Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2007 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

News Comments > Dragon Age: Origins DLC Announced
8. Re: Dragon Age: Origins DLC Announced May 6, 2010, 03:23 Kajetan

Mostly_Harmless wrote on May 6, 2010, 02:36:
Can't they just sell this stuff for real money.
No. Because they do not want you to buy games for the price they are offered, but they want you to buy virtual currency in pre-defined blocks, so you have to spend MORE money than the actual cost of the game you want to buy. And the money left, you can only spend on this closed plattform, but all virtual prices are calculated in a way, that you are always forced to spend MORE than you want to actually buy.

And what are the companies doing with this extra money you gave them? They are investing it, making some interest, some financial investements. Its very profitable

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Wolves 3 Expansion Announced
5. Re: Star Wolves 3 Expansion Announced May 6, 2010, 03:09 Kajetan

Prez wrote on May 5, 2010, 23:43:
Lots of rough edges, but if you're the tolerable type like myself, this series is a REAL gem.
"Lots of rough edges" ... understatement of the month!
But yes, the StarWolves-Series IS an underrated, overlooked gem, a real underdog. The gameplay is very interesting, is bringing some nice touches to the genre and is solid enough, that you can overlook the terrible, unpolished shell the devs put their gameplay in.

News Comments > Cecil on Piracy and Economics
6. Re: Holy Sh!t, someone who makes sense May 6, 2010, 02:46 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on May 6, 2010, 01:24:
? Both publishers distribute their games on Steam and the other digital distribution services.
Yes, they do ... but often enough for the standard price of a standard retail version, where you get a printed handbook, a DVD (its own backup medium) AND you can resell your game, when you are done with it or it's not that good as you hoped it would be. I cannot resell anything on Steam (or other platforms), forcing me to wait for some sales or until i have enough money to buy a new game, which would happen faster, if i could sell my old games.

Steam (and other platforms) remind me of the first download services the music industry had built. Slow, not very comfortable, very restrictive und too expensive. There is MUCH room for improvements!

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Easy Button May 5, 2010, 17:26 Kajetan

Warskull wrote on May 5, 2010, 13:54:
I've found my taste in games has been refined and my tolerance for bullshit has decreased over time. These days you have a lot of games to choose from so why keep playing a mediocre game you don't enjoy.
I concur. I am more and more choosy, whining about most new (bad) games becomes a second nature and its getting more and more difficult for the publishers to satisfy my gaming tastes. Im going Statler & Waldorf!

Playing Dragon Age 1 hour a week would suck, because more often than not that 1 hour wouldn't have any enjoyable moments in your 1 hour play session. You have to play Dragon Age for a significant amount of time to get any payoff.
I haven't played DA yet, but i don't require a non-stop, always fast paced gameplay to keep my interest high enough to stick with a game over several weeks or even months. But too often, when i got back to a game, especially a RPG, i find myself wondering, what the fuck was i suppossed to do in this game. Quest journals are some help, but what an old fart like me would prefer ... a feature, which tells the story so far with an ingame-engine movie. Displaying memorable fights, showing known adversaries, wrapping up everything i was doing since the last gaming session ... and then the story aka the game continues.

News Comments > Rejected Wookiee Game
6. Re: Rejected Wookiee Game May 5, 2010, 10:50 Kajetan

nin wrote on May 5, 2010, 10:42:
And the more I think about a Grand Theft AT-ST, the more it actually sounds good...
Sim Deathstar? Can has? Pleeze?

News Comments > RAGE Next Year
50. Re: RAGE Next Year May 5, 2010, 07:21 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on May 5, 2010, 03:27:
I do agree that shooters generally have fewer opportunities to showcase good AI, though. I'd say that stealth and strategy games have far more potential.
Yes, because in shooters, people like to actually shoot things. And not chase them around the block for hours

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 "Equalizer Pack" DLC Released
6. Re: Mass Effect 2 May 4, 2010, 18:03 Kajetan

NKD wrote on May 4, 2010, 17:40:
Oh. 160 points is only $2? What was everyone bitching about then? $2 is as good as free.
No. It's two dollars. Comparing to the content you purchase (just three ingame items), this is not as good as free. It's still two dollars. But if somebody wants to buy this ... please, go ahead. It's his money, it's his descision, not mine

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Ubisoft
5. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Ubisoft May 4, 2010, 14:18 Kajetan

The Advocate wrote on May 4, 2010, 13:06:
, , ,
Grammar Nazi!

You have somethi,ng, els,e to say,?

News Comments > Clint Hocking Leaves Ubisoft
2. Re: Clint Hocking Leaves Ubisoft May 4, 2010, 12:56 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on May 4, 2010, 12:16:
Yeah, being too content is a real reason to quit your job.
Yes, it is. For people, who want to achieve something else, than going to the same work for the next 20 years, because it's so comforting. Maybe, he wants to start his own company, taking the risk, finding out, if he can do it. Maybe, he wants to help people, do charity. We don't know. And frankly, it's none of our business

News Comments > Mass Effect 2 DLC Tomorrow
23. Re: Mass Effect 2 DLC Tomorrow May 4, 2010, 05:28 Kajetan

Mashiki Amiketo wrote on May 4, 2010, 04:47:
Age tends to do that when you're not buying it on mommy and daddy's credit card.
You know, why these kind of games are made and marketed primarily for juvenile audiences? Money is spend willingly and without a second thought. Because it's not their money or they are still singles without the need to care for a whole family or they have not made enough negative experiences to become cautious and sceptical.

I was that kind of juvenile, spending money on a lot of shit, not caring about tommorow or even the coming year. But growing older, i still love games, but its getting more and more difficult for the industry to open my wallet. You can only take a certain amount of shit, until you start saying NO MORE!

News Comments > Morning Previews
3. Re: Morning Previews DAMN May 3, 2010, 15:50 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on May 3, 2010, 10:50:
The fact that you have to gather "Elerium" and take "Snapshots" of corpses to gather evidence is a far cry from the meat and bones of the strategic & research elements of the original game.
What do you expect from a shooter? At best, XCOM will be a solid shooter with a handfull of non-standard features. If not ... well, nothing is lost as i expect nothing

News Comments > Alpha Protocol DRM Details
36. Re: No Confidence Vote For Steam May 3, 2010, 08:55 Kajetan

JD wrote on May 3, 2010, 07:28:
Not only did Steam's DRM fail to prevent or slow the piracy of the game, ...
That it did since the release of HL2, nearly six years ago. Every Steam exclusive game was available as a copy mostly from day one. Steam NEVER held the promise, Lombardi and other Valve officials made concerning their "new age of DRM". And SEGA just discovered that now? I don't think so ...

Obviously sales of AvP weren't strong enough to overcome that exclusitivity.
And that is probably the only reason behind SEGAs descision.

This comment was edited on May 3, 2010, 11:24.

News Comments > Alpha Protocol DRM Details
32. Re: No Confidence Vote For Steam May 3, 2010, 06:48 Kajetan

JD wrote on May 3, 2010, 04:32:
It's been pirated to hell and back. Pirates can even play it online.
So what? Every game on Steam is being "pirated" to hell and back. What makes SEGAs experience with AvP on Steam so special?

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Patched
4. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Patched Apr 28, 2010, 15:44 Kajetan

wolve wrote on Apr 28, 2010, 15:31:
... that uninstalls C&C 4 and installs SC2 beta instead?
Cool! Instant C&C4-buy!

... not

News Comments > Command & Conquer 4 Patched
1. Re: Command & Conquer 4 Patched Apr 28, 2010, 14:32 Kajetan

Is this the patch ...

SCNR

News Comments > Blood on GOG.com
23. Re: Blood on GOG.com Apr 23, 2010, 06:43 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on Apr 23, 2010, 00:22:
Too bad Monolith wasn't talented enough make Blood 2, they bought the Blood story, engine and game from 3D Realms (iirc)and didn't really hit their stride until Shogo and NOLF.
Blood 1 was made by Monolith. They just used the BUILD engine from 3DRealms.

News Comments > Bushnell & Atari Name Reunited
3. Re: Bushnell & Atari Name Reunited Apr 19, 2010, 14:03 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Apr 19, 2010, 13:59:
Wait, wasn't Atari bought by Ubisoft awhile back?
No. Infogrames bought the name rights and renamed itself to Atari.

News Comments > June Singularity Confirmed
11. Re: June Singularity Confirmed Apr 19, 2010, 06:45 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on Apr 19, 2010, 03:13:
Yeah, don't know this is really pushing it, the whole console design and the trailers are using strobe flashing to make quick cutaways before we get to see too much.
Showing too much of a game is too risky for the publishers nowadays. Well, since demos are too expensive and Prepaid-DLC is TEH NEW SAVIOUR, i guess, that not releasing any games at all, but still charging for them is the new business strategy of the years to come.

Can't wait!

News Comments > Apocalypse Now Game?
4. Re: Apocalypse Now Game? Apr 12, 2010, 10:31 Kajetan

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 12, 2010, 09:37:
Will there be any surfing in this game?
Gamers don't surf!

News Comments > Ubisoft: DRM Will "Evolve"
67. Re: Ubisoft: DRM Will Apr 11, 2010, 12:56 Kajetan

tuddies wrote on Apr 11, 2010, 11:31:
WHO in their RIGHT MIND actually applauds this horrific DRM?
People, who will gladly sell their grandmothers soul, just to play this hot new game.

2007 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 70.
< Newer [ 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo