. A lot of people all over the world arent using credit cards. Me included, so expect my $35 any time soon

News Comments > Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It"
38. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 10:01 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 09:58:
Capitalism as we know it is blind to closed systems, which is why we have these meltdowns from time to time.
Yep. There is no thing as a "stable" capitalism. Debt is the fuel that drives the motor until the point where debt no longer generates growth because the debitors are no langer able or willing to pay back at least some of their debt. The system or parts of the system will crash, it will reboot itself until the next time or until we stupid humans invent something better

36. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 09:43 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Sep 14, 2012, 09:08:
Longevity doesn't mean anything to them if they can't monetize it, they have built these massive organizations filled with marketing types, middle management and etc that require a more consistent cash flow to stay viable.
Its a company structure which evolved during the days of near limitless, two digit revenue growth each year. Whatever they were doing, people spend more and more money on games.

Now, facing a market saturation so dense that even the start of the next console generation isnt seen as THE saviour anymore, they start to panic. The majors have grown too big, they cannot survive in a video game market which is still highly profitable, but doesnt have the growth of former years. They are publicly traded companies. Making a decent profit isnt enough, they HAVE TO GROW!!!

News Comments > Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games
30. Re: More Big Picture Details Sep 14, 2012, 08:09 Kajetan

HorrorScope wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 20:49:
Gaming has been basically going nowhere. That creates grumpy people at BluesNews. We all love games, they just become stale and corporate gaming has done little to move things forward, they get stuck in a rut.
Since my discovery of indie games a few years ago, i stopped being grumpy. I just ignore the games the majors make and i live happily ever after

31. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? Sep 14, 2012, 07:06 Kajetan

Darks wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 21:38:
Its been said thousands of times, you make a great game and it will sell. make a shitty game and it will be pirated.
EVERY game will be pirated. But good games (in the ey of the customer) are being bought, regardless of being also heavily pirated. The download charts and the sales charts are often very similar with popular games on top.

There was only one exception when "Alan Wake" was released on the 360. Heavily pirated, but abysmal sales.

29. Re: Amnesia Postmortem - Piracy? "Screw It" Sep 14, 2012, 07:02 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 20:52:
Obviously they need to learn from the best in the industry who know better, like Yves Guillemot.
I prefer Cevat Yerli

News Comments > Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games
14. Re: Ubisoft Making Fewer AAA Games Sep 13, 2012, 13:50 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 13:23:
How guys like this ever get to be in charge of anything boggles the mind.
Having the right social contacts, having the right university diploma and being in the right fraternities, having the right "social scent", not being a filthy upstart and newcomer, originating from the right families.

To get a job as a CEO is very, very easy when you are born in the wealthy part of the city. Social transition is still very weak, classes still exist and influence our daily life.

News Comments > New NVIDIA Drivers
2. Re: New NVIDIA Drivers Sep 13, 2012, 11:07 Kajetan

Matshock wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 10:56:
I can see the DL size nearly doubled. What is so different about Windows 8 drivers?
Its the massive amount of awesomeness which is Windows 8

News Comments > Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million
7. Re: Guild Wars 2 Sells 2 Million Sep 13, 2012, 10:48 Kajetan

Glykon wrote on Sep 13, 2012, 10:39:
Hmm hoped for much more, not very good as it is now.
As with GW1 NCsoft relies on sales in the long run, not only sales in the first two or three release weeks.

News Comments > WoW Screenshot Watermarks?
9. Re: WoW Screenshot Watermarks? Sep 11, 2012, 14:59 Kajetan

Beelzebud wrote on Sep 11, 2012, 13:38:
Good way for them to smoke out private servers... Pretty sneaky shit.
Considering the VAST numbers of private servers available ... Blizzard is either doing a bad job, or they are not interested in pursuing those servers or this is hoax.

News Comments > On Darksiders II Sales
36. Re: On Darksiders II Sales Sep 9, 2012, 07:38 Kajetan

netnerd85 wrote on Sep 9, 2012, 07:01:
Prez wrote on Sep 8, 2012, 16:27:
The game is way over-priced on PC for how bad of a port it is. I also question the rationale of a company that would release a game that could only be profitable with 2 million units sold.
Games cost a lot to make because YOU as a game buyer DEMAND that they be made to a certain quality. That qaulity comes with a price.

Stop bitching about voice acting and animations and game will be cheaper to make.
Games from major publishers are expensive because the majors are not capable of effective use of ressources. There is no interest in modern project management or software developement methods. Coders and art people are considered as annoying people which are sadly necessary to produce the games the brilliant sales people sell to make the company zillions and zillions of money. Just look at news post about the working conditions in the industry.

News Comments > City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed
15. Re: City of Heroes to End; Paragon Studios Closed Aug 31, 2012, 16:52 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 16:45:
With online games though they just die.
Thats why this genre has no history and therefore cannot evolve. MMOs are nothing more than temporary services to (hopefully) make money. They only exist in the present, they are only allowed exist if they can make money.

Sure, offline games are made to make money too, but they dont simply vanish from existence after they reached their commercial shelf life.

News Comments > Torchlight 2 Next Month
3. Re: Torchlight 2 Next Month Aug 31, 2012, 10:26 Kajetan

Darks wrote on Aug 31, 2012, 10:15:
Why do they want to compete with Borderlands 2?
Because they dont? There are a lot of people who are not interested in Borderlands or vice versa Torchlight at all. Different games, different tastes, different people.

News Comments > Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced
1. Re: Command & Conquer the Ultimate Collection Announced Aug 31, 2012, 10:24 Kajetan

Last chance for EA to make any profit from C&C before the release of this ... thing EA had the audacity to name "Command & Conquer".  

News Comments > Rise of the Triad Blog & Media
8. Re: Rise of the Triad Blog & Media Aug 30, 2012, 15:48 Kajetan

netnerd85 wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 12:53:
Fantaz wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 12:36:
Seriously... where is Quake 5?
Please, no, not while they are slaves to big Beth
It doesnt matter. There was no game design talent at id for years now. Tim Wilits may be a nice guy, but ...

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 30, 2012, 08:38 Kajetan

xXBatmanXx wrote on Aug 30, 2012, 00:45:
Anything to make them MORE successful I am ok with. They have made such a great game. The more money for them the better, which means more Isaac!
Until the day Isaac games were developed, produced and marketed by a big entertainment company named McMillen Interactive, which is traded publicly, with CEOs and Directors and Investors and all the other crap which comes with too much money.

I disgressed, sry about that ...

1922 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 19.
< Newer [ 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo