Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Nashville, TN 02/27

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2043 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Changes
8. Re: Homeworld Remastered Changes Feb 24, 2015, 02:48 Kajetan

Primalchrome wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 22:42:
I thought Claw formation was better for single targets...
It was.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer
3. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Trailer Feb 23, 2015, 16:24 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Feb 23, 2015, 16:16:
This is almost like testing the waters to see if there is any money in making Homeworld 3 a reality.
Well at least that is my theory
First they have to recreate Cataclysm. All audio master files were found, the source code is near. I feel it in the water, i smell it in the air!!

News Comments > Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence
1. Re: Peter Molyneux's Vows of Silence Feb 13, 2015, 19:18 Kajetan

Stap, please, stap! I cant take it anymore. It hurts, when i laugh. IT HURTS!!!!

News Comments > Dying Light Mod Tool Plans
15. Re: Dying Light Mod Tool Plans Feb 7, 2015, 05:34 Kajetan

Jerykk wrote on Feb 7, 2015, 05:14:
Shadow of Mordor also had a crappy QTE boss fight (and crappy boss fights in general) but I didn't really care because the remaining 99% of the game was great.
And this i dont understand. Devs manage to create an awesome game with good and well thought gameplay mechanics and then, they fuck it all up at the end or at some crucial point of the game. I experienced this too often over the past 15-20 years. This has nothing to do with "Meh, those new games are shite!".

News Comments > Steamship Ahoy - Heroes of Might & Magic III HD Edition
9. Re: Steamship Ahoy - Heroes of Might & Magic III HD Edition Jan 29, 2015, 13:52 Kajetan

Jivaro wrote on Jan 29, 2015, 12:06:
I definitely want to buy this but I am waiting because I am fairly certain that the expansions are coming as additional expenditures.
They wont. According to the devs, source code and assets of those addons where lost somewhere in time. They would have to recreate the game from scratch. Similar situation with the upcoming HD version of Homeworld. Code and assets of the Cataclysm addon were lost when Rockstar bought Barking Dog and employees moved to another location.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
18. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 11:45 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 11:28:
It (UBI replacing keys) also starts down the slippery slope of what happens next time. Are they obligated to do it every time, then? Wouldn't that just cause fraudulent keys to flourish?
No. It wouldnt. Because fraudulent keys are the exception, not the norm. And ... the publisher might want to tighten the security of the whole ordering process, reducing the probality that such things happen again. But this costs money. More money they are loosing with fraud. So ... nothing happens.

I dont dispute the right the publishers have to "defend" themselves. They have it. Fully. But sometimes it is WISER to NOT swing the banhammer. Be friendly to those customers, gift them legit keys. Which cost the publishers nothing. Be merciful. Gain positive press, gain more customers, be the good guy once in a while.

To me, its a nobrainer.

News Comments > Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups
10. Re: Far Cry 4 Key Revocation Follow-ups Jan 28, 2015, 10:42 Kajetan

Quboid wrote on Jan 28, 2015, 10:33:
Why would the victim of fraud be expected to reimburse those who tried to take advantage?
1. Because most of those buyers arent aware what kind of keys they purchased. This is not some kind of backstreet business where you are offered iPhones from a shady guy out of his van.

2. Because it WISE to not hurt your customers. As i remember Adobe once contacted several hundred customers with "counterfeit" serials and offered them legit ones for free. Adobe came out as the good guy, it was perfect PR story, costing them nearly nothing.

News Comments > Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans
3. Re: Ken Levine's Sci-Fi PC Game Plans Jan 27, 2015, 19:27 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 17:45:
SYSTEM SHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCK!
please?
Only if he stops expressing himself as a hollywood script writer. One Bioshock Infinite is enough. I really want a game inside my "game".

News Comments > Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com
9. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com Jan 27, 2015, 14:18 Kajetan

-  

News Comments > Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com
8. Re: Grim Fandango Remastered & More Star Wars Games on GOG.com Jan 27, 2015, 14:18 Kajetan

MattyC wrote on Jan 27, 2015, 12:57:
Assuming it works well, I am incredibly happy to see a Grim Fandango GOG release!
It does work well. Only thing negative is no proper support for widescreen resolutions. The image is just stretched, looks horrible. But they offer the original 4:3 resolution with some nice looking borders left and right, so ...

On the plus side ... it works on modern windows OS. Good mouse UI. NPC textures are remade and cleared for higher resolutions, new arrangement and recording of the soundtrack, new lighting system and dev commentary available in the game like Valve did in the Portals and Episode Two.

News Comments > Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month
5. Re: Homeworld Remastered Collection Next Month Jan 26, 2015, 10:18 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 26, 2015, 10:03:
Does this include Cataclysm or not?
It does not. In fact, all master files and backups of the source code were probably lost when Barking Dog was bought by Rockstar. Source: some Relic forum moderator ...

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
33. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Jan 12, 2015, 05:23 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 12, 2015, 03:10:
The RSI forums are by far the most insane fanboy slum I ever saw.
Then you saw nothing

I don't think the powers that be even realize how much damage this does to the feedback they receive. Because if all you have is yes-sayers then you never gonna be told where the real problems are.
Every good and professional developer knows how to filter forum feedbacks. A good and competent community manager does that. Filtering the fanboys and the bashers, looking for the few constructive critics every forum contains. If CIG does this, fine. If not, their problem, not ours.

News Comments > Heroes of Might and Magic III HD Pre-Purchases
3. Re: Heroes of Might and Magic III HD Pre-Purchases Jan 7, 2015, 08:39 Kajetan

Julio wrote on Jan 7, 2015, 06:08:
When it doesn't sell well, I hope there's no conclusion drawn that this type of game isn't relevant anymore.
Do not worry ... current Steam-Chart, Position 5, only with Pre-Orders.

Sadly, there are enough uninformed or gullible players, who are tricked into "Uhhh, let's buy it, so Ubisoft makes more cheap HD rip-offs, because we are stupid and rightfully deserve to be ripped off!"

News Comments > Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: "No Finish Line"
64. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 15:05 Kajetan

Quinn wrote on Jan 4, 2015, 11:49:
That begs two questions: 1. Why is it suddenly episodic. 2. Why are you so forgiving
1. Why not? I have no problem with that. I have no problem with waiting another year for a "complete" release, i have no problem with releasing the first missions early.

2. Why shouldnt i? Why should i be miserable? I WILL get my SP campaign. Thats what i wanted, thats what i get. Everything else is just icing on the top.

62. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 4, 2015, 07:25 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 17:40:
That's how it should be, yes, but every interview with the guy I read, that seems to not be what he's saying. He seems to be saying that the money NEEDS to keep coming in in order for this game to be made (which goes 100% against what crowdfunding is, eg, you promise to do this for this much money, and you need to deliver what you promised, or something close to it, when you get that money.)
He seems to do that to some people. To others, not.

I backed SC with a few dollars at the Kickstarter campaign because i wanted a new "Wing Commander" style game. This year they will release the first part of SQ42. If this turns out to be an enjoyable game, good. If not, well, its called backers risk for a reason

Concerning the PU, the shooter module, the MP in general ... perhaps i will look into it someday, perhaps not.

45. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 3, 2015, 12:33 Kajetan

Quboid wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 11:33:
Do you expect whatever modules that they are working on at that time to get finished, and for most of the promised (supposedly funded but at that time undelivered) content to eventually see the light of day?
The modules they work on will see a release. Because the developement of these modules with a certain feature set is already funded.

40. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 3, 2015, 10:34 Kajetan

panbient wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 09:25:
And I'd say your optimism is due to fear of admitting fault. If Roberts is refusing to establish any sort of tangible objective goal he's creating an escape plan on his get rich quick scheme, which is what this really seems like now.
Please, explain me this "escape plan". How is investing incoming money into the project "escaping"?

Yes, he'll keep 'working on it' while the money keeps coming in, but what is he really working on?
SQ42, the PU with all its modules. Isnt THAT hard to figure out

What's the actual goal? Not your personal interpretation / expectation, but the actual stated goal by the people collecting all the money... how feasible is that goal and how likely are they to succeed in achieving and delivering that goal?
The goal is to create the project Star Citizen, which consists at the moment of several modules. The SP module called Squadron 42, the MP module for hosting your own MP games, the Persistent Universe module which is basically some kind of Freelancer MMO. Just look it up on the SC webpage, follow announcements and videos and status updates from the teams.

It's not necessarily a scam, but what do you call something that they will just keep working on -indefinitely- with no actual conclusion until the money stops coming in.
An open project with no end date. As long as money comes in, there will be new content and new features. SC is NOT like a typical game project with a fixed feature set because of a fixed budget. Roberts has the freedom to expand the game according to the amount of money still coming in. When the funding money stops, we will get "only" the game he and his employees are already working on. Whats wrong with that?

Who do you think he'll blame once the money stops and the production ends?
No one? Why should he? He already is making the game he wanted.

His own hubris and the unchecked scope of the product design? Or the community that 'abandoned' his vision once they finally smartened up and stopped dumping money, into as previously stated, the biggest sunk cost fallacy in the history of gaming (if not the entire internet).
Where ever your reality is, its not part of mine.

34. Re: Roberts on Star Citizen in 2015: Jan 3, 2015, 09:01 Kajetan

Mr. Tact wrote on Jan 3, 2015, 08:47:
I'd say that's the first solid proof I've read indicating this game is in real trouble.
I'd say you misunderstand him on purpose. He just says that he scales production according to the amount of money coming in. The more money comes in the bigger the scope gets. There is no fixed end of developement. When some more millions are coming in, he spend this money on making more content, polishing existing content or introducing new features.

News Comments > Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam
9. Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines and AvP 2010 No Longer Sold on Steam Jan 1, 2015, 14:12 Kajetan

TheEmissary wrote on Jan 1, 2015, 13:44:
I a have feeling it was a case of the game not selling at all on the service.
Where is the harm in keeping it available on Steam?

2043 Comments. 103 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo