Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2043 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

News Comments > Command & Conquer Will Return
1. Re: Command & Conquer Will Return Oct 19, 2010, 11:36 Kajetan

C&C will return ... and nobody cares?  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > RAGE Interview
8. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 19, 2010, 05:17 Kajetan

Sempai wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 04:06:
tuddies wrote on Oct 19, 2010, 04:01:
should have just licensed the ue3 engine

For the love of GOD NO!

Most over used engine in the history of engines.

Plse U3 engine just fucking die, plse DIE ALREADY!
I think, he might have made a joke

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - CitiesXL 2011
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - CitiesXL 2011 Oct 17, 2010, 17:59 Kajetan

Warskull wrote on Oct 17, 2010, 01:09:
What were they thinking?
That the attention span of the common gamer is less than six months?

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
6. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Oct 17, 2010, 07:57 Kajetan

AnointedSword wrote on Oct 17, 2010, 01:08:
Let us be honest here,cheaters ruins games.
Then do not play multiplayer games with people you dont know. Play only with your friends. Cheating is normal and part of being human. You cannot prevent it with technical or juridical means, just play with people you know and be prepared, that some of them might cheat from time to time just for the lulz.

And remember ... its only a game! Nothing more, nothing less.

News Comments > Thief Source Code Recovered?
4. Re: Thief Source Code Recovered? Oct 16, 2010, 17:38 Kajetan

Rattlehead wrote on Oct 16, 2010, 17:23:
How is not releasing the source code greedy?
Not greedy, stupid!

Also, Eidos put Deus Ex, Tomb Raider, Hitman, Thief III and many other games on Gametap for free for a very long time.
Yeah! And Gametap got the games for free?

News Comments > Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4
19. Re: Steamships Ahoy - ArcaniA: Gothic 4 Oct 16, 2010, 08:55 Kajetan

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Oct 16, 2010, 08:22:
This game is good and whoever is stupid enough to stupidly believe some of those stupid reviews is stupid.
If you havent any standards whatsoever, yes, than this game might be some fun. But when you expect a Gothic RPG, than stay away from this cheap casual RPG for people, who dont know nothing about RPGs.

"Arcania: Gothic 4" is false advertising, no, its fraud!

News Comments > The Temple of Elemental Evil on GOG.com
19. Re: The Temple of Elemental Evil on GOG.com Oct 14, 2010, 03:17 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 23:16:
If you reroll your character more than 10 times in PnP DnD you are kicked out of the group and never again invited. I actually played core 2.0e on paper, but nevermind that

What he said was to cheese the roll system which some people consider part of gameplay, i consider it an atrocity (maybe because we had a cool house rule that only 3 throws were allowed and you were allowed to switch 2 stats (their throws). Which greatly enhanced roleplaying and reduced this reroll cheese crap. Yes we were noobcakes for not going the "1 throw thats it" way. But then again, given our unlucky throws....

the ruleset implementation also has nothing to do with the balance of a campaign. I have seen newbie game masters handle the bad rolls and still make a challenging but fun campaign which is the WHOLE POINT of DnD. Roleplaying, not cheese caking your characters to 18 18 18 or being dependent on lucky crits or lucky misses (or indeed, lucky everything).
Jepp, QFT.

News Comments > EA Bashing
58. Re: EA Bashing Oct 13, 2010, 14:53 Kajetan

Icewind wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 14:46:
This just confirms my already strong suspicion that the game will be a stinker.
MMOs have to succeed in terms of content and gameplay, not graphics. Just look at Age of Conan. Looks stunning and gorgeous, but ... well, you know the story.

18. Re: EA Bashing Oct 13, 2010, 12:04 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 11:42:
I have to wonder if the game is indeed as bad as EAlouse says the tremendous impact on EA's bottom line this game potentially can be. If, and I repeat IF the game does fail it has the potential of hurting EA more than most things in the past years, $300 millions for a publisher like EA is still a lot of money, IF all the guy's said is true and IF the game is as bad as he paints it to be. Otherwise if it's a great MMO I can see EA start to see a ROI in 4-5 years time no doubt.

300 Mio, all from EA or money that Bioware has invested? We dont know ...

16. Re: EA Bashing Oct 13, 2010, 12:01 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Oct 13, 2010, 11:36:
Now if only the gaming industry followed the same path.
As long as gamers buy products made by slaves and yell at dev spouses, who protest against harsh working enviroments and devs are too afraid or too young to stand up for themselves ... nothing will change at all.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA Gothic 4 in EU
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA Gothic 4 in EU Oct 12, 2010, 08:43 Kajetan

necrosis wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 08:31:
And if I don't like it then what am I suppose to do? Return it to the store?
No, delete the downloaded image. If you like, what you see, buy the game.

8. Re: Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA Gothic 4 in EU Oct 12, 2010, 03:23 Kajetan

Eldaron Imotholin wrote on Oct 12, 2010, 03:10:
But then you started to act like a reviewer, kinda contradicting yourself in the same tiny comment. Too bad :\
Sry, the former Gothic fan in me spoke ...

The following shortshort review was my experience after playing the demo. Several "official" reviewers had the same taste and reviewed this game as shallow and bland, a dumbed down RPG experience for newbies.

Which might be not that bad, if you are a total newbie to the genre or if you just want an easy action clicker. Then go ahead, have fun! But for Gothic fans ... this series died a slow death with Gothic 3, was critically hit with the addon and is now ressurected as a RPG zombie!

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - ArcaniA Gothic 4 in EU Oct 12, 2010, 01:59 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 22:02:
I'd say the reviews hanging around 75% are above mediocre.
Forget the reviews, play the game for yourself ... considering the hardware requirements, it doesnt look "that" nice. No, it's not the new Crysis of RPG. And the gameplay is far from everything, which made the first Gothic so memorable. Arcania is a cheap clicking game for RPG casuals. The story is bland, the dialogue cheesy, the combat shallow. Wait until the price drops under 20 or $ or whatever your currency may be ...

8. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 13:15 Kajetan

Bumpy wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 13:10:
From all the info coming out of how Rage is exactly same as console, Rage has gone from 'day one purchase' to 'wait for mods to enhance and fix' before purchase.
But, but ... IT LOADS FASTER!!!!!

6. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 12:50 Kajetan

5. Re: RAGE Interview Oct 11, 2010, 12:48 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 12:20:
The Minecraft author, Notch, does $!00K per day. That is a $10, PC-exclusive game. So yes, the PC market in general can and does give insane profits if you know what you're doing.
Was it last week, when someone from Paradox said, that they made a hell of a profit in keeping a tight budget and concentrating on a niche group instead of trying to make expensive triple A game for all audiences? The budget for Sins of Solar Empire was around 1 mio. bucks and did Stardock not make millions of profit from this game?

And i remember some devs say, that switching to consoles means first of all higher budgets, therefore higher risks, less creativity and fewer profit from one single game copy, because of the higher production budget, licensing fees to Sony, Big N or MS and so on. There is a reason, why a major like Activision is not happy, when a game sells only 1 million units.

Yes, you could (!) make MUCH MORE money with console games than with PC-only games. But you have to invest gazillions in production values and marketing to be able to compete with the rest of the pack.

News Comments > Gearbox to Valve & MS: "Play Nice"
61. Re: Gearbox to Valve & MS: Oct 11, 2010, 11:02 Kajetan

Optimaximal wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 05:58:
That would make a you a software pirate.
But only, if you sell the game more than once. And it does not matter, what the TOS says, there is a first sale doctrin and THAT is all that matters for customers. Steam account informations are being traded on a regular basis and thankfully Valve can do nothing about it.

If you are doing what you are insinuating, you're part of the problem and the reason we have DRM-ed services such as Steam, D2D & Ubi-Online (or whatever its called).
We do not have DRM because of such people, but because investors and most CEOs are paranoid fucks, who are tto afraid that someone might "steal" their precious copies, that they do everything they can to make buying their games as painfull as possible.

News Comments > GOG.com Interview
10. Re: GOG.com Interview Oct 11, 2010, 03:48 Kajetan

Icewind wrote on Oct 11, 2010, 03:16:
Really? What was wrong with it?
Dont ask me

I installed Arx Fatalis on both my XP and Vista machine a couple years ago and the only problem was a few textures that were incompatible with modern Nvidia cards somehow.
I guess they fixed that problem.

8. Re: GOG.com Interview Oct 11, 2010, 02:10 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2010, 15:38:
Yeah but thats not compatible then now is it?
It is. The game is fully playable.

If i have to use the same workarounds i have to use when i use the version i already had then whats the point of GoG.
The point is being able to buy these old games and being sure, they work on modern OS. GOG.com fixed games, which were NOT working with Vista/W7 at all, like "Knights & Merchants". Other games like "Arx Fatalis" got patches from the devs especially for GOG.com. As for others like "Messiah" or "Gorky17", they promised fixes in the future.

But besides that ... i am still waiting for the pony they promised me after shuttting down the service for a cheap marketing ploy.

3. Re: GOG.com Interview Oct 10, 2010, 14:40 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 10, 2010, 14:31:
What really is the prime fact is that while they claim W7 and Vista compatibility thats nothing but a lie for games like Blood2 etc.
This isnt a lie. Blood2 works with Windows7. Played it last month. Just avoid selecting resolutions above 1280x960, since the loading screen interface doesnt scale above that resolution.

2043 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 58.
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo