Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2074 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

News Comments > EA Financials, New Shooter Teased
17. Re: EA Financials, New Shooter Teased Feb 2, 2011, 07:46 Kajetan

reisub wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 07:22:
I'm sure a Mirror's Edge 2 would push them into the black.
No, because Mirrors Edge 1 was commercially not that successful to have such an influence on even quarterly financials. EA made some money on that game, but not enough to match their expectations. Dead Space was surprisingly quite successful on all plattforms, therefore we have a Dead Space 2 and not a Mirrors Edge 2.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview
30. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview Feb 1, 2011, 04:37 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 00:32:
Those are the three main reasons why AC and AC2 failed to hold my interest for more than a few hours.
But they have great soundtracks from Jesper Kyd. And they do look pretty, sometimes. Isn't that enough?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview
24. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview Jan 31, 2011, 12:35 Kajetan

Anonymous wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 11:34:
AC2 PC suffered from a terrible bug where it wouldn't keep track of your save file and you could lose 10+ hours of gameplay. My copy is unplayable due to this fact.
Yes!!!! Save-Points!!! *blärghhh*

News Comments > Beyond Black Mesa Interview
2. Re: Beyond Black Mesa Interview Jan 28, 2011, 04:33 Kajetan

durandal wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 20:50:
The one of the best fan-made film.
and I cannot believe they did it with $1200 budget!
They already had a proper camera and software.

But yes, when you cannot throw tons of money at every little problem, you have to get creative and really, REALLY resourceful. For example, i had a blast listening to Robert Rodriguez commentary track from the "El Mariachi"-DVD. Too much money makes lazy and stupid

News Comments > Disney Cuts Confirmed
2. Re: Disney Cuts Confirmed Jan 26, 2011, 06:20 Kajetan

Donkey_Punch wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 05:55:
How many kids do they think own cell phones? Kids, not teenagers.
Enough to join the "mobile and social games" hype.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Interview
31. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 22, 2011, 09:24 Kajetan

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2011, 09:40.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Interview
30. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 22, 2011, 09:23 Kajetan

Dirwulf wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:06:
Making games is a business, not a sport, or something you do for fun.
Yes, you could do that. But you don't have to. I can make a game just for the fun of it. Sure, it probably will be only a little flash game, but a game it is.

If you want to make money, you need to find the biggest audience.
Wrong. If you want to make money, choose your target group carefully, then make a game for this target group. If a specific target group is already served by a lot of other competitors, choose another genre, choose another target group. You WILL loose money, when you go where everyone already is.

That means casual games.
No. See above. But most people, who finance game developement, have no fuckin clue about the market. So they go where everyone already is. This means casual games. Not because they will get rich, but because investors are mostly greedy stupid fucks.

As a hardcore gamer, a game developer and a captalist pig, I have no problem with this.
No, of course not. Because you too have no fuckin clue ;-P

News Comments > Blizzard Not Killing World of StarCraft Mod
5. Re: Blizzard Not Killing World of StarCraft Mod Jan 21, 2011, 01:21 Kajetan

So, the video is up again? No?

And more corporate bullshit talk ...

News Comments > DRM-Free D&D RPGs
9. Re: DRM-Free D&D RPGs Jan 20, 2011, 03:46 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 00:05:
Not sure why anyone would choose to buy these from Impulse instead of GOG. GOG is much more flexible and offers free bonus content like soundtracks, manuals and wallpapers.
There are people, who have no idea that something like GOG.com exists.

News Comments > Blue Mars PC Support Ending
5. Re: Blue Mars PC Support Ending Jan 17, 2011, 11:55 Kajetan

JD Wohlever wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 10:28:
MORONS! You are dropping PC support in favor of mobile gaming? You developers are RETARDED.
No. They're not. Probably

Often enough, they just do what their investors tell them to do and nowadays investors think that mobile and "social" gaming is teh big new shit.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2011, 11:05 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 09:20:
Steam is easily cracked as well, in fact steam is so easy to crack that the warez scene doesn't even regard steam cracks as legit releases but rather as bullying the weak.
In fact, Valve has stopped marketing Steam as some sort of magical DRM two or three years ago. Asked about the "threat" of software piracy, they said that they spend no more thought on piracy. They know, that Steam has stopped no one, they see LOTS of money rolling in, they do not care about piracy anymore.

News Comments > New Final Fantasy Trademark
6. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 07:17 Kajetan

Cram wrote on Jan 1, 2011, 06:11:
Why is this garbage still selling in every part of the world!?
Because it says "Final Fantasy" on the box. And FF STILL has a good reputation.

News Comments > Witcher 2 Preorder Response
27. Re: Witcher 2 Preorder Response Nov 22, 2010, 16:23 Kajetan

entr0py wrote on Nov 22, 2010, 13:47:
Seriously, what is the rationale for including copy-protection that's completely ineffective?
A section in the business plan for investors called "Minimizing Risks". There are still enough stupid investors out there, who will not invest anything unless the publisher fiddles with DRM. Publisher know that DRM and copy protection is useless and does nothing to protect anything. But investors insist, that they use it so ...

Remember when EA and Take2 introduced Online-Securom? Business was bad, investors were NOT happy. So, a new copy protection method was introduced to calm down investors. Or remember when Ubisofts quarterly financial were looking grimm? A few months later Ubisoft announced their new DRM to please its investors. DRM to harm used game sales, because used game sales are considered a threat and hamring used game sales is ... yes, minimizing potential risks.

Its all show, its all for the shareholders, who still haven't learned that DRM does nothing besides generating profit for the DRM developers.

News Comments > Steam Bestsellers
4. Re: Steam Bestsellers Nov 21, 2010, 16:04 Kajetan

Bhruic wrote on Nov 21, 2010, 14:39:
The fact that Witcher 2 is on there at all is disappointing. First because the game isn't even scheduled to be out for at least 5 months (with inevitable delays). Second, because why buy it on Steam when you can get it on GoG DRM free, with a free "extra" game to go with it?
First: Some people are still having too much money.
Second: Some people like their prison bars. Nice colors ...

News Comments > DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com
18. Re: DRM-Free Witcher 2 Preorders on GOG.com Nov 18, 2010, 16:13 Kajetan

Overon wrote on Nov 18, 2010, 14:30:
Wow so let me get this straight.

You preorder Witcher 2 you from GOG you get it DRM free?
Yes and no. Yes to the DRM-free part, no to the preorder part. This is no preorder. It's only a promo page, where you can download free stuff after logging in into your GOG account. And once again, GOG.com is making fun of it's customers. Another perfect example of polish humor?

But i do like the DRM-less approach, a lot!!!

News Comments > SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny This Month
3. Re: SpellForce 2 - Faith in Destiny This Month Nov 10, 2010, 06:22 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Nov 9, 2010, 22:23:
To clarify a bit, this is technically a standalone expansion to the Spellforce 2, and Spellforce 2: Dragon Storm series.
Also ... this expansion is not made by Phenomic, the original dev, but by Trine, who were responsible for the horrible, horrible Gothic 3 addon. And this addon seems to follow this "standard" ...

News Comments > EA Financials
12. Re: EA Financials Nov 3, 2010, 04:41 Kajetan

Acleacius wrote on Nov 3, 2010, 02:30:
Golly, just can't figure out why there aren't big hate posts and media stories blanking the airwaves exclaiming "CONSOLE PIRACY!"
There were a few "DS PIRACY!" headlines in the past year as the traditional scapegoat, explaining the declining sales of Nintendos DS and DS software, because "market saturation" is an ugly word, when no DS sucessor is in sight. But right after announcing the 3DS, yes, no more "DS PIRACY!" headlines.

News Comments > Medal of Honor Patch & EA on MoH Quality
24. Re: Medal of Honor Patch & EA on MoH Quality Nov 2, 2010, 18:26 Kajetan

delete/me  

News Comments > German Call of Duty: Black Ops EU Ban
12. Re: EU Call of Duty: Black Ops German Ban Oct 28, 2010, 14:21 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 12:39:
I dont know ... but maybe some people will wake up and realize that Steam has some serious flaws.
It sure does, but obeying the specific laws of a country isn't one of them.
I refer to the successful control of content, based on the location of the customer, ignoring the fact, that he (as in being an adult) is allowed to buy these kind of games in this location.

I am way over 18 years old, i am legally allowed to buy (!) and own (!) such games, but Valve can treat me like a child, because they can control the content, because they have no interest in building an age verification system for german customers.

International versions of Black Ops are not banned, you just cannot sell them in Germany. But i am legally allowed to import them. But Valve being Valve ... they're just too arrogant.

News Comments > German Call of Duty: Black Ops EU Ban
2. Re: EU Call of Duty: Black Ops German Ban Oct 28, 2010, 11:05 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Oct 28, 2010, 10:59:
Oooh, that's gonna stir up a big fucking shitstorm...
I dont know ... but maybe some people will wake up and realize that Steam has some serious flaws.

2074 Comments. 104 pages. Viewing page 58.
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo