Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1937 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

News Comments > DNF ShakyCam Footage
14. Re: DNF ShakyCam Footage Sep 4, 2010, 12:13 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 11:48:
Borderlands' menus are far from "broken."
They are designed to be used with a controller. Usable with mouse & keyboard? Yes, usable, barely! Good? Hell, fuck, no! Terrible console crap!

But, to be honest, not as bad as in Burnout Paradise (PC), which has THE worst menu interface of all times.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Duke Nukem Forever Press Release
45. Re: Duke Nukem Forever Press Release Sep 4, 2010, 07:59 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Sep 4, 2010, 04:52:
I don't care what the "Waaah regenerating health!" crybabies say, that sounds fucking awesome.
If said crybabies can keep on calling auto-heal-lovers lazy, stupid, skill-less fucks, yes, than you may find that as awesome as you like

News Comments > Dungeon Siege III Trailer
7. Re: Dungeon Siege III Trailer Sep 4, 2010, 03:49 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 23:48:
Don't tell me they've kowtowed to the imaginary console players or whoever they think they can sell this game to, so much that they have only ONE playable character at a time?
DS3 is a multiplattform game. What do you expect?

News Comments > DNF Next Year
7. Re: DNF Next Year Sep 3, 2010, 14:13 Kajetan

Bludd wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 14:03:
On the one hand, I am happy that DNF will come out...
You believe that? Muhahahahaha!

News Comments > Evening Legal Briefs
5. Re: Evening Legal Briefs Sep 3, 2010, 04:46 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Sep 3, 2010, 02:07:
ACTA is one small part of the globalist agenda.
Please, think before you post. There is nothing wrong with globalization. It's for the benefit of all. Really, it is

But ... ACTA is only good for a chosen few, for the already rich and powerful. You cannot fight or stop "globalization". That's a process, that happend since generations. The world is becoming smaller. Which is good thing. But everyone has to profit from this process, not only a few selected companies or countries.

And especially americans have to learn, that isolation and "running away from it all" is the fastest way to make the US a powerless third-world nation.

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells 3M
9. Re: StarCraft II Sells 3M Sep 1, 2010, 12:09 Kajetan

JohnBirshire wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 12:04:
Might get lynched by fanboi's, but I thought the single player campaign's story was actually short, generic, and boring.
It was. It is clearly an unresolved corpse of a story, much fillers, little developement and yes, sometimes even boring. The SP campaign NEEDS the Zerg and Protoss elements of the story. People, who are more interested in the SP campaign, should wait until Part 2 and 3 are released.

Multiplayer is what this game is built on.
Yep.

News Comments > Valve Plans 3 "Big Surprises"
7. Re: Valve Plans 3 "Big Surprises" Sep 1, 2010, 12:05 Kajetan

YESSS!! Duke Nukem Foreva!!!!!  

News Comments > StarCraft II Sells 3M
6. Re: StarCraft II Sells 3M Sep 1, 2010, 11:52 Kajetan

Nomaar wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 11:39:
Would someone who usually doesn't like rts games have any hope of getting enjoyment out of this game?
No. Because, you know, it's a RTS game, it has RTS written all over it, it's gameplay consists 100% of basic RTS gameplay mechanics

And if you are perhaps interested in the setting or the story, read the books or the comics or the story section of a SC wiki.

News Comments > Looking Glass Interview
2. Re: Looking Glass Interview Sep 1, 2010, 11:38 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 11:27:
This makes absolutely BRILLIANT sense. I'm glad the game industry is in such capable hands. After all, higher revenue plus no profit is better than lower revenue plus profit.
You're right. Many publishers seek for the potential higher revenue of console games, because the investors demand potential higher profits. And the investors follow only the principles of the stock market, where solid and steady, self-sufficient "money making" has no place, where promises of profit are more worth than actual existing profit.

So, if you're a small publisher, an indie dev, you can make a good living by making PC games for a specified niche audience. And they can thank the gods, because the majors have mostly left the PC market.

And concerning the interview: very good read, but i had to copy the text to OpenOffice and reformat it, so that i could read it without risking my eye sight

News Comments > Interplay Returns to Publishing
2. Re: Interplay Returns to Publishing Sep 1, 2010, 11:25 Kajetan

nin wrote on Sep 1, 2010, 11:23:
They just won't die...
Maybe, if we shoot their head off with a shotgun?

News Comments > Mafia II DLC Next Week
16. Re: Mafia II DLC Next Week Aug 31, 2010, 15:19 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 14:51:
DLC is the future.
Maybe for the majors. Maybe not even for them.

Most gamers enjoy it.
Perhaps some gamers, who bought (!) DLC. Everyone else isn't interested at all or is just waiting for the "Gold" release, when you pay money for a complete game and nor full price for some intentionally butchered crap.

But, it's your money, your descision.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Interview
12. Re: The Witcher 2 Interview Aug 31, 2010, 08:25 Kajetan

peteham wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 05:18:
What are you on about?
They are "simplifying" the combat system, making it "faster" and more "action orientated", introducing quick time events (press Up, Down, Left, Left, Up, as shown on the screen) to "enhance" boss fights ...

They are making an already simple combat system a lot more simple, so that you can use a controller with the game. Out, out, damn pc-centric gameplay! Welcome, new and shiny multi-platform mediocrity!

I was very excited as i heard first from TW2. But after following several previews, videos and press events, it seems clear, that we don't get a "The Witcher 2", but a Gods of War clone with RPG elements.

News Comments > The Witcher 2 Interview
8. Re: The Witcher 2 Interview Aug 31, 2010, 03:36 Kajetan

Esoteric wrote on Aug 31, 2010, 02:35:
You can see they're real gamers, and that they understand their niche.
But now, they aim for the big money and are dumbing down the combat system for consoles and controllers and people, who don't want to think, when they are playing.

News Comments > Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability"
41. Re: Analyst: Mafia II "Unlikely to Achieve Profitability" Aug 31, 2010, 02:14 Kajetan

Interesting, how much hate a person can generate ... gamers can get very emotional over their games, can get very angry at persons, who just see money in a game and not the emotional experience of playing it. Dont be angry at Pachter! He is only part of a big money making industry YOU ALL helped to create, when you decided to keep on buying games from the majors. You cannot have triple A, high budget games without people like Pachter or Kotick. You gave them money, you gave them power. Dont like it? Stop giving them money!  

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2010, 12:23 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Aug 30, 2010, 12:09:
If you showed them how much they spend on DLC in a year they'd probably be shocked.
Yes, probably. But it's their money and humans still have the right to be foolish and stupid

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Aug 30, 2010, 11:16 Kajetan

No game requires DLC. But DLC is required to make much money from people, who like to be nickle & dimed.  

News Comments > Company of Heroes Online Beta Opens Next Week
3. Re: Company of Heroes Online Beta Opens Next Week Aug 28, 2010, 12:04 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on Aug 28, 2010, 10:53:
I wish they would detail what is different with this game compared to the boxed game.

http://www.companyofheroes.com/forums/general-discussion/topics/CoHO-FAQ

It seems, this is basically the same game, but only as a F2P with microtransactions.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes Kingdoms Launches
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes Kingdoms Launches Aug 27, 2010, 17:25 Kajetan

LittleMe wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 17:01:
Still learning the game. Seems good.
Maybe, if you're new to the browser game genre

I played them a few years back and this is the most NON-innovative genre i've met. You play basically the same game over and over and over again. Do this = x hours, do that = y hours. There are (and were) only a few games leaving this established path. And one day i've had enough. For me browser games are the past, burried deep, deep below, never to return.

Fun? Yes, of course. A while. Then they are boring as hell and there are better things to waste time with.

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Ars Technica - Buying used games Aug 27, 2010, 12:00 Kajetan

JohnnyRotten wrote on Aug 27, 2010, 11:35:
No used vehicles or houses for you Nin?
Perhaps, perhaps not. But that is not the point. If he wants to support the devs, which he loves most, then let him buy new games. It's his choice, he's happy with it. Fine!

The point is ... the customer has a constant purchasing power of X. If he isn't able to free his purchinsing power, bound in several games, he is likely to buy LESS games, because he has not enough money. Or he buys less games, minimizes the risk of a potential loss because he cannot re-sell a game, if he doesn't like it. So, if "used games" are bad and publisher/devs will do anything to stop or hurt second hand sales, they are just hurting themselves. Which proves only, that some people in this industry have no idea of basic economic dependencies and principles. They are just greedy, stupid fucks!

The other point is .... why in Gods Almighty Name should software developers have a share from second hand sales? Why them? Why not everyone else?

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Mafia II
131. Re: Ships Ahoy - Mafia II Aug 26, 2010, 14:09 Kajetan

nothing ...

This comment was edited on Aug 26, 2010, 14:23.

1937 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 58.
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo