Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
8. Re: Morning Consolidation Oct 8, 2013, 13:36 Kajetan

"PlayStation 5 probably wonít be console, itíll be a cloud service, says Tekkenís Harada."

How to share PS5 games with your friends:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKdBecUSGP0

... oh, wait, right. It's a me, Cloudio!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > SimCity Offline Mode a "Possibility"
2. Re: SimCity Offline Mode a Oct 4, 2013, 16:03 Kajetan

Liars! All of them!  

News Comments > CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased
5. Re: CD Projekt RED/ Dark Horse Fantasy Game Teased Oct 3, 2013, 14:45 Kajetan

They are lying! I live right at the edge of the Black Forest. There is nothing in it or near it to fear about!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Forest

News Comments > Daikatana on Steam
3. Re: Daikatana on Steam Oct 2, 2013, 09:55 Kajetan

Mad Max RW wrote on Oct 2, 2013, 09:41:
This should be bundled alongside DNF and A:CM with a coupon for a gun and one bullet.
Daikatana is not THAT bad. Its a solid oldschool shooter with the first RPG elements in the genre, some very nice levels and a fantastic art design.

It isnt just as good as Romero promised us back in the days.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
20. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 04:07 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 02:07:
If you think it won't change you're kidding yourself.
I didnt say that I responded to your "massive blow to crowd funding games".

If a big crowdfunding project fails, some people will stop backing completely. Others will learn to inform themselves better, before they fund anything. Or they set themselves some guidelines like "max 50 dollars" or "only if there is already a playable alpha", "only if there more than just a lonely concept drawing".

But "a massive blow to crowdfunding games"? No. Has not happened in the past with crowdfunding failures for other projects, will not happen in gaming. That is the beauty of crowdfunding. A failure only makes participants smarter, it doesnt make them poor.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $20M
15. Re: Star Citizen Passes $20M Sep 27, 2013, 01:37 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Sep 27, 2013, 00:17:
And yeah, if it's not as advertised all around this could be just another massive blow to crowd funding games.
No, it wont. Crowdfunding is an established financing method for many years now, not only in the gaming world. Failures happened frequently. Has not stopped different (!) people from supporting different (!) projects they want to support.

News Comments > Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year
3. Re: Diablo III Auction Houses Shutting Down Next Year Sep 17, 2013, 15:07 Kajetan

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! How saaaaaaaaad!

*gnihihihi*

News Comments > PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence?
62. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 16, 2013, 01:58 Kajetan

Orogogus wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 14:17:
Probably no one besides forumers cares more about timing than volume.
Some forumers always tend to ignore timed exclusives and market share.

14. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 13:27 Kajetan

Dmitri_M wrote on Sep 15, 2013, 11:51:
I can understand why they skip the PC at launch. In their minds it forces those who might pirate it on PC to purchase it on console (yes I know that console games can be pirated, I'm trying to look at it from a business perspective, that they're analyzing stats and seeing the piracy rates on PC).
If they really analyze something, they analyze shit. GTA5 is THE popular PS3 & 360 copy since three days. I guess, they just have to stop releasing on consoles, no?

The "piracy" argument is bull. Piracy has noting to do with a later release. Its all about focusing marketing efforts on the consoles, because thats the main market for the GTA series. Not because of lack of copies, but because of the size of the console market in the US.

4. Re: PC Grand Theft Auto V Evidence? Sep 15, 2013, 10:54 Kajetan

With a budget about 100 million dollar you don't skip a major platform.  

News Comments > WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst
5. Re: WoW Revenue Drops 54% - Analyst Sep 12, 2013, 11:24 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Sep 12, 2013, 10:25:
Dear WoW, please call again once you're free to play.
It is. Not with official servers, but dozens and dozens of freeshards are available. You can even setup your own server and play WoW all alone, cheat as you like

News Comments > Wizardry on Steam
13. Re: Wizardry on Steam Sep 11, 2013, 09:39 Kajetan

Fleche wrote on Sep 11, 2013, 01:13:
I quit Wizardry after/during Return of Werdna...man was that game hard.
Oh god yes. Tried to play it with a buddy back in the days. We just gave up. IV wasnt just hard. It was made to make you cry bitter tears. It was deliberately UNFAIR, even for past gameplay standards.

News Comments > Into the Black
6. Re: Into the Black Sep 10, 2013, 07:40 Kajetan

Julio wrote on Sep 10, 2013, 04:53:
He must have some cash that she's waiting to inherit. Or maybe she's really, really into Star Trek.
Of course, but maybe ... she's really, really into him?

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
3. Re: Morning Consolidation Sep 9, 2013, 10:08 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2013, 10:03:
They give it a half hearted effort at the beginning of the 360 era and that was it.
Blue Dragon was decent RPG. There were other good 360 games made especially for the japanese market. MS had learned their lessons from the XBOX. But didnt help either. Saleswise the 360 is a dwarf in Japan.

News Comments > Irrational Layoffs
11. Re: Irrational Layoffs Sep 6, 2013, 15:11 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 12:34:
Did it really only do 4 million?
See? "Only" 4 Mio. ...

I dont know if BI really was that expensive, but when you sell 4 Mio. units across all plattforms, not counting Steam with at least some 100.000 units ... and you have to let go of employees (not some freelancers at the end of contract work), then something is not right.

Maybe BI was very expensive and the sales were not enough. Maybe Irrational was forced to "streamline" their work expense, because some investor demands it before investing a hefty sum in the studio?

News Comments > Irrational Layoffs
8. Re: Irrational Layoffs Sep 6, 2013, 06:32 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Sep 6, 2013, 01:48:
I'm downloading Bioshock: Infinite as we speak, and heard a lot of good things about it. Didn't it sell well enough to keep the team to work on a successor?
More than 4 Mio. sold units should be enough to call it a success. But since i dont know how expensive BI was to produce, 4 Mio. sold units can also be not enough. See Tomb Raider 2013 or Max Payne 3.

Rumors (!) say, BIs budget was 100 Mio. Dollar plus additional 100 Mio. in marketing expenses.

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
12. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Sep 5, 2013, 10:53 Kajetan

Tim wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 10:49:
It was actually better overall - shame that knee jerk reaction to extremely bad PR announcements did so much damage for end users.
And i thought that MS offerings were just not very attractive. Here i learn, that reacting to these offerings make them look bad. Well, good luck in your reality distortion field!

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
9. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:36 Kajetan

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 09:44:
Unfortunately that is up to the publishers, not Valve or Steam. Also, Valve allowing game trading is probably not really in their best interest either. With AAA games going as cheap as two bucks on sale nowadays I'm not sure they are worth trading.
Not a problem ... can i trade Valve games, please? And yes, you may take your trading fee, like eBay takes a fee, like Gamestop or Amazon. Please?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2013, 04:04 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 15:39:
so what do you like? Something a bit more linear like Fable or ME?
More linear is always good, but INTERESTING sandbox gameplay is better. Just look at Fallout 3. I am bored after an hour and after two hours i have to stop. Tried it several times. Then i tried FO New Vegas and couldnt stop playing the more than bugged release version for a few days. Then i had to buy the game

So, to be precise: I have nothing against so called OpenWorld or Sandbox games. While i do prefer a good linear RPG romp, i had fun with the STALKER series, i LOVE the old Ultima games (which were THE first Sandbox RPG eva). But games from Bethesda? Since TES Arena i tried every TES game and every time i have to acknowledge that Beth games and i are not compatible.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 10:37 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 23:44:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 17:22:
but I think only 20 people in the whole world don't own Skyrim?

What? Who are these INSOLENT FOOLS??!
*whimper* Me? ... do not hurt me, please do not hurt me ...

Well, actually, i do not like the TES RPG style. Too much sandbox, far too less red main quest threading.

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 10.
< Newer [ 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo