Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plans
86. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Day One DLC Plan Oct 8, 2009, 06:19 Kajetan

Malazan, read it

Yes, Erikson comes close in making something refreshingly new. It's not THAT new, but it reads as new. He too borrows from myths and history, but he borrows and combines all these parts in an entertaining, clever way.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Digital Distribution to Reign by 2013?
12. Re: Digital Distribution to Reign by 2013? Oct 7, 2009, 13:20 Kajetan

If this happens, if digital sales will overtake retail/boxed sales, we will also see a drop in sales overall.

Right now, you buy a game, you play it, you sell it and salvage part of your initial spending to buy NEW games. But as most digital sales plattforms prohibit (or do not encourage) to re-sell your licences, you end up having LESS money to buy more new games. So, you will buy LESS new games, unless somebody waves a magic stick and more money appears out of thin air on your bank accounts.

"Hey, let's destroy the used game market, because it hurts us in some way we cant prove, but assume, that it have to be so, because we say so!"
"Yeah, great idea! Let's do that!"

Morons ...

News Comments > On Sale
2. Re: On Sale Oct 7, 2009, 09:59 Kajetan

There are people, who have de-activated or blocked javascript for security or simply personal reasons. No listings for them?  

News Comments > Morning Screenshots
3. Re: Morning Screenshots Oct 4, 2009, 16:36 Kajetan

There's certain design philosophies to the universe, particularly the xenomorphs, that the art "got wrong"

And you know that, because you know precisely what every piece of art was intended for?

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins Voice Interview
5. Re: Dragon Age: Origins Voice Interview Oct 4, 2009, 11:08 Kajetan

I wish, i had the time for playing this game. But i will find the time, when the usual Gold, Platinum, Whatever-Budgetversion comes out.

This comment was edited on Oct 4, 2009, 11:08.

News Comments > The Incredible Machine Series Bought, Reissued
2. Re: Game Reviews Oct 1, 2009, 14:57 Kajetan

??? What?  

News Comments > Wardell on GFWL: "They Take Over, I'm Done"
1. Re: Wardell on GFWL: "They Take Over, I'm Done" Oct 1, 2009, 10:56 Kajetan

Hehe, GfW Live for teh win!  

News Comments > MechWarrior Movie Rumor
3. Re: MechWarrior Movie Rumor Sep 30, 2009, 13:12 Kajetan

It couldn't be worse than Transformers 2! So, why not?

But i would prefer, if people would continue with the Neon Genesis Evangelion LiveAction movie. I would prefer Michael Bay NOT being the only one with enough production dollars to bring giant mechs and robots on screen.

News Comments > Homeworld Raider Retreat Rerelease
11. Re: Homeworld Raider Retreat Rerelease Sep 30, 2009, 09:37 Kajetan

Huh? Sins of a Solar Empire is 3D, so is Homeworld

Sins is played only on a 2D plane. Homeworld is the first "true" 3D RTS. In Homeworld, you play in SPACE

News Comments > Direct2Drive Top 10
14. Re: Direct2Drive Top 10 Sep 29, 2009, 18:37 Kajetan

I think NCsoft is paying digital distribution sites like these to put Aion on top.

No. People actually buy this. Aion started and nobody can play, because of long-hour waiting for a free server slot

But this will probably end like AoC. People are hyped now, but end up playing WoW again after the relase of Cataclysm.

News Comments > Who Owns Planescape: Torment?
7. Re: Who Owns Planescape: Torment? Sep 28, 2009, 13:00 Kajetan

IP law is seriously fucked up.

It is. And the answer to that? Ignore it. A quick search reveals a dozen swarms with approximately 300-400 users. And that was only a very rough Bittorrent search.

But as long as angst and paranoia are dominating the minds of the industry, this will never change.

This comment was edited on Sep 28, 2009, 13:00.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Leaked Video FAQ
2. Re: The Witcher 2 Leaked Video FAQ Sep 23, 2009, 12:40 Kajetan

Please don't dumb-down the PC version to make the game palatable for consoles.

If CD Project does not want to develop TWO games, they have to. If you go multi-plattform, you have to dumb down the PC version, there is no other way. A controller is no keyboard, so you have to adapt the interface and adapt the gameplay, make it playable for console gamers.

What i don't understand ... the GH and Rockband games require an additional controller. So, why not say to the console gamer: Look, if you want to play this on your PS3, just spend a little more, because we got you this nice little USB keyboard and mouse. Have fun! Yes, i'm sorry, but you have to put a table in front of your couch. But look, we've included this nice little IKEA coupon. Go on, buy a nice, little table, have fun with our game!

But if they want to develope Witcher 2 only for the PC, fine with me, hehe!

News Comments > Aion Presales Soar
2. Re: Aion Presales Soar Sep 17, 2009, 14:02 Kajetan

Yapp, and another hype will die very quickly and people WILL get back to WoW, as always.

Three colleagues of mine, long time WoW players from the very first beginnings, have left Age of Conan after only two months. They have left Warhammer and they have left other MMOs like Runes of Magic. The only game, that caught their attention for a while was Guild Wars. And what do they play now? WoW of course, because now they have children and families and responsible jobs. They spend their leisure time with games, they know and now WoW is PERFECT for their new time schedule.

I guess, they will try Aion, but not for long ...

This comment was edited on Sep 17, 2009, 14:02.

News Comments > Jedi Knight Games Rereleased
28. Re: Jedi Knight Games Rereleased Sep 16, 2009, 21:19 Kajetan

As in Outcast? That sucks!

No, as in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces 2. And THAT sucks, because i too was hoping, that a) this Steam version is playable on modern systems and b) has everything, the normal retail version has, inclusive the soundtrack, exclusive the on 64bit-systems non-functional 16bit-installer from the disks

Addendum: Reverting to an older Nvidia driver (186.18) fixed the graphic problems. Now i'm looking for an old driver, which summons the missing cd audio soundtrack

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2009, 22:25.

News Comments > Jedi Knight Games Rereleased
20. Re: Jedi Knight Games Rereleased Sep 16, 2009, 18:56 Kajetan

good luck trying to get Dark Forces 1 to run on vista 64

Steam uses DOSBox for this game. OF COURSE it will run on Vista64. But you might want to "optimise" the default dosbox.conf. Valve does suck in writing a good default config. But on the positive side, they pre-configured the controls to a modern WASD layout and mouse look (horizontal).

Edit: But ... Jedi Knight 2 is a horrid ripoff. No CD music, a buggy software mode and if you want hardware acceleration for the graphics, just put an old GeForce card or similar in your highend, multicore computer. I just asked Valve for a refund ...

This comment was edited on Sep 16, 2009, 19:29.

News Comments > Impulse Adds RE5 Preorders & EA
10. Re: Impulse Adds RE5 Preorders & EA Sep 12, 2009, 10:58 Kajetan

Oh, since when? I remember these games having both systems, when they were released on Steam.  

News Comments > Impulse Adds RE5 Preorders & EA
6. Re: Impulse Adds EA & RE5 Preorders Sep 12, 2009, 06:47 Kajetan

So Steam is still the place to buy EA games, then.

If you want to have TWO different DRM systems in your game, then yes, Steam is the place to buy EA games.

News Comments > Diablo II Patch Status
8. Re: Diablo II Patch Status Sep 6, 2009, 09:05 Kajetan

Unless they enable high resolutions i'm not really interested ... doubt they will!

You might want to use this:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/downloads/D2MultiRes-v102.zip

News Comments > MechWarrior Legal Conflict
26. Re: MechWarrior Legal Conflict Sep 4, 2009, 16:47 Kajetan

I have no doubt they can do high quality redesigns of Warhammer&Co

Already done

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Technical_Readout:_Project_Phoenix

News Comments > MechWarrior Legal Conflict
4. Re: MechWarrior Legal Conflict Sep 4, 2009, 09:41 Kajetan

Err ... using the old "Unseen" mech designs in the trailer was NOT a very smart descision. There are new, trademark free variations of Warhammer, Marauder & Co. They should have used them.

But, as an old Mechwarrior fan, i appreciate this trailer. It's always good to see the classics.

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 71.
< Newer [ 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo