Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1890 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

News Comments > Tomb Raider Trailer
15. Re: More Big Picture Details Feb 12, 2013, 06:22 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 23:28:
Also, there doesn't appear to be any correlation between gameplay and story. Lara is supposed to be inexperienced, yet she runs around murdering hardened killers left and right.
Yep, this is ... not very smart. But i guess the new Tomb Raider is not aimed at "smart" people.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Feb 12, 2013, 04:52 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Feb 12, 2013, 01:38:
She was never that hot to begin with.
For me, Megan Fox has the sex appeal of an old worn sock. Its the emptiness of her expression, this liveless and superficial beauty, which does not move one single blood cell from one point of my body to another.

News Comments > etc.
4. Re: etc. Feb 11, 2013, 09:43 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Feb 11, 2013, 09:05:
Skylanders is the franchise that marketing built, it's unreal just how powerful it is these days.
Remember the first Pokemon hype? How everyone just wondered what the hell Nintendo was doing to these kids? Pokemon and Skylanders are not the result of good marketing, but of a perfect understanding of a childs mind.

News Comments > New Wolfenstein Game?
43. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 11, 2013, 08:38 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 18:32:
I don't think it was generic at all. The hub-based level design was interesting, as was the dimensional switching. The weapon upgrade system was cool too. Wolfenstein 2009 was far more innovative than RtCW (in terms of SP).
All true. But ... it FELT generic and bland. There were several interesting features, but there was no coherent game.

31. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 10, 2013, 10:07 Kajetan

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 10, 2013, 08:56:
So, what are you talking about?
He is talking about simplifying and dumbing down certain gameplay mechanics, because these gameplay mechanics were not designed for consoles and gamepads.

3. Re: New Wolfenstein Game? Feb 9, 2013, 16:01 Kajetan

netnerd85 wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 15:59:
Prefer id software to actually make a Wolf game though.
Why? Did they hire new game design talent and dropped this idTech 5 crap?

News Comments > RAGE Tool Kit
37. Re: RAGE Tool Kit Feb 9, 2013, 11:20 Kajetan

Soulburner wrote on Feb 9, 2013, 09:54:
Tim Willits may be a good lead designer ...
Considering Doom 3 and Rage ... no, he's not. He is absolutely better at this job than i ever will be, but he's nothing more than an average game designer, who ended up working at id, where people like John Romero and others defined ego-shooter gameplay for a decade. So is id. Average. Nothing special anymore. Just one of many, many videogame companies, making average videogames.

News Comments > BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References "A Disservice"
33. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 15:26 Kajetan

Beelzebud wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 15:15:
Frankly I think Bioware would have done better had they put their MMO resources in a Mass Effect MMO rather than the ill-fated SWTOR.
SWTOR isn't a failure because of the setting. Its a failure because Bioware doesnt know how to make a good MMO.

17. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 11:18 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 10:49:
You underestimate the 'brainpower' of EA's marketing peons.

I give you Mass Effect: Warfighter!
I stand corrected. Still using too much brain when analyzing or assessing EAs past or possible future activities. Never underestimate the power of S.T.U.P.I.D.

4. Re: BioWare: Mass Effect 4/ME4 References Feb 7, 2013, 09:44 Kajetan

vrok wrote on Feb 7, 2013, 09:36:
No, because the game does not have to come after. Or before. Or off to the side.
It doesn't have to come before, after, or off to the side of Shepard's story? What? What else is there? Is he high?
He wants to be sure, that everyone gets his point

But we all know that Bioware is nothing more than EAs slave, so the next installment WILL be called ME4. Everything else is bad marketing. You dont just throw a number away.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3 Feb 6, 2013, 03:39 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Feb 5, 2013, 22:20:
Game Informer magazine who said Dead Space 3, [is] one of the best games of this generation.

Cereal? Obviously someone has low standards and hasn't played very many games.
Someone has got monies. Lots of. EA has to make sure that the masses will buy DS3 in droves. So they buy reviews. What else is not new?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3
9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dead Space 3 Feb 6, 2013, 03:37 Kajetan

robdot wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 02:19:
Very soon publishers will stop making ports for you to steal ,or bitch about, or declare you wont buy.
YESSSSS! Finally!

News Comments > TTimo: id "Lost Interest Towards the PC"
11. Re: TTimo: id Feb 6, 2013, 03:31 Kajetan

mystery8 wrote on Feb 6, 2013, 03:29:
It seems like if I want to enjoy an id game I'll have to play an old one. Sad since they used to be my favorite.
Carmack isnt a game designer. And since Quake 3, id is devoid of any capable game design talent.

News Comments > Op Ed
14. Re: Op Ed Feb 1, 2013, 14:06 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 13:42:
Yes, it's both. But to 99% of consumers it's one. You have to handle it as such.
Would you please stop it already and admit you made a mistake?

You turn the definition of words just as you please. You dont argue anymore, you are blabbering.

News Comments > Op Ed
7. Re: Op Ed Feb 1, 2013, 10:12 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Feb 1, 2013, 10:10:
I get it.
No. You dont.

This is supposed to be a beta test, not an official demo.

News Comments > EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a "Rest"
23. Re: EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a Jan 31, 2013, 09:35 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jan 31, 2013, 09:07:
MOH had no value.
The video from Total Biscuit "Modern Military Shooters in a nutshell" sums it all up. We all know the flaws of CoD's SP campaign. It is already that bad as it is. A slightly interactive action movie, which disguised itself as a game, because you can shoot at things if you wish, but it doesnt matter if you do, because the story progresses without you actually playing anything.

But Warfighter managed to lower even that bar.

News Comments > EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a "Rest"
18. Re: EA Financials - Medal of Honor Getting a Jan 31, 2013, 08:22 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 21:26:
Poooooor EA. I feel so bad for them.
Read more on Gamasutra:
http://www.gamasutra.com
EA had heavy financial troubles. They had to fire people and had to freeze the marketing budget for a while, because of the very low sales of Warfighter (Bruhaha).

News Comments > Crysis 3 Crisis Averted
8. Re: Crysis 3 Crisis Averted Jan 30, 2013, 10:15 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 09:46:
Because, from their perspective, it's better to ask for too much in the ToS and be forced to cut it than to ask for too little and either give up something critical or get sued for doing something necessary.
Sure, i am with you on this. On a theoretical basis

But ... a legal department running wild and NOT discussing ToS or EULAs with other departments which can give advice on how to make the EULAs content for a product they designed? Sadly, it's standard in many companies. Legal has free reign. Mostly, and this is the real sad part, mostly because they have detailled knowledge of all the fuckups the executives have done. Because they were the ones who fixed them. They are the ones who cover up shady business deals or simple tax fraud here and there. So, mostly they can do whatever they like and face no consequences for the fuckups THEY do to other departments.

Do i hate laywers? No. Not all of them. Not in general. But i hate selfrighteous jerks!

News Comments > Crysis 3 Crisis Averted
3. Re: Crysis 3 Crisis Averted Jan 30, 2013, 09:42 Kajetan

dj LiTh wrote on Jan 30, 2013, 09:17:
So they arent changing the EULA but they arent enforcing it? Is that like reserving the option to fuck you in the ass?
That is in most cases the advise of the legal department. Never admit you are wrong. NEVER!

I experienced the same clusterfuck years ago, when the company laywers went crazy with the new TOS for our products. Customers, who actually read this shit were confused and/or angry. Very bad press was generated. Only after a few court proceedings were lost, the TOS finally changed.

The legal department? Everything was smooth, nobody of THEM faced any consequences. Instead the companies executives tried to blame customer service and public relations for doing a bad job in defending the company.

News Comments > Evening Q&As
8. Re: Evening Q&As Jan 29, 2013, 04:56 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Jan 29, 2013, 03:48:
... who are they kidding trying to make it seem like it's a monumental task to create a PC port of the game.
You. And me. And everyone elso. Including themselves, when they start to believe their own lies. Which happened at EA years ago.

1890 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 12.
< Newer [ 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo