Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1966 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
12. Re: I read sept 3 and think Rome II Sep 5, 2013, 10:53 Kajetan

Tim wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 10:49:
It was actually better overall - shame that knee jerk reaction to extremely bad PR announcements did so much damage for end users.
And i thought that MS offerings were just not very attractive. Here i learn, that reacting to these offerings make them look bad. Well, good luck in your reality distortion field!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Steam Trade Offers Launch
9. Re: Steam Trade Offers Launch Sep 5, 2013, 10:36 Kajetan

RaZ0r! wrote on Sep 5, 2013, 09:44:
Unfortunately that is up to the publishers, not Valve or Steam. Also, Valve allowing game trading is probably not really in their best interest either. With AAA games going as cheap as two bucks on sale nowadays I'm not sure they are worth trading.
Not a problem ... can i trade Valve games, please? And yes, you may take your trading fee, like eBay takes a fee, like Gamestop or Amazon. Please?

News Comments > Steam Top 10
36. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 4, 2013, 04:04 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Sep 2, 2013, 15:39:
so what do you like? Something a bit more linear like Fable or ME?
More linear is always good, but INTERESTING sandbox gameplay is better. Just look at Fallout 3. I am bored after an hour and after two hours i have to stop. Tried it several times. Then i tried FO New Vegas and couldnt stop playing the more than bugged release version for a few days. Then i had to buy the game

So, to be precise: I have nothing against so called OpenWorld or Sandbox games. While i do prefer a good linear RPG romp, i had fun with the STALKER series, i LOVE the old Ultima games (which were THE first Sandbox RPG eva). But games from Bethesda? Since TES Arena i tried every TES game and every time i have to acknowledge that Beth games and i are not compatible.

News Comments > Steam Top 10
27. Re: Steam Top 10 Sep 2, 2013, 10:37 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 23:44:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Sep 1, 2013, 17:22:
but I think only 20 people in the whole world don't own Skyrim?

What? Who are these INSOLENT FOOLS??!
*whimper* Me? ... do not hurt me, please do not hurt me ...

Well, actually, i do not like the TES RPG style. Too much sandbox, far too less red main quest threading.

News Comments > Everybody's Gone To The Rapture PS4
19. Re: Everybody's Gone To The <strike>Rapture</strike> PS4 Aug 23, 2013, 04:37 Kajetan

Cyant wrote on Aug 23, 2013, 03:45:
Bungie was not a indie developer so whats your point.
And MS was in DIRE NEED of some nifty killer app for this weird console thingy they wanted to sell.

Sony just wants to make the PS4 a hipster hardware

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
19. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 10:56 Kajetan

Smellfinger wrote on Aug 21, 2013, 10:21:
Why would you pay a monthly fee to play a game that's going to have a cash shop?
It depends on what i can buy. Just some (!) fancy vanity or XP grinding stuff like Blizzard has done in WoW? Why not? In my opinion that is not part of the game.

More inventory slots? Faster mounts only in the shop? No way!

News Comments > The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions
1. Re: The Elder Scrolls Online to Use Subscriptions Aug 21, 2013, 08:55 Kajetan

Good! I like games where i know how much money i will spend. Upfront.  

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
52. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 13:21 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 13:01:
Still, it's a step in the right direction for EA. I guess it was forced by the awfulness that was SimCity.
No. It was forced by the fact that the marketshare of Origin compared to Steam is still microscopic small and tiny.

News Comments > EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees
10. Re: EA Offering Origin Game Guarantees Aug 20, 2013, 10:09 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on Aug 20, 2013, 09:53:
While this is a move in the right direction... it should be 24 hours after first launch of the game
"within 24 hours of first launch or within a week of your purchase, whichever comes first"

News Comments > Panzer General Online Announced
3. Re: Panzer General Online Announced Aug 20, 2013, 03:59 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 21:13:
So the original PG was a turn-based game that required good use of support units and combined arms. After watching that trailer, I have no idea what kind of game they're making.
It's supposed to be some kind of trading card game, like MTG or others. Playable in your browser, online. *yawn*

News Comments > No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year?
14. Re: No GFWL for Batman: Arkham Origins - GFWL & AOE Online Ending Next Year? Aug 20, 2013, 01:43 Kajetan

Die already, die, die!!

*firing round after round in GFWLs rotting flesh*

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
7. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 19, 2013, 04:56 Kajetan

Ant wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 00:13:
"Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"
Cold shivers are running down my spine

And no, i don't want a "spiritual successor" when this means stupid and simplistic shooter crap as in Bioshock. I want the full, unaltered gameplay!

News Comments > Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week
18. Re: Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week Aug 16, 2013, 08:47 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 08:32:
Microsoft marginalizing its own platform for the sake of Ballmers living room dream is beyond absurdity.
To be fair ... this is the old dream of Bill Gates. Ballmer just follows it, simply because he has no better idea.

News Comments > Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month
4. Re: Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month Aug 15, 2013, 16:38 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 16:33:
Is it just me, or is the MOBA landscape completely oversaturated?
It is. And i haven't played any MOBA at all. Not even the first Dota mod for WC3. Life still goes on!

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
40. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 13:37 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 13:15:
Been almost 15 years since they've had a good game design.
What are you gonna do, when you have no good game designer anymore?

id was nothing without Romero and Romero was nothing without id.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Trailer
8. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 05:28 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 02:39:
They'll have to work for it.
But not THAT much. You know, it's F2P where good quality is a major commercial risk

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
20. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 17:27 Kajetan

Ludomancer wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 15:20:
Additionally, while the tech was awesome ...
Yes, totally. Highly detailled models and beautiful landscapes. But seeing highly detailled models beside some grayish-brownish very-low-res wall textures and ugly voxel blobs which probably are some kind of boxes ... Megatexture is fine for rendering landscapes. It does suck monkey balls when you use it to render everything else.

News Comments > 7.7 Million WoW Subs
1. Re: 7.7 Million WoW Subs Jul 26, 2013, 09:32 Kajetan

In before "WoW is dead, DEAD!!!":

Every other MMO company wishes they have only half of that paying (!) player numbers ...

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2013, 08:38 Kajetan

Rhino wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 07:33:
So what is the verdict on Torchlight II, seeing as it's on a Flash deal?
Very fast, very neat ARPG. The Art Design is a deal breaker for some people, but the gameplay itself is nearly flawless. Longevity: MP, different & distinct classes, lots of additional content via Steamworks (new textures, new classes (right now i'm playing a rebuild of the WoW Paladin), maps and new story lines.

Get it!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
24. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:58 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:52:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:42:
You know your collection of games is nearly complete ...

... when a Steam sale comes and you calmly make plans for other things to spend your money on.

Like the Nordstrom anniversary sale that starts next week?
You know your days of collecting games are over, when your spouse says: "Awwww, that will fit perfectly to XYZ! And besides, you already have enough games you haven't even touched!" "True, but ..."

1966 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 8.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo