Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1890 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ] Older >

News Comments > Wolfenstein Leaked
6. Re: Wolfenstein Leaked Aug 5, 2009, 19:36 Kajetan

I must warn anyone involved that Activisionís legal department is taking this matter very seriously.

Yeah, sure. Please, go to marketing and arrest your own "guerilla marketeers" trying to save this title from total insignificance by creating headlines and at least some form of hype.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > EA Financial Results
12. Re: EA Financial Results Aug 5, 2009, 04:51 Kajetan

I honestly hope that EA has to sell off some assets to keep things in the green and we see DICE and other finer studios get picked up by another publisher...

I honestly hope, that the game industry suffers from a new "video game crash", so that new business models can come up, that more devs can/have to go indie and that the suits will retreat for a few years, because BIG money is to be made elsewhere.

Simply switching publishers won't improve anything.

This comment was edited on Aug 5, 2009, 04:51.

News Comments > Geneforge Collection
2. Re: Geneforge Collection Jul 31, 2009, 10:16 Kajetan

Considering that Spiderweb is still operating, this price tag seems to be accepted by enough customers. Maybe, they can make more profit if they lower the price ... but, there seems to be no need for Spiderweb to do that.

This comment was edited on Jul 31, 2009, 10:17.

News Comments > Demigod Demo
19. Re: Demigod Demo Jul 30, 2009, 16:36 Kajetan

... even if it does have a clunky installation procedure for new games (download an archive, extract the archive, and then copy the files from the extracted location, meaning ~3x the installation space is required to install the game).

Errr ... why simple, if can make it complicated? There are three possibilities:

∑ Download the game via Impulse -> it installs automatically
∑ Restore an archive via the Impulse "Restore" feature-> it installs automatically
∑ Open an archive manually and extract the game folder to any place on your hard drive

Impulse might not have a very nice interface (for example, Steam definitely isn't the epitome of ergonomy either), but buying, downloading and installing software is in deed very simple.

News Comments > Demigod Demo
12. Re: Demigod Demo Jul 30, 2009, 14:56 Kajetan

Besides the horrid interface ...
True, it's not the best, but they improved it a LOT.

... that you don't actually own the original installer files. Instead what you have are Impulse encrypted files.
Why do you need the original installer files? After the install, a game is patchable like a "normal "retail" version. And the backup files, you can create with the client, are using the 7z-format with your account name as the password. There is nothing else "encrypted". Just unpack with 7Zip (http://www.7-zip.org/), put the content whereever you want and play. You need Impulse only for downloading the software once.

News Comments > C&C4 a PC Exclusive "Right Now"
8. Re: C&C4 a PC Exclusive Jul 27, 2009, 15:57 Kajetan

Only thing that i want C&C4 to NOT have and that is the need for a constant online connection even for the single player part. But EA does not want me to buy C&C4, so i guess, it's ok then.  

News Comments > The Force Unleashed on PCs
12. Re: The Force Unleashed on PCs Jul 25, 2009, 12:15 Kajetan

You'd think that a big company like Lucas arts would hire people with some technical knowledge.

They usually do. But this quote was pure marketing speak, the traditional massive lying, to lure the people into buying the console versions.

News Comments > Serious Sam 3 Gets Serious Graphics
9. Re: Serious Sam 3 Gets Serious Graphics Jul 21, 2009, 13:40 Kajetan

Well, whatever they call the graphics, "cartoony", or "realistic", is irrelevant.

Yes, it is. Painkiller had gritty, dark and very, very gothic graphics ... and it was such a blast to play this fast and hilarious shooter. Like DN3D, Blood, SS, like Doom or Hexen. Just simple, mindless and so much fun.

News Comments > On The Monkey Island SE Size Difference
5. Re: On The Monkey Island SE Size Difference Jul 16, 2009, 11:08 Kajetan

I thought the updated graphics were spot on, very close to the original, just better.

Not always. I like the lava caves and the final church scene better in the original pixel art. And ... the new Guybrush looks AWFULL!

Overall, an adventure doesn't need a graphic overhaul. An adventure does age very well, because dialogue, puzzles and gags are important. Ok, maybe an old adventure coul use some interface overhaul, but that's enough. You don't need spoken dialogue. You don't need new graphics. In fact, you don't even need an adventure remake at all.

The only thing you need, are NEW adventures!

News Comments > Mass Mass Effect Sequels?
1. Re: Mass Mass Effect Sequels? Jul 15, 2009, 15:57 Kajetan

And people thought, they made funny comments after EA bought Bioware ...  

News Comments > PC Alan Wake up to MS
22. Re: PC Alan Wake up to MS Jul 15, 2009, 12:56 Kajetan

Microsoft decides the SKUs of the games they publish and they clearly have no interest in anything other than 360.

Looking for years at the results form the entertainment divison with huge losses (now barely profitable until the next console generation), MS HAS to concentrate everything on the 360, in the hope of finally making enough profit to please it's investors.

News Comments > On C&C4 Persistence
11. Re: On C&C4 Persistence Jul 14, 2009, 13:17 Kajetan

It's an anti-piracy measure

No. There will be OF COURSE very soon hacks and cracks to play the SP mode without an active server connection. This time, it's really a take on offering more value to a game, making the single player mode more attractive, rewarding those, who play both modes.

Personally, i couldn't care less for all this stuff. I'm not into achievements or some consistent stats to compare with other players. I'm not 12 anymore, i could pass on this game

News Comments > Eidos & Arkham Asylum Reviews [Updated]
7. Re: Eidos & Arkham Asylum Reviews [Updated] Jul 10, 2009, 12:36 Kajetan

I think I'd need to see some proof other than just a rant on a guy's blog.

Just follow the two other links, pointing to the K&L- and TR-stories. It's Eidos we're talking about. The probability is high, that his story is based on the truth.

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Interview
7. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Interview Jul 10, 2009, 07:49 Kajetan

On the flipside... something like this is probably needed, otherwise it would feel like the same old game all over again

Erm ... from a C&C game, i want nothing else than every few years "the same old game all over again". I do not want innovation in this game. For innovation i look for nice little indie games.

EA will run this franchise to the ground, like they did with NfS, churning out a new title every year or every two years, introducing new, silly features, which no one wants, because the release schedule is too dense. Take your time ... and then release basicaly the same game with the same feature set. Do not force innovation onto a proven formula.

News Comments > New on GoG.Com
6. Re: New on GoG.Com Jul 10, 2009, 03:09 Kajetan

Ground Control was released free years ago.

But not the addon, which is included in this package.

News Comments > German Counter-Strike LAN Ban
9. Re: German Counter-Strike LAN Ban Jul 8, 2009, 12:51 Kajetan

Whats going on over their Germany?
There are elections at the end of september, to be precise:

"Bundestagswahl"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_federal_election,_2009

Every well established party is going NUTS about issues concerning "violent video games" or "filtering the net to protect childs". They all hope to motivate their own followers to vote. They want to build a smoke screen of "Look, look, we're doing something. We are concerned! Look, our childs and our youth are our future!"

So they start little, useless (in most cases with widespread collateral damage for civil rights) laws and regulations, in the hope that no one notices, that their "real" education politics SUCKS BALLS! Sadly, a lot of voters could be fooled by this or they stay at home at election day, because they had enough of every fuckin political party in Germany.

But ... all big parties like the CDU or the SPD are dying out. No young german with self respect wants to vote for them. These parties are loosing an entire generation, which is becoming more clearly by every demographic statistic data, gathered after every major election in Germany. In fact, the hunt for violent video games and for more control of the internet, is mostly a "generation thing".

This comment was edited on Jul 8, 2009, 12:56.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Tales of Monkey Island
10. Re: Ships Ahoy - Tales of Monkey Island Jul 8, 2009, 03:42 Kajetan

I've tried to play old games on my new pc and its seriousley hard work, playing the game in a tiny window because the resolution is so low.

You tried DOSBox or ScummVM? Seems not ...

News Comments > DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11
41. Re: DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11 Jul 7, 2009, 02:02 Kajetan

I don't know how many DX10 games you've played, but I can REALLY tell the difference.

That's nice for you. I can see the differences too ... if i'm told what to look for. But to me, these differences are too miniscule, too small to justify all this new hardware. There is no DX10 game available, which will make my jaw drop more than any other DX9 game. But i regulary hit the screenshot button in WoW, because there is beauty around every corner in a five (!) year old game.

If you're happy with all this new stuff, fine, so be it. It's your taste and your money.

But for me, the graphical changes from 9 to 10 are not improvement enough to spend money on new hardware. Hell, lately i spent much time with some Nintendo DS games, so i presume i'm not "into graphics" anymore

News Comments > LucasArts Classic Rereleases
10. Re: LucasArts Classic Rereleases Jul 6, 2009, 14:03 Kajetan

And its to be steam, nice!

Crap, it' on Steam. I prefer my games DRM-free on portals like GOG.com. But ... i already have all the classics, i can play all of them on my machine, if i want to, so i can gladly skip this offer

I would only by some of them again, if they are offered on GOG-com with some nice Extras like soundtracks or nifty artworks. Hmmm, the soundtrack of "The Dig" comes in mind, hmmm ...

News Comments > DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11
23. Re: DiRT 2 Delayed for DirectX 11 Jul 6, 2009, 13:56 Kajetan

Obviously you're not a developer so everything you said is not true at all

Yes, i'm not a developer. I'm just a guy, who wants to know, why he should buy all this new stuff. And from my perspective as a gamer, even as a dedicated pc gamer ... i do not need DX10! Why should i need DX11, if i'am not able to distinguish DX9-, DX10- or DX11-screenshots or trailers without some explanation for which little details i have to look?

I know, that the differences are big under the hood. But for me as a customer ... what gives? It does not look better (!) enough to justify new hardware, like the past jumps from DX6 to 7 to 8 and finally 9. It just minor details for me, so i can wait, wait a long time until i will upgrade ... perhaps.

This comment was edited on Jul 6, 2009, 14:25.

1890 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 71.
< Newer [ 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo