Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1979 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com Tease
4. Re: GOG.com Tease Sep 21, 2010, 12:32 Kajetan

At first, i was slightly shocked. I love GOG.com, i bought many games and had hoped buying a lot more.

But very quick i realized, that this could be probably a marketing ploy to announce the end of the Beta, the official start of the plattform. More and more evidence shows up (calming statements from the CEO to investors; suddenly a favicon for a site, which is supposed to be shut down, more cryptic statements and now this video).

Was i releaved? Yes, of course.

Am i happy now? No, i'm quite upset. I dont like it, when people make fun of me to sell their new product. When they TAKE AWAY the files i bought, just to start a marketing campaign. Right now, i am an angry ex-customer, hoping he can download all his stuff tomorrow, before they pull another stupid stunt like this and then leave GOG for good.

This comment was edited on Sep 21, 2010, 12:38.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue?
5. Re: Serious Sam HD Gold Edition on Thursday a Steam/GOG.com Clue? Sep 21, 2010, 11:02 Kajetan

I do not see any connection at all between the announcement of this bundle and GOG.com possible future.  

News Comments > GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday
14. Re: GOG.com Statement Expected Wednesday Sep 21, 2010, 04:00 Kajetan

Shadowcat wrote on Sep 21, 2010, 03:43:
I'm going to be so gutted if this marks the end of the DRM-free catalogue on GOG.com.
Probably not, because GOG.com made good money for CD Project. There are a few good speculations over at Neogaf and the GOG facebook page, that the sudden closure has its reason in turmoils at their parent company Optimus, that the sudden closure has legal reasons, until all business proceedings are sorted out.

Well, let's see tomorrow ...

News Comments > GOG.com in Flux
42. Re: GOG.com in Flux Sep 20, 2010, 05:00 Kajetan

creatorswhim wrote on Sep 20, 2010, 04:33:
I was over there the other day, looking longingly at the I-War games and I noticed they still had the "Beta" on their logo. Two years is a long time to be Beta testing a commercial site.
Funny thing ... the "closing page" has a favicon. The former beta never had

News Comments > GOG.com in Flux
38. Re: GOG.com in Flux Sep 20, 2010, 02:08 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 19, 2010, 22:20:
Only Arx Fatalis got an actual compatability patch from the developer.
There are other games, where GOG.com made special patches. Knights & Merchants, Outcast and another one, i can't remember right now.

News Comments > Out of the Blue
6. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2010, 14:52 Kajetan

New rumours concerning GOG.com from the Facebook page:

It seems, this could be THE single worst marketing stunt ever, to celebrate the closure of the Beta and the official start of GOG.com 1.0

News Comments > Out of the Blue
5. Re: Out of the Blue Sep 19, 2010, 14:02 Kajetan

Bhruic wrote on Sep 19, 2010, 13:50:
Well that sucks, looks like GOG is shutting down

www.gog.com
I wonder ... why? A few days ago, i heard they were just doing fine, making good money of this service.

News Comments > On APB Refunds, Epic's APB Interest, and RTW's Closure
8. removed Sep 17, 2010, 13:16 Kajetan

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Sep 17, 2010, 13:40.

News Comments > ABP Closing
1. Re: ABP Closing Sep 16, 2010, 13:45 Kajetan

Bill Roper is glad. He no longer is responsible for the biggest MMO desaster ever. He just dropped to second place!  

News Comments > Op Ed
3. Re: Op Ed Sep 15, 2010, 15:38 Kajetan

Silicon Avatar wrote on Sep 15, 2010, 15:04:
Publishers and developers should just shut it.
Butbutbut ... they are ENTITLED to moa revenue! You really have to have pity with these poor, poor sods! *sob*

:-P

News Comments > On Sale
4. Re: On Sale Sep 15, 2010, 03:17 Kajetan

Bhruic wrote on Sep 15, 2010, 00:19:
Old or not, I still (re) picked it up. Just wish someone had tinkered with it for better screen resolution support, but I'm still having fun.
"http://www.widescreengaming.net" is your friend ...

News Comments > Civilization V Preorder Bonuses
8. Re: Civilization V Preorder Bonuses Sep 14, 2010, 08:49 Kajetan

StingingVelvet wrote on Sep 14, 2010, 05:56:
If Civ isn't worth full price I don't know what game is in all honesty.
Civ 5 without Steamworks?

News Comments > Steam Wallet Beta
22. Re: Steam Wallet Beta Sep 14, 2010, 08:36 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Sep 14, 2010, 05:04:

Every time I buy a new quest pack from Bioware, I perfect my ability to use the word "Fuck" 8 or more times in a single sentence. Buy them in icrements of 800 or 1600 for things that cost 400 and 700 points. ARGHHHH!!!!!! Furious
Why do you still buy them? No pity from me

News Comments > Oblivion Film TM
12. Re: Oblivion Film TM Sep 13, 2010, 12:56 Kajetan

Ruffiana wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 11:06:
Pretty much every half-successful game IP has been optioned for a motion picture...almost none of them will ever see the light of day.
And thank the allmighty God for that

News Comments > Civilization V Live Video Stream Today
9. Re: geeze Sep 13, 2010, 12:54 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 12:45:
It stands to reason that a public torrent is anything but private filesharing ;)
Sry, my bad. I meant non-commercial file-sharing in relation to the "real" software pirates who sell unlicensed copies. HERE, and only here is damage in lost revenues.

News Comments > Civilization V Live Video Stream Today
6. Re: geeze Sep 13, 2010, 12:38 Kajetan

PoopieMoopie wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 12:26:
to the pirates out there, please just buy this game, it seems the company really did their best to accommodate the PC platform (the game's ONLY platform). We want them to keep making great games. Thanks!
There are no "pirates". There are only unserved, potential customers.

So, if the game is good and (!) popular enough, it will sell enough. And Civilization IS very popular. 2K will make enough profit and we will see a Civ VI.

And people, who leech every game, never buying anything, will never be customers. There is no harm in private file-sharing.

News Comments > On Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Consoles
67. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Consoles Sep 13, 2010, 10:22 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 10:05:
Fine ... [list of personal opinions]
And this is the best example, why Deus Ex is one of the richest games in the world. So much possibilities to please nearly everyones personal play style. No, you don't have to use most augments. Yes, you can substitute them with certain tools and gadgets and plan your playthrough accordingly. But ... you can also rely heavily on augments, depending on your chosen character skills. Nothing is generally useless or unimportant, everything can be used in any order and combination to please your taste. There is no "I've ruined my character with my bad choice of talents" as it happens in most RPGs.

There is no dead end in Deus Ex. There is always an alternative.

And that's the beauty of this game!

50. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Consoles Sep 13, 2010, 02:03 Kajetan

Donkey_Punch wrote on Sep 13, 2010, 01:32:
Why don't they also design the games to make use of the keyboard and mouse?
Because all this "We will not forget the PC platform" is bullshit. They are given a fixed budget, a fixed developement time, which is designed to make a proper console version and a version, that runs on a PC. That and only that is the main quality goal for a PC version.

Sure, devs can make two different version. But they do not have time and budget to do so, because the publisher calculated the budget to accomodate the higher sales number on the consoles. Its not a technical issue, why PC versions mosty suck bad. It's a political and economical descision.

Which is "funny", because the revenue on console game sales is lower than with PC game sales. But investors do like big numbers and they all want the next CoD or Halo or GoW, so that the stock price goes up. They have no interest in better revenue, only in higher stock prices. Adn we all know, that the stock market is fueled by dreams of wealth and promises of profit. ACTUAL profit or a healthy, self-sufficent business model is not of any interest.

This comment was edited on Sep 13, 2010, 02:14.

16. Re: On Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Consoles Sep 12, 2010, 14:30 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Sep 12, 2010, 14:23:
To say nothing of Sony and MS wanting to integrate social platforms like Facebook and such, the advantages all around of the keyboard and mouse far outweight controllers.
One day, even Facebook has to sucumb to the mighty power of TEH CONTROLLA!

News Comments > Software First Sale Doctrine Slashed
24. Re: Software First Sale Doctrine Slashed Sep 11, 2010, 04:33 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Sep 11, 2010, 03:44:
Your logic has some holes in it:
No, his logic is quite sound. It's all about purchasing power and freeing this fix amount through re-sale, being able to buy new games. Or taking a risk in buying some weird new game, instaed of relying alway on the proven formula. Publishers are NOT interested in hurting the sale of used games (because they know, they hurt themselves in the long run), they just want the profit from that sale. Not stupid, just greedy.

And if a person buys only used games for a low price, why should he suddenly buy new games for a higher price, if used games are no longer available? Instead he will look for another hobby or just resort to software piracy.

1979 Comments. 99 pages. Viewing page 58.
< Newer [ 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo