Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1962 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

News Comments > Epic Games Store
6. Re: Epic Games Store Dec 19, 2012, 04:11 Kajetan

Sho wrote on Dec 19, 2012, 02:54:
I replayed both Quake 2 and Unreal a couple of years back on a similar whim, and I have to say as far as the singleplayer is concerned Unreal has held up a lot better. It had its boring stretches but overall it was pretty fun and the visuals are still kind of nice.
Unreal IS the better SP game. Quake 2 always felt like some death match maps sown together to form a campaign. In a very good way, dont get me wrong, but inferior to Unreal.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Resident Evil 6 in March
15. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 10:59 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 10:03:
Kajetan wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 04:04:
Capcom made more money with RE6 than with any other game of this series.

Really?

Yes. Sadly enough for all RE fans (which i am glad i'm not), Capcoms descision to make RE6 more like CoD paid off. Big! There will be no more classic horror-survival RE. Not with that revenue RE6 has generated.

Capcom simply catered to the fans of the RE movie series, which are nothing more than cheap and horrible action B movies, but make VERY good money.

News Comments > PC Resident Evil 6 in March
8. Re: PC Resident Evil 6 in March Dec 18, 2012, 04:04 Kajetan

SS wrote on Dec 18, 2012, 00:35:
RE6 was one of the few games I've regretted purchasing. Its just awful. Capcom needs to do a re-boot or just ditch the series.
Capcom made more money with RE6 than with any other game of this series.

News Comments > Op Ed
56. Re: Op Ed Dec 16, 2012, 06:35 Kajetan

Glykon wrote on Dec 16, 2012, 06:22:
No way. EA payed between 300 and 420 millions to make and market the game (some say there coming the difference cause they cant count total marketing...) AND 850 mil to buy shitty Bioware so all in all were talking abt 1.15 - 1.22 BILLION ! If they are not just laundering money they failed miserably
There is a reason BOTH Bioware founders stepped down. Someone has to be made responsible and at EA most managers are proficient in covering their personal asses, which leaves ... Ray Muzyka and Greg Zeschuk.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched
11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Patched Dec 12, 2012, 07:59 Kajetan

Nacelle wrote on Dec 12, 2012, 06:43:
Except the servers are packed ...
Both servers? Oh my ...

News Comments > Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days
1. Re: Black Ops II Sells $1B in 15 Days Dec 5, 2012, 10:07 Kajetan

Popular game is popular ... and last evening i smiled and smiled and SMILED while playing "Snapshot". Not so popular, but very charming little plattformer.  

News Comments > Chris Avellone Interview
4. Re: Chris Avellone Interview Dec 2, 2012, 17:58 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 2, 2012, 17:23:
Publishers really do everything they can to put themselves into a niche where a single flop means the end of their entire business. Does that sound like smart business to anyone?
The main reason those games are not made anymore is the disappearance of the "middle class" publisher. Ten years ago you could make a decent profit by selling games around 500k units. Then market concentration sets in, a lot of publishers like Midway or Atari weren't able to compete with increasing developement budgets on multiplattform games and vanished. Bigger ones like Sierra were bought. Others like Codemasters or Paradox found their niche. There is nothing much else left besides small and very, VERY BIG!

And this is where crowdfunding and digital distributions steps in, filling the void.

This comment was edited on Dec 2, 2012, 18:38.

News Comments > No Dead Island: Riptide in Germany
18. Re: No Dead Island: Riptide in Germany Dec 1, 2012, 10:11 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Nov 30, 2012, 21:11:
Glad I don't live in Germany; I loved Dead Island and can't wait for Riptide.
Not being able to buy a game doesn't automaticly mean not being able to play a game

News Comments > Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch
12. Re: Far Cry 3 Day Zero Patch Nov 29, 2012, 03:39 Kajetan

Techie714 wrote on Nov 29, 2012, 00:40:
This game has been getting some solid reviews & word of mouth.
This game also recieved very mediocre reviews and some fair warnings. I guess FC3 is a kind of game like Bethesdas RPGs. Either you love them or you hate them.

News Comments > DOOM 3 BFG Edition Patch and GPL Source Code
1. Re: DOOM 3 BFG Edition Patch and GPL Source Code Nov 26, 2012, 20:13 Kajetan

They did something right for a change. Pleasant surprise!  

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
50. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 25, 2012, 07:55 Kajetan

Cram wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 18:46:
The character and background art assets were lost; they got the source code from Bioware.
Correct. Dont know why i added the source code to that list ...

News Comments > Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads
39. Re: Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition Preloads Nov 24, 2012, 05:35 Kajetan

entr0py wrote on Nov 24, 2012, 01:19:
I'm disappointed they did nothing to improve the game visually. I thought at least they would re-render the background, and hopefully add more frames to the pre-rendered animations.
For that they have to make assets new from scratch. The original assets are unfortunatly lost, so is the source code. All they could do is prgramming around the base game, adding and modifying stuff like the modder scene.

If you want Baldurs Gate with revamped graphics (like the screenshots form Project Eternity) you have to make a NEW game.

News Comments > Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV
15. Re: Black Ops II Patch Increases FOV Nov 22, 2012, 18:41 Kajetan

JohnBirshire wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 18:35:
inveigle88 wrote on Nov 22, 2012, 16:47:
Too bad this game sucks, IMHO. This is the worst gaming purchase I have made in some time.

Blah blah blah, tired of hearing this crap.
If you are soooo mature, why not ignore this comment above and just play the games you have fun with? Instead you rage on like a little child.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Nov 21, 2012, 10:59 Kajetan

There is no mistake. MS deliberatly makes cracking and using their software for free very, VERY easy.

As Bill Gates once said, MS wants people to use MS software, even if it was pirated as long people use MS software.

News Comments > Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC "Up for Consideration"
9. Re: Rockstar: GTA 5 for PC Nov 19, 2012, 11:15 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Nov 19, 2012, 11:11:
If anything, this seems to say that a PC version might never happen...
It seems to say: Of course we will make a PC version. But first, you should by the console versions because MS paid us a LOT of money to lure people into buying the 360 version.

News Comments > Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P
53. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 17, 2012, 08:42 Kajetan

D_K_night wrote on Nov 17, 2012, 01:27:
Some of you are just plain asking for too much.
Some of us obviously can't read or comprehend properly.

We, the guys, we are just comparing OTHER F2P games to SWTOR, comparing these already established offerings and business modells to SWTOR. And we come to the conclusion that Bioware and EA failed ONCE AGAIN, because their idea of F2P is to constantly (!) remind the free player, that he is a freeloading asshole.

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 11:16 Kajetan

deqer wrote on Nov 16, 2012, 11:03:
Why would anyone want to play a game that has restrictions in it?
Just compare this crap to the WOW "demo". Blizzard gives you up to level 20 nearly all content and features which were usable with level 20 chars. You can PLAY the game for free and then decide to keep playing and pay the fee.

Compare this crap to LotRO, where you actually can play extensively for free and dont feel bullied into paying a dime, making you feel good about starting to pay, because they gave you so much for free.

This crap called TOR-F2P screams all the the time in your ears, that you cannot do this, that you cannot do that. Bioware and EA are like bouncers at a bad, very bad night club, who hit you unconscious, drag you in and then force you to pay entrance fee, because you wake up inside the club. This will NOT go well. This will get a lot worse for Bioware and EA than it already is.

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic Now F2P Nov 16, 2012, 10:46 Kajetan

Considering all these restriction ... this is NOT F2P. This is Force 2 Pay 2 Play.  

News Comments > Next Call of Duty Tidbits?
10. Re: Next Call of Duty Tidbits? Nov 15, 2012, 05:44 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Nov 14, 2012, 20:10:
10 fucking games with the same fucking mechanics and people will still buy it and call it GOTY.
There will be always people around who have this opinion. The question is only how long are ENOUGH people around who have this opinion?

EA did good with yearly updates of their sports games for about 10-15 years, until the hype slowed down enough to fall back behind Activision. Sure, EA still makes good money with these sports games, but they sell no longer THIS strong to keep EA in number one position.

Expect from CoD roughly the same time frame.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Call of Duty: Black Ops II Nov 13, 2012, 11:27 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Nov 13, 2012, 11:18:
It's getting fantastic reviews ...
Of course it does. It's the most popular video game these days. CoD could be utter shit, reviews would still be fantastic.

1962 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 18.
< Newer [ 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo