Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
28. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 10:10 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 05:50:
There is.
At id? No. There is no decent game design talent at id since (including) Doom 3. Tim Willits may be nice guy, but he is not a very good game designer. Or he is, but his work is constantly mutilated by Carmack and others with "suggestions" he had to implement.

Doom 3 suffered heavily from bad game design (it took Willits nearly ten years to admit, that there was "something" wrong with it) and Rage was one hell of example for destroying a perfectly good setting with inconsistent level and game play design.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
23. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 04:10 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 03:58:
Im still holding out hope that they will make a triumphant return to that style and form...
Why? With whom? There is no talent left at id.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
10. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 17:17 Kajetan

They removed the DRM restrictions? Fine. But that doesnt rectify all their lying and arrogant behaviour towards their customers. These are still the same people with the same clusterfucked mindset.  

News Comments > It came from E3 2013, Part One
9. Re: It came from E3 2013, Part One Jun 13, 2013, 13:21 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 12:56:
Kajetan wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 09:01:
Titanfall: How no one cares but will still make a billion dollars

Fixed
I'm not so sure if they can repeat the success of CoD. I'm not convinced that Destiny will be the new Halo for Activision. People want CoD, not some other game like CoD, only with mechs and lasers.

News Comments > It came from E3 2013, Part One
1. Re: It came from E3 2013, Part One Jun 13, 2013, 09:01 Kajetan

Titanfall: How no one cares ...  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 08:09 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 22:18:
Whilst the Lego games are fun I wish they would have had a better control scheme for the mouse/kb.
Lego Games. The one and only reason i bought a controller. Playable with mouse/kb? Yes. Fun? Hell, no!!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:20 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:09:
Sony really gave it to Microsoft sans lube last night, I haven't seen an owning like that since the last time I watched Sepharo beat up my server in CS.
And the really funny thing is ... people are excited about the PS4 not about something special Sony might have done, but because Microsoft so utterly, utterly fucked up their own product.

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
10. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 15:04 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on May 30, 2013, 13:33:
Farcry 1 multiplayer is probably my favorite of all time. People said that it sucked because it was different from COD and people didn't want to learn it and have to suck again. That's the only possible reason because it was tight as hell.
The failure of FC1 MP was not its gameplay, but its utter lack of support. Crytek blamed it on Ubisoft, but they showed that they are not able or not willing to make a decent MP for their games.

News Comments > Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week
3. Re: Crysis 3: The Lost Island Announced; Due Next Week May 30, 2013, 09:56 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on May 30, 2013, 09:46:
I tried out the multiplayer and there was about 6 games that actually had people in them and none of them were full.
Crytek burned people good with the MP in Far Cry. Since then its always the same ... no one plays, no one cares. At least on the PC.

News Comments > Sunday Consolidation
14. Re: Sunday Consolidation May 27, 2013, 05:19 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on May 26, 2013, 20:57:
  • Has any console come back from the dead to become an "overwhelming success"? Where's the historical precedent for this?]
  • The PS3. Not only declared Dead on Arrival, but being clearly dead for two or three years after it's release. Nowadays, the PS3 sells very good and is responsible for making the entertainment division of Sony one of the few profitable divisions of this company. Overall, the PS3 is still a loss, considering it's very high dev and marketing costs.

News Comments > Op Ed
    4. Re: Op Ed May 26, 2013, 14:12 Kajetan

The really sad thing ... we're talking about virtual economies. You dont have to suffer "inflation" or such. You have everything at your disposal to counter these developements. Games are a PARADISE for modern business scientists, where you can explore and influence every notion and motion an economy makes.

But looking at recent events, all i see is video game companies with no knowledge on how to manage virtual economies. Heck, even Blizzard, with all the money to afford a whole staff of economists ... they just stood there and let it all fall apart.

News Comments > Atari Fire Sale
    11. Re: Atari Fire Sale May 23, 2013, 10:59 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 23, 2013, 10:27:
    Yep that would be my guess. I imagine a new Total Annihilation, which could be kind of cool, although to be fair I couldnt get in to the last one, what was it called Supreme Commander 2 right? Kind of sucked...
    SC2 wasn't that bad on its own. But compared to its predecessor ...

News Comments > MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue
    34. Re: MS's PC Gaming Disregard to Continue May 23, 2013, 01:58 Kajetan

NKD wrote on May 22, 2013, 21:41:
    You're the second person to make a comment like this, and honestly, people said the same thing a decade ago.
    But a decade ago there was no incentive to abandon Windows as a gaming plattform. Now there is. The circumstances have changed. MS does no longer support PC gaming. Crowdfunding and Android make projects like the Ouya possible. Others will follow.

The times, they are a changing!

News Comments > Morning Legal Briefs
    4. Re: Morning Legal Briefs May 21, 2013, 13:38 Kajetan

$4.99!

Oh, wait ...

News Comments > Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team
    16. Re: Obsidian Joins Skyforge Team May 20, 2013, 08:50 Kajetan

Ozmodan wrote on May 20, 2013, 08:10:
    Obsidian is synonymous with buggy code
    Was. Dungeon Siege 3, boring as it was, was very stable and had a high release quality. It was the first game using Obsidians new QA tool. The days of Bugsidian are over.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves
    12. Re: Steamships Ahoy - Thunder Wolves May 16, 2013, 16:34 Kajetan

Sir Graves wrote on May 16, 2013, 16:10:
    Eh, it's been getting so much press lately because gamers (and the gaming press) just love the name. The actual gameplay looks rather lame, TBH.
    Of course its "lame". Its nothing more than a simple arcade shooter in an 80-ish action movie/tv setting. Think "Airwolf" and this is the game from the TV show. Mindless, stupid, tasteless, dumb. But fun, when your brain temporarily isn't capable of a more coherent thought process.

News Comments > Game Reviews
    14. Re: Game Reviews May 14, 2013, 19:01 Kajetan

Mad Max RW wrote on May 14, 2013, 16:28:
    I love how Angry Joe flip flopped big time on A:CM. Maybe he will learn to stop being free marketing for shit companies in the future.
    AngryJoe is part of the whole marketing campaign train since he started accepting copies from publishers and no longer buys them himself. They simply use him and he doesnt seem to understand that fact. I cant take his rants serious. In the case of Metro LL he goes on for about 15 min. and then concludes his rant with a simple "Yeah, and my review will be online in a few days, yaddayadda, embargo, cant tell more about the game, yaddayadda".

There is no: "Koch Media, fuck you! No money for you assholes! Im done reviewing your games!"

There is only a show-off, pretending to be upset. AngryJoe has become pathetic!

News Comments > Game Reviews
    2. Re: Game Reviews May 14, 2013, 11:17 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on May 14, 2013, 09:57:
    Angry Joe's rant is spot on.
    AngryJoes represents the typical nerd rage. Red face, high blood pressure, angry words, but at the end of the day they just fork over the monies, because they still haven't learned to say NO, THANK YOU!

News Comments > EA Dropping Licensed Firearms
    35. Re: EA Dropping Licensed Firearms May 8, 2013, 04:17 Kajetan

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on May 8, 2013, 03:59:
    Quinn wrote on May 8, 2013, 03:54:

What I'm not getting is why people in the States can simply just... own.. a gun. To us Europeans that simply sounds completely and utterly out of this world. In fact, it's a face-palm thing to most of us regarding the USA. That whole "I'm cleaning my gun every night and I'm god durned proud of it" is simply one hell of a hill-billy mentality.

Apart from the Islamification due to blind tolerance here, the USA should look at Europe a bit more, imo. There is simply no freaking need to let everyone own a gun.

Hehe Quinn, you stole the words from my mind. I am sure you are not talking for all of Europe but definitely for me. Considering the islamification of western societies, I damned well hope you speak for all... although I know all too well the holier-than-thou's with their heads in the sand. T_T
    Islamification? Rubbish! Utter nonsense & rubbish! There is no "Islamification", there is only fear and hate mongering from people, who are afraid of the unknown future.

News Comments > Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts
    25. Re: Defiance Boasts a Million Accounts May 3, 2013, 10:56 Kajetan

Mr. Tact wrote on May 3, 2013, 08:45:
    I've haven't gotten around to watching Firefly (it's in the Netflix queue), and frankly at this point there is no way it can live up to the hype so many people have given it. Which only increases my hesitation to watch it.
    Thats understandable. Therefore i say: Firefly is just a good SF show. With cattle. And a LOT of chinese swearing to outwit the US TV censors. And boobs. Original, unaltered Christina Hendricks boobs. Just watch Firefly for the two episodes with her guest starring. At her boobs. Come on, Give the show a chance

It also features Jewel Staite and Summer Glau. Less boobs, equal or more charming. And i can keep on blabbering about Firefly for hours.

No, really, forget the hype. Free your mind. Just watch it. Not perfect, only good.

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 12.
    < Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo