Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2176 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > GOG.com & Windows 10
9. Re: GOG.com & Windows 10 Jul 29, 2015, 13:17 Kajetan

Krovven wrote on Jul 29, 2015, 12:18:
Or GoG is just blowing smoke up your ass. From what I've understood Windows 10 has less problems with backward compatibility than Windows 7. This from GoG comes across to me as nothing more than a "perception" campaign.
They still have look at every game, boot it up, play around for a bit. Just to make sure. And take notes of every new problem. Change store pages, change game FAQs. They are a small company. Even that is a strain on their workforce.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs
6. Re: PC Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Next Month; Specs Jul 28, 2015, 14:46 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 28, 2015, 11:48:
Indeed.. what about the final FF13 part ?
Not yet. PC players still have to buy all the other bad crap Squeenix released over the last years. There is SO MUCH revenue potential with so little effort ...

News Comments > Fallout 4 "Basically Done"
2. Re: Fallout 4 Jul 28, 2015, 11:15 Kajetan

I too am basically done with Fallout from Bethesda ... their games dont float my boat.  

News Comments > Saturday Legal Briefs
3. Re: Saturday Legal Briefs Jul 25, 2015, 14:50 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Jul 25, 2015, 12:17:
If the EU manages to do this that would be huge. What we currently have in the EU is 28 different geo regions with different pay-TV offerings. Instead of 1 EU wide pay-tv offering, that just airs in different languages, but aside that 1:1... that would actually make me want to get digital payTV
Its not perfect and there is much, MUCH to do ... but yeah, its a good start.

News Comments > KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added
27. Re: KOTOR 2 Patched; OS X & Linux Support Added Jul 22, 2015, 02:40 Kajetan

nin wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 21:38:
I might even tolerate Origin long enough to play it (and that's a pretty big change of heart, as much as I avoid it).
Never! FREEDOM!!! *coughs blood*

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
47. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 15:51 Kajetan

Kxmode wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 14:33:
I can see the Star Citizen zombies are out in force today. Zombie

Isn't it time for you people to retire back to the RSI forums? If you're exposed to too much sunlight you might burn.
I can see a lot of butthurt ...

News Comments > On Star Citizen "Feature Creep" and More
41. Re: On Star Citizen Jul 21, 2015, 14:15 Kajetan

Parias wrote on Jul 21, 2015, 13:36:
Why wouldn't they be doing a motion capture shoot? It's a singleplayer, story-driven campaign. I'd totally expect that just like I'd expect it out of any other campaign-driven game.
In fact ... this was one of the early stretch goals.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month
84. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 16:34 Kajetan

panbient wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 16:16:
Comet wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:58:
Is CIG any different from other AAA developers?
Yes. Yes they really are. Mainly because they have the budget but no publisher oversight. And while there's a substantial group of gamers who automatically believe that removing the suits from the equation will result in some kind of gaming utopia we're all seeing the results (or lack thereof).
But, to be fair ... CIG doesnt seem to be another Ion Storm, where Design Was Law and Eidos poured dozens of millions into the Dallas Glass Tower. But there still is the small probability that there is another Flagship or 38Studios debacle around the corner.

On the other hand ... they cant wait forever to release SQ42. 85 mio. are burned up quickly, considering the size of the project and the amount of people involved. SQ42 main task is to make money.

69. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 15:39 Kajetan

Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:34:
Stretch goals on RSI's website are irrelevant to the original goals stated on the KickStarter page.
These stretch goals are mentioned on the Kickstarter projekt page. So they are relevant.

59. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 15:16 Kajetan

LurkerLito wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 15:06:
And you obviously don't know a thing about games. Star Marine is a FPS (S as in Shooter, call of duty BS) it has nothing to do with the original game. First person trading, sure walking around your ship yes, but shooter NO! Stop trying to add extra words in there that don't exist.
Just effin finally read the Kickstarter page and the details of the stretch goals on the RSI website. 3.5 million => Boarding in First Person style with action and shooting.

40. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 13:05 Kajetan

Kxmode wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 12:52:
I can see the Star Citizen fanboys are out in full force. A couple of things you need to understand ...
While i agree with you on having more transparency and due diligence in crowdfunding projects, especially when reaching huge sums ... but THIS is getting boring, the popcorn is stale.

31. Re: Star Citizen FPS May Come Next Month Jul 20, 2015, 12:19 Kajetan

LurkerLito wrote on Jul 20, 2015, 11:55:
You're absolutely wrong:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cig/star-citizen/description
He isnt ... just scroll a little bit more down, to the stretch goal section.

"The money raised on our site and here on Kicktstarter are combined to determine which of the main stretch goals we’ve met, but Kickstarter has its own unique set of stretch goals! These will be ADDITIONAL to the main ones."

Followed by this image:

And then we have this ...
$3.5 Million Unlock!

Boarding was an official stretch goal, reached when funding hit the 3.5 mio unlock. Backers WANTED boarding, so they gave enough to reach this goal. And now, they are developing what was promised.

News Comments > Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts
10. Re: Origin Accounts Becoming EA Accounts Jul 19, 2015, 14:29 Kajetan

feral.fury wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 14:13:
Kxmode wrote on Jul 19, 2015, 11:39:
Their Origin branding campaign - much like Chris Roberts' latest game - is a failure.
Hyped up much on bashing CR? Time for you to go outside.
Will you leave the kids alone? Its all the fun they have!

News Comments > Op Ed
17. Re: Op Ed Jul 17, 2015, 20:41 Kajetan

NKD wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 20:35:
Derek just grab a bowl of popcorn with the rest of us and watch Chris Roberts go down with his sinking spaceship. No need for all of this!
This isnt about SC. It was, is and will only be about himself. He's a textbook narcissist.

News Comments > Op Ed
6. Re: Op Ed Jul 17, 2015, 19:55 Kajetan

Tumbler wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 19:52:
He should put that 1 million dollars towards his own game.
Na, that would be too easy. His games are way better without his riches.

News Comments > TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking
33. Re: TotalBiscuit, Steam, and 30 FPS Lock-Blocking Jul 17, 2015, 18:01 Kajetan

ForgedReality wrote on Jul 17, 2015, 14:22:
I'm looking into upgrading soon to one of the new 48" curved 4k quantum dot displays from Samsung, but I'm a little worried about how jarring the transition will be in going to a 60hz display. I'll probably keep both displays side by side, at least for a while. I think (hope) the improvement in immersion would trump any negative effects felt from going from a fast display to a "slow" one.
New flatscreens are being quicker every year, but still ... last month my brother bought a big flatscreen, a Samsung too. After a few days of testing all different kind of TV programs, DVDs and BluRays he returned it and brought back his old living room TV from the cellar. He was glad not having thrown the old hardware out.

News Comments > Gearbox May Outsource Next Duke Nukem
31. Re: DOOM Reboot Jul 15, 2015, 18:11 Kajetan

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 17:16:
It had a really retro feel to it, with very modern style.
If "modern" equals to slow movement and stupid finisher moves, yes, than this is a modern shooter. Boring.

If you want a modern and fresh re-imagening of classic shooter gameplay, look to Hard Reset and even better, Shadow Warrior, both from Flying Wild Hog. The Doom reboot? I dont care. id is only a hollow name and Tim Willits still is around, fucking things up.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
81. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 15:52 Kajetan

descender wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 15:34:
Seriously man, why do you think anyone here cares about any of this?
Because he is Gob from Arrested Developement.
A sad little narcissist

News Comments > Dead Island 2 Developer Dropped
14. Re: Dead Island 2 Developer Dropped Jul 15, 2015, 05:02 Kajetan

NewMaxx wrote on Jul 14, 2015, 22:19:
I can't speculate beyond that but I think you'll find the answer if you focus more on Deep Silver than YAGER.
According to my information the blame for the X-Rebirth debacle was more with Deep Silver than Egosoft. 80/20, if you want to quantify it. Stupid, utter stupid product management from Deep Silver and a dev, who was forced to finish a broken, misguided attempt to make a X console game with the little resources he had.

There are some people at Deep Silver, who are just toxic. Not particular stupid, because they manage to survive all internal power struggle and still are on top, just toxic for everyone involved.

News Comments > Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds
50. Re: Cloud Imperium on Star Citizen Refunds Jul 15, 2015, 04:48 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Jul 15, 2015, 02:35:
Im not sure there are any legal options if people want their money back. Those 'pledges' count as donations right? Even the ship sales, count as 'pledges', which count as donations. So how do you legally claim that money as anything that is owed back to you? RSI are opening a pandora's box by giving Derek his money back, they themselves state that legally they are NOT required to give back refunds. So which is it??
Donations can (!) be given back, if the donee does not want a particular donation. Or the doner can convince the donee, that there is an emergeny and he utterly needs the money back. Maybe, after you got unemployed and need money more than ship packages in your hangar for several thousand dollar.

Standard practice, nothing special.

This comment was edited on Jul 15, 2015, 05:20.

2176 Comments. 109 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo