Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Harrisburg, PA 09/18
Greenbelt, MD 11/06

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2197 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Torchlight Burns Out Runic
12. Re: Torchlight Burns Out Runic Sep 1, 2015, 11:37 Kajetan

Brazor wrote on Sep 1, 2015, 10:46:
I thought that niche was larger.
It is. Mentioning Diablo 3 is an excuse. But good for Crate, meaning less competitors for Grim Dawn

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > World of Warcraft Patch Tomorrow
9. Re: World of Warcraft Patch Tomorrow Sep 1, 2015, 10:27 Kajetan

gravity wrote on Aug 31, 2015, 19:34:
Any regular Blues readers still play WoW? If so, convince an old-school MMO'er as to 'why' you still play WoW (or why you returned)...
I have an on/off relationship with WoW for years now. I play, explore the new content, fool around in raids. Then i pause for 6 - 12 months, come back, maybe start a new class, play as alliance or horde. Pause again, come back.

Why? Why not? There is no pressure no more. No "I have to prepare for th raid, my people need me" or "I have to be the best tank/dps/healer in my guild!". I just play. Sometimes all alone, sometimes in a guild. Yes, WoW has changed A LOT over the years, some thing got worse, some got better. But its still fun to me.

Just go ahead and try the starter edition if you are curious.

News Comments > Morning Crowdfunding Roundup
5. Re: Morning Crowdfunding Roundup Aug 27, 2015, 11:50 Kajetan

ForgedReality wrote on Aug 27, 2015, 11:23:
Why the fuck can't they call the first one "Divinity: Original Sin" and the second one "Divinity 2: Second Coming" or something? Dumb.
They should use names like hardware manufactures do:
Divinity VFR/3-6700GT Plus

News Comments > Bethesda Games on GOG.com
22. Re: Steam Summer Sale Begins Aug 26, 2015, 11:54 Kajetan

Tulwinn wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:24:
SO basically I wont get updates like widescreen support? If thats the case, Im annoyed
Dont be. Bethesda just uses/licenced the community mods for their version. It does not matter, if you download/install the new Beth version or mod the old Interplay version. They both are using the same mods & patches. As you say yourself, now its just easier.

Compatibility to all the other mods and fixes is a given.

15. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 11:21 Kajetan

Desalus wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 10:28:
If anyone cares, Daggerfall and Arena are free to download from the Elder Scrolls website without having to make any purchase.
If you buy a Beth game on GOG.com, you get these both games for free.

14. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 11:18 Kajetan

Jivaro wrote on Aug 26, 2015, 11:07:
I am going to guess that this is the result of legal crap. You bought it when it was being published by a different company....thus "technically" it's a different product now. It's confusing and a bunch of shit, but I suspect that is why it is that way.
But the version in your account now is the new Bethesda version, as seen on Steam. With built-in widescreen support and such. The old "real classic" version from Interplay is gone. But the new version still has the "For Gamers-Interplay"-Intro. Bethesda is only copyrighted on the new launcher. Yes, it IS confusing.

5. Re: Bethesda Games on GOG.com Aug 26, 2015, 10:31 Kajetan

Yes, greed always wins when corporations are involved

Bethesda aka Zenimax pouted long enough, Herve Caen vanished into obscurity, everything is good to go again.

News Comments > Evening Consolidation
2. Re: Evening Consolidation Aug 26, 2015, 06:28 Kajetan

Scud wrote on Aug 25, 2015, 21:44:
After listening to that compilation of Dinklage's work in Destiny I find myself wondering what all the fuss was about. He didn't sound all that bad to me. I have a hard time imagining what someone else will do with those lines that will make them sound that much more awesome.
It hasnt anything to do with him delivering poor dialogue. Bungie replaced him, because the budget for that additional content cannot cover him. They already spent TONS of money and sales and player "stickiness" after release is not good enough for a bigger budget. There is a reason why there are no sales numbers from Activision regarding Destiny.

News Comments > Op Ed
24. Re: Op Ed Aug 23, 2015, 11:22 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 10:46:
Steam likes being the biggest kid on the block by a large margin.
Which it is. Regarding those Steam numbers ... can you imagine how small the customer base of Origin or Uplay really is? I wonder if Origin and Uplay are kept alive because the board simply wants to be present on the online distribution market. And not because they make a decent profit.

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
15. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 23, 2015, 08:55 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 23, 2015, 07:16:
I just really hope for PB and us that they can turn things around with Elex and make a more serious game that resembles the Gothics in terms of atmosphere, story, dialogues, lore, characters and so on.
Have you seen the Gamescom presentation? Elex will be Risen with lasers. And watching the devs talking about their new project like it is some boring, stupid crap, they simply have to do to pay the bills ... dont get your hopes up. Especially when the PB from today has nothing in common with the team from Gothic 1.

News Comments > Risen 3 Graphics Rise
6. Re: Risen 3 Graphics Rise Aug 22, 2015, 15:01 Kajetan

Quboid wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 14:12:
Is the combat any better than the previous Risen games?
No. It's sometimes even worse. Just shoot your enemies when possible, dont hassle with melee unless you are forced to. I was gifted with Risen 3, played it for 2-3 hours, laughed A LOT (because its so painfully embarrassing) and then left for better games to spend my time with. Not especially a bad game, just embarrassing. Horrible, stupid dialogue and character designs, boring quests and a remarkable unremarkable story.

But if you like games which make you cringe (i like Gothic 4 - Arcania for this reason) ... go for it!

News Comments > Destiny Still Destined for PCs?
27. Re: Destiny Still Destined for PCs? Aug 22, 2015, 08:58 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 22, 2015, 01:08:
They never say how many copies Destiny alone has sold, or how much revenue it has generated. It's always combined with something else.
Because Destiny is very likely not successful enough. I wouldnt call it a flop either, but Bobby has to hide Destiny from the investors, because his big 500 mio. plan did not work out as planned.

News Comments > Op Ed
4. Re: Op Ed Aug 20, 2015, 10:03 Kajetan

Yes, Zeschuk and Muzyka were harrassed ... by Riccitiello for blowing WAY TOO MUCH money on TOR. Thats why they had to leave. And not some dipshit bumbling around on the Internet.

And yes, the article is just horrible. It reeks of click-bait. Please, stay away. Or at least, if you want to read it, use an ad-blocker.

News Comments > Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter
13. Re: Aquanox Deep Descent Kickstarter Aug 18, 2015, 17:08 Kajetan

jdreyer wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 14:02:
... and add some depth.
More trenches? Because, its already under water!

*ba dumm tss*

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
8. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 13:34 Kajetan

nin wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 12:10:
Kajetan wrote on Aug 18, 2015, 12:08:
One day, we will hear what really happened.
Gonna be a hell of a book...
Nah, just the usual shit. Its a big project, lots of people involved, demanding tasks, things are going rough, changes have to made, tough descisions have to be communicated. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Especially, when CIG now has the experience of a dozen and more Crytek employees. It makes sense that they continue developement of Star Marine. To me, Illfonic always was only a second choice.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House
4. Re: Star Citizen FPS Development Moves In-House Aug 18, 2015, 12:08 Kajetan

One day, we will hear what really happened.  

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
21. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 12:08 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 12, 2015, 11:37:
Sort of but not quite... if you want to read up on it check Swen's blog (in chronological order from top to bottom):

- Thoughts after releasing Divinity:Original Sin and what comes next
- The halo effect
- Returning to Kickstarter
Thank you! The middle one seem to be very clear and transparent. In there i find a very good argument why returning to Kickstarter might be a better idea than not. But the last one is just PR bullshit.

News Comments > Divinity: Original Sin II Announced
16. Re: Divinity: Original Sin II Announced Aug 12, 2015, 11:25 Kajetan

Hmmm, didnt they say last year that they dont want another Crowdfunding for the next game, because they got enough monies?  

News Comments > Gatherings & Competitions
3. Re: Gatherings & Competitions Aug 10, 2015, 15:02 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Aug 10, 2015, 14:13:
It is a VERY sad state of affairs for the gaming industry if that piece of complete fucking shit wins Game of Show. There does not seem to be an end to the decline.
This is a show intended for publisher to present their new products. Do you really think the Gamescom has anything to to with what gamers want? Gamers are, were and will be only required background noise during these purely commercial shows.

EA paid lots of money for the SW license and they will make sure that this money is well invested. They simply bought these awards.

News Comments > Homefront: The Revolution Gameplay Video
9. Re: Homefront: The Revolution Gameplay Video Aug 6, 2015, 05:23 Kajetan

Wesp5 wrote on Aug 6, 2015, 03:58:
Really? I mean the US conquered by North Korea, a country that can't even feed it's own population? This is a complete joke as a concept!
The devs from Kaos Studios wanted China as adversary, the whole background story was constructed around that, but THQ insisted on NOT using China, because they were afraid of risking the emerging chinese market.

As a setting, CoD Ghosts was nice. A prolonged war between the USA and a south-american Federation. Considering all the hate, the USA is receiving from its former "backyard", combined with Brazils goal to become a global player, quite believable. Sadly, the game itself was shite, as always.

This comment was edited on Aug 6, 2015, 05:29.

2197 Comments. 110 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo