Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1981 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
3. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Jan 19, 2013, 13:08 Kajetan

RoboNerd wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 10:35:
Couldn't be because the entertainment industry is a big Democrat party contributor...naw, that just couldn't be... Bullseye
Biden is best friend with Hollywood. Which is not the video game industry.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Legend of Grimrock Hints
10. Re: Legend of Grimrock Hints Jan 18, 2013, 04:32 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 04:03:
Sold 600000, not bad for a niche game, not bad at all.
With a proper multiplayer like CoD, achievements, autoheal and designed to be played on consoles, it would have sold GAZILLIONS!!! Heck, just make Grimrock 2 a military shooter, call it Legend of Freedom

News Comments > Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month
5. Re: Halo 2 PC Server Shutdown Next Month Jan 17, 2013, 10:46 Kajetan

Techie714 wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 09:11:
Sorry folks but games get old & costs are associated with some of these servers staying online...Time to move onto a new game....
These costs are usually very, VERY low. You dont need the infrastructure for one server and one dedicated admin for this server. You install the necessary software on a virtual server machine, which contains several dozen low performing applications, which is located in a rack with other hardware containing dozens other low performance applications, administered by one guy. Costs per application aka MP server? A few dollars per application & month max.

The real reasons behind these descisions are not of financial nature, but root in business policies. Do we still want that players can play these old games? Do we want them to switch to newer games which they have to buy first?

News Comments > Free StarCraft II Name Changes
11. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Jan 14, 2013, 01:50 Kajetan

Fibrocyte wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 18:32:
Do you think they invented this concept?
No. I'm not mad at Blizzard, but still being astonished that there are people who are willing to pay for this "service". Reminds me of my mother who thinks i'm an IT wizard when i fix her computer.

News Comments > Free StarCraft II Name Changes
1. Re: Free StarCraft II Name Changes Jan 13, 2013, 13:10 Kajetan

When you charge your customer for a simple SQL statement, which doesn't involve any Blizzard employee besides the inital one time feature write, be sure to make GOOD excuses when this paid "service" doesn't work as advertised.  

News Comments > Double Fine in THQ Mix
21. Re: Double Fine in THQ Mix Jan 12, 2013, 04:27 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 23:30:
Yeah, they're only asking for information, it's not like they put any offers in or anything. And you're right, they might genuinely be able to pick something up on the cheap.
To my knowledge THQ published the retail versions of Stacking and Costume Quest. May be DF looks into a possibility to buy these distribution rights back.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists
13. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Still Exists Jan 11, 2013, 04:35 Kajetan

MattyC wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 22:21:
Mass Effect 1 & 2 (I left out 3, but not for tech reasons), Borderlands, and Arkam Asylum, Xcom EU etc were all made on Unreal tech. That is only staying with more recent and leaving out titles like Deus Ex.
These are all multiplattform titles, designed to work on consoles.

News Comments > etc.
11. Re: etc. Jan 10, 2013, 15:53 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 15:22:
There are much better ways to hear from your consumers.
For example?

Anything large and identified solely by usernames is probably not the way to go.
Why not? Just needs more supervising. I was part of a team, managing customer forums of a commercial daytrader site, way larger than that of Biowares little joint. We had our share of attention whores and outright CRAZY bums, but you can manage those people. Its a full time job, the company has to invest, but in the long run you keep a healthy community AND happy customers.

But this is not possible with one or two underpaid community managers and admins picked from the user base. This is WORK. Most companies dont see the profit in that, so forums deteriorate at a certain point and become a useless waste of money.

News Comments > SimCity Trailer
3. Re: SimCity Trailer Jan 10, 2013, 07:58 Kajetan

Leper wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 23:44:
People said the same things about D3/Blizzard and look how that turned out.
The Diablo games were mostly recognized & remembered as a MP game. Sim City, on the other hand, is a traditional SP only game. There isn't much love for online gaming around SC fans.

News Comments > Smell-O-Vision
18. Re: Smell-O-Vision Jan 9, 2013, 11:07 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 10:15:
You wouldn't smell fecal matter and all that stuff, obviously, but there are a ton of neutral smells that would fit well with battlefields, sewers and other areas like that. Don't you agree?
No. Because THAT will break immersion. Gentle flowers i may smell, but in the sewers i only get some fake "sewery" smell? Which will be unpleasant to many people even if they conjure up some earthy, mossy fake smell?

But a someone mentioned before ... they tried that in cinemas several times. Smell cards and evaporators and such. Didn't work.

News Comments > Smell-O-Vision
9. Re: Smell-O-Vision Jan 9, 2013, 10:07 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 09:49:
Background music detracts from the immersion. Smell wouldn't.
Depends on the game. A racing game might benefit from the smell of hot motor oil, asphalt and metal, but other than that ... when i play "The Witcher" i smell the flowers from the meadow and i smell the soap and rosewater my lady has bathed her smooth skin ... and i smell the rotten flesh on a battlefield, i smell fecal matter and urin and dirt in the cities and villages. No, thank you!

And it will surely break immersion in this kind of games when i smell only pleasant smells.

News Comments > THQ Asset Auction January 22nd
17. Re: THQ Asset Auction January 22nd Jan 8, 2013, 08:21 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 03:50:
All the joking aside, isnt anyone the least bit saddened that we are losing yet another big publisher which in turn will allow Activision and EA to grow even more, or even worse that talented and quality developers like Volition and Relic are going to get flushed to god knows where???
Times are changing. Market conditions are changing. Publishers arent the only source of games anymore. Last time i was sad when my favourite gaming company went down, was with Microprose.

Would i miss another new Homeworld or new W40K game? Sure, of course. But its not important. Not enough to worry about.

News Comments > AoE Online Content Development Ceasing
8. Re: AoE Online Content Development Ceasing Jan 4, 2013, 06:36 Kajetan

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on Jan 4, 2013, 05:20:
Sadly they've probably just killed AOE off fully with this massive screwup.
Yupp. Ensemble was killed, because MS wanted to please the investors which were unhappy with the perfomance of the entertainment division so MS closed everything which was not Zune or XBOX.

Knowing that AoE was a popular and profitable franchise (just look at the Steam charts where AoE3 is constantly in the at least Top 20), they thought they might please the investors when they turn this franchise into a hype F2P casual game, because casual gaming and F2P are, you know, "important".

In the end, nobody was happy. Not the investors, nore MS, nore the customers. Good job, everyone!

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
9. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jan 2, 2013, 11:38 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 10:54:
The reports I receive still affirm that Win8 is closer to WinME numbers than Vista and this seems to further confirm it.
Just look at the latest Steam Survey. Even Win XP has more than DOUBLE the share of Win8 32/64.

I dont think that Balmer really expects Win 8 to be successful. Win 8 & Metro are just a quick hack to please the investors. "LOOK! We've done something to gain a share of the tablet market. Look! We do care about your monies!!"

News Comments > Remedy Teases 2013 Plans
2. Re: Remedy Teases 2013 Plans Jan 2, 2013, 09:43 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jan 2, 2013, 09:35:
Hopefully not another console exclusive.
Like the last one? Jepp, that was very "exclusive"

Love to see great things from Remedy on the PC again.
I would like to see a PC game for PCs, not just a port with horrible controls and weird design descisions, which may be ok with a console crowd but annoys the heck out of PC players. Remedy and Steam forums are full of PC players complaining about the mouse/keyboard controls and the "unusual" camera positions.

I liked the AW setting, the atmo and the visuals, but wasnt very exited in terms of interface, gameplay or enemy variety. There was much, MUCH room for improvement.

News Comments > Black Isle Fundraiser
12. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 13:31 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Dec 20, 2012, 12:31:
Soo... has the Kickstarter bubble officially burst yet or what?

Don't get me wrong, I donated to Grim Dawn and Project Eternity, but Kickstarters seem to be headed downhill at a breakneck pace these days.
This "special" project has nothing to do with Kickstarter. Kickstarter is only one of several crowdfunding plattforms. And "Crowdfunding" is the term you might want to use. And no, there is nothing going downhill at a breakneck pace these days. Not even the world. Only the usual internet hyperbole

News Comments > Black Isle Fundraiser
2. Re: Black Isle Fundraiser Dec 20, 2012, 10:23 Kajetan

If this isnt a scam, i dont know what else.  

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
26. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 17:23 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 16:31:
Stop being paranoid.
I'm not paranoid. I'm just asking what THQ did with the money from the last Humble Bundle. Do you know that?

News Comments > THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale
13. Re: THQ Files for Chapter 11; Plans Sale Dec 19, 2012, 16:07 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 15:54:
To keep them afloat for the next few months.
Do you KNOW that or are you just guessing like everyone else? This money could also be used to pay a management bonus, because they did so well in managing the transition to Chapter 11.

News Comments > Epic Games Store
6. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 19, 2012, 04:11 Kajetan

Sho wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 02:54:
I replayed both Quake 2 and Unreal a couple of years back on a similar whim, and I have to say as far as the singleplayer is concerned Unreal has held up a lot better. It had its boring stretches but overall it was pretty fun and the visuals are still kind of nice.
Unreal IS the better SP game. Quake 2 always felt like some death match maps sown together to form a campaign. In a very good way, dont get me wrong, but inferior to Unreal.

1981 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo