Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2109 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ] Older >

News Comments > Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround
20. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 19:59 Kajetan

MuzixMon wrote on Jun 27, 2010, 19:38:
It's real sad ...
This is a GOOD sign! It shows player (and potential buyers) interest in this game, even without any marketing at all. So, stop your whining.

"Piracy" is mostly a made-up problem, so that some one is to blame when a game fails saleswise. Every popular game is torrented back and forth and still devs and publisher make good money. There is NO proof at all, that "piracy" reduces sales.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 19:24 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 27, 2010, 19:17:
The irony of course being that low PC sales cause them to focus on the other platforms in the first place, putz.
No, not low sales on the PC. But the potential (!) for higher (!) sales on the console, because in the USA, the main market for shooters, playing on a console is more popular than playing on a PC.

And what filesharing has to do with higher or lower sales, we still wait for any proof for either assumption.

14. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 19:22 Kajetan

News Comments > QUAKE Engine Retrospective
11. Re: QUAKE Engine Retrospective Jun 26, 2010, 15:01 Kajetan

Ant wrote on Jun 26, 2010, 13:53:
Ditto! Was Elite Force 2 any good?
Nothing spectacular, but a good, solid shooter with minor flaws. Too bad, Paramount and Activision had some serious legal battles right after the release of Elite Force 2, so Activision pulled all StarTrek projects and gave their license back.

This article was weak. What about original Quake, QuakeWorld, etc.? Bleh.
PC Games is a german mag, so they are not allowed to report about games which are forbidden in Germany. Which, sadly enough, are nearly all ID games.

News Comments > Crysis 2 Trailer
6. Re: Crysis 2 Trailer Jun 26, 2010, 09:29 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 26, 2010, 07:45:
the Crysis hate makes no sense to me
It doesn't have to. Just accept, that people have different tastes.

News Comments > Game Reviews
4. Re: Game Reviews Jun 25, 2010, 20:03 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 19:11:
Yep. Do that. And then get back on the next DRM thread here and bitch about "draconian" DRM. Then look in the mirror. And vomit. Thank you.
Your logic is flawed.

News Comments > Game Reviews
2. Re: Game Reviews Jun 25, 2010, 14:44 Kajetan

Wowbagger_TIP wrote on Jun 25, 2010, 11:50:
Singularity looks like a rather crappy console shooter with the gimmick of being able to point at things and make them disintegrate or turn into a monster.
Read the Eurogamer review. Its not that bad. In fact, it is fun! Well, i have fun with it

Get the "scene" demo and play for yourself. Not the second coming of action christ, but a solid and entertaining shooter. Savepoints are unfortunately the only way to save, but there is NO Auto-Heal and such crap. Plays a little bit like Bioshock without pretending to be something else like an ordinary fun shooter. Its a honest game.

News Comments > LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Demo
11. Re: LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 Demo Jun 25, 2010, 10:58 Kajetan

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 23:01:
Lego game are probably some of the best well rounded games made.
Yes. But only when using a controller. There should be a warning, that all these LEGO games are only playable with a controller, that a controller is a necessary requirement. Keyboard is implemented, but unplayable. Terrible!

But besides that, very funny and entertaining games, i agree!

News Comments > BioWare on PC Gaming
44. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 13:41 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 13:27:
Dragon Age on the other hand? Not a port.
I havent played Dragon Age yet, but are there those typical text messages while saving, that i SHOULD KEEP MY FATTY FINGERS FROM THE POWER SWITCH BECAUSE THE GAME SAVES NOW? Typical sign of a quick and sloppy conversion. If not, than Bioware has made a "true" and perfect PC version.

24. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 12:14 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 11:57:
Maybe in the game's combat interface but the UI system in the game itself suffers from consolitis, not to mention the menuing system's various problems and lack of hotkeys for many of the features.
Anyone remember Knights of the Old Republic? Combat interface was fine, but handling your party, organizing your equipment/inventory ... terrible, tiny, miniscule interface, which doesn't even scale with higher screen resolutions. THAT was bad!

14. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 11:12 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 10:43:
Has the world gone mad? Are publishers and devs suddenly giving some sort of support for the PC? What is going on?
What's going on? A bad, for some companies even worse business year 2009. Low sales, low revenue, overall the worst year since a decade.

Sooo ... publisher are looking for a new market and they re-discover the PC as a gaming platform.

News Comments > Singularity Diaries
5. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 09:13 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 08:41:
Sad to hear pirates already have it.
Sad? Its the only advertising this game will get

The very early scene release suggests, that there was a leak very high up in the production chain. We know, that TV producers start to use file sharing sites to promote their work, when the network isnt convinced, that their pilot will become popular. Maybe publishers and devs experiment with this kind of guerilla marketing, to promote sales without the need for an expensive marketing budget?

The game itself, as i said, is quite entertaining. Not as stupid or boring as Wolfenstein, has a nice atmosphere (Bioshock meets Stalin meets Timeshift). I like it! I will probably even buy it

News Comments > On OnLive Game Prices
108. Re: On OnLive Game Prices Jun 24, 2010, 07:38 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 11:08:
But yeah, if they want to catch the typical console players with this service, they can go right ahead. They might actually be successful.
Why? Typical console gamers are not their customers. Remember, these people already have the appropriate hardware to play all these games.

Which brings us back to the question: Who in Gods name is the target group for this kind of service?

News Comments > Singularity Diaries
2. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 07:04 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 06:28:
Activision is really sending this one out to die ...
Based on what? Not enough marketing, not enough press? Btw. it's already out since a few days and besides my physiological problems with the UT3 engine (headache, dizziness after playing for an hour or so), its a fine game. Not a milestone, but a very solid and entertaining shooter. Heck, they even have a classical health bar and NO auto-heal. And for the next game, i will get my old savegame system back!

News Comments > 70% of Activision Profits Non-Console
2. Re: 70% of Activision Profits Non-Console Jun 23, 2010, 09:36 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 09:34:
WOW who would have thought?
But, but, but ... isn't the PC dead as a gaming platform????

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
110. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 23, 2010, 07:56 Kajetan

^Drag0n^ wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 20:13:
They've modified the hell out of it, but yes, it's idTech 4 (Doom3 engine).
id tech? The last game the CoD series used id tech ... was the first game. Since CoD2 IW and Treyarch are using their own engines. And the IW engine was primarily based on id tech 3, not 4.

News Comments > Homefront Sequel is Homefront: London?
4. Re: Homefront Sequel is Homefront: London? Jun 22, 2010, 11:27 Kajetan

the_culture wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 11:02:
But release the first game BEFORE you start talking about the sequel.
Deja vu. What was the game called, who's creators talked about "themed city sequels" even months before the initial release? Oh yes ... Hellgate: London

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status
10. Re: Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status Jun 21, 2010, 18:51 Kajetan

Ecthelion wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 18:06:
I think the game is more immersive with checkpoints.
If thats ok with you, than its ok I find games with only a savepoint system annoying. Immersion i'll get from other features.

I would like a switch in the game options menu. Savepoints [on/off]. And everybody's happy!

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status
6. Re: Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status Jun 21, 2010, 17:45 Kajetan

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 17:35:
It's immersive!
Using a stupid savegame system with few save points kills any immersion this game could ever produce.

I'm sorry, but in these kind of games, i want to save whenever I see fit to do it, not the level designer. I play the game, not some other person. I'm no longer a student. I work. I have family. My time management doesn't go well with save points.

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
26. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 20, 2010, 16:33 Kajetan

Wildone wrote on Jun 20, 2010, 15:46:
Why the fuck do I need to pay for a monthly subscription to Xbox live and additional online fees to play like this?
Because YOU and everybody else here at Blues is NOT the target group for this business model. This is for people, who bought the CoD DLC. Just look at the Steam charts. Plenty of people, who will do ANYTHING to play the latest and "hottest" CoD game. And they will gladly fork over their money. Gladly and willingly.

2109 Comments. 106 pages. Viewing page 71.
< Newer [ 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo