Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2023 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts
25. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 3, 2013, 10:56 Kajetan

Mr. Tact wrote on May 3, 2013, 08:45:
I've haven't gotten around to watching Firefly (it's in the Netflix queue), and frankly at this point there is no way it can live up to the hype so many people have given it. Which only increases my hesitation to watch it.
Thats understandable. Therefore i say: Firefly is just a good SF show. With cattle. And a LOT of chinese swearing to outwit the US TV censors. And boobs. Original, unaltered Christina Hendricks boobs. Just watch Firefly for the two episodes with her guest starring. At her boobs. Come on, Give the show a chance

It also features Jewel Staite and Summer Glau. Less boobs, equal or more charming. And i can keep on blabbering about Firefly for hours.

No, really, forget the hype. Free your mind. Just watch it. Not perfect, only good.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts
21. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 3, 2013, 08:10 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 3, 2013, 04:09:
Well the show has a 6.9 rating on IMBD which is pretty fucking horrible. I will never forgive the studio execs who cancelled Firefly, just finished watching it for the first time a few days ago. (I have heard of it before but for some reason never got around to watching it)
Firefly is GOD! Everything works together. Chars, actors, script, setting, effects.

But there is one single reason, why it was doomed to fail in the ratings: Most people dont expect cattle and cowboys in a SF show or spaceships in a western show. Most people need clear and cliche boundaries. A show has to be such and such. And most SF fans are very conservative.

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
28. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 11:50 Kajetan

ViRGE wrote on May 1, 2013, 11:01:
But who does a class action suit help? It doesn't help consumers and it doesn't help publishers.
Why and why? It helps consumers to defend themselves against blatant false advertising claims and it will teach the publishers to be more careful when making a marketing campaign. Everybody wins.

News Comments > Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit
9. Re: Aliens Colonial Marines Lawsuit May 1, 2013, 09:59 Kajetan

Whiskers wrote on May 1, 2013, 09:26:
It's not the company's fault he didn't wait for reviews, read the 1,000's of horrible post all over the internet stating all of these things that were out 30 seconds after the game was released, and the countless videos showing what the game "really" looked like.
No, the company isnt to blame. Of course not ... false advertising is just a minor slipup between gentleman. No need to bother at all.

News Comments > Thief Production Issues?
14. Re: Thief Production Issues? Apr 27, 2013, 05:40 Kajetan

Fantaz wrote on Apr 27, 2013, 05:20:
I can definitely confirm a report on this that it's very much true. I have a close friend who used to work for Eidos Montreal but he quit due to bad management and corporate politics. Their Thief game was rebooted already a number of times due to quality issues (the game/prototype did suck), and I mentioned it in Blues News comments even a couple years ago. I wouldn't be surprised if this turns out to be another situation like Duke Nukem Forever, which would be quite a shame for the Thief series really. Publisher SquareEnix has all the right to be unhappy and concerned.
Is this the same team which made Deus Ex HR?

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 26, 2013, 07:19 Kajetan

The Half Elf wrote on Apr 26, 2013, 00:08:
How hard is it to not say ANYTHING negative for a fallen gamer?
One does not speak bad about the dead out of respect for a human being. Him being a gamer or a (stupid) patriot or whatever doesnt make him better than anyone else loosing his life through war & violence.

News Comments > EA Cuts Staff
2. Re: EA Cuts Staff Apr 25, 2013, 15:49 Kajetan

EA switches to Sim City mode. People with no jobs and no income make happy citizens.  

News Comments > etc., etc.
5. Re: etc., etc. Apr 24, 2013, 06:29 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Apr 24, 2013, 00:06:
Runic gave away the TL 2 soundtrack for free, Blizzard didn't. I think it's pretty obvious that one company is about making players happy and the other is about making money. But you keep on supporting corporatism and greed Krovven.
Blizz gave away for free too. The files are hidden in the game data, you only need to extract them, which might be already possible or will be possible soon for D3. If you have for example WoW, there is no need to buy the soundtrack. Just rip it from the data files and you get even MORE tracks than sold seperately.

News Comments > Ron Gilbert's Hypothetical Monkey Island Dreams
5. Re: Ron Gilbert's Hypothetical Monkey Island Dreams Apr 17, 2013, 11:13 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 10:45:
Remake it, as it was remade what, 3 years ago?
And quite good. The new interface wasnt that a good idea, took a few minutes to adjust, but both remakes of MI1 and MI2 were well done. Had hopes LucasArts would return to this genre, showing what new and fresh game design talent might produce, but ... nothing happened.

News Comments > "Most Challenging Game Ever" Kickstarter
5. Re: Apr 17, 2013, 11:09 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Apr 17, 2013, 11:03:
Yes, because I'd rather have frustrating stupidity than fun gameplay any day of the week. Brilliant marketing job there fellas.

Rolleyes
I guess they did not want the game to have mass market appeal.

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Apr 16, 2013, 10:07 Kajetan

Rattlehead wrote on Apr 16, 2013, 10:02:
Seriously, Gawker is the scum of the internet.
Perhaps, but the essence of the article is nevertheless correct. This industry needs better publishers.

News Comments > Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified
72. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 12:00 Kajetan

Krovven wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 11:29:
That's irrational and an extremely thin argument. You and a few others are reading into something that isn't there and never was there, simply to justify your irrational whining.
You, sir, are the winner of this discussion. Your interpretation of reality is by far the weirdest shit i've read in this thread. You simple define the facts you have presented yourself as not existant, because these facts dont fit into your world view. Not bad, sir, not bad ...

Crown

69. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 11:02 Kajetan

Krovven wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 10:41:
At no point did they say the game would be completely DRM free forever either.
They said: "For PC/Mac/Linux, the game will be available DRM-free from our website."

There is no "Only for backers".

They said: "We are also looking into a Steam release ..."

"Also" as in "optional" and not "We are releasing the game only for backers drm-free on our website and everyone else has to buy it via Steam"

And you call people "idiots" because they actually read AND understand what was said during the Kickstarter campaign? You're a funny guy ...

66. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 10:21 Kajetan

Eirikrautha wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 09:47:
So, basically, what we have here is a group of people who didn't bother to READ the actualities of the kick starter, ...
Where did it say that DRM free was only for backers? Please enlighten me, oh wise one!

64. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 14, 2013, 09:44 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Apr 14, 2013, 09:30:
How is is it fraud when they're going to deliver what they said would? They never made any promises about future DLC. You get the game and editor drm free is you like. That's the agreement.
63 post and still some people dont get it.

They promised a DRM free game. Not "Sry, DRM free only for backers because MS is an asshole!". DRM free. As in "DRM free for everyone because we mentioned no limitations". They started a Kickstarter campaign when those essential details were still in negation. Do you think this good business practice?

3. Re: Shadowrun Returns DRM Clarified Apr 13, 2013, 13:56 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Apr 13, 2013, 13:48:
Why would Microsoft care if the game had DRM? They aren't publishing the title, most likely have already been paid their licensing fee, and have no stake in how many copies it sells. We need to kick the lawyers out of this industry.
Its MS. They like to shit on everything they touch.

News Comments > EA "Wins" Consumerist Poll Again
32. Re: EA Apr 10, 2013, 05:02 Kajetan

Quinn wrote on Apr 10, 2013, 04:29:
There's no such thing as bad publicity, which is exactly why this poll should disappear from the face of the earth.
Tell this John Riccitiello, who was forced to resign from the position of the CEO of EA because business is bad for EA. Bad publicity is NOT GOOD for a company which deals in higly emotional goods like video games.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
2. Re: Steam Top 10 Apr 7, 2013, 14:49 Kajetan

Jivaro wrote on Apr 7, 2013, 14:43:
Shocking.
Shocking how much hype there is about this mediocre game. As with Bioshock a few years ago, the one-eyed is king amongst the blind. Its a sad fact, that a mediocre (not bad, but not THAT good) shooter like Bioshock is indeed the pinnacle of the shooter genre in our days.

News Comments > No One Knows Who Owns NOLF
17. Re: No One Knows Who Owns NOLF Apr 6, 2013, 14:30 Kajetan

Steele Johnson wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 13:42:
TychoCelchuuu wrote on Apr 6, 2013, 11:48:
Oh come on, there's an easy way to figure this out. Just pretend to announce a new NOLF game and wait to see who sues you.

+1
+2

News Comments > Activision Has King's Quest Plans?
14. Re: Activision Has King's Quest Plans? Apr 3, 2013, 14:18 Kajetan

RollinThundr wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 13:18:
To be honest, nostalgia aside, Sierra's whole backlog is somewhat weak and niche to begin with. Gabriel Knight would flop in this day and age, pretty much any title in their backlog is a graphical adventure game often with puzzles, I just don't see those types of games as much as I loved them back then, selling to todays crowd.
It would sell. But not enough to make Bobby Kotick stand up from bed.

You can make good money with adventures and Kings Quest still has a good name with fans of this genre. But why should Actiblizz deal with small fish in a pond when they are hunting whole whale schools in the middle of the ocean during a heavy storm? Modern Warfare 3: 1 BILLION EFFIN DOLLARS IN ONLY TWO WEEKS! MORE THAN CAMERONS AVATAR!!

Kings Quest? *pffft* *snort*

2023 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo