Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1979 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

News Comments > GameStop Financials
9. Re: GameStop Financials Mar 19, 2010, 02:52 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on Mar 19, 2010, 00:57:
Don't bite the hand that feeds you ...
So true. It's basic economics. Consumers purchase power is limited and nothing the industry does, will change this. But if they really want to stop the sales of "used" games, i encourage them to do so. The faster the majors vanish from the face of the earth, the better for all.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
16. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 15:54 Kajetan

elefunk wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 12:51:
... crap ...
Some cheese to your whine?

My god, some people take gaming way to serious

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Metro 2033 Mar 16, 2010, 12:02 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 16, 2010, 11:22:
Wish there was a demo.
There will be a demo some time after the release. Devs say, they just havent enough time before that.

I tried the usual P2P demo a few minutes and ... while it DOES look very pretty, i was just watching one heavily scripted event after another, had two QTEs (quick time events) and can't save freely, which makes this game the usual console shooter, including the typical "We're not providing a health bar. Instead we just color the screen red until you are dead, but it's up to you to guess HOW MUCH you are hurt and when to use a medkit."

Meh ... I'll pass, but you can give it a shot. Maybe you'll like that kind of shooter. And no, this is NOT Stalker. This is just another console shooter.

News Comments > Blizzard Game Successes and Failures
5. Re: Blizzard Game Successes and Failures Mar 15, 2010, 15:18 Kajetan

I'm not so sure they actually LEARNED anything after all...
As long, as these units provide just an optional layer of strategy (should i use my basic units or should i spare the ressources for this elite unit?), they have learned to avoid this trap.

News Comments > NVIDIA's 3D Push
5. Re: NVIDIA's 3D Push Mar 15, 2010, 11:44 Kajetan

ldonyo wrote on Mar 15, 2010, 11:31:
I'm waiting for 3D without glasses. I'll keep my 2D TV until then.
Yes, i too prefer 3D without glasses ... because i have no interest in putting on a SECOND pair of glasses ontop to the ones i'm already wearing

News Comments > Richard Garriott's Sweet @$! Poker
5. Re: Richard Garriott's Sweet @$! Poker Mar 10, 2010, 11:14 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Mar 10, 2010, 10:45:
Gotta pay the bills I guess.
Space travels ARE expensive And Garriott surely wants to go up once more.

News Comments > PC Fable III?
5. Re: PC Fable III? Mar 5, 2010, 14:44 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Mar 5, 2010, 14:42:
Whats the point of it without Fable II on PC ?
Whats the point of Fable on the PC anyway?

News Comments > No PC DeathSpank?
2. Re: No PC DeathSpank Mar 4, 2010, 14:03 Kajetan

Calm down ... OF COURSE there will be a pc version.  

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
11. Re: Evening Metaverse Mar 2, 2010, 03:52 Kajetan

December 2009:
Firefox usage (FF3 only) in Germany: 44,2%, still going up
IE usage in germany (all version combined): 44,8%, still going down

Similar numbers in other european countries. And no, we europeans are NOT smarter than the rest of the world. We just hate Microsoft more

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Trailer
4. Re: CryENGINE 3 Trailer Feb 26, 2010, 16:54 Kajetan

PHJF wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 16:49:
Wow you have incredibly low standards.
I'm not interested in your shit. Really, no. And there ARE only details left to improve. So, please ... could you explain to me, what i am looking at in this video, instaed of behaving like a total idiot?

News Comments > More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month
24. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month Feb 26, 2010, 16:47 Kajetan

Flatline wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 16:23:
PS, you're an asshole for suggesting to just pirate something that the devs have created to give you incentive not to pirate. You can't argue the point economically, you're just an asshole.
Would you please stop looking at the movie inside your head? And start reading, what i wrote?
And second, learn to recognize irony. Helps a lot ...

News Comments > CryENGINE 3 Trailer
2. Re: CryENGINE 3 Trailer Feb 26, 2010, 16:37 Kajetan

What is so special about that? I don't see it

I don't know, way back, years ago, it was A LOT easier to get excited from looking at screenshots from new games and engines. Now i have to refer to picture descriptions to know, that this screenshot is DX9, or 10 or 11. Or i have to study computer science, to appreciate the work of the engine coders.

Graphic improvements are "done". There is nearly nothing left to improve. And i dont play games to look at "photo realism". For that i leave the house and walk the woods

20. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month Feb 26, 2010, 13:59 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 13:51:
It's very difficult for even retail stores to predict consumer budgets for their products which is why you see them instead simply price used games at a lower price period. You can see this in action all the time, when new games drop in price the used games price drops immediately as well, regardless of actual consumer perception of product value or condition.
True. Thats the market, publisher want to make a profit in. But after years and years of constant, two-digit growth, they feel obligated to high revenues and profits. So they want to adapt consumer behaviour to their needs, instead of adapting their business model to the consumers needs ...

Which is, in my opinion, the first step in becoming irrelevant and obsolet

13. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month Feb 26, 2010, 13:39 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 13:33:
???
What? What do i justify with what?
I simply said, that the used games market does not hurt a developer or a publisher, because they benefit from freeing purchase power in seeling an old game to have enough money to buy a new game, which will not be bought, if the consumer has not enough money. Whatever you read into my comment, it has nothing to do with the content of my comment.

11. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month Feb 26, 2010, 13:29 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 13:14:
What if someone sold one of their used games to buy a new game...that developer would see some money...no? Like say someone buys, Dragon Age and plays it, and then later they see Mass Effect 2 but only have $30 to spend, guess they can't play it, oh well. But wait, there is a store that will offer them $30 for Dragon age and then they can afford Mass Effect 2! Oh Hooray the developer got money! Cept the developer that made Dragon Age, he got punked. Unless...
Congratulations! Unlike other people, you understand the basic principle of purchasing power. You CANNOT spend money on things with money, you don't have

5. Re: More Mass Effect 2 Cerberus DLC Next Month Feb 26, 2010, 12:50 Kajetan

Parallax Abstraction wrote on Feb 26, 2010, 12:10:
You want to save money by buying used, they aren't saying you can't but then you don't get all the free stuff people who actually supported them get,
But you can download the new DLC in form of the traditional P2P release. So, no harm done

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces
22. Re: Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces Feb 24, 2010, 18:51 Kajetan

edit ...  

News Comments > Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces
20. Re: Ubisoft DRM and the Armed Forces Feb 24, 2010, 16:48 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Feb 24, 2010, 14:46:
Not really. Only a vocal minority stays informed about DRM, and fewer still are going to give up a game they want to play because of it.

Certainly not enough to make a dent in sales, let alone bankrupt a company.
There is a reason why EA abandoned Online Activation and Installation Limits ... poor sales, caused by a public outcry, by Amazon One-Star-Rankings, protesting and boycotting customers. It does work

News Comments > Borderlands DLC this Week
11. Re: Borderlands DLC this Week Feb 23, 2010, 02:07 Kajetan

Narf2029 wrote on Feb 23, 2010, 01:47:
Remember the days when raised level caps and new items either came for free or came wrapped in a 15-20 hour expansion pack?
No. Those days never existed. You lie. All hail DLC. All hail our new Overlords!

News Comments > Eschalon: Book II Trailer
2. Re: Eschalon: Book II Trailer Feb 22, 2010, 10:29 Kajetan

This little gem seems more fun to me than "Look at me. I'm BIG! You have to buy me, because i will make my makers a million bucks!"-Dragon Age or it's brother, Fallout3.

But whatever floats your boat ...

1979 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 70.
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo