Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1890 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

News Comments > Gold - Elemental: War of Magic
22. Re: Gold - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 14, 2010, 13:21 Kajetan

Lord Tea wrote on Aug 14, 2010, 12:56:
D4rkKnight wrote on Aug 13, 2010, 21:32:
This game looks pretty bad actually...
I disagree.
I agree. It does look cheap. Very homebrew. Crude. Sometimes even a little bit ugly. But i don't care

Turn-based strategy is a genre, where my priority is gameplay and gameplay alone. I play older Civ games, i play old PSX/SNES/GBA or newer DS games like Front Mission/Advance Wars/Fire Emblem and i do not care, how "ugly" or "primitive" these games look. Its all about gameplay!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced
1. Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced Aug 13, 2010, 15:48 Kajetan

"The game is scheduled for release in 2021."

There, fixed it.

News Comments > Dungeons Officially Announced
12. Re: Dungeons Officially Announced Aug 12, 2010, 15:19 Kajetan

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 12, 2010, 15:00:
I'd rather see a new Dungeon Keeper from Peter M. Those games were awesome!
Do not confuse the team behind DK with the person PM. And yes, PM had his glory days. Bless him for the early Bullfrog days of Populous or Syndicate! But now, he's just a joke!

News Comments > Gearbox on Duke Nukem Forever?
3. Re: Gearbox on Duke Nukem Forever? Aug 11, 2010, 09:57 Kajetan

nin wrote on Aug 11, 2010, 09:53:
Yawn. It's Gearbox, so it'll suck. I mean, if it's even possible to suck any more than DNF already does.
Yep! First, i was like ... yay? Then, i was like ... gear*yawn*box!!

"Opposing Force": First and until now best game from them. Everything else not necessarily bad, but very much meh ...

News Comments > THQ Financials
16. Re: THQ Financials Aug 10, 2010, 14:39 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 09:47:
I think we're past the point of piracy denial in the PC gaming industry.
Nobody is denying the existence of software piracy. But we still wait for a solid proof that it is bad for business. In this special case, have you any proof at all, that Immortal Throne was no financial success because of piracy? Or is it like the fake story of famous Looking Glass (Thief) going out of business because of piracy, when in fact most of their games sold very well, but they made some bad business descisions.

TQ was badmouthed from the start, because it was BUGGY as hell, ran like shit an most computers of that time and some time after. Didnt help, that the addon introduced more cripling bugs than fixing older ones. A very nice game, i liked for the parts that worked as intended, but the lack of proper QA killed it!

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Aug 10, 2010, 12:08 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 11:59:
And how many Indies do you see making a game alá Homeworld or Nexus or Gothic?
http://www.gamesquad.com/feature/rise-indies

Educate yourself.

9. Re: THQ Financials Aug 10, 2010, 09:32 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 09:06:
As an aside, Titan Quest is one of the few games that you can point to and say that piracy killed in my opinion.
Based on what? Hearsay?

7. Re: THQ Financials Aug 10, 2010, 04:05 Kajetan

Esoteric wrote on Aug 10, 2010, 01:32:
Because even though it didn't sell incredibly well at release, it eventually wound up selling over a million units, which is incredibly good for a reasonably low budget aRPG, or any game for that matter.
Even the fourth WH40K addon "Soulstorm" sold very well, especially in GB. But sadly, IL wasn't able to secure enough funds for their next project, so they closed shop. Anyone knows, how THQ ties in? Bad luck, the usual stupid and shortsighted corporate decisions?

News Comments > Chronicles of Spellborn Closing?
1. Re: Chronicles of Spellborn Closing? Aug 9, 2010, 11:30 Kajetan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY0WxgSXdEE

Hehe!

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Aug 6, 2010, 14:38 Kajetan

Have patience. Openly critizising the major devs and publishers in the industry is new to most of them "gaming journalists"  

News Comments > Transformers MMOG Plans
1. Re: Transformers MMOG Plans Aug 3, 2010, 11:49 Kajetan

I'd like a Transformers MMO based on "what". At least better than silly, cheap and crudly drawn childhood cartoons or silly, expensive and terrible movies ...  

News Comments > Op Ed
51. Re: Op Ed Aug 1, 2010, 11:38 Kajetan

Steele Johnson wrote on Aug 1, 2010, 11:34:
How the fuck do you know???
How do YOU know?

That's just stupid ... Anyone who defends piracy is a thief.
You havent understood anything. Its not about definding anything. Its about acknowledging hte fact, that piracy doesnt go away and that no one knows for sure, what impact it has, if it has any impact at all.

News Comments > Op Ed
43. Re: Op Ed Aug 1, 2010, 06:02 Kajetan

FuriousBroccoli wrote on Jul 31, 2010, 22:31:
I like how you guys say 'learn to live with the pirates' and then point to Blizzard as a guide to being successful on PC. Did you notice that both WoW and SC2 (their latest games) are practically impossible to pirate and have incredibly intrusive DRM that works pretty much the same as Ubisoft's in-your-face DRM?
You might want to inform yourself about WoW freeshards. And SC2 bnet-free multiplayer is only a matter of time, given the popularity of the game.

Notice how you can't let a friends borrow that game you bought on Steam?
You need only the cfg-files from your friend and patches to use these files like the "Steam Undead Patch". No prob, your friend can play your game too. And with non-Valve games, you need only a traditional nocd-crack to free the game exe from any DRM, be it Securom or Steam.

Welcome to the future of gaming. The ignorant, apologetic attitude you and people like you have towards piracy has helped bring this on us, and it won't be going away. Ever. Grats.
"Pirating" games/movies/audio is natural, because copying information is the fundamental part of digital information. Locking it away and pretending that information is the same like a physical good shows only a deep misunderstandung of the nature of digital information. You know why we have this DRM crap? Not because of people copying information withput consent of the copyright holders, but because the copyright holders (and their investors) are simply paranoid.

Copying software is part of the software industry since the days of its tiny, humble beginnings. It hasnt stopped it from becoming one of the major industries in the modern world with companies like Microsoft becoming commercial GIANTS. Live with "piracy". It doesnt go away. And it does not have to concern you. But its a very good scapegoat if your enterprise fails or the volume of sales is below your own or your investors expectations.

Or just make money baking bread or manufacturing refrigerators. And dont forget to look for new excuses.

News Comments > Op Ed
8. Re: Op Ed Jul 31, 2010, 13:05 Kajetan

Hyatus wrote on Jul 31, 2010, 12:05:
Doesn't Modern Warfare have a key or something that probably makes it impossible for people without registered copies to play online?
The more popular a game is, the more un-official servers it has. There are, for example, dozens and dozens of WoW freeshards, there are hundreds of non-Steam private servers for Counterstrike, TF2 and so on and so on. MP does not protect shit. In fact, the only protection you have is to make your game so bad, that no one wants it to play even for free.

If you want to make money with PC games, accept piracy. You cannot have the one without the other. And surprisingly enough, you CAN make a lot of money with PC games. Ask Blizzard, ask Valve. Every single one of their games is being pirated back and forth and they make millions, because people see worth in these games and therefore pay for them. Make your games worth enough in the eyes of the customer and he will pay. The customer matters. Nothing else.

News Comments > Transformers: War for Cybertron Double-XP Weekend
3. Re: Transformers: War for Cybertron Double-XP Weekend Jul 30, 2010, 02:03 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jul 30, 2010, 00:49:
There was a time, long, long ago, when people played multiplayer games for their gameplay alone.
Also, there were a lot FEWER multiplayer games around, so that devs and publishers didnt have to ressort to such cheap tricks to ensure, that at least someone will play their game (better some achievement whores than no one). The market is heavily saturated. There are too many games out there and sadly enough less variety than before.

News Comments > On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing
28. Re: On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing Jul 27, 2010, 14:04 Kajetan

Rhett wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 14:00:
Dunno why people are so obsessed about it.
Because your tastes are NOT the center of the universe and AA is kind of a standard for PC games?

News Comments > On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing
22. Re: On StarCraft II Anti-aliasing Jul 27, 2010, 13:09 Kajetan

Bumpy wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 13:03:
Maybe anti-aliasing will come later as a DLC for $5. <rollseyes>
Nice idea but no. Dropping AA is the NEW PC GAMING. Not the old one, with all its complicated features, confusing people and demoralising them when turned on. No, this is the new PC gaming. Everything isa perfect and it has to be, because Blizzard has done it, therefore ...

News Comments > Space Quest 1-3 on GOG.com
6. Re: Space Quest 1-3 on GOG.com Jul 27, 2010, 12:24 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jul 27, 2010, 11:04:
Not sure which version the Steam bundle included.
The Steam bundle ... WTF!!!! ... sry, i was just looking and got slightly irritated by this overblown pink K&L2 pre-purchase ad ... has the remake.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 26, 2010, 13:33 Kajetan

Hyatus wrote on Jul 26, 2010, 13:27:
No, the best thing would be a brain implant that knows what you are thinking.
I dont want a brain implant to know what i am thinking, especially during gaming I prefer some kind of physical interface, which is NOT connected to me in any way at all. Still, i am only a gamer and not a net runner jacking in ...

News Comments > Op Ed
2. Re: Op Ed Jul 24, 2010, 13:42 Kajetan

PHJF wrote on Jul 24, 2010, 12:48:
If RPGs are becoming more action-oriented ...
Yeah, if ... but thankfully, "they" are not

Concerning the article, i agree. If you want to combine RPGs and shooter gameplay, you have to make the shooter part much, MUCH better than seen in FO3 and ME. I hated ME, because initially i wanted to play it like a shooter (because it feels like a shooter) and boy, i sucked hard. Never made it past the tutorial level

So, please, dear devs ... if you want to make an action RPG, make sure the action part works!

1890 Comments. 95 pages. Viewing page 58.
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo