Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1979 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting "Hack" Posts
16. Re: SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting Mar 15, 2013, 11:56 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 11:37:
Given how little else they have going on in this game, I'm going to guess that a lot of their performance limitations have to do with the hundreds or thousands of cars and pedestrians that are clickable, have names, and run in circles eating up CPU cycles because they were born stupid.
Someone already pointed out that Tropico 1 had this too. With thousands of people living and working on an island. This game was released more than 12 years ago. We had the CityBuilder series from Impressions. With individual citizens.

THERE ARE NO RESSOURCE HUNGRY OPERATIONS IN SIM SHITTY!! Wise up already

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting Mar 15, 2013, 11:28 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 11:20:
All the talk of persistance for the individual sims? I don't give a fuck about the individual sims! Delete that whole concept to free up processor cycles for something more important.

There isnt much to gain. Saying it politely: "Move to next free target" does not take much ressources.

3. Re: SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting Mar 15, 2013, 09:59 Kajetan

wraithnix wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 09:51:
1000% percent transparent about deleting forum posts. I'm not sure what to say about that.
Well, for starters, it's not a lie, it's not marketing fudge speak. See? They can learn!!

News Comments > etc., etc.
7. Re: etc., etc. Mar 15, 2013, 08:58 Kajetan

mag wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 01:28:
I'm not a mega superfan of his latest stuff, but damn the Total Annihilation soundtrack was amazing. Amazing!
Soule has made four soundtracks, which really stand out:

1. Total Annihilation
2. TA Kingdoms (weird game, but oh so beautiful music)
3. Guild Wars 1 (Main + all Addons)
4. Morrowind

Everything else is just a variation of the Morrowind theme. And Skyrims soundtrack is soooooooooooooo boring, good god!

News Comments > SimCity Hacked to Play Offline?
105. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 17:11 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 16:03:
I think EA really learned its lesson with burning studios to the ground.
Thats right. But instead they are burning their own franchises. Choose your poison

70. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 12:58 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 12:53:
Yeah people are already getting up to shenanigans with CheatEngine too. Looks like EA dropped the ball on more fronts than we imagined here.
And even without manipulating data ... just start a town, leave and ruin the towns of everyone else in this region. Griefing by design!

66. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 12:51 Kajetan

Breaking News:

http://forum.ea.com/de/posts/list/999140.page

Someone claimed to have modified a local savegame, which will delete other players towns in this region after sychronising with the EA server.

The topic is already closed, btw.

45. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 11:33 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 11:22:
There is no conspiracy. They put shit in a box, got some 'honest' early previews out and then let the money start pouring in...

They just dont give a fuck, because in their eyes gamers are sheep who never learn, who keep buying less for more and EA is congratulating itself Bender style: ANOTHER JOB WELL DONE! all the way to the bank...
Yepp. As he said. It's simply a business model.

Which does not work very well anymore, considering EAs trouble following the flop of Warfighter, where they had fire staff and freeze the marketing budget for a few months. But they cannot think of something else. Everyone who had different opinions left EA long ago. There are only clueless business MBAs left, led by a clueless CEO who wonders why the EA stock stays in the cellar.

News Comments > Alice 3 Possibilities Raised
7. Re: Alice 3 Possibilities Raised Mar 14, 2013, 10:43 Kajetan

yonder wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 10:40:
I was interested until I saw those two letters "EA"...
Read further. He tries to get the rights to Alice from EA

If he succeeds, why not? Nowadays not being released by EA is a great plus for a game.

20. Re: SimCity Hacked to Play Offline? Mar 14, 2013, 10:04 Kajetan

Yakubs wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 09:59:
When everyone is blasting EA for lying, let's not let Maxis off the hook here. They deserve just as much indignation for this mess of a game release and it pains me to see them potentially getting away from this without much damage to their reputation.
There is no difference between EA and Maxis. Its the same company. EA only kept the Maxis name for brand reasons.

News Comments > Alice 3 Possibilities Raised
1. Re: Alice 3 Possibilities Raised Mar 14, 2013, 09:18 Kajetan

"If we could get the rights from EA, would you play "Alice 3?"

Only if i have to be online all the time and Alice isn't really in the game, because Alice 3 is a simple spreadsheet app, which actually does not work as a spreadsheets app, because it only displays an empty spreadsheet page. But you have to be online to see this image. Which is downloaded to your hard drive. But we dont tell you. Because!

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
29. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 14, 2013, 06:58 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 06:39:
So, in these tiny cities... it really only simulates about 10% of the population and the rest aren't?
It does say "SIM City" on the box, doesn't it? You can't critizise a simulation for simulating stuff

27. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 14, 2013, 06:08 Kajetan

wonkawonka wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 05:14:
It gets better:
Thank you!

The only thing worthwile in Sim Shitty right now is the data visualization. Excellent work! Worthwile enough to download the game once a crack for the startup activation is available.

25. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 14, 2013, 05:14 Kajetan

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 04:11:
TLDR: It's not a sim, and you can't build cities. This cannot be patched.
This release reminds me of "Gothic 3". Which was not only full of bugs and clearly not ready for release, but after all those official and unofficial fan patches it became clear that this game was broken by design which could only be fixed by making a new game.

Gothic 3 broke Jowoods back as a publisher and it nearly killed the developer. Lets see what happens to EA and its subdivision Maxis.

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
78. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 16:48 Kajetan

JohnnyRotten wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 16:45:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 15:57:
Sim Shitty

Nice! Brings back memories of City Wok from South Park.
Credit goes to someone else here on Bluesnews

75. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 15:57 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 15:11:
It's sad that Sim City 4 is actually a better sim than this.
Sad? SC4 is an excellent game. There is no shame in being a worse sim than this game. The thing is though ... Sim Shitty isnt a sim. It is designed to be a money accumulation service, targeted at people who have more money than brains.

42. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 09:07 Kajetan

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 08:56:
That's not hurt feelings, it's disgust at how whiny half the people here are.
And there you are whining about other people whining. It funny everytime you show up and you still dont get your own hypocrisy.

But please, go on, dont let me stand in your way of not realizing how foolish you look.

37. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 08:43 Kajetan

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 08:19:
And EVERYTIME you chip in to blabber about your hurt feelings.

23. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 03:29 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 01:22:
EA. We say it's in the game, but it really isn't.
Thank you! I just had to wipe my monitor

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
116. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 12, 2013, 19:17 Kajetan

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/12/simcity-server-not-necessary/

As it says: Servers are not necessary!

1979 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo