Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1936 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Op Ed
1. Re: Op Ed Aug 22, 2014, 16:03 Kajetan

Ideally, we’d like to do so without being insulted and threatened ...

Then simply do your effin job. REPORT on the state of the gaming industry, REPORT on how people work there, REPORT on how the business is made, REPORT on how creative a dev can be when working on this kind or this kind of project. INFORM and EDUCATE your readers on the background of making a little indie game or making a huge chartbreaker. Go and ask questions. Even and especially uncomfortable ones. Ask devs, ask marketing people, ask simple gamers. REPORT, dammit. And not just some nice, easy coverage of the latest game with niffty screenshots and excerpts from the press kit.

But instead you just whine and whine and whine how people are fed up with the majority of the gaming press NOT DOING THEIR EFFIN JOB!

God, this article made me angry. I should go outside and walk the dog!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
14. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 14:45 Kajetan

Task wrote on Aug 20, 2014, 10:40:
The point of the redux is that they changed the second game to have more of the horror/survival feel of metro2033 with a new "survival mode", instead of run and gun/easy time mode. The 'graphics' are just extra icing.
Ahh, good to know. Thnx!

News Comments > Metro 2033/Redux Comparison
1. Re: Metro 2033/Redux Comparison Aug 20, 2014, 10:07 Kajetan

Funny, i didnt noticed the first cut to the new redux version until i looked in the upper right corner, where it suddenly said "Redux". Yes, after a while i noticed some differences. When you know where to look.

I'll pass. Graphics from 2010 are apparently good enough for me

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
22. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 19, 2014, 11:58 Kajetan

HorrorScope wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 11:35:
Yep. Not sure why gamers even ask this question any more, it's always the same. But whomever continue your hate for Steam, I also assume that is why Galaxy is coming, but then isn't that just Steam with a new name?
Galaxy has no DRM. At all. Not even optional for publishers to screw around with. No regional restrictions, no bullshit. Just a download client with benefits. Steam, on the other hand, is DRM with benefits

News Comments > Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins
21. Re: Pillars of Eternity Backer Beta Begins Aug 19, 2014, 11:55 Kajetan

JediPunisher wrote on Aug 18, 2014, 21:59:
I don't know why developers/publishers don't offer a public beta test to everyone who preorders a game, whether on Kickstarter or at retail... The final release can only be better for it.
Because a project seldom profits from a public beta. Most, well, nearly ALL gamers dont know shit on how to report bugs or to make proper, valid gameplay & balancing suggestions. Most of them just want to play the game as early as possible and nothing more.

News Comments > Crytek to Repair Reputation with "Really High Quality Games"
19. Re: Crytek to Repair Reputation with Aug 19, 2014, 11:47 Kajetan

Creston wrote on Aug 19, 2014, 10:10:
F2P and really high quality usually don't go hand in hand, especially when EA is involved...
Is EA involved with current Crytek? I think not. They only had a simple publishing deal for the Crysis games.

News Comments > Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month
10. Re: Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut Next Month Aug 17, 2014, 04:11 Kajetan

--- edit ---  

News Comments > Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity "Has a Duration"
7. Re: Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox-clusivity Aug 13, 2014, 15:11 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 15:01:
Do people really follow Tomb Raider enough to warrant making it "timed" exclusive for the xbone?
Of course not, but Microsoft is getting desperate. And making GTA a timed exclusive was a) too expensive, b) GTA 6 would be too late to save the Xbone.

News Comments > Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced
3. Re: Might & Magic Heroes VII Announced Aug 13, 2014, 10:18 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Aug 13, 2014, 09:30:
Well it better be a damn sight better than VI all around or I'll finally be passing on this series.
VI wasn't a bad game. Just a bland, unnecessary sequel.

News Comments > Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords
7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Risen 3: Titan Lords Aug 12, 2014, 17:39 Kajetan

Quinn wrote on Aug 12, 2014, 16:59:
For the people who loved the Gothic games (1 and 2 at least), I wouldn't write this game off so easily -- especially after watching the "back to the roots" trailer. Definite buy for me.
You still believe in Santa Claus? This game is reported to be worse than Risen 2, which was a very great dissapointment for many Gothic fans, who hoped that the dev improved on the first game of the series. Instead they caved in to publisher demands, made the game "more accessible". Attemps in humor backfired, dialouge and story were bland and dull, combat was simply CRAP!!!! And now they made more of this. No improvements at all. NONE! Just a bunch of recycled assets. No, really, this is simply an addon to Risen 2, sold and marketed as a full price game.

News Comments > Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds
1. Re: Colin McRae Rally Steam Refunds Aug 6, 2014, 10:42 Kajetan

We have now updated the product description for clarification.

erm ... this is still VERY unclear and easy to overlook.

News Comments > Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs
33. Re: Blizzard Financials; WoW Down to 6.8M Subs Aug 6, 2014, 10:38 Kajetan

Prez wrote on Aug 6, 2014, 08:10:
The interesting thing to me is that there are STILL that many people playing this game. Isn't it old hat by now?
People still play Chess. A very, VERY old game.

News Comments > Star Citizen in Depth
39. Re: Star Citizen in Depth Aug 5, 2014, 04:54 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 20:09:
theyarecomingforyou wrote on Aug 4, 2014, 19:54:
You repeat the same thing in every topic. Is your life really so pathetic that you have nothing better to do than trash this game? We get it, you don't like the game. If you want to criticise something in particular that's fair enough but you're going out of your way to repeat the same flamebait.

You repeat the same thing in every topic. Is your life really so pathetic that you have nothing better to do than defend this game? We get it, you adore the game. If you want to praise something in particular that's fair enough but you're going out of your way to repeat the same love letters.
That was a very, VERY lame rebuttal. Come on, you can flame and trash-post better, i know it!!!!

News Comments > Where Crytek Stands
5. Re: Where Crytek Stands Jul 30, 2014, 19:21 Kajetan

Flatline wrote on Jul 30, 2014, 19:11:
I give them 6 months.
Good guess. They have to close more studios, they have to cancel one or two current projects. Because they do not make revenue at all. There is no new game this year. Cryteks only F2P title is a flop. And they work on the next flop (another MOBA *yawn*). And they just switched the entire team for their coop title, delaying the release for at least half a year. The engine business failed. At the moment they will NOT make money for at least another year. Hell, they might even have to sell the Crysis IP only to cover the next months.

Crytek will not survive the next year.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
24. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 26, 2014, 08:51 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 26, 2014, 08:03:
Crysis was a poorly optimised tech engine with utterly mediocre gameplay. I've tried to complete it on numerous occasions but I just find it tedious. Far Cry was the better game.
I find both lacking ... well, but Crytek was never known for good gameplay design. They do tech. Nothing else. Becoming a game developer was not the brightest idea, because they had no game design talent. And they hired only mediocre game design talent. There is no vision in Cryteks games, no clear gameplay design. They just make the game up, as they go along and scrap everything they build for the next game, even in the same game. Do you really remember Far Cry? Playing on this beautiful island, battling mercenaries and suddenly these stupid monsters in corridors and this absurd, grotesque and just lazy designed end fight?

There is no game design talent at Crytek. Never was, never will be.

News Comments > Crytek Gets Funds for "Transitional Phase"
15. Re: Crytek Gets Funds for Jul 25, 2014, 21:14 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Jul 25, 2014, 20:14:
As generous as their offer to make games with CryEngine is I just don't see there being enough talent to make that happen, not when everywhere you turn people are putting out tutorial vids on making games with Unreal Engine or Unity.
And there is a reason for that. Lacking support from Crytek for people interested in using the CryEngine. Arrogant behavior against people seeking help or asking for certain features. Lacking documentation. Not very intuitive tools require a hefty amount of work to produce something you can achieve with the UDK or Unity very, very fast. The CryEngine licensing business has failed. It's dead.

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
22. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 10:19 Kajetan

Mordecai Walfish wrote on Jul 24, 2014, 09:48:
Lol, someone tried it. What are you, someone's wife or something?
We all are someone's bitch

News Comments > The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All
20. Re: The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection Free for All Jul 24, 2014, 07:24 Kajetan

And what a surprise, the game does not start. The serial provided with this free "purchase" is faulty or not registered within their stupid DRM database. It does not work for EVERYONE  

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
13. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 16:48 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 15:42:
We know which engine it uses and this doesn't change anything. CIG has a licence to use the engine regardless of what happens to Crytek.
To be precise, RSI bought the right to make a fork of the CryEngine, they bought the code. There is no need for Crytek anymore.

News Comments > New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns?
2. Re: New Crytek Rumor: Homefront Director Resigns? Jul 13, 2014, 13:07 Kajetan

Wallshadows wrote on Jul 13, 2014, 12:18:
So what caused this train wreck to happen in the first place? Just being an 'average' developer that overextended their resources in to shit like Warface?
Yes, something like that.

1936 Comments. 97 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo