Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2176 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Star Citizen Videos
11. Re: Star Citizen Videos Mar 8, 2015, 15:12 Kajetan

Flak wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 14:53:
I'm still as skeptical as anyone, but you have to admit that procedural damage tech is very impressive, and to me, is finally something that's ACTUALLY next gen.
This feature, the tech behind it, isnt very next gen at all. It seems "new", because visualizing dynamic battle damage by pre-defined textures and model parts is a feature seldom used in games from the last ten years or so.

Really next gen would be a softbody physics model, where all of the ships geometry is simulated to be influenced by kinetic or energy impact, according to the properties of the part being hit and its surroundings. This current model is just a superficial paint job. A very good looking paint job, but not next gen. Its a classic, pimped with modern visuals. It gets its job done, it delivers, but its not rocket science, sry

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Module Nears
29. Re: Star Citizen FPS Module Nears Mar 8, 2015, 10:53 Kajetan

harlock wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 10:05:
that looks like ass...20-30 fps with tons of hitching whenever things explode or lots of weapons are firing
Its not a release version. Therefore i said: Seems promising! When the release version has this performance even on high end machines i'll bitch with you all day long. Until then ... have fun hating something you dont know.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Module Nears
26. Re: Star Citizen FPS Module Nears Mar 8, 2015, 09:52 Kajetan

BadIronTree wrote on Mar 8, 2015, 09:38:
PTU 1.1 from 2 days ago

Video!
Seems promising, thnx!

News Comments > Into the Black
5. Re: Into the Black Mar 6, 2015, 07:40 Kajetan

1badmf wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 01:08:
i'm pretty sure if that was ANY dude that door would've been locked the moment they entered the park.
Looking at all those EIA videos on Youtube, where (mostly) men and (less) women are doing VERY stupid stuff ... you are wrong!

News Comments > On Sale
8. Re: On Sale Mar 6, 2015, 02:26 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Mar 6, 2015, 02:22:
Hey, how is X Rebirth these days? Anyone playing it? Have they fixed it yet?
Most technical bugs have been fixed, but the game design is still broken. Which can only be fixed by making a new game.

News Comments > EA Closing Maxis?
17. Re: EA Closing Maxis? Mar 4, 2015, 17:46 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 17:43:
You can only resist the Borg mind implants for so long...
Sure, but ... i'm with Picard on this matter

News Comments > EA Closing Maxis?
15. Re: EA Closing Maxis? Mar 4, 2015, 17:42 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 17:22:
Another once great studio ruined and then murdered by EA. Well done, fellas.
Remembering all the lies, Maxis employees willingly told us before and after the release of Sim Shitty ... my sympathy for them losing their jobs is limited.

News Comments > Source Engine 2 Announced
44. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 08:41 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 08:34:
Why haven't they done it then if it's so easy? A small refinement doesn't take 11 years.
I havent said that it is easy to make a worthy Half-Life 3. I just commented on your assumption that HL3 has to be different than its predecessors.

And about Valve not continuing this series ... heck, i dont know, do you, does anybody?

42. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 08:30 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 08:17:
That is what SOME people want.
Its what HL fans want. And Valve, being no publicly traded publisher, does not have to please its investors. They can afford to NOT maximize their profit. They "only" make very good money.

Just look at Counterstrike GO. Only a small refinement of the classic and it rocks in terms of sales and play time. Because it is what people want from a game named Counterstrike.

38. Re: Source Engine 2 Announced Mar 4, 2015, 07:13 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Mar 4, 2015, 06:51:
Half Life is probably causing them a lot of headaches. They know people want it, but what can they really do? The narrative structure hasn't aged well. You've got a silent protagonist wandering around occasionally getting tidbits of story from secondary characters that dip in and out of your mostly lonely journey. You make no choices about how to move forward. You just linearly plow through enemies until the next story drop. It was fine at the time because the quality and execution were great but that's basically the most tired FPS story trope there is at this point.
THAT is what people want from HL 3. Not something new, just a continuation of the story with the already established gameplay mechanics. Nothing against refining those mechanics, but something different? Why? There is no need for an open world/sandbox-HL3. It is Half-Life. Not a new franchise aimed at people who know only sandbox games.

News Comments > Unity 5 Released
23. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 19:13 Kajetan

Orogogus wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 18:52:
They're involved in Star Citizen, too, right?
Yepp. CIG started with a normal license, but at some point they simply bought the code to make their own adaptions, modifications and rewrites. CIG is no longer dependent on Crytek supplying updates and support. They opened a small studio in Frankfurt, Germany, with some former Crytek programers, just to have the knowhow for further engine and render developement.

20. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 18:24 Kajetan

bhcompy wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 17:50:
How is that any different than at any point in Crytek's history? UE has always been one of the top licensed engines simply because of the support provided.
It once was considered a valid competitor to Epic. Several big projects used the CryEngine, last of them Evolve, but Cryteks licensing business never took off.

10. Re: Unity 5 Released Mar 3, 2015, 14:58 Kajetan

verybad1 wrote on Mar 3, 2015, 13:29:
I really think UE4 is doing that to kill competitors like Unity 5 and Cryengine 3.
CryEngine WAS a competitor. Crytek killed its own licensing business with a severe lack of proper documentation and underwhelming support.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
8. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 24, 2015, 02:48 Kajetan

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 22:42:
I thought Claw formation was better for single targets...
It was.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
3. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 23, 2015, 16:24 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 16:16:
This is almost like testing the waters to see if there is any money in making Homeworld 3 a reality.
Well at least that is my theory
First they have to recreate Cataclysm. All audio master files were found, the source code is near. I feel it in the water, i smell it in the air!!

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
1. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 13, 2015, 19:18 Kajetan

Stap, please, stap! I cant take it anymore. It hurts, when i laugh. IT HURTS!!!!

News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tool Plans
15. Re: Dying Light Mod Tool Plans Feb 7, 2015, 05:34 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 05:14:
Shadow of Mordor also had a crappy QTE boss fight (and crappy boss fights in general) but I didn't really care because the remaining 99% of the game was great.
And this i dont understand. Devs manage to create an awesome game with good and well thought gameplay mechanics and then, they fuck it all up at the end or at some crucial point of the game. I experienced this too often over the past 15-20 years. This has nothing to do with "Meh, those new games are shite!".

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Heroes of Might & Magic III – HD Edition
9. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Heroes of Might & Magic III – HD Edition Jan 29, 2015, 13:52 Kajetan

Jivaro wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 12:06:
I definitely want to buy this but I am waiting because I am fairly certain that the expansions are coming as additional expenditures.
They wont. According to the devs, source code and assets of those addons where lost somewhere in time. They would have to recreate the game from scratch. Similar situation with the upcoming HD version of Homeworld. Code and assets of the Cataclysm addon were lost when Rockstar bought Barking Dog and employees moved to another location.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
18. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 11:45 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 11:28:
It (UBI replacing keys) also starts down the slippery slope of what happens next time. Are they obligated to do it every time, then? Wouldn't that just cause fraudulent keys to flourish?
No. It wouldnt. Because fraudulent keys are the exception, not the norm. And ... the publisher might want to tighten the security of the whole ordering process, reducing the probality that such things happen again. But this costs money. More money they are loosing with fraud. So ... nothing happens.

I dont dispute the right the publishers have to "defend" themselves. They have it. Fully. But sometimes it is WISER to NOT swing the banhammer. Be friendly to those customers, gift them legit keys. Which cost the publishers nothing. Be merciful. Gain positive press, gain more customers, be the good guy once in a while.

To me, its a nobrainer.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
10. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 10:42 Kajetan

Quboid wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 10:33:
Why would the victim of fraud be expected to reimburse those who tried to take advantage?
1. Because most of those buyers arent aware what kind of keys they purchased. This is not some kind of backstreet business where you are offered iPhones from a shady guy out of his van.

2. Because it WISE to not hurt your customers. As i remember Adobe once contacted several hundred customers with "counterfeit" serials and offered them legit ones for free. Adobe came out as the good guy, it was perfect PR story, costing them nearly nothing.

2176 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo