Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
31. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 11:53 Kajetan

Wolfox wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:08:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 10:52:
The TR reboot is a failure. Nice!

You're happy that the TR reboot is a commercial "failure"? Why?
I despise SE for their kind of "rape" guerilla marketing they tried on this re-boot. I despise this game for being an action sellout. I despise this game for being an exploitation game, where the main character is presented in cutscenes as a fearful vulnerable girl, and only seconds after this cutscene, the player is killing a whole battalion of enemies with this character. This is cheap and bad story telling. Its an exploitation of the franchise.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Square Enix Reports "Extraordinary Loss" - President Resigns
15. Re: Square Enix Reports Mar 26, 2013, 10:52 Kajetan

nin wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 09:42:
namely Sleepings Dogs

YEAH! You guys didn't buy enough Sleeping Dogs!!!!!!!!
No, you didnt buy enough Hitman and Tomb Raider. Both games are considered a commercial dissapointment. Which brings a smile on my face

The TR reboot is a failure. Nice!

News Comments > BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied
3. Re: BioShock Infinite Budget Rumor Denied Mar 22, 2013, 09:26 Kajetan

Darks wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 09:19:
I donít see this being true, I donít know how anyone could possibly spend 200 Million on developing and advertising a game.
Star Wars: The Old Republic (150-200 Mio + marketing)
GTA 4 had a budget around 100 Mio. Dollar (with marketing)
Halo 3 is said to had a marketing budget of 100 Mio. alone

Triple A nowadays is expensive. VERY EXPENSIVE! And lets not forget a more and more saturated market, which leads straight to higher and higher marketing costs.

So, could it be true? 200 mio. for Infinity? Well, its not unlikely any more ...

News Comments > Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer
20. Re: Star Trek: The Video Game Gorn Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 05:14 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 04:35:
Oh, yeah, I remember playing Elite Force, that was pretty cool, even though you killed more aliens than in all of the Star Trek shows combined.
Borg invasion? Wolf 359? The Dominion War? Billions of people being killed. And lets not forget what the Voyager crew did to Species 8472.

Yes, Star Trek is all about Diplomacy and trying the peaceful way. But when shit goes down, it goes down HUGE!

News Comments > No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions
21. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 12:09 Kajetan

deqer wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 11:07:
They can vent about it on forums, but that won't change anything, unfortunately.
Those people are the backbone of any crowdfunding gaming project. They change something. A LOT of something.

But, please, do rage on about this thing you just found while picking your nose.

9. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 09:38 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 09:29:
In the 90's we had cutscenes, in the 00's we have QTEs. Id like to go back to the cutscenes please, they might be just as immersion breaking but at least I dont have the feeling of finger raping my keyboard or mouse.
True, true. At least, i actually can watch something. Seeing some value i paid for. During a QTE i have no clue what my character does, what exactly happens. The second coming of Jesus might be shown during a QTE. I concentrate only on those stupid symbols and hope its all over soon.

6. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 09:17 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 08:59:
Speaking of QTEs, when will this horrid design crutch die already?
When games are no longer made for people with numb minds?

1. Re: No Plans for buying Tomb Raider Mar 20, 2013, 08:24 Kajetan

So, it evens out. Fine with me  

News Comments > Battle Worlds: Kronos Kickstarter
8. Re: Battle Worlds: Kronos Kickstarter Mar 20, 2013, 07:13 Kajetan

Optional Nickname! wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 06:57:
There are exceptions and outliers but the level of mastery in the art direction in these EU developed games is impressive and IMNSHO has become the state of the art.
Responsible for this isnt the lack of talent or creativity of US artists, but the dominance of financial interests in gaming production. "Do exactly as in this game which sells well!" is the standard phrase heard in many art departments. So, every shooter has to look like CoD or Gears. Not even Bioware seems to be able to create a distinct look in the dragon age games. Generic Fantasy crap. I havent played DA 2 yet, but DAO, entertaining as it was ... i cant remember one moment where i stopped playing only to admire the scenery or architecture. They all are playing safe, no risks, no creativity because production budget is so high, they cant afford to discourage any potential mass market consumer with "weird" looks.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Mar 20, 2013, 05:34 Kajetan

PropheT wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 03:38:
Hell, sometimes I wonder if I'm really starting to lose my enjoyment of games or if it's just that I get depressed about the hobby because of the poisonous atmosphere everywhere you go to read about it.
Simple solution: If you dont like it, DO NOT READ IT!

News Comments > John Riccitiello Leaving EA
63. Re: John Riccitiello Leaving EA Mar 19, 2013, 07:32 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 04:37:
Yeah, I highly doubt simcity had anything to do with this. Simcity only just came out, his leaving has likely been in the works for a while.
Remember what Pachter has said a few months ago? That Riccitiello feared to be fired by the shareholders and he couldnt understand why the EA stock stays in the cellar, because in his opinion he did everything right?

Also, its unlikely that simcity sold poorly. Its been selling too well (apparently no one bothered to check pre-order numbers before counting servers) that caused much of their problems. On bluesnews alone, you have several people who bought it, despite everything known beforehand. Now think about clueless people who hear the name "simcity" and run out to buy it on that alone.
Just wait. Capcom has been shouting all over the world how impressive the sales of RE6 were. A few months later they had to admit that RE6 sales were dissapointing because they dropped fast after the first weeks.

News Comments > Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch
17. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 07:26 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 01:19:
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=49540&from=1361040557

nose dive, boom right into the ground
What does this graph show? People buying a game or people playing an online game on Steam?

News Comments > Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3
3. Re: Oculus Rift Won't Include DOOM 3 Mar 18, 2013, 10:17 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 10:10:
And why would this particular headset be destined to succeed when all others have failed so hard?
Because. And because of John Carmacks endorsement last summer. Because John Carmack is God. Everything he touches becomes gold. All praise John and his endorsements!

No, seriously. This device is nothing more than a nerd toy. Which is ok. Everyone needs something to play with. But pretending that this gagdet will somehow change anything ... i dont think so.

News Comments > Victory Kickstarter Cancelled
17. Re: Victory Kickstarter Cancelled Mar 18, 2013, 05:10 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 21:57:
4. In multiplayer you are unlikely to run into foul mouth 12 year olds amped up on Mountain Dew.
Not when your mother forced you to integrate your stupid little brother into your weekly board gaming sessions with your friends

I love my brother, but as a child, he was unbearable.

News Comments > On SimCity Offline Regional Play
28. Re: On SimCity Offline Regional Play Mar 17, 2013, 18:53 Kajetan

J wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 15:56:
Kajetan wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 13:58:
J wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 13:19:
Hey guys, has anybody raised the potential future issue yet of EA closing the server after a while?
What servers? Isn't this a soon-to-be 100% offline game?
Officially?
Who cares what EA thinks and wants?

News Comments > Victory Kickstarter Cancelled
1. Re: Victory Kickstarter Cancelled Mar 17, 2013, 14:08 Kajetan

" A better Kickstarter project for us would be to make a much more traditional RTS game that appeals to the nostalgia of classic RTS gaming experiences from the 1990&#8242;s. Fans have suggested spiritual successors to Dune 2, C&C, Red Alert ..."

Crowdfunding 101 for game developers: Try making a really unique game (art design or gameplay) or try to revive older, once very popular genres which vanished from the gaming charts 10-15 years ago. Those people who made these games popular back in the days are still out there. They havent changed their tastes, they are still here. And they have money because they are older and have jobs and some of them already have a midlife crisis. These people wont buy nifty cars or start an affair with some young chick from work. They will fund the shit out of your project if you can bring back their gaming youth!

News Comments > On SimCity Offline Regional Play
26. Re: On SimCity Offline Regional Play Mar 17, 2013, 13:58 Kajetan

J wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 13:19:
Hey guys, has anybody raised the potential future issue yet of EA closing the server after a while?
What servers? Isn't this a soon-to-be 100% offline game?

News Comments > Maxis on SimCity: "In many ways, we built an MMO"
8. Re: Maxis on SimCity: Mar 15, 2013, 20:17 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:09:
We've had so much (deserved) negativity that I'm wondering if there are actually people out there enjoying this game.
There are. There are always people who enjoy games which where broken, unfinished shit. Sometimes this is the reason why those people love a game. Because its so broken, they had to laugh all the time playing it. I remember a guy who laughed his way through Dungeon Lords. He said, it was hilarious how buggy, unfinished and broken this game was.

Ahhh, you mean genuinely enjoying it? Sure. Some. The question is, are there enough to make enough profit?

News Comments > SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting "Hack" Posts
17. Re: SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting Mar 15, 2013, 11:58 Kajetan

---  

News Comments > SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting "Hack" Posts
16. Re: SimCity: Maxis Working on Traffic Jams; Deleting Mar 15, 2013, 11:56 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 11:37:
Given how little else they have going on in this game, I'm going to guess that a lot of their performance limitations have to do with the hundreds or thousands of cars and pedestrians that are clickable, have names, and run in circles eating up CPU cycles because they were born stupid.
Someone already pointed out that Tropico 1 had this too. With thousands of people living and working on an island. This game was released more than 12 years ago. We had the CityBuilder series from Impressions. With individual citizens.

THERE ARE NO RESSOURCE HUNGRY OPERATIONS IN SIM SHITTY!! Wise up already

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 9.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo