Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 2022 (Senior)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
43. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 11:46 Kajetan

SpectralMeat wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 11:37:
Tentacle Simulator 2015 almost made it onto Steam but got voted down!
DAMMIT!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns
40. Re: Valve Apologizes as Hatred Greenlight Campaign Returns Dec 17, 2014, 11:20 Kajetan

ItBurn wrote on Dec 17, 2014, 09:59:
Good decision. You may not like the game, but freedom of speech should prevail.
I want my rape sim games on Steam!!

News Comments > Warhammer Quest Announced
4. Re: Warhammer Quest Announced Dec 15, 2014, 16:47 Kajetan

SimplyMonk wrote on Dec 15, 2014, 12:51:
Warhammer Quest though I think suffers from the same problem Space Hulk's video game incarnations do. Great to play with some creative friends on a table top in someone's garage. Less to to play by yourself versus an AI.
Thats why its better to use W40K just for the setting and use for video games some solid and established video gameplay mechanics.

News Comments > The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again
23. Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Delayed Again Dec 9, 2014, 02:36 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Dec 8, 2014, 22:04:
No, they're delaying this because they saw the clusterfucks like BF4 and Ass Creed Unity, and firmly resolved not to go down that path. Good on them.
They just looked at their own games. TW1 and 2 had a terrible release quality. There are quite a few people, who gladly wait with TW3 until the usual 2.0 Enhanced Edition.

News Comments > Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile
13. Re: Another RPG Revival Planned by inXile Dec 5, 2014, 11:32 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Dec 5, 2014, 11:19:
But you both have good argment actually.. I loved Anachronox and wouldn't mind if that were the game they are making. That would be awesome.... but I don't think inExile can make 3rd person RPG's ;p
And Anachronox isnt THAT popular. I'll guess it will be probably Bards Tale. inXile already have all rights, there will be no hassle with licencing, no additional costs, no sharing of profits. All mine!

Having said that, i desperately wish someone would do a remake or a HD version of Anachronox. And the conclusion of the story line. I dont care much for Bards Tale, but Sylvester Sly Boots and the rest of the gang revived ... that would be AWESOME!

Btw. who has the rights to the old Gold series games from SSI? Is that Ubisoft now?

News Comments > Evening Previews
4. Re: Evening Previews Dec 5, 2014, 07:15 Kajetan

Slick wrote on Dec 4, 2014, 18:56:
can we get the monthly E:D newsletters then? I think Star Citizen has had enough free press for a while now.
No, "we" don't.

News Comments > Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale
5. Re: Free Age of Wonders with GOG.com Winter Sale Dec 4, 2014, 11:06 Kajetan

Sales aside ... does anyone know whats up with this Cyberpunk 2077 project from CD Projekt?? The website is down several weeks now, no news, no new screenshots on the Facebook page since summer, nothing. Is this project on "hiatus"? Or even cancelled?  

News Comments > Star Citizen at $65M
39. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Dec 1, 2014, 09:44 Kajetan

John wrote on Dec 1, 2014, 08:16:
I just hope some of this additional money is going to expand the SP part of the game because that's what I'm interested in.
Probably. But i guess most money will be spent on the PU. Developing a MMO with AAA production values is expensive, very expensive. Sure, they will share a lot of assets, but ... the 100 mio. Roberts is aiming at, is not too much to ask for, if you consider the scope of the whole SC project. This isnt just "one game some dudes are working on".

Well ... lets just wait and see. If everything works out, i'm happy, especially when Squadron 42 turns out to be a pleasant SP game. If not, meh, it was only 30 bucks.

News Comments > Op Ed
13. Re: Op Ed Dec 1, 2014, 08:08 Kajetan

BobBob wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 23:37:
Why can't most game engine developers simply do what Carmack did -- allow you to set the FPS cap to what you want? com_maxfps ftw!
Because some of them, mostly the ones under contract from a major publisher, are not allowed to that. Because this feature is not identified as "revenue friendly". AAA game projects are all about maximizing profit and minimizing developement costs. Everything, which the producers do not seem important to reach this goal, is cut.

News Comments > Broken Age Part Two Next Year
11. Re: Broken Age Part Two Next Year Nov 30, 2014, 19:27 Kajetan

wtf_man wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 19:01:
Just because he can barely keep the studio afloat for 14 years doesn't make him a good business man.
No one said that he is. But Double Fine is still around.

What he or DF are clearly lacking is some form of professional communication. Which is absolutely necessary when doing crowdfunding projects. Adressing problems early, adressing them clearly, so that everyone can understand what DF does to solve them. Broken Age was mostly a major communication fuckup. Schafer thought, that the documentation videos were enough to explain the situation. Well, the videos shed some very interesting light on the developement process of Broken Age, and backers werent THAT surprised when Schafer said that the game will be broken up into two parts. But ... even backers were sightly pissed, because Schafer explained it very vague and wide open to misunderstanding.

14. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 16:09 Kajetan

Kosumo wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 15:24:
Is Star Citizen anything like what the orignal kick starter was pitch on at this point?
Yes. SC was never announced as an adventure or a RPG. Still it is a space sim with heavy emphasis on dogfighting. Everything else is just an addon. In its core, its still the game from the kickstarter campaign.

7. Re: Broken Age Part Two Next Year Nov 30, 2014, 15:52 Kajetan

--- bahh, why cant i delete my own crappy posts when pressing "post reply" instead of "edit" ---

6. Re: Broken Age Part Two Next Year Nov 30, 2014, 15:52 Kajetan

Sho wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 15:31:
It's also not abnormal for them to fold, unfortunately.
Sure. Of course not. "Damocles Sword of Chapter 11 +2" is always hovering above their heads.

Maybe this is really a genre for scrappy indies and startups, not established companies with developers in their late 30s.
One might think so, but DF is "special" because Schafer is a creative genius which unfortunately is also boss of his own company. That said ... you know how many years Double Fine is around with him as the boss? 14 years. And they survived the Brutal Legend publishing debacle, they survived the poor sales of Psychonauts, they released several games over the years. Maybe Schafer is not very good at handling tight production schedules and fixed budgets, but he seems proficient enough in keeping DF alive somehow.

3. Re: Broken Age Part Two Next Year Nov 30, 2014, 14:52 Kajetan

Sho wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 14:31:
You certainly see a lot of anxiety and nervousness around finances in the Broken Age documentary lately.
DF is an independent developement studio without big contracts. There is ALWAYS tension about finances. This is normal.

Unless they get lucky on something I think they'll at the very least continue to downsize, and maybe not survive 2015.
They got the Grim Fandango-Remake, Massive Chalice seems to be managed and developed quite good. I wouldnt write them off so easily. But when you are looking for a secure working place, a company like DF is not it. A lot of studios in the industry are always struggling.

7. Re: Star Citizen at $65M Nov 30, 2014, 14:11 Kajetan

nin wrote on Nov 30, 2014, 13:40:
At this point, there's no way it can live up to everyone's expectations.
I guess, they never intended to live to everyone's expectations. Because its stupid. No one can do this. You only end up to dissapoint everyone.

They've introduced so many diversions, it doesn't even sound like the same game anymore.
The "game" now consists of several modules. Because people wanted to have a SP game, a MMO, a shooter and user mods. This is more than one game, it's a framework of gameplay modes in one common setting.

News Comments > Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed
23. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 23, 2014, 18:51 Kajetan

{PH}88fingers wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 18:09:
I thought Frontier got 90 million from IPO ?
Only market capitalisation was around 90 million. From the IPO FD made about 30 million as i remember and i really wonder what they did with that money.

21. Re: Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare 2014's Nov 23, 2014, 18:07 Kajetan

Quboid wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 17:49:
People are concerned about SC because the devs are promising a hell of a lot - which IMHO makes similar feature cuts/delays almost inevitable.
RSI may have a tiny little bit more ressources available (and still rolling millions in) than Frontier Developement ever dreamt of.

You really cant compare both projects. They only share the same genre and setting, nothing more.

4. Re: Star Citizen FPS Health Detailed Nov 23, 2014, 11:14 Kajetan

The Half Elf wrote on Nov 23, 2014, 11:04:
Make the SPACE COMBAT SIMULATOR first, THEN make the fucking FPS module.
You dont tell me what to do!

News Comments > Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy
57. Re: Elite: Dangerous Refund Policy Nov 20, 2014, 14:15 Kajetan

descender wrote on Nov 20, 2014, 14:10:
Stop. Using. Kickstarter.
Why? Because one prominent project goes belly up? I backed several games on Kickstarter which turned out very, VERY fine.

News Comments > WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers
3. Re: WoW Re-Passes 10M Subscribers Nov 19, 2014, 19:43 Kajetan

nin wrote on Nov 19, 2014, 19:37:
"Wow is dead!"
Instancing is dead. No, really, Blizzard killed all instances. Not only were you not able to enter your garrison in WoD, today you couldnt enter any instance at all everywhere

Well, they broke some realms. Other server clusters experienced no problems at all.

2022 Comments. 102 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo