Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2007 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

News Comments > BioWare Working on "Small Scale" MMOGs
3. Re: BioWare Working on Jul 14, 2010, 11:11 Kajetan

kxmode wrote on Jul 14, 2010, 11:07:
Are all we going to get is MMOs?
No. Companies still want to make business with people who dont like MMOs or just not play MMOs all the time.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > First Sale Doctrine Weakened?
1. Re: First Sale Doctrine Weakened? Jul 12, 2010, 10:38 Kajetan

And the day when all books and games and music were no longer allowed to be sold by the consumer as "used", was also the day all content industries learned the hard way, that consumers purchasing power does not grow on trees.  

News Comments > Op Ed
46. Re: Op Ed Jul 12, 2010, 10:02 Kajetan

necrosis wrote on Jul 12, 2010, 09:44:
I am not getting my hopes up for this the same way I am not getting my hopes up for Witcher 2.
I have no problem with a dev simplifying gameplay or controls, so that you can use a controller. But i have a problem with devs and publishers, who want to sell an unmodified console game as a PC version.

News Comments > King's Quest Fan-Game Episode One
19. Re: King's Quest Fan-Game Episode One Jul 12, 2010, 07:57 Kajetan

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Jul 12, 2010, 06:50:
It's a free game made by fans with a passion.
I dont know these guys. I thank them for this game, but i find it arkward that i have to register first to download the game. Nothing more, nothing less. No need to get upset ...

This comment was edited on Jul 12, 2010, 09:29.

News Comments > King's Quest Fan-Game Episode One
11. Re: King's Quest Fan-Game Episode One Jul 12, 2010, 02:02 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 11, 2010, 17:41:
Dude, the game is completely free and you're complaining about a 1 minute registration process? Get a grip.
And charging nothing for a game does it entitle to be spared from criticism? Sure, they can put up a registration before you can download. Its their project, their rules. But i despise registration requirements just for the sake of registration. Sure, i use the usual one-time freemailer mail adress for this crap, but why? Why do i have to register, when i'm only interested in the game?

News Comments > OnLive Review
8. Re: OnLive Review Jul 11, 2010, 05:51 Kajetan

Shadowcat wrote on Jul 11, 2010, 05:27:
but I can at least see (very clearly) that the system was never targeted at people who own a PC capable of running the games they are offering.
Do you know what people have in their homes when they do not have a powerful enough PC? A console!

There is NO target group for Onlive and other streaming services. This is a business model in search of a market.

This comment was edited on Jul 11, 2010, 09:47.

News Comments > Blizzard Relents on Real ID
45. Re: Blizzard Relents on Real ID Jul 10, 2010, 05:15 Kajetan

Lord Tea wrote on Jul 9, 2010, 21:07:
what's all the fuss about anyway? People upload their lives to facebook, they post what they do/n't, say, think on twitter, and when Blizzard introduces Real ID everybody's crying....
Maybe, these are different people?

News Comments > Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Weekend and Sale Underway
2. Re: Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter Weekend and Sale Underway Jul 9, 2010, 10:42 Kajetan

JohnBirshire wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 22:22:
I love it when I buy something, just to find out it's now half off a day later.
Remember previous weekend sales. Remember when weekend is. Remember, that EVERY weekend there is a sale. Wait, wait ... BUY!

Patience IS a virtue!

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Jul 8, 2010, 12:07 Kajetan

creatorswhim wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 12:00:
Baby steps. It's all just baby steps.
Well, baby steps can also be more and more people slowly go away from Blizzards games. It might not look threatening now, not even recognisable, subscription numbers may still be high, but the steady drop of water carves the stone

News Comments > Indie Fund is GO!
5. Re: Indie Fund is GO! Jul 8, 2010, 08:52 Kajetan

LightAssassin wrote on Jul 8, 2010, 06:36:
Yes because it's so simple to get on steam when it's your first game.... I think you need to talk to some devs who would love to see their games on there.
Yep, good example: Basilisk Games, creators of Eschalon Book One, have proven that they can make a solid and successful indie game. They wait for months now, that Valve puts the sequel online. Steam alone is not the answer. Steam cannot replace funding. Steam is only an additional (!) distribution channel after the game is developed.

Yes, easy, put your game on Steam, make money! Sure ...

News Comments > Games for Windows vs. Activision
26. Re: Games for Windows vs. Activision Jul 6, 2010, 16:08 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 15:14:
You do realize you're in the minority right?
Am i? Game sales are down all over for months now. If this keeps on til next year, i am mainstream

News Comments > Games for Windows vs. Activision
10. Re: Games for Windows vs. Activision Jul 6, 2010, 14:11 Kajetan

dsmart wrote on Jul 6, 2010, 13:52:
There is no new console generation in the short term and the current gen revenue stream is being totally killed by rentals and used game sales.
I agree to most parts of your post, but why are suddenly rentals and used games the next big bad boy? Rentals and used games are part of the gaming industry since its humble beginnings. Why now? Or is it just the inability of the majors to make games attractive enough to keep the interest of the majority of customers?

The last game i bought from a major publisher was, let's see ... oh yes, Burnout Ultimate Paradise and Mass Effect for few bucks, because there was a Steam sale around christmas. Everything else this and last year was from GOG.com, Indie games like Eschalon or Avernum. And eBay to pick up some older games i misssed. But new games from EA, ActiBlizz or Ubi? Hell no! Why should i?

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2010, 13:53 Kajetan

space captain wrote on Jul 4, 2010, 12:47:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 4, 2010, 07:01:
It's their choice. How does their choice affect you or your gameplay experience? Why should people play games in the way you prefer? Different people, different tastes.
which is exactly why "Rules For Games- Do & Donít" lists like this are ultimately so very pointless
Which leads us to ... games, especially single player games should be more customizable!

News Comments > Op Ed
19. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2010, 07:01 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jul 4, 2010, 04:37:
I don't believe people should play games with God mode on ...
It's their choice. How does their choice affect you or your gameplay experience? Why should people play games in the way you prefer? Different people, different tastes.

And implementing a switch in the games options menu "Savepoints [on/off]" does not force or even tempt a savepoint lover to use quicksaves. He starts a game, he sets the rules of the game to his likings, he enjoys the game. And after that, he can try another ruleset, maybe the game is more fun that way?

News Comments > Epic on PC Gaming
27. Re: Epic on PC Gaming Jul 2, 2010, 12:04 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jul 2, 2010, 11:34:
Which means that 69% are using a more recent OS.
So what? Only 6% are using a Mac and Valve supports this OS.

24. Re: Epic on PC Gaming Jul 2, 2010, 10:57 Kajetan

killer_roach wrote on Jul 2, 2010, 10:40:
What's everyone's obsession with XP? It's almost a decade old now, and the video driver model that it uses is decrepit and unstable.
1. There is no technical reason for NOT supporting XP.
2. And according to the Steam Hardware Survey, XP is still the most popular OS with over 31% share. This is not some obscure niche, a dev can afford to ignore.

18. Re: Epic on PC Gaming Jul 2, 2010, 05:32 Kajetan

Muscular Beaver wrote on Jul 2, 2010, 02:05:
So this games lead und developing platform is the PC?
I dare to answer in Marks name: Probably not!

If not, please stop lying so blatantly. Yeah I know all developers do that nowadays, but that doesnt make it right.
Didnt you get the memo? Lying is the new marketing! If it generates profit, everything is a-okay nowadays!

News Comments > On Elemental's DRM
1. Re: On Elemental's DRM Jul 1, 2010, 21:46 Kajetan

What I think would be helpful against piracy is if you actually gave users stuff ...
This man is crazy. This will never work!

News Comments > Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround
20. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 19:59 Kajetan

MuzixMon wrote on Jun 27, 2010, 19:38:
It's real sad ...
This is a GOOD sign! It shows player (and potential buyers) interest in this game, even without any marketing at all. So, stop your whining.

"Piracy" is mostly a made-up problem, so that some one is to blame when a game fails saleswise. Every popular game is torrented back and forth and still devs and publisher make good money. There is NO proof at all, that "piracy" reduces sales.

News Comments > Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround
16. Re: Singularity Texture-Streaming Workaround Jun 27, 2010, 19:24 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Jun 27, 2010, 19:17:
The irony of course being that low PC sales cause them to focus on the other platforms in the first place, putz.
No, not low sales on the PC. But the potential (!) for higher (!) sales on the console, because in the USA, the main market for shooters, playing on a console is more popular than playing on a PC.

And what filesharing has to do with higher or lower sales, we still wait for any proof for either assumption.

2007 Comments. 101 pages. Viewing page 65.
< Newer [ 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo