Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1922 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

News Comments > More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage
8. Re: More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage Feb 20, 2013, 11:11 Kajetan

Armengar wrote on Feb 20, 2013, 11:07:
blockiness reminded me of dark forces. It just looks dated and poor.
Do you even know how Dark Forces looks?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage
1. Re: More Cancelled Aliens RPG Footage Feb 20, 2013, 09:02 Kajetan

Someone at Obsidian got angry? Freelancers in search of new employments want to show their work?  

News Comments > Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB
45. Re: Bungie on PC Destiny Possibilities and How Nobody Wants to Play with Mouse/KB Feb 19, 2013, 03:59 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Feb 19, 2013, 03:08:
Also, pretty much anyone tries cross platform play, they have to nerf PC users or boost console users (with auto aim etc), so I'm pretty sure PC users are at an advantage.
Remember this Shadowrun shooter? They hyped cross plattform play, they tried it, they scrapped it. Because this does not work with shooters. In fact, cross plattform gameplay works with only very very few genres.

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
9. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 18, 2013, 11:42 Kajetan

HorrorScope wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 09:44:
"Our graphics programmers said, 'we're going to give them a game they can't run any more."
That is easy. Especially for Crytek. Simply redo the coding mess you did with Crysis 1.

News Comments > Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations
12. Re: Cancelled Aliens RPG Animations Feb 18, 2013, 11:37 Kajetan

fujiJuice wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 11:09:
A fun little clip from my jaunt through the game ...
I see a marine and an alien warrior getting along. Until you came and shot everyone!!!! You are a bad, bad man!

News Comments > Destiny Announced for Consoles
37. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 18, 2013, 05:39 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 05:02:
They revamped the equipment system, the skill system, the combat and the party system.
In this case: Revamping = dumbing down. A lot!

In comparison to Gothic, Risen 2 was nice and simple action game with a few RPG elements. I am GLAD, that the sales of Risen 2 weren't nearly as high as expected. As with Gothic 4: Arcania, the attempt to gain a broader audience for a once dedicated niche RPG franchise was not very sucessful. RPG fans do not want a watered down gameplay and "casual" players have no interest in a game they knew only as a complicated and time consuming RPG.

33. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 18, 2013, 02:06 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 18, 2013, 01:39:
I'm not sure how they can make that statement with a straight face.
When marketing not only markets your game, but begins shaping your thoughts and actions, thats when you start talking bull. Just look at Randy Pitchfail. This guy was talking smack for years and now he starts to believe in his own lies, resulting in this horrible failure named Colonial Marines.

1. Re: Destiny Announced for Consoles Feb 17, 2013, 17:11 Kajetan

Of course this game is only for consoles. Bungie has no experience in making shooters for the PC at all. And this title being an online-only game, i forgive them for not knowing how to make a good PC shooter. Because i have no interest in online-only games besides some WoW now and then.

This comment was edited on Feb 17, 2013, 17:27.

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com
6. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Feb 14, 2013, 10:46 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 10:01:
It really saddens me that Bioshock didn't follow this formula, and wasn't a true "spiritual successor".
Sadly Crowdfunding for video games wasnt that popular in 2007

News Comments > etc., etc.
9. Re: etc., etc. Feb 14, 2013, 02:08 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Feb 14, 2013, 00:39:
Recommended:
Hard Drive: 20GB free hard disk space
Funny how my installation only shows 6.2GB installed. I guess the other 13.8GB just vanished in to thin air?
Easy! That is space reserved for upcoming DLC. The DLC which makes this game good.

News Comments > System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow
6. Re: System Shock 2 on GOG.com Tomorrow Feb 13, 2013, 10:15 Kajetan

What about System Shock 1? Any word on that?  

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines
29. Re: Ships Ahoy - Aliens: Colonial Marines Feb 12, 2013, 10:24 Kajetan

nin wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 09:40:

edit: It does make you wonder what's up at gearbox, though. They treat their own IP decent, while dumping out stuff acquired from previous devs. Guess it was a quick cash grab.
A dangerous cash grab, because this crap is associated with Gearbox, not with the former dev. For the second time Gearbox works with utter trainwrecks to put their name on. Does nobody care about their own reputation?

News Comments > Tomb Raider Trailer
15. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 12, 2013, 06:22 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 23:28:
Also, there doesn't appear to be any correlation between gameplay and story. Lara is supposed to be inexperienced, yet she runs around murdering hardened killers left and right.
Yep, this is ... not very smart. But i guess the new Tomb Raider is not aimed at "smart" people.

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 12, 2013, 04:52 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 01:38:
She was never that hot to begin with.
For me, Megan Fox has the sex appeal of an old worn sock. Its the emptiness of her expression, this liveless and superficial beauty, which does not move one single blood cell from one point of my body to another.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 11, 2013, 09:43 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 09:05:
Skylanders is the franchise that marketing built, it's unreal just how powerful it is these days.
Remember the first Pokemon hype? How everyone just wondered what the hell Nintendo was doing to these kids? Pokemon and Skylanders are not the result of good marketing, but of a perfect understanding of a childs mind.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
43. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 11, 2013, 08:38 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 18:32:
I don't think it was generic at all. The hub-based level design was interesting, as was the dimensional switching. The weapon upgrade system was cool too. Wolfenstein 2009 was far more innovative than RtCW (in terms of SP).
All true. But ... it FELT generic and bland. There were several interesting features, but there was no coherent game.

31. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 10, 2013, 10:07 Kajetan

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 08:56:
So, what are you talking about?
He is talking about simplifying and dumbing down certain gameplay mechanics, because these gameplay mechanics were not designed for consoles and gamepads.

3. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 16:01 Kajetan

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 15:59:
Prefer id software to actually make a Wolf game though.
Why? Did they hire new game design talent and dropped this idTech 5 crap?

News Comments > RAGE Tool Kit
37. Re: RAGE Tool Kit Feb 9, 2013, 11:20 Kajetan

Soulburner wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 09:54:
Tim Willits may be a good lead designer ...
Considering Doom 3 and Rage ... no, he's not. He is absolutely better at this job than i ever will be, but he's nothing more than an average game designer, who ended up working at id, where people like John Romero and others defined ego-shooter gameplay for a decade. So is id. Average. Nothing special anymore. Just one of many, many videogame companies, making average videogames.

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References "A Disservice"
33. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 15:26 Kajetan

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:15:
Frankly I think Bioware would have done better had they put their MMO resources in a Mass Effect MMO rather than the ill-fated SWTOR.
SWTOR isn't a failure because of the setting. Its a failure because Bioware doesnt know how to make a good MMO.

1922 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 13.
< Newer [ 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo