Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2082 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

News Comments > On PC Crysis 2
4. Re: On PC Crysis 2 Feb 9, 2011, 12:25 Kajetan

Anonymous wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 12:21:
I don't think they made a mistake at all. Somebody has to be developing next gen technology and not just giving us what consoles can do.
Crysis was not "next gen". Crysis had a horrible, non-optimised code at release, which was a mess, a train wreck. They fixed it later on, but no, there was NOTHING "next gen" about that performance desaster.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Bulletstorm Censored in Germany
2. Re: Bulletstorm Censored in Germany Feb 9, 2011, 11:25 Kajetan

Rilcon wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 11:13:
That's over half the selling points gone in a puff of CENSORED signs.
No problem. Germans will buy this game in other countries or simply download it. Censorship NEVER works!

News Comments > Treyarch on Bugs
8. Re: Treyarch on Bugs Feb 9, 2011, 06:34 Kajetan

Rilcon wrote on Feb 9, 2011, 04:56:
Contrary to popular belief, QA does find most bugs people later complain about. It's just that most of them end up as "can't / won't fix", or "as designed". Platform holders let publishers get away with a certain amount of bugs in games, some of them quite nasty, and the publisher doesn't actually tell them what issues are known; and of course, the developer doesn't tell the publisher about the issues they know about.

It's all a fun game of "shit, we have to release next month or everyone gets fired". If you want to blame someone, blame investors asking for massive returns, publishers setting short deadlines and producers for caving in and giving little to know time for bugfixing. Also gamers for wanting new games NOW NOW NOW.
As a former QA worker, i can confirm this. The vast majority of bugs players encounter in games are well known, documented and reported by the QA. But fixing these bugs? Thats a whole different matter:

· This is a feature, not a bug!
· Not enough time to the release date.
· Not enough money to hire more programming staff.
· "Go away, i'm pissed because you always point out my programming errors!" => devs with an unprofessional attitude and a heavy dose of inferiority complex.

I could go on for hours

News Comments > Warhammer Online Server Closures, Free Transfers
4. Re: Warhammer Online Server Closures, Free Transfers Feb 8, 2011, 15:06 Kajetan

KilrathiAce wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 14:53:
Warhammer fantasy does suck, if this was warhammer 40k mmo it wouldnt be closing....nuff said.
It's not the setting, it's the game that apparently sucks.

News Comments > Warhammer Online Server Closures, Free Transfers
3. Re: Warhammer Online Server Closures, Free Transfers Feb 8, 2011, 15:05 Kajetan

venomhed wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 14:17:
Hey Relic, a new Company of Heroes - Vietnam/Korea and Homeworld 3 would be great ideas BTW!
Yes, please. A CoH with the gameplay of the original CoH just with another setting, units and abilities. And no, no more role-playing, inventory, item hero stuff as in DoW2. Just give us the proven formula. It works. It's fun. Don't temper with it.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Dungeons
2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Dungeons Feb 8, 2011, 15:01 Kajetan

Tanto Edge wrote on Feb 8, 2011, 14:55:
Gee... never heard of this concept before..
The concept isn't the problem, the execution is. Mediocre at best, when treated as an unique game. A bad rip-off, if you trusted their marketing and trailers, which have clearly indicated a DK clone.

News Comments > Op Ed
9. Re: Op Ed Feb 7, 2011, 15:43 Kajetan

Icewind wrote on Feb 7, 2011, 15:22:
Any game in which you aren't punished for dying isn't a game, it's something the losers at gamerdad.com probably play.

Diablo had it right. The first one that is. The one where when you die everything you wear is dropped and you either go down and get it somehow or you lose everything.

Without that fear that you could lose everything, where is the suspense? Where is the challenge? Where is the fun?

Gamers have become far too soft.
You're such a hero! Can i have your babies?

News Comments > EA Financials, New Shooter Teased
19. Re: EA Financials, New Shooter Teased Feb 2, 2011, 10:17 Kajetan

reisub wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 08:10:
Oh I know it didn't do that well. I just really want to see a sequel.
Ok then, nevermind my nitpicking

News Comments > EA Financials, New Shooter Teased
17. Re: EA Financials, New Shooter Teased Feb 2, 2011, 07:46 Kajetan

reisub wrote on Feb 2, 2011, 07:22:
I'm sure a Mirror's Edge 2 would push them into the black.
No, because Mirrors Edge 1 was commercially not that successful to have such an influence on even quarterly financials. EA made some money on that game, but not enough to match their expectations. Dead Space was surprisingly quite successful on all plattforms, therefore we have a Dead Space 2 and not a Mirrors Edge 2.

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview
30. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview Feb 1, 2011, 04:37 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 1, 2011, 00:32:
Those are the three main reasons why AC and AC2 failed to hold my interest for more than a few hours.
But they have great soundtracks from Jesper Kyd. And they do look pretty, sometimes. Isn't that enough?

News Comments > Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview
24. Re: Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC Interview Jan 31, 2011, 12:35 Kajetan

Anonymous wrote on Jan 31, 2011, 11:34:
AC2 PC suffered from a terrible bug where it wouldn't keep track of your save file and you could lose 10+ hours of gameplay. My copy is unplayable due to this fact.
Yes!!!! Save-Points!!! *blärghhh*

News Comments > Beyond Black Mesa Interview
2. Re: Beyond Black Mesa Interview Jan 28, 2011, 04:33 Kajetan

durandal wrote on Jan 27, 2011, 20:50:
The one of the best fan-made film.
and I cannot believe they did it with $1200 budget!
They already had a proper camera and software.

But yes, when you cannot throw tons of money at every little problem, you have to get creative and really, REALLY resourceful. For example, i had a blast listening to Robert Rodriguez commentary track from the "El Mariachi"-DVD. Too much money makes lazy and stupid

News Comments > Disney Cuts Confirmed
2. Re: Disney Cuts Confirmed Jan 26, 2011, 06:20 Kajetan

Donkey_Punch wrote on Jan 26, 2011, 05:55:
How many kids do they think own cell phones? Kids, not teenagers.
Enough to join the "mobile and social games" hype.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Interview
31. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 22, 2011, 09:24 Kajetan

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2011, 09:40.

News Comments > PC Gaming Alliance Interview
30. Re: PC Gaming Alliance Interview Jan 22, 2011, 09:23 Kajetan

Dirwulf wrote on Jan 21, 2011, 17:06:
Making games is a business, not a sport, or something you do for fun.
Yes, you could do that. But you don't have to. I can make a game just for the fun of it. Sure, it probably will be only a little flash game, but a game it is.

If you want to make money, you need to find the biggest audience.
Wrong. If you want to make money, choose your target group carefully, then make a game for this target group. If a specific target group is already served by a lot of other competitors, choose another genre, choose another target group. You WILL loose money, when you go where everyone already is.

That means casual games.
No. See above. But most people, who finance game developement, have no fuckin clue about the market. So they go where everyone already is. This means casual games. Not because they will get rich, but because investors are mostly greedy stupid fucks.

As a hardcore gamer, a game developer and a captalist pig, I have no problem with this.
No, of course not. Because you too have no fuckin clue ;-P

News Comments > Blizzard Not Killing World of StarCraft Mod
5. Re: Blizzard Not Killing World of StarCraft Mod Jan 21, 2011, 01:21 Kajetan

So, the video is up again? No?

And more corporate bullshit talk ...

News Comments > DRM-Free D&D RPGs
9. Re: DRM-Free D&D RPGs Jan 20, 2011, 03:46 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Jan 20, 2011, 00:05:
Not sure why anyone would choose to buy these from Impulse instead of GOG. GOG is much more flexible and offers free bonus content like soundtracks, manuals and wallpapers.
There are people, who have no idea that something like GOG.com exists.

News Comments > Blue Mars PC Support Ending
5. Re: Blue Mars PC Support Ending Jan 17, 2011, 11:55 Kajetan

JD Wohlever wrote on Jan 17, 2011, 10:28:
MORONS! You are dropping PC support in favor of mobile gaming? You developers are RETARDED.
No. They're not. Probably

Often enough, they just do what their investors tell them to do and nowadays investors think that mobile and "social" gaming is teh big new shit.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
4. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 15, 2011, 11:05 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 15, 2011, 09:20:
Steam is easily cracked as well, in fact steam is so easy to crack that the warez scene doesn't even regard steam cracks as legit releases but rather as bullying the weak.
In fact, Valve has stopped marketing Steam as some sort of magical DRM two or three years ago. Asked about the "threat" of software piracy, they said that they spend no more thought on piracy. They know, that Steam has stopped no one, they see LOTS of money rolling in, they do not care about piracy anymore.

News Comments > New Final Fantasy Trademark
6. Re: New Final Fantasy Trademark Jan 1, 2011, 07:17 Kajetan

Cram wrote on Jan 1, 2011, 06:11:
Why is this garbage still selling in every part of the world!?
Because it says "Final Fantasy" on the box. And FF STILL has a good reputation.

2082 Comments. 105 pages. Viewing page 58.
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo