Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1935 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Sunday Interviews
7. Re: Sunday Interviews Aug 19, 2013, 04:56 Kajetan

Ant wrote on Aug 19, 2013, 00:13:
"Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?"
Cold shivers are running down my spine

And no, i don't want a "spiritual successor" when this means stupid and simplistic shooter crap as in Bioshock. I want the full, unaltered gameplay!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week
18. Re: Games for Windows Live Marketplace Closes Next Week Aug 16, 2013, 08:47 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Aug 16, 2013, 08:32:
Microsoft marginalizing its own platform for the sake of Ballmers living room dream is beyond absurdity.
To be fair ... this is the old dream of Bill Gates. Ballmer just follows it, simply because he has no better idea.

News Comments > Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month
4. Re: Guardians of Middle-earth for PC This Month Aug 15, 2013, 16:38 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 15, 2013, 16:33:
Is it just me, or is the MOBA landscape completely oversaturated?
It is. And i haven't played any MOBA at all. Not even the first Dota mod for WC3. Life still goes on!

News Comments > John Carmack Joins Oculus VR
40. Re: John Carmack Joins Oculus VR Aug 7, 2013, 13:37 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 7, 2013, 13:15:
Been almost 15 years since they've had a good game design.
What are you gonna do, when you have no good game designer anymore?

id was nothing without Romero and Romero was nothing without id.

News Comments > Command & Conquer Trailer
8. Re: Command & Conquer Trailer Aug 6, 2013, 05:28 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Aug 6, 2013, 02:39:
They'll have to work for it.
But not THAT much. You know, it's F2P where good quality is a major commercial risk

News Comments > id: RAGE "Not Dead"
20. Re: id: RAGE Aug 4, 2013, 17:27 Kajetan

Ludomancer wrote on Aug 4, 2013, 15:20:
Additionally, while the tech was awesome ...
Yes, totally. Highly detailled models and beautiful landscapes. But seeing highly detailled models beside some grayish-brownish very-low-res wall textures and ugly voxel blobs which probably are some kind of boxes ... Megatexture is fine for rendering landscapes. It does suck monkey balls when you use it to render everything else.

News Comments > 7.7 Million WoW Subs
1. Re: 7.7 Million WoW Subs Jul 26, 2013, 09:32 Kajetan

In before "WoW is dead, DEAD!!!":

Every other MMO company wishes they have only half of that paying (!) player numbers ...

News Comments > On Sale
9. Re: On Sale Jul 17, 2013, 08:38 Kajetan

Rhino wrote on Jul 17, 2013, 07:33:
So what is the verdict on Torchlight II, seeing as it's on a Flash deal?
Very fast, very neat ARPG. The Art Design is a deal breaker for some people, but the gameplay itself is nearly flawless. Longevity: MP, different & distinct classes, lots of additional content via Steamworks (new textures, new classes (right now i'm playing a rebuild of the WoW Paladin), maps and new story lines.

Get it!

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
24. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:58 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:52:
Kajetan wrote on Jul 11, 2013, 14:42:
You know your collection of games is nearly complete ...

... when a Steam sale comes and you calmly make plans for other things to spend your money on.

Like the Nordstrom anniversary sale that starts next week?
You know your days of collecting games are over, when your spouse says: "Awwww, that will fit perfectly to XYZ! And besides, you already have enough games you haven't even touched!" "True, but ..."

News Comments > Steam Summer Sale Begins
21. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Jul 11, 2013, 14:42 Kajetan

You know your collection of games is nearly complete ...

... when a Steam sale comes and you calmly make plans for other things to spend your money on.

News Comments > Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD
18. Re: Bethesda on Franchises: Dishonored Yes; RAGE TBD Jul 5, 2013, 17:02 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Jul 5, 2013, 16:42:
Now that the technology seems ironed out..
Yeah ... seems. I still have very, VERY detailled models standing next to some blurry texture blobs, which should be, i dont know, boxes? Very inconsistent performance. I still need a very powerful machine to get textures which are only sligtly more detailled.

Compared to the latest CryEngine or UDK, idtech 5 is crap, utter crap. A proof of concept of a certain idea, yes, but not something you might use to make games.

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII
4. Re: Steamships Ahoy - FINAL FANTASY VII Jul 4, 2013, 10:40 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jul 4, 2013, 10:20:
Probably better off just emulating the original disc with ePSXe, will look and sound better.
Not just probably. While you can crank up the visuals, its the sound & music that makes an emulated PSX version far superior to the PC version. And we're talking Nobuo Uematsu sound & music!!

And it doesnt require any online connection/account thingy. Just play.

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Jul 1, 2013, 09:37 Kajetan

One would assume that after the failure of DX10 to boost Vista ... bahh, it's Microsoft. If you fail, change nothing and try again until the investors are getting very, very angry.  

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
28. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 10:10 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 05:50:
There is.
At id? No. There is no decent game design talent at id since (including) Doom 3. Tim Willits may be nice guy, but he is not a very good game designer. Or he is, but his work is constantly mutilated by Carmack and others with "suggestions" he had to implement.

Doom 3 suffered heavily from bad game design (it took Willits nearly ten years to admit, that there was "something" wrong with it) and Rage was one hell of example for destroying a perfectly good setting with inconsistent level and game play design.

News Comments > Todd Hollenshead Leaves id
23. Re: Todd Hollenshead Leaves id Jun 27, 2013, 04:10 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 27, 2013, 03:58:
Im still holding out hope that they will make a triumphant return to that style and form...
Why? With whom? There is no talent left at id.

News Comments > MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks
10. Re: MS Backtracks on Xbox One DRM & Region Locks Jun 19, 2013, 17:17 Kajetan

They removed the DRM restrictions? Fine. But that doesnt rectify all their lying and arrogant behaviour towards their customers. These are still the same people with the same clusterfucked mindset.  

News Comments > It came from E3 2013, Part One
9. Re: It came from E3 2013, Part One Jun 13, 2013, 13:21 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 12:56:
Kajetan wrote on Jun 13, 2013, 09:01:
Titanfall: How no one cares but will still make a billion dollars

Fixed
I'm not so sure if they can repeat the success of CoD. I'm not convinced that Destiny will be the new Halo for Activision. People want CoD, not some other game like CoD, only with mechs and lasers.

News Comments > It came from E3 2013, Part One
1. Re: It came from E3 2013, Part One Jun 13, 2013, 09:01 Kajetan

Titanfall: How no one cares ...  

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Jun 13, 2013, 08:09 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Jun 12, 2013, 22:18:
Whilst the Lego games are fun I wish they would have had a better control scheme for the mouse/kb.
Lego Games. The one and only reason i bought a controller. Playable with mouse/kb? Yes. Fun? Hell, no!!!

News Comments > Morning Consolidation
5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jun 11, 2013, 09:20 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Jun 11, 2013, 09:09:
Sony really gave it to Microsoft sans lube last night, I haven't seen an owning like that since the last time I watched Sepharo beat up my server in CS.
And the really funny thing is ... people are excited about the PS4 not about something special Sony might have done, but because Microsoft so utterly, utterly fucked up their own product.

1935 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 7.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo