Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1946 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > SimCity Status Report
25. Re: SimCity Status Report Mar 14, 2013, 05:14 Kajetan

JoeNapalm wrote on Mar 14, 2013, 04:11:
TLDR: It's not a sim, and you can't build cities. This cannot be patched.
This release reminds me of "Gothic 3". Which was not only full of bugs and clearly not ready for release, but after all those official and unofficial fan patches it became clear that this game was broken by design which could only be fixed by making a new game.

Gothic 3 broke Jowoods back as a publisher and it nearly killed the developer. Lets see what happens to EA and its subdivision Maxis.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > More on Offline SimCity
78. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 16:48 Kajetan

JohnnyRotten wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 16:45:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 15:57:
Sim Shitty

Nice! Brings back memories of City Wok from South Park.
Credit goes to someone else here on Bluesnews

75. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 15:57 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 15:11:
It's sad that Sim City 4 is actually a better sim than this.
Sad? SC4 is an excellent game. There is no shame in being a worse sim than this game. The thing is though ... Sim Shitty isnt a sim. It is designed to be a money accumulation service, targeted at people who have more money than brains.

42. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 09:07 Kajetan

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 08:56:
That's not hurt feelings, it's disgust at how whiny half the people here are.
And there you are whining about other people whining. It funny everytime you show up and you still dont get your own hypocrisy.

But please, go on, dont let me stand in your way of not realizing how foolish you look.

37. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 08:43 Kajetan

RollinThundr wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 08:19:
And EVERYTIME you chip in to blabber about your hurt feelings.

23. Re: More on Offline SimCity Mar 13, 2013, 03:29 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Mar 13, 2013, 01:22:
EA. We say it's in the game, but it really isn't.
Thank you! I just had to wipe my monitor

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
116. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 12, 2013, 19:17 Kajetan

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/03/12/simcity-server-not-necessary/

As it says: Servers are not necessary!

News Comments > SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment
97. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 12, 2013, 02:49 Kajetan

deqer wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 18:48:
I heard the hackers have gotten around the DRM, and you can get it on piratebay now. Not sure what that means, but sounds like it's not an emulation hack; sounds like the hackers have all the assets they needed to run the full game, in offline-mode.
If someone has circumvented the need to be online, he hasnt published anything. At the moment, there is no crack, no server emulator.

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
3. Re: U.K. Sales Charts Mar 11, 2013, 16:31 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 15:53:
Dem Brits sure love their Sims! Maybe they like being the Big Brother for a change? :p
London is the city with the highest density of security cameras surveying public space. Which hasnt any effect on the crime rate at all, but hey, it does feel safer?

12. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 09:37 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Mar 11, 2013, 09:10:
I don't see people getting a lot of mileage out of this, we were bored after a few hours and loaded up Company of Heroes to do some LAN. Cities XL seems more ambitious which is kinda sad.
Remember The Sims? The first one? Where, after a few hours of feverish playing you just stopped, because you realized that you had done everything this game had to offer? And when the addons were released, you thought "Oh, boy (or girl)! Finally some new furnitures and things to do around the house!".

Well, my sister thought that. Nearly three years. Bought an addon, played a week, got bored because she had seen everything, stopped playing, bought the next addon, repeat. And when The Sims 2 was released, she just shrugged and said: "Meh, the same only with nicer graphics, i'll pass. Lets play some WoW!"

They are trying the Sims approach. Offer the player little, so that DLC and addons seem to be much more attractive.

And complete OT: Where can i change the board settings, so that new comments are marked with red dot? The last Firefox update deleted all settings and cookies.

This comment was edited on Mar 11, 2013, 09:42.

4. Re: SimCity: Now With 92% Less Crashing; Maxis Walks Back from Offline Comment Mar 11, 2013, 09:01 Kajetan

The game was designed for MP

No more "Your computer is too weak, so we had to use a cloud based server to handle all these computations" crap? And then Will Wright with "Building cities was a fad. Managing a small village, to keep it financially afloat, THATS the new shit"

This debacle is so funny, i havent got the time to be angry anymore

News Comments > Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted
17. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 10, 2013, 19:24 Kajetan

Beelzebud wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:30:
I don't see how they thought it would be some blockbuster hit.
Me neither. Funny thing is ... MP1 was a surprise hit, MP2 was a commercial failure. And suddenly MP3 was supposed to have the potential of massive mainstream sucess? Max Payne was always a typical cult hit, a dedicated niche game for a dedicated niche audience. Max Payne never was a franchise with the potential for being the next GTA or CoD.

13. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 10, 2013, 18:21 Kajetan

siapnar wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 18:00:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 17:20:
It isnt. MP3 was, compared to its long and costly development, a commercial failure. One little Steam sale ten months after release doesnt change anything.
I assumed, since I've seen it in the Steam Top 10 many times, that it was selling well.
Maybe it was a respectable seller on Steam, but only 2.5 mio. copies sold on 360 and PS3 since the release is NOT a success, when you consider the high developement and marketing costs. Rockstar simply overestimated the desire for a new MP game, therefore letting the game cost way too much.

8. Re: Max Payne 3 Steam CD Keys Exhausted Mar 10, 2013, 17:20 Kajetan

siapnar wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 16:47:
I loved the game. I'm glad it's selling well
It isnt. MP3 was, compared to its long and costly development, a commercial failure. One little Steam sale ten months after release doesnt change anything.

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
8. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 16:51 Kajetan

Quboid wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 16:47:
I'm still annoyed that Anno 2070 has (had?) an always-on requirement. I passed on an Anno game for the first time. I think I heard they were patching the requirement out but I don't know if they delivered.
They haven't.

News Comments > EA Will "Look Into" Offline SimCity; New Patch Released
5. Re: EA Will Mar 10, 2013, 16:39 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Mar 10, 2013, 16:29:
The problem is that once the server issues are gone, the motivation to complain goes with it. Sure, they gotta be online, but if the servers are working, they aren't going to be nearly as mad about it and are more likely to overlook the issue. :/
Remember Spore? It took nearly five years to climb from a one star rating on Amazon to a measly 3 star rating. Sim City Online will suffer the same fate.

And remember what EA wanted from Spore? Being the new The Sims with tons of addons and stuff to sell? The second (!) addon was to be released in 2009, then in 2012 and now it has vanished without notice.

Sim City WILL suffer the same fate. EA will cancel this game without any offline mode in two years.

News Comments > EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game
51. Re: EA Adds SimCity Servers; Promises Free Game Mar 9, 2013, 15:58 Kajetan

Panickd wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 15:48:
This kind of screw up is what trips up the whole "always connected" DRM scheme (and gives fuel to the fire). If you want it, publishers, then you better hold up your fucking end of the deal and have a backend that can support it!
And this is the beauty of it all. An expensive backend cuts into the revenue, which already suffers from very high developement and marketing costs

Whatever the majors do to increase their revenue, it only works on short, very short terms. This is no longer a sustainable business. This is a train running full speed to the end of the track!

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Mar 9, 2013, 08:49 Kajetan

Golwar wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 07:55:
Geez, gamers are really a disgrace sometimes.
There are no "gamers". There are only people. Some smart, some dumb, some eager to learn from their experience, some just staying clueless. And there are people who like nothing more than to complain about what some people have to say about other people. Like you. Having fun?

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Mar 9, 2013, 06:56 Kajetan

Julio wrote on Mar 8, 2013, 21:09:
Kind of funny that SimCity2000 is a top selling game on GOG right now.
Jepp. This IS funny

News Comments > Op Ed
16. Re: Op Ed Mar 9, 2013, 06:55 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Mar 9, 2013, 02:27:
God look at the comments from those sheeple.
Let them. They get what they deserve.

1946 Comments. 98 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo