Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1979 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare on PC Gaming
14. Re: BioWare on PC Gaming Jun 24, 2010, 11:12 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 10:43:
Has the world gone mad? Are publishers and devs suddenly giving some sort of support for the PC? What is going on?
What's going on? A bad, for some companies even worse business year 2009. Low sales, low revenue, overall the worst year since a decade.

Sooo ... publisher are looking for a new market and they re-discover the PC as a gaming platform.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Singularity Diaries
5. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 09:13 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 08:41:
Sad to hear pirates already have it.
Sad? Its the only advertising this game will get

The very early scene release suggests, that there was a leak very high up in the production chain. We know, that TV producers start to use file sharing sites to promote their work, when the network isnt convinced, that their pilot will become popular. Maybe publishers and devs experiment with this kind of guerilla marketing, to promote sales without the need for an expensive marketing budget?

The game itself, as i said, is quite entertaining. Not as stupid or boring as Wolfenstein, has a nice atmosphere (Bioshock meets Stalin meets Timeshift). I like it! I will probably even buy it

News Comments > On OnLive Game Prices
108. Re: On OnLive Game Prices Jun 24, 2010, 07:38 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 11:08:
But yeah, if they want to catch the typical console players with this service, they can go right ahead. They might actually be successful.
Why? Typical console gamers are not their customers. Remember, these people already have the appropriate hardware to play all these games.

Which brings us back to the question: Who in Gods name is the target group for this kind of service?

News Comments > Singularity Diaries
2. Re: Singularity Diaries Jun 24, 2010, 07:04 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 24, 2010, 06:28:
Activision is really sending this one out to die ...
Based on what? Not enough marketing, not enough press? Btw. it's already out since a few days and besides my physiological problems with the UT3 engine (headache, dizziness after playing for an hour or so), its a fine game. Not a milestone, but a very solid and entertaining shooter. Heck, they even have a classical health bar and NO auto-heal. And for the next game, i will get my old savegame system back!

News Comments > 70% of Activision Profits Non-Console
2. Re: 70% of Activision Profits Non-Console Jun 23, 2010, 09:36 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 23, 2010, 09:34:
WOW who would have thought?
But, but, but ... isn't the PC dead as a gaming platform????

News Comments > Kotick: Audience "Clamoring" for Subscription CoD
110. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 23, 2010, 07:56 Kajetan

^Drag0n^ wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 20:13:
They've modified the hell out of it, but yes, it's idTech 4 (Doom3 engine).
id tech? The last game the CoD series used id tech ... was the first game. Since CoD2 IW and Treyarch are using their own engines. And the IW engine was primarily based on id tech 3, not 4.

News Comments > Homefront Sequel is Homefront: London?
4. Re: Homefront Sequel is Homefront: London? Jun 22, 2010, 11:27 Kajetan

the_culture wrote on Jun 22, 2010, 11:02:
But release the first game BEFORE you start talking about the sequel.
Deja vu. What was the game called, who's creators talked about "themed city sequels" even months before the initial release? Oh yes ... Hellgate: London

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status
10. Re: Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status Jun 21, 2010, 18:51 Kajetan

Ecthelion wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 18:06:
I think the game is more immersive with checkpoints.
If thats ok with you, than its ok I find games with only a savepoint system annoying. Immersion i'll get from other features.

I would like a switch in the game options menu. Savepoints [on/off]. And everybody's happy!

News Comments > Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status
6. Re: Alpha Protocol Patch, DLC Status Jun 21, 2010, 17:45 Kajetan

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 21, 2010, 17:35:
It's immersive!
Using a stupid savegame system with few save points kills any immersion this game could ever produce.

I'm sorry, but in these kind of games, i want to save whenever I see fit to do it, not the level designer. I play the game, not some other person. I'm no longer a student. I work. I have family. My time management doesn't go well with save points.

26. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 20, 2010, 16:33 Kajetan

Wildone wrote on Jun 20, 2010, 15:46:
Why the fuck do I need to pay for a monthly subscription to Xbox live and additional online fees to play like this?
Because YOU and everybody else here at Blues is NOT the target group for this business model. This is for people, who bought the CoD DLC. Just look at the Steam charts. Plenty of people, who will do ANYTHING to play the latest and "hottest" CoD game. And they will gladly fork over their money. Gladly and willingly.

9. Re: Kotick: Audience Jun 20, 2010, 13:38 Kajetan

the_culture wrote on Jun 20, 2010, 13:03:
Console gamers nowadays will eat anything and everything without even blinking an eye.
Considering the huge commercial success of CoD on the PC ... you might want to rephrase that

News Comments > OnLive On, Live
42. Re: But they're smart chimpanzees. Jun 19, 2010, 17:26 Kajetan

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Jun 19, 2010, 16:33:
Being capable doesn't mean being available. If the games you want to play are only availble via Onlive and its ilk, then you will either hop on board the bandwagon or be left out.
This i do not deny, but the only reason any publisher chooses Onlive (or others) as an exclusive channel is an outstanding success, proving that the consumer accepts this service. And THAT is to be proven first. And we are talking about a success and acceptance rate comparable to Steam. Which will take years, if it happens at all ...

40. Re: You are too few to matter. Jun 19, 2010, 16:33 Kajetan

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Jun 19, 2010, 16:28:
Remember these services eliminate all the current losses from piracy and use game sales.
What "losses"?

35. Re: But they're smart chimpanzees. Jun 19, 2010, 15:21 Kajetan

I've Got The News Blues wrote on Jun 19, 2010, 13:33:
When services like this become the only game delivery option ...
Why should services like this become the only game delivery option? I do not see anything to support this assumption. And why would anyone subscribe to Onlive and others, if their hardware is quite capable to play modern games. You know, the times, where you hd to upgrade every half a year to be able to play the latest PC games in all their beauty, these times are long gone. Why should anyone subscribe to Onlive, when the majority of US gamers play on the console? Who should subscribe to Onlive? What target group?

Yes, this business plan WAS written by chimpanzees. Smart chimpanzees, who managed to find some stupid investors and that is everything this "service" wants to be. A possibility for the founders to become rich and wealthy very fast, feasting on venture capital as long as it is available.

30. Re: OnLive On, Live Jun 19, 2010, 06:25 Kajetan

cliffski wrote on Jun 19, 2010, 06:17:
so if I ever want to ever play a game that needs no lag, I need a fully capable PC to play them on.
In which case....
Why dont I just buy the games I want and play them on aforementioend PC, rather than paying to rent games I've already bought through a third party?
Their business plan was written by chimpanzees.
So true. Thank you!

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled
22. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled Jun 11, 2010, 17:51 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 16:52:
So are we going to get a godammed Duke Nukem game or not?
We do. Duke Nukem Manhattan Project on XBLA. Yay? ;-P

News Comments > Civilization V in September
14. Re: Civilization V in September Jun 11, 2010, 17:39 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 16:44:
I prefer to buy games to own and not to rent for full price.
Steam is actually better because you have perpetual access to your games for no additional fees, whereas the physical media on which retail games reside is prone to degradation, loss or breakage. Not only that but you can't lose CD-keys. In fact I pity people like yourself who are tied down to the idea of physical media.
I handle my games carefully. Never i have lost a CD key or broke a CD nore a CD was unreadable because of negligence. And all my old floppy games are backuped on a hard drive, ready to use at any time i wish without the need of depending on third parties. I prefer independence over laziness. What you prefer is your descision.

I would not rely on the wellbeing of a company or their server infrastructure or the availability of internet access to play my games. But if you do, its your descision.

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled
5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled Jun 11, 2010, 14:59 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 14:41:
Only after they switch engines.
I heard, Broussard goes for Source Engine 2

News Comments > Civilization V in September
5. Re: Civilization V in September Jun 11, 2010, 13:22 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 11:40:
I don't know, I fear Civilization V will be a very dumbed down and consolized version of Civ IV.
There is already a console version: Civ Revolution. No need for another. Civ 5 is probably another "pure" PC game with the usual gameplay refinements.

But i'm more meh with the enforced Steam lock via the use of Steamworks. I prefer to buy games to own and not to rent for full price. That said, i'll pass, will wait for a major price reduction (under 10 ) and then i'll rent the game from Steam. As i learned over the years, patience IS a virtue

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 11, 2010, 06:56 Kajetan

Oh rly, Adobe has fixed all the security holes in their software?  

1979 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo