Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2195 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

News Comments > Section 8: Prejudice Unveiled
12. Re: Section 8: Prejudice Unveiled Sep 10, 2010, 02:16 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Sep 10, 2010, 01:29:
They need to make this more like Tribes and less like Halo.
" ... that the entire Dev team were only playing it on XBox 360 religiously ..."

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Brian Wood Memorial Fund
41. Re: Brian Wood Memorial Fund Sep 10, 2010, 01:52 Kajetan

Jeraxle wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 19:54:
People that make excuses for people to not take some responsibility for their own actions make me sick.
Nobody does that in the course of this discussion.

And once again for you: Anger, hate and therefore the desire for revenge is understandable, but it solves nothing. Harsh sentences exist only, because we don't have any other response. It's just a displacement activity to satisfy our emotional needs. Lock people away or kill them, as they have killed. That is our answer to all crimes. An answer, which solves nothing, improves nothing, make things worse in some cases.

But sadly enough, it's the only answer we have right now. And therefore, we have to find other solutions, because this one is only a giant waste of time and people and ressources.

37. Re: Brian Wood Memorial Fund Sep 9, 2010, 18:26 Kajetan

Mr. Tact wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 15:32:
Your comment is pointless and meaningless unless you can purpose a reasonable alternative.
You have not understand my point. Therefore, you cannot demand anything.

Clearly we don't want people to be allowed to cause the death of others without consequence. Are you proposing complete anarchy?
No. I haven't said anything to assume, that i want this. I said, that harsh sentences solve NOTHING. That harsh sentences serve only our desire for revenge. And the first step to improve ourselves, our laws and society is to admit that fact. Then, and only then, we can brainstorm for alternatives. Because i don't have the perfect solution either. I only know, that the "old way" of eye for an eye changes nothing at all.

9. Re: Brian Wood Memorial Fund Sep 9, 2010, 14:34 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 13:57:
They robbed a family of their father which is a massive emotional and financial burden, something that some families never fully recover from. The punishment should be appropriately severe.
Which is completely understandable. But ... it solves nothing, nothing will be better, it prevents nothing, it serves only our need for revenge.

2. Re: Brian Wood Memorial Fund Sep 9, 2010, 13:35 Kajetan

Wildone wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 13:29:
I hope they send those assholes responsible to prison for life
Yeah, that will return Mr. Wood back to life AND it prevents further drug induced car accidents, totally!

News Comments > Need for Speed World Goes Free
8. Re: Need for Speed World Goes Free Sep 9, 2010, 11:38 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 11:35:
Free's a great price. :)
Nothing is free! My time is precious and crappy games are no longer allowed to waste it

News Comments > Need for Speed World Goes Free
2. Re: Need for Speed World Goes Free Sep 9, 2010, 10:46 Kajetan

And next time, a subscription based MMO starts, what will the players do? Wait for the game to become F2P!

Which it will soon enough, because not enough people will be stupid enough to pay subscription fees, when they just have to wait a few more months, before the publisher caves in to save the invested capital.

News Comments > Settlers 7 DLC
5. Re: Settlers 7 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 09:24 Kajetan

Riker wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 09:16:
I couldn't disagree more.
Tastes are different. Let's agree to disagree!

News Comments > Settlers 7 DLC
2. Re: Settlers 7 DLC Sep 9, 2010, 03:11 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Sep 8, 2010, 23:55:
always on DRM gone yet? Then I won't be getting settlers 7.
Be advised ... even WITHOUT the DRM, Settlers 7 is a mediocre, boring game. Finally, they killed the franchise for good.

News Comments > Minecraft Dev Starting Studio
6. Re: Minecraft Dev Starting Studio Sep 9, 2010, 01:45 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Sep 9, 2010, 01:38:
I seem to remember some interview or blog a week ago where he said they just wanted to chew the fat with him, I got the impression that valve has money coming out their ears.
Hmmm, money kills creativity. Hopefully, he doesn't become lazy. Hopefully, money doesn't corrupt him.

News Comments > Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor
1. Re: Jack Thompson vs Medal of Honor Sep 8, 2010, 10:19 Kajetan

*yawn* Yeah, Jack, nice. Now go outside and play with the other children ...  

News Comments > South Korean Steam Ban Possible
6. Re: South Korean Steam Ban Possible Sep 8, 2010, 01:46 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 23:35:
I though North Korea were the ones that banned everything.
No. Some of our most freedom loving democratic states are also the states with the most internet bans.

News Comments > TRON: Evolution Trailer
3. Re: TRON: Evolution Trailer Sep 7, 2010, 12:47 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 12:14:
Sounds like this is going to be a 2 hour advertisement instead of a film. Just like Transformers. Sigh.
What do you expect? A new Bergman movie?

News Comments > David Allen Speaks
15. Re: David Allen Speaks Sep 7, 2010, 12:41 Kajetan

nin wrote on Sep 7, 2010, 11:23:
Thank goodness Derek doesn't post here anymore, after he said he was leaving.
Yepp, you're right. This ..., erm, nice person here, posting under "dsmart", must be somebody else then.

News Comments > Chris Taylor on PCs
1. Re: Chris Taylor on PCs Sep 7, 2010, 11:08 Kajetan

And we all know, what all these game veterans will say, when the new console generation is available ... PC gaming is dead, please welcome our new console overlords! And thank you [insert publisher], for your generous paycheck, because you want me to say these things, so that all dumb sheeple will buy our new and shiny nextgen games, because pc games will vanish soon and we all dont wanna be without games, don't we?  

News Comments > Sunday Metaverse
4. Re: Cheap broadband Sep 6, 2010, 04:15 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Sep 5, 2010, 20:17:
In any case, propaganda is the natural result of government intervention in the marketplace.
Yeah, of course ... the invisible hand of the "free" market will make everything good for all. Dream on, stay stupid and do NOT interfere with Corporate America.

News Comments > Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted
43. Re: Stardock Layoffs: Elemental Faulted Sep 5, 2010, 06:25 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Sep 5, 2010, 04:37:
The unhappiest gamers alive are at Blue's News. While I've seen sites with a lot more bile and spite in terms of quantity, no site beats the consistency of posts here at Blue's. I can predict with almost 100% certainty what a given user will say about a given news post.

I really wonder, with the posts I see here, why these people bother with gaming at all if it is so bad. I have to assume they are mostly pirates and aren't investing any cash into the hobby. After all, to complain that much and still give developers money they'd have to be the biggest suckers alive.
Oh, what a self-righteous bullshit!

News Comments > DNF ShakyCam Footage
18. Re: DNF ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2010, 13:39 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 13:15:
I've been a PC gamer for 20+ years, most of that exclusively, and I still find the fear and hyperbole about "consolized" games to be laughable.
Nice for you. But other people have "slightly" different quality standards.

News Comments > DNF ShakyCam Footage
14. Re: DNF ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2010, 12:13 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 11:48:
Borderlands' menus are far from "broken."
They are designed to be used with a controller. Usable with mouse & keyboard? Yes, usable, barely! Good? Hell, fuck, no! Terrible console crap!

But, to be honest, not as bad as in Burnout Paradise (PC), which has THE worst menu interface of all times.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
45. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 4, 2010, 07:59 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 04:52:
I don't care what the "Waaah regenerating health!" crybabies say, that sounds fucking awesome.
If said crybabies can keep on calling auto-heal-lovers lazy, stupid, skill-less fucks, yes, than you may find that as awesome as you like

2195 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 70.
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo