Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1962 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled
5. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Lawsuits Settled Jun 11, 2010, 14:59 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 14:41:
Only after they switch engines.
I heard, Broussard goes for Source Engine 2

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Civilization V in September
5. Re: Civilization V in September Jun 11, 2010, 13:22 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jun 11, 2010, 11:40:
I don't know, I fear Civilization V will be a very dumbed down and consolized version of Civ IV.
There is already a console version: Civ Revolution. No need for another. Civ 5 is probably another "pure" PC game with the usual gameplay refinements.

But i'm more meh with the enforced Steam lock via the use of Steamworks. I prefer to buy games to own and not to rent for full price. That said, i'll pass, will wait for a major price reduction (under 10 ) and then i'll rent the game from Steam. As i learned over the years, patience IS a virtue

News Comments > Evening Metaverse
4. Re: Evening Metaverse Jun 11, 2010, 06:56 Kajetan

Oh rly, Adobe has fixed all the security holes in their software?  

News Comments > Mass Effect Graphic Novel Released
6. Re: Mass Effect Graphic Novel Released Jun 10, 2010, 05:54 Kajetan

kxmode wrote on Jun 10, 2010, 00:31:
plus it makes me feel a little bit better about myself for saving a few trees.
Nowadays, there is nothing much to "save". Paper production heavily relies on recycling (90% and more). Trees for paper production are planted in special crop rotation forests, no "natural" forest is used.

If you like your Kindle, then go ahead, like it. But dont fool yourself into thinking, you're doing something good for the enviroment, if you use that DRM infected piece of crap

News Comments > Men of War: Vietnam Announced
4. Re: Men of War: Vietnam Announced Jun 8, 2010, 18:07 Kajetan

kxmode wrote on Jun 8, 2010, 18:00:
Michael Bay presents War Men's Medal of Honor: Vietnam's Call of Duty!
"Chris Taylors Michael Bay presents War Men's Medal of Honor: Vietnam's Call of Duty - The official Game of the Movie, based on the critically acclaimed game War Men's Medal of Honor: Vietnam's Call of Duty"

News Comments > Steam Top 10
3. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 7, 2010, 11:41 Kajetan

BobBob wrote on Jun 7, 2010, 11:37:
Alien Breed Impact should be on the top.
No, it should not. Crappy interface. Good ole Shadowgrounds plays much smoother. Thank God for the demo

News Comments > Witcher 2 Video Diary
20. Re: Witcher 2 Video Diary Jun 6, 2010, 12:49 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 12:04:
Mhh, Alpha Protocol showed that timed dialog is not only possible but makes sure you play your character and not always only the "best" option. Imo a good design decision and fun.
Timed dialogue is in fact quite nice, if used correctly. The one and only thing "Fahrenheit" aka Indigo Prophecy has done right

But CD Project wants to use QTE in certain boss fights to show off their model animation skills. In early videos, you can see the stupidity of that idea. You fight the boss the usual way and suddenly, the interface vansihes and you have no more control over your character. Instead, a predefined ingame sequence starts and you have to press some buttons in the order the game tells you. Just think Dance, Dance Revolution going medieval. If pressed correctly, the game shows you some finishing moves and the fight is over.

And THIS is stupid, because winning is no longer a matter of using the right sword skill at the right moment, according to your chosen skill tree, fighting style and enemy type (no, the combat system in TW1 is nothing like QTE). Its just a matter of being a good monkey, pressing the correct buttons without having to think anything.

18. Re: Witcher 2 Video Diary Jun 6, 2010, 10:45 Kajetan

Overon wrote on Jun 6, 2010, 09:18:
Kajetan I hope you are wrong I really do because I would hate a console controller style interface for Withcer 2.
But you will probably get one.

CD Project wants to have its share from the console crowd. That's ok. Make a console game then. Like Firaxis did with Civ Revolution. Or Blizzard wanted to do with Starcraft Ghost. But in the process, they shit on their PC fanbase and that is unacceptable. A year ago, TW2 was an instant pre-order. Now, i expect the worst and will probably wait for a budget release or a Steam sale, if i didnt ignore it all together. You know, its just a game

16. Re: Witcher 2 Video Diary Jun 6, 2010, 08:26 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 18:22:
Care to elaborate? I haven't been following this game much though I know it's supposed to be multiplatform.
First, the devs want to "enhance" bossfights with Quick Time Events.
Second, they want to "streamline" the combat and make it faster, less tactical, more simple button smashing.
Third, on the latest preview event, the devs showed parts of the game using a 360 controller, which is the main reason, why the interface and the gameplay has to be simplified and dumbed down. Not that console owners are dumb, but devs are too lazy to build two versions of the game, publishers to greedy to invest building two versions of the game.

TW2 will become "Invisible War 2" all over again!

Am i pissed? Hell, yes i am!

3. Re: Witcher 2 Video Diary Jun 5, 2010, 17:45 Kajetan

necrosis wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 16:59:
I really can not wait for this game. The first one was the most refreshing PC game I have played in years with the loads of watered down console ports pouring on the PC gaming scene.
Then you would like to know, that The Witcher 2 is probably to become a watered down console port. There are several previews, which indicate nothing good for the PC crowd.

News Comments > Why Didn't You Buy GSB?
4. Re: Why Didn't You Buy GSB? Jun 5, 2010, 15:37 Kajetan

Why? Because it does not interest me, right now?

No, really. It might be a nice game, but i am STUFFED with games i bought and want to play. There is no need for new games for months ahead. Perhaps even until the end of the year.

News Comments > Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer
53. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 12:22 Kajetan

BobBob wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 12:16:
Yes, I understand what you mean. I consider a comfortable game a boring one. I like to feel suspense and fear in a game.
As you wish. But i wish for a simple button in the games options menu: Savepoints [On/Off]

Everybody is happy!

51. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 12:12 Kajetan

BobBob wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 11:53:
It's human nature to take the easy path.
A free save system doesnt make a game easier. Only more comfortable

48. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 11:19 Kajetan

BobBob wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 10:51:
A well developed check point or infrequent save system is good for a challenge.
Modern video game myths. Today: Savepoints make a game more challenging.

No. They don't. Savepoints have their origin in the sparse and expensive memory storage of early console generations. The games had to be build around that restriction. "Challenge" comes only from the obstacles, the player has to overcome, like a hard boss monster or a tricky jump combination.

Today, savepoints serve only one point. Extend play time, because the game itself is a) too easy because of features like auto-heal or b) its too short, because there was not enough budget for proper content.

Quicksave or free saving is nothing more than a courtesy to the player: "Here, play as YOU like it. Save, when you like and where you like. Or don't. Its YOUR choice!"

44. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 09:37 Kajetan

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 09:12:
I feel with you, brother!

"Overall, the team wants the player to stay in the events surrounding him and experience the tension indefinitely."

When i wanted to do that, i typed in a cheat code and made myself invincible. Nowadays, i do not need cheat codes anymore. I just sit back and let the game play itself, myself being half drunk and half asleep and suddenly, the end credits are rolling and i finally can go to bed. Oh yes, i already can experience the tension indefininetly ...

Horray to modern games!! No more need for watching crappy TV! Just sit back and watch some crappy game!

41. Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution E3 2010 Trailer Jun 5, 2010, 06:08 Kajetan

ForgedReality wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 05:34:
Anyone who pre-orders this based upon a cinematic trailer is a god damned idiot.
The industry thrieves on these idiots. They have their purpose in life

News Comments > Supreme Commander 2 Patched
10. Re: Supreme Commander 2 Patched Jun 5, 2010, 05:39 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Jun 5, 2010, 05:27:
One can hope, anyway.
Hope alone does not bring gaming fun on MY table

And i quit "hoping". There is no hope concerning games. This is an industry, where games are being build according to target group analysis and feature comparison charts. Love and compassion has left this industry for good. There is a reason, why stupid, cheap, primitive, little indie games slowly gain more interest: They may not look pretty, but they are fun!

News Comments > DigitalMindSoft Steamed at Steam
9. Re: DigitalMindSoft Steamed at Steam Jun 4, 2010, 10:52 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 4, 2010, 10:49:
Agreed. They are hardly a small company anymore and Steam has grown into the biggest part of their business so TWO patch guys wouldnt be too much to ask
TWO??? Are you out of your mind? Whats next? Free beer delivery for every fifth Steam purchase?

5. Re: DigitalMindSoft Steamed at Steam Jun 4, 2010, 10:19 Kajetan

killer_roach wrote on Jun 4, 2010, 10:03:
And yet TF2 gets its constant stream of patches...
Sry, my bad. I was talking about the guy, who is responsible for updating all non-Valve games on Steam

1. Re: DigitalMindSoft Steamed at Steam Jun 4, 2010, 10:01 Kajetan

We don't know why Steam is taking so long to update its version of the game
But we do. The patch guy at Valve is on vacation or ill.

1962 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo