Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2147 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
12. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 19:47 Kajetan

Bundy wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 18:59:
Unless you're trying to cross platform, obviously, as the case of Source 2. But for the most part with Windows, D3D will probably remain the API of choice.
That maybe. But considering how many multiplattform games are out there ... devs will use, whats best to achieve their goal. Like it used to be. If its Direct3D for Windows or Vulkan for other platforms or something else one day.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations
8. Re: AMD Ceasing Mantle Optimizations Jul 6, 2015, 18:17 Kajetan

Deathman29 wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 17:45:
Such a shame.
Why? Vulkan, the sucessor to OpenGL is based on Mantle. Source 2 will support Vulkan, others will follow. Because Direct3D is not the right choice for every dev and every plattform.

News Comments > Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs [Updated]
4. Re: Star Citizen Executive Producer Departs? Jul 6, 2015, 09:48 Kajetan

Vio wrote on Jul 6, 2015, 09:39:
The end is nigh.
SC will be released soon? Good news, everyone!!!

News Comments > Op Ed
63. Re: Op Ed Jul 5, 2015, 11:39 Kajetan

Scheherazade wrote on Jul 5, 2015, 10:45:

What concerns me is:

1) CIGs refusal to balance and tune what they have released so far. As it stands, AC gameplay is bad, and it only takes some XML tweaks to bring it up to snuff, and they refuse to take care of it. It's such low hanging fruit that people on the forums modded it to sort out the imba issues.
And if they do that ... people will complain that they spend ressources on this instead of "finishing" something else. CIG is in a position where they cant please everyone at the same time. Too many people want too many things. Will CIG fulfill all expectations? No, of course not. Someone WILL be dissapointed.

2) Too many cooks. 500 people is a lot of dough. Even if they make only 40 k per year (a pittance), that's 20M per year. Plus development is a few years in already. 85m isn't a lot of money for that size of a group. I have no doubt that they can eventually make it happen - just not with 85m going at this pace with this many people. At this pace, they need to secure more funding - which means solid and fun demos (point #1) and more milestones launched, even if not polished.
This will probably happen. But ... it is GOOD that this will happen, because otherwise they will polish modules and gameplay features till eternity, never to release anything. They have to make a commercial release soon. First, to generate more income from actual game sales to people who havent donated and second, to generate more donations, because they had a commercial release, proving they can deliver.

Will it be good game? I dont know. We will see

This comment was edited on Jul 5, 2015, 11:56.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 4, 2015, 15:20 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on Jul 4, 2015, 15:16:
For once I agree with Derek (As far as the snippet posted here on blues below the headline).
He isnt right. People are not buying something. They are donating.

News Comments > Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released
13. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 18:31 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 18:21:
At some point Kotick will look at the measly profits the PC version makes and just fold the operation and give the PC devs something else more profitable to work on.
Right now it is profitable enough. Will it stay that way? I dont know. Maybe, maybe not.

11. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 17:50 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 17:23:
Sure they make money on it but ...
No "but". PC versions make money! That is all that matters to them. And they will release PC versions as long as there is enough money to be made. Some Lead Dev has nothing to decide on what platforms Activision games are released. If the bean counters say PC is profitable, then he is told: Make a PC version, pronto!

8. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 16:09 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 15:42:
I think we may end up seeing the PC platform abandoned since the numbers are so much higher on the console platforms.
I hear people say that for years. For years the sales of the PC version dwarf in comparison to the console versions, even if digital sales are added (guessed ). And still ... every year Activision releases a PC version. Is it because Bobby runs a charity?

7. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare - Supremacy Released Jul 2, 2015, 16:03 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jul 2, 2015, 15:29:
This series isn't going to last much longer, sales are plummeting every year after MW3.
This series will last at least another five years. I guess way more. Sales may be not as high as they were, but CoD is still one of THE most sucessful gaming franchises EVERY (!) EFFIN YEAR. Advanced Warfare? To this point around 20 mio. units on all plattforms. Why stop?

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
43. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 08:49 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 08:01:
I honestly don't get Microsoft's strategy with the Kinect. It was bundled with the XB1 yet Microsoft clearly had NO plan to utilise it or support it. Microsoft is blundering from one abortion to another.
MS has a history of introducing services and products, only to let them slide away into obscurity. Why? MS as a company does what the winner of intense internal powers struggle wants. And this winner is determined every year anew, followed by dropping support on all projects his predecessor has introduced. There are only two constants: Windows and Office. Everything else is ammunition and expendable.

News Comments > Scrolls Closing
38. Re: Scrolls Closing Jun 30, 2015, 06:55 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jun 30, 2015, 03:03:
Im guessing people are just expressing their envy by ranting against Notch for selling out. He scored, and he scored big time! So all the best to him and the envious fucks be damned.
This and only this.

Dean Hall, the guy from DayZ, recieves the same scorn after Bohemia took over the development for the DayZ stand-alone.

Heck, there are even people, who only hate CliffyB, because he made tons of money from "selling out to MS" and not because of his constant verbal dumbfuckery.

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
5. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 18:24 Kajetan

Wildone wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 18:13:
And gamers will still bitch about it..just watch.
I only see you two "special" people bitching in advance about other people eventually bitching. This is kind of sad, but when it makes you happy, go for it! Square

News Comments > Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans
1. Re: Battlezone (1998) Remake Plans Jun 29, 2015, 18:11 Kajetan

Finally the "right" remake  

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
14. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 10:46 Kajetan

Rigs wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:32:
I still say that they should put the video camera away, take the community managers off the grandstanding and put them to work on the game itself. He isn't making an OS. He isn't building a console, it's a game, FFS! Stop acting like it's going to change the world, stop rebuilding the wheel and just get it done already...Just put a release out that we're not going to hear anything from you guys for 12 months, close the door, disappear and crunch until you've got something to talk about...
Or ... you could just ignore all SC news until they have their first commercial release?

News Comments > On Star Citizen FPS Delays
10. Re: On Star Citizen FPS Delays Jun 29, 2015, 10:27 Kajetan

Tipsy McStagger wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 10:04:
Zor wrote on Jun 29, 2015, 09:55:
They're gonna need it.
Unfortunately, they won't. They already have the money.
And they will need MORE! For a project of this size, the already accumulated 85 million are not that much ...

I too backed for the prospect of getting a new & modernized version of Wing Commander. Will i get it? Chances are high i will. Do i want SQ42 now? Heck, yes! Of course. But i learned patience a long time ago. Serves me good while waiting for the first chapter to arrive.

News Comments > Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized
38. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 27, 2015, 04:26 Kajetan

El Pit wrote on Jun 27, 2015, 00:45:
Thanks for your repeated OPINION. Got any facts to support it?
Intellectual Property Strategy and the Long Tail: Evidence from the Recorded Music Industry

Piracy and Movie Revenues: Evidence from Megaupload - A Tale of the Long Tail

Executive summary:
Removing DRM may help increase the sales of lesser known content from smaller companies. Removing DRM from content from major companies with huge marketing budgets has no measurable effect on the sales.

31. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 16:10 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 12:24:
You mean to say that a crappy knock-off of Dark Souls sold fewer copies than the real deal? You're right, the DRM really doesn't matter! Rolleyes
It really does not
If you want a game to succeed, it does not matter if you use DRM or not. There are other factors you have to consider, like generating awarness, catering to your target group and so on.

DRM ist just make believe for the investors. A show, so that you can fulfill your obligations to them: "Look, we are effin serious about our products. We've done EVERYTHING to ensure commercial success, even if its utter bullshit!"

This comment was edited on Jun 26, 2015, 16:16.

17. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixes Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 11:59 Kajetan

jacobvandy wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 11:21:
A month of no piracy for a new release is worth a fortune to publishers, that's why it's the hot new thing.
There is no proof at all, that the non-availability of a copy has a positive effect on sales. Nor the opposite. Denuvo is just a tool to convince shareholders that you will do anything to protect your business. It doesnt really matter if a DRM system works or not. Its all about sending a message to the shareholders.

Theres a lot of evidence, that piracy has only a very minor influence on sales, be it positve or negatve.

Btw. ...

Lords of the Fallen is registered, according to Steamspy, to roughly 200k accounts. With Denuvo.
The special Edition of Dark Souls 2, the same number. Without Denuvo. Dark Souls 2, Vanilla Edition. 1 mio. Without Denuvo.
Dark Souls 1, nearly 2 mio. Without Denuvo.

There are other factors, which determine the commercial success of a game. DRM or no DRM isnt one of them.

13. Re: Arkham Knight PC Fixed Prioritized Jun 26, 2015, 11:16 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 10:47:
The thieving scumfuck is just pissed it still hasn't got a handle on Denuvo.
The thieving scumfuck has already cracked Denuvo.

News Comments > GMG Arkham Knight Refunds
37. Re: GMG Arkham Knight Refunds Jun 26, 2015, 05:52 Kajetan

ASeven wrote on Jun 26, 2015, 01:38:
There's still people defending this monstrosity of a port?
No. They complain about people who complain about the game. Not because they think the game is perfect, but because they dont like complaining in general. Their mental state is very fragile, they cannot cope with people being loud and unruly.

2147 Comments. 108 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo