Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1918 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mafia II
131. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mafia II Aug 26, 2010, 14:09 Kajetan

nothing ...

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2010, 14:23.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up
62. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 26, 2010, 09:45 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Aug 26, 2010, 09:37:
Or you can just accept that games are never perfect, unless you spend a year perfecting them which only rich studios can do - meaning only Blizzard can do that.
Near perfect is nice, but not necessary.

Mostly bug-free (no majors bugs, only minor C bugs). Easy to play and hard to master. That is, what i want. And Elemental is probably six months of crunch time away from this state. Right now, this game is just not finished. It's a beta, nothing more, nothing less.

59. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 26, 2010, 06:43 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 26, 2010, 06:19:
If they honestly had to ship it now or wait a year for another "retail window" I think it says a lot more about boxed retail dying than it does PC gaming.
This isn't about boxed retail. It's about Stardock being a little newbie in boxed retail, not having the sales connections (nor the numbers) an established major has. Or not being able to plan a decent boxed release due to lack of experience.

Which is ok. No one is perfect. Just admit, that you botched this release, say sorry to your customers, fix the game, make a little content patch and a vast majority of the customers is happy. But do not lie to them, do not point fingers to others, when clearly everything was YOUR responsibility and please ... learn from your mistakes!

45. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 25, 2010, 17:29 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 17:24:
When's the last time Valve patched a game that was sold on Steam and wasn't made by them? %)
I think, that was Jedi Knight and the addon, when Valve finally patched it after weeks of flaming, so you can have proper D3D support on modern hardware and drivers. Or where they just using a fan patch?

41. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 25, 2010, 17:23 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 17:05:
Is it a good game bugged or is it a plain bad game?
Right now, my personal opinion as a FUCKING STUPID buyer of said game ... it could be a good game, if you extend intensive (!) developement time for several months.

The UI is horrible. Needs the handywork of a professional UI designer. Several basic and advanced gameplay features are not explained at all, due to the lack of a good tutorial or the incomprehensable UI. Or the lack of a manual to speak of, not this thin excuse for a manual. The game feels more like an incoherent grouping of some nice features, but not like a complete game.

Bugs can be fixed, but ... i don't know. The game "feels" not right. Gameplay is mostly tedious waiting for research to finish or ressource to amass. When losing a battle, most of the time i have no idea why i lost. Bad strategy? Not enough research? Wrong research or bad choosing of unit upgrades. The feedback from the game is not very informative.

Right now ... it is a bad game!

30. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 25, 2010, 17:01 Kajetan

JaguarUSF wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 16:57:
Breaking the street date doesn't change what was in the box: a buggy, unfinished game.
And it does not change the fact, that Elemental needs several more months intensive (!) QA and polish. Even with the 0-day patch out ... this game is clearly unfinished. Or it is simply a bad game.

8. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 25, 2010, 15:32 Kajetan

w34sl3 wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 15:25:
The broken street date is true.
Yes, it is. But that's not the reason for the unfinished state of the game, my dear boy.

1. Re: Elemental/PC Gamer Follow-up Aug 25, 2010, 15:08 Kajetan

Not again this bullshit about "breaking the street date" ... but right, ok, of course. Retailers have stolen pre-release code, pressed it on CD and sold it, MONTHS, heck, YEARS before the game should have been finished.

Brad, you are LYING! Once again! Go home, please, you're embarrasing yourself!

News Comments > Elemental Patched, Savaged
18. Re: Elemental Patched, Savaged Aug 25, 2010, 15:02 Kajetan

Dev wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 14:45:
It's not like stardock NEEDS to release games early before they are ready.
Demigod was not ready and Elemental joins the party. Seems to me, Stardock isn't so independent after all.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: War of Magic
21. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 25, 2010, 08:19 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 07:18:
PC Gamer just posted on their site a warning not to buy this as it is incomplete and buggy as hell, according to them.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2010/08/25/elementals-disastrous-launch-stay-well-away/

The quote from Brad Wardell is quite interesting:
„In response to someone saying Elemental “plays like an early beta” on the Quarter to Three forums, Brad requests that anyone who thinks so “please stay away from our games in the future. I consider it ready for release and if others disagree, don’t buy our games.”

Brad ... gladly!

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Elemental: War of Magic
17. Re: Ships Ahoy - Elemental: War of Magic Aug 25, 2010, 05:56 Kajetan

Esoteric wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 03:33:
I think I will buy it 2 months from now.
You think, Stardock is adding a proper tutorial? I doubt it. GalCiv was not only Space Exploration, it was at the start very much Game Exploration. Demigod had no tutorial (still doesnt have?) and i was VERY surprised, that Sins had a decent tutorial, which covers the basics and some advanced strategies.

News Comments > Runic: Torchlight 3 Before Diablo III
18. Re: Runic: Torchlight 3 before Diablo III Aug 25, 2010, 04:03 Kajetan

Slashman wrote on Aug 25, 2010, 00:28:
I'm amazed that people found this so entertaining. $20 was way too much for this game.
Maybe, just maybe ... because it WAS entertaining for them?

News Comments > etc.
2. Re: Onlive Aug 24, 2010, 15:30 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Aug 24, 2010, 13:21:
Fuck you. Die already and go the fuck away.
Dont worry. If they keep up their stupid pricing structure, they will go away very quick.

News Comments > On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy
26. Re: On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy Aug 23, 2010, 14:11 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 14:00:
Besides I don't understand why media picks on games so much lately, some recent movies that came out in the past year or so are much more violent than games yet I did not hear a single news story about any movies, nor I saw any moms or dads of fallen soldiers on TV complaining about movie A or movie B.
As a mass medium, games are too "young", too unknown for the public. There are still enough uninformed people out there, who will belive any lies the media throws at them. And being so young, games are perfect for projecting fear and paranoia.

In one or two generations, games have settled in our public "midst", they are "normal". Just remember the fuss about rock music or long hair or Elvis or alcohol ... immoral moving pictures, endangering our kids and our proud, god-loving christian culture

News Comments > On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy
20. Re: On Medal of Honor's Taliban Controversy Aug 23, 2010, 13:18 Kajetan

Dirwulf wrote on Aug 23, 2010, 13:08:
Why not an entire "suicide bomber" game? I mean, yeah, sure, your character dies after the first attack, but you could play the entire SQUAD!...
You play the man, who makes the descisions. "Suicide Bomber" is a srategical game like the Heart of Irons series. You raise possible candidates, buy weapons on the black market, make money with drugs from afghanian opium farmers, contact the CIA, be an Agent Provocateur (or not), research new disguises. After you picked a target, the games switches to first person view, controlling the suicide bomber and finally ... dohhh, you have failed! You hadn't put enough effort in indoctrinating your soldier. The guy valued his life too much, he broke off the assault and fled the country. Damn, where's the last save ... maybe, i should research the "Remote Detonator" tech?

News Comments > PC H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed
9. Re: PC H.A.W.X. 2 Delayed Aug 21, 2010, 08:57 Kajetan

Rhett wrote on Aug 21, 2010, 04:31:
Also, they removed the DRM from their RUSE game due to overwhelming hate for it, so maybe HAWX as well? Original HAWX was great on PC, too.
And replace it with the Steam-DRM? Yeah, that's great! Fuck you!
(not you personally, sry. Meant Ubisoft )

News Comments > Steam Hardware/Software Survey Results
17. Re: Steam Hardware/Software Survey Results Aug 21, 2010, 08:44 Kajetan

RollinThundr wrote on Aug 21, 2010, 05:09:
It doesn't bother anyone else that steam snoops that much information on what people have on their systems at all?
No. Because they ask, before they "snoop".

4. Re: Steam Hardware/Software Survey Results Aug 20, 2010, 18:01 Kajetan

Dr. D. Schreber wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 17:23:
Maybe we can finally ignore the XP Luddites who still use $s when they type out "Microsoft" and actually get some significant DX10 developments.
No, we will not. In two or three years, the next console generation is about to be launched and will be marketed as the new shit. No need for DX-whatever.

And while using Windows 7, i will gladly type "Micro$oft" only to make you angry

1. Re: Steam Hardware/Software Survey Results Aug 20, 2010, 15:57 Kajetan

And 100% of all surveyed machines had Steam installed. Success! Yay!!  

News Comments > Legal Briefs
3. Re: RIAA pushes Google, Verizon for piracy crackdown. Aug 20, 2010, 12:26 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Aug 20, 2010, 11:25:
This is the type of stuff that makes me oppose NN so much. Corporate and government overlords want to control the Internet for their own agenda.
Are you sure, you understand what net neutrality stands for?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_neutrality

1918 Comments. 96 pages. Viewing page 58.
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo