Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2007 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ] Older >

News Comments > Call of Duty Countersuit
12. Re: Call of Duty Countersuit Apr 10, 2010, 10:16 Kajetan

Call of Duty Countersuit ...

Is this the next installment of the series?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Dead Space 2 Demo Plans
5. Re: Dead Space 2 Demo Plans Mar 31, 2010, 18:19 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Mar 31, 2010, 17:52:
A PC Version AND a Demo? What is it, Christmas?
A demo, you have to pay for. Remember EAs new business plan?

News Comments > Settlers 7 Aus DRM Woes
20. Re: Just Cause 2 Patched Mar 31, 2010, 18:17 Kajetan

nin wrote on Mar 31, 2010, 18:08:
http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com ...
Hmmm, a new video game crash, this time only hurting the majors, because they grew too big and got lazy and dumb? Sounds familiar. Might happen. Sooner as anyone could imagine ...

News Comments > Op Ed
38. Re: Op Ed Mar 29, 2010, 16:07 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 15:48:
Is the opportunity cost of lost sales worth the prevention of piracy?
There is a question to be answered before that. In fact two questions. Does casual, non-profit software piracy hurt sales? If yes, how much? Enough to use some draconian DRM? There is no sign, since more than twenty years, that the answer to question one and two is yes. In fact, according to new studies (for example, a canadian study on music consumers), typical casual piracy seems to hurt sales not all, even boost them a little bit.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Mar 29, 2010, 11:20 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Mar 29, 2010, 10:52:
Lololololol!!! Hahahah, yeah Im sure they are rudimentary compared to being hit by a moving vehicle too. Or maybe we should compare the problem of Ubi's DRM with World Hunger. I mean we have all accepted that there is no way in hell that we can solve World Hunger, so I guess everyone in the world should accept that DRM is here to stay. SO SAY WE ALL!!!!
So true, so true.

But it's not about a constant online connection. This is NOT the point. It's about the ability of the vendor to shut down old games, to force players to buy new games. It's about the coming dark information age, when there is only content in circulation the industry wants to circulate. After the content has done its purpose, making enough profit, it's authentification servers are switched off and the content becomes useless, unreadable, vanishes into thin air.

News Comments > C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans
11. Re: C&C4 Patch & MP Map Plans Mar 29, 2010, 04:36 Kajetan

Mac wrote on Mar 28, 2010, 16:20:
Just patch out the dumb DRM for Single PLayer and I may consider a purchase to see how C&C ends
They cannot do this. Because it's integral part of the SP campaign, where you have to gain enough experience to unlock specific units, without them you are not able to advance. Experience, you gain AFAIK only in playing some online matches or you have to group with another player to help you with this specific mission.

As i recall several reviews, there is no more "traditional" SP campaign. You are forced to play online, to take part in online matches.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide
16. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Ships Worldwide Mar 19, 2010, 13:50 Kajetan

Darks wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 13:46:
Hey Ant, SupCom2 does have lan support.
SC2 = Starcraft 2
SupCom2 = Supreme Commander 2

Boy, its getting complicated. Letters and game names are running out

News Comments > The Settlers 7 Demo, Specs
5. Re: The Settlers 7 Demo, Specs Mar 19, 2010, 12:15 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 10:54:
The sad thing is that they will blame this whole mess on the community and probably exit PC gaming altogether.
They don't. Because there is way too much money to be made with pc games. This DRM is just for their investors to show them, that Ubisoft is willing to protect its assets. Because Ubisofts view investors are more important than some angry costumers or a tiny boycott behaviour. And Ubisoft has removed copy protection from several older games lately, including Settler 6. So ... just wait, have patience, my young jedi

News Comments > GameStop Financials
9. Re: GameStop Financials Mar 19, 2010, 02:52 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 00:57:
Don't bite the hand that feeds you ...
So true. It's basic economics. Consumers purchase power is limited and nothing the industry does, will change this. But if they really want to stop the sales of "used" games, i encourage them to do so. The faster the majors vanish from the face of the earth, the better for all.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 15:54 Kajetan

elefunk wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 12:51:
... crap ...
Some cheese to your whine?

My god, some people take gaming way to serious

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 12:02 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 11:22:
Wish there was a demo.
There will be a demo some time after the release. Devs say, they just havent enough time before that.

I tried the usual P2P demo a few minutes and ... while it DOES look very pretty, i was just watching one heavily scripted event after another, had two QTEs (quick time events) and can't save freely, which makes this game the usual console shooter, including the typical "We're not providing a health bar. Instead we just color the screen red until you are dead, but it's up to you to guess HOW MUCH you are hurt and when to use a medkit."

Meh ... I'll pass, but you can give it a shot. Maybe you'll like that kind of shooter. And no, this is NOT Stalker. This is just another console shooter.

News Comments > Blizzard Game Successes and Failures
5. Re: Blizzard Game Successes and Failures Mar 15, 2010, 15:18 Kajetan

I'm not so sure they actually LEARNED anything after all...
As long, as these units provide just an optional layer of strategy (should i use my basic units or should i spare the ressources for this elite unit?), they have learned to avoid this trap.

News Comments > NVIDIA's 3D Push
5. Re: NVIDIA's 3D Push Mar 15, 2010, 11:44 Kajetan

ldonyo wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 11:31:
I'm waiting for 3D without glasses. I'll keep my 2D TV until then.
Yes, i too prefer 3D without glasses ... because i have no interest in putting on a SECOND pair of glasses ontop to the ones i'm already wearing

News Comments > Richard Garriott's Sweet @$! Poker
5. Re: Richard Garriott's Sweet @$! Poker Mar 10, 2010, 11:14 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Mar 10, 2010, 10:45:
Gotta pay the bills I guess.
Space travels ARE expensive And Garriott surely wants to go up once more.

News Comments > PC Fable III?
5. Re: PC Fable III? Mar 5, 2010, 14:44 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 14:42:
Whats the point of it without Fable II on PC ?
Whats the point of Fable on the PC anyway?

News Comments > No PC DeathSpank?
2. Re: No PC DeathSpank Mar 4, 2010, 14:03 Kajetan

Calm down ... OF COURSE there will be a pc version.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 2, 2010, 03:52 Kajetan

December 2009:
Firefox usage (FF3 only) in Germany: 44,2%, still going up
IE usage in germany (all version combined): 44,8%, still going down

Similar numbers in other european countries. And no, we europeans are NOT smarter than the rest of the world. We just hate Microsoft more

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Trailer
4. Re: CryENGINE 3 Trailer Feb 26, 2010, 16:54 Kajetan

PHJF wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 16:49:
Wow you have incredibly low standards.
I'm not interested in your shit. Really, no. And there ARE only details left to improve. So, please ... could you explain to me, what i am looking at in this video, instaed of behaving like a total idiot?

News Comments > More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month
24. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month Feb 26, 2010, 16:47 Kajetan

Flatline wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 16:23:
PS, you're an asshole for suggesting to just pirate something that the devs have created to give you incentive not to pirate. You can't argue the point economically, you're just an asshole.
Would you please stop looking at the movie inside your head? And start reading, what i wrote?
And second, learn to recognize irony. Helps a lot ...

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Trailer
2. Re: CryENGINE 3 Trailer Feb 26, 2010, 16:37 Kajetan

What is so special about that? I don't see it

I don't know, way back, years ago, it was A LOT easier to get excited from looking at screenshots from new games and engines. Now i have to refer to picture descriptions to know, that this screenshot is DX9, or 10 or 11. Or i have to study computer science, to appreciate the work of the engine coders.

Graphic improvements are "done". There is nearly nothing left to improve. And i dont play games to look at "photo realism". For that i leave the house and walk the woods

2007 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 71.
< Newer [ 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo