Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2023 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Where Crytek Stands
5. Re: Where Crytek Stands Jul 30, 2014, 19:21 Kajetan

Flatline wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 19:11:
I give them 6 months.
Good guess. They have to close more studios, they have to cancel one or two current projects. Because they do not make revenue at all. There is no new game this year. Cryteks only F2P title is a flop. And they work on the next flop (another MOBA *yawn*). And they just switched the entire team for their coop title, delaying the release for at least half a year. The engine business failed. At the moment they will NOT make money for at least another year. Hell, they might even have to sell the Crysis IP only to cover the next months.

Crytek will not survive the next year.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
24. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 26, 2014, 08:51 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 08:03:
Crysis was a poorly optimised tech engine with utterly mediocre gameplay. I've tried to complete it on numerous occasions but I just find it tedious. Far Cry was the better game.
I find both lacking ... well, but Crytek was never known for good gameplay design. They do tech. Nothing else. Becoming a game developer was not the brightest idea, because they had no game design talent. And they hired only mediocre game design talent. There is no vision in Cryteks games, no clear gameplay design. They just make the game up, as they go along and scrap everything they build for the next game, even in the same game. Do you really remember Far Cry? Playing on this beautiful island, battling mercenaries and suddenly these stupid monsters in corridors and this absurd, grotesque and just lazy designed end fight?

There is no game design talent at Crytek. Never was, never will be.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
15. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 21:14 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 20:14:
As generous as their offer to make games with CryEngine is I just don't see there being enough talent to make that happen, not when everywhere you turn people are putting out tutorial vids on making games with Unreal Engine or Unity.
And there is a reason for that. Lacking support from Crytek for people interested in using the CryEngine. Arrogant behavior against people seeking help or asking for certain features. Lacking documentation. Not very intuitive tools require a hefty amount of work to produce something you can achieve with the UDK or Unity very, very fast. The CryEngine licensing business has failed. It's dead.

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
22. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 10:19 Kajetan

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:48:
Lol, someone tried it. What are you, someone's wife or something?
We all are someone's bitch

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
20. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 07:24 Kajetan

And what a surprise, the game does not start. The serial provided with this free "purchase" is faulty or not registered within their stupid DRM database. It does not work for EVERYONE  

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
13. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 16:48 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 15:42:
We know which engine it uses and this doesn't change anything. CIG has a licence to use the engine regardless of what happens to Crytek.
To be precise, RSI bought the right to make a fork of the CryEngine, they bought the code. There is no need for Crytek anymore.

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
2. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 13:07 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 12:18:
So what caused this train wreck to happen in the first place? Just being an 'average' developer that overextended their resources in to shit like Warface?
Yes, something like that.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Z
14. Re: Ships Ahoy - Z Jul 5, 2014, 13:33 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 22:52:
There's absolutely no reason to torrent. GOG offers a money back guarantee.
But not when you already downloaded the game. This is no "I dont like the game. Take it back" like in retail.

News Comments > Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard
21. Re: Rob Pardo Leaves Blizzard Jul 4, 2014, 02:58 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Jul 4, 2014, 00:57:
1. HGL was released in an incredibly buggy state. It should have been held.
HGL was a code desaster. They tried to do some agile software developement (which is nice when done right), but suffered from a horrendous lack of project oversight. Everyone worked on something, there was no scrum master coordinating all these small, individual goals. HGL suffered from feature creep, from lack of project oversight. There was nothing much to fix, only to bandaid the worst mistakes.

Some community patches for HGL are bandaiding very nicely, but like the big community patches for games like Gothic 3, they cannot make a better game, because the core game, the core mechanics were broken by design.

News Comments > More Crytek Rumors
18. Re: More Crytek Rumors Jun 24, 2014, 15:56 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 14:40:
I just hope that the shut down won't affect Star Citizen too much...
Dont worry. Chris Roberts will buy the engine rights with the next 50 mio or so.

News Comments > Star Citizen Passes $47M
18. Re: Star Citizen Passes $47M Jun 24, 2014, 05:12 Kajetan

Next stretch goal: Buying the CryEngine!  

News Comments > Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor
16. Re: Crytek Denies Bankruptcy Rumor Jun 24, 2014, 05:11 Kajetan

walrus1 wrote on Jun 24, 2014, 02:25:
Hmmm.... nowhere in their statement do they say they're doing well financially. Instead they only deny the rumors that they're bankrupt.
And no rumor said, that they are

Every rumor only reported financial troubles, missing paychecks and struggling projects. But soon they will be bancrupt, if there is no miracle around.

News Comments > GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble
59. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 23, 2014, 12:47 Kajetan

Mach10 wrote on Jun 23, 2014, 09:53:
Crytek was lying to all customers about DX10 requirement since they were paid by Microsoft to push Vista on those who were still using Windows XP. I say let Crytek burn, reap what you sow.
Remember that 64bit version of Far Cry 1? Exclusive only (!) for owners of the AMD64 chipset? With big marketing bruhaha from Herr Yerli? Guess what ... all additional effects were later recreated by modders for 32bit systems.

38. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 23, 2014, 01:17 Kajetan

Zombiegoat213 wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 19:07:
So basically this is sort of like what happened with id Software ...
No. Concentrating on the console market wasnt the problem. 800 employees with too few game releases. And those releases were not very successful. Hence ... not enough money to pay those 800 people. THAT is the problem with Crytek.

18. Re: GameStar: Crytek in Financial Trouble Jun 22, 2014, 15:10 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on Jun 22, 2014, 14:46:
That said, it seems more like everyone is either going Unity (Especially indies), or Unreal. iD has no Tech 5 sales to speak of, and Cry Engine has a handful compared Unreal and Unity.
As far as i know, Unity and the UE are very easy to learn and to master in comparison to the CryEngine, which is the most powerful engine available at the moment, but requires a LOT of work.

News Comments > Xenonauts Released
2. Re: Xenonauts Released Jun 17, 2014, 10:05 Kajetan

Its also available on GOG.com  

News Comments > Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks
13. Re: Serious Sam 2 Replaces GameSpy with Steamworks Jun 15, 2014, 09:44 Kajetan

shihonage wrote on Jun 15, 2014, 06:08:
I ran this game only to discover there's no mouse inversion option.

Thus, a waste of $2.50.
Profile Settings, Advanced Controls, Invert Mouse

News Comments > Steam Top 10
16. Re: Steam Top 10 Jun 8, 2014, 21:32 Kajetan

[VG]Reagle wrote on Jun 8, 2014, 18:29:
Should I buy Wolf? Wow it might be good!!!! I am ready for a good game!!!
Dont do it, dont buy it. I heard ... Gossip ... that Chris "The Sellout" Roberts was involved!!!!!!! Probably. Somehow. He bought himself in with all the monies from SC, only that he can sell himself out.

News Comments > GOG.com Announces Optional Client
8. Re: GOG.com Announces Optional Client Jun 5, 2014, 17:22 Kajetan

saluk wrote on Jun 5, 2014, 17:06:
I'm not sure what crossplay means exactly... I'm assuming it means the multiplayer will be set up in such a way that when you buy a game from the humble store it will still be able to connect.
I understand it that way too. There is no need to have the COG client to play with others, the client doesnt lock you in for multiplayer.

News Comments > Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age
7. Re: Crytek Announces HUNT: Horrors of the Gilded Age Jun 3, 2014, 10:07 Kajetan

Oh, the horror ... of having to discuss another Crytek game  

2023 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 6.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo