Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Kajetan

Real Name Kajetan   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname None given.
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 6, 2004, 13:18
Total Comments 1981 (Pro)
User ID 20106

User comment history
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

News Comments > PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed
6. Re: PC Valkyria Chronicles Confirmed Oct 28, 2014, 12:14 Kajetan

eRe4s3r wrote on Oct 28, 2014, 11:22:
It can't be a worse port than FFX13
Do NOT tempt fate! Just don't!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo
13. Re: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth Demo Oct 25, 2014, 09:14 Kajetan

Numinar wrote on Oct 25, 2014, 05:35:
Especially since they learnt to stop the nickle and diming on DLC with V and rolled out some decent content.
When did "they" (2k?) learn this?

News Comments > Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers
6. Re: Star Citizen CitizenCon Trailers Oct 16, 2014, 12:23 Kajetan

Total-Khaos wrote on Oct 16, 2014, 11:32:
I find it absolutely hilarious that they have already had conventions for an unreleased / unfinished game.
Its very common that a company invites current and potential investors to show them what the company is doing. To keep the current investors happy and get new money from potential investors.

News Comments > Costume Quest 2 Released
5. Re: Costume Quest 2 Released Oct 8, 2014, 03:41 Kajetan

Lorcin wrote on Oct 8, 2014, 00:24:
Gonna certainly watch the reviews on this one, unless double fine drop the ball for once I'll buy this.
Me 2. Enjoyed the first one for what it was (a nice and VERY charming little game). Will buy later. But first ... Legend of Grimrock 2!! Yay! Once more unto the dungeon, dear friends, once more.

News Comments > Star Citizen Status Report
39. Re: Star Citizen Status Report Oct 6, 2014, 07:52 Kajetan

saluk wrote on Oct 6, 2014, 03:45:
It's a bit too early to tell. They haven't rewritten the whole game 3 times yet.
They even haven't changed engines yet ...

News Comments > Morning Tech Bits
15. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 14:09 Kajetan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 13:46:
Because that UI is ancient, being very close to 19 years old now, and it is no longer suited to the way modern computing works.
This is the stupidest thing i've ever read. An UI is bad, simply because its old? Is chess a bad game, because its one of the oldest games of mankind and people should just stop playing it? Because, you know, its ... OLD!!!! And what the hell is "the way modern computers works"? Since when do modern computer work slower or have more bugs when someone uses an OLD!!! user interface?

There are people who want that UI. You are in NO WAY influenced by this wish. You can use a new UI. You can use any UI you wish. Just let the people decide for themeselves what UI they want to use. A simple button "Classic UI on/off" will do nicely.

You know what you are? You are a progress nazi! Old things are bad and have to vanish. Only new things are good. Just by being new and not by being better. And people who want the old things have to be ridiculed and looked upon. Because they are stupid in wanting old things.

Disclaimer: I work on a Windows 8.1 machine with Metro. Its doable, you can live with it, you can get used to it, its ok. But i respect someone who wants NOT to use the Modern UI, who wants to remove every tile MS put into this OS.

8. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 12:29 Kajetan

Burrito of Peace wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 12:02:
I've also been playing with the Windows 10 Tech Preview. People who are holding their breath for the return of the start "menu" are going to shit a brick. It will be funny to watch them go in to apoplectic rage, sputter and smash their hands on the keyboard.
What is funny about people wanting a certain UI?

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Oct 3, 2014, 11:35 Kajetan

Julio wrote on Oct 3, 2014, 11:00:
As long as DirectX 12 isn't required for any games that's fine if it's exclusive to Windows 10.
We survived Vista and DX10 just fine as there were no exclusive DX10 games worth playing, when Vista was the current Windows OS. We just waited and upgraded to W7. And we will survive this blatant attempt in carrot-sticking too. A game dev, a publisher does not care what MS wants regarding Windows. They want as much potential customers as possible.

News Comments > Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record
24. Re: Star Citizen's $55M Sets Crowdfunding Record Oct 1, 2014, 13:43 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Oct 1, 2014, 13:14:
Squadron 42 is going to be released in episodes? What the fuck is this guy smoking?
What the fuck are you reading?

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
26. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 29, 2014, 09:51 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 06:15:
Nobody releases a broken product by design.
Of course not. But they BROKE it when they made some very bad design descisions

News Comments > X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder
23. Re: X-Rebirth DLC Free to Preorder Sep 29, 2014, 05:53 Kajetan

Iurand wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 04:43:
jdreyer wrote on Sep 29, 2014, 03:16:

I don't know about this case specifically, but aren't games usually pushed out half-baked by publishers, not devs?
Damn you publisher!
This is incorrect. Rebirth was funded by Koch Media via their label "Deep Silver". Koch Media had their own producers not only supervising the developement of Rebirth in the final phases of the project, but also influencing game design and content.

Rebirth was a nearly dead project, because Egosoft couldnt get it right after years of developement and the rescue operations by Koch Media ruined the game finally for good. This game is BROKEN by design.

News Comments > Steam Music Leaves Beta
12. Re: Steam Music Leaves Beta Sep 25, 2014, 05:18 Kajetan

CJ_Parker wrote on Sep 25, 2014, 01:50:
Steam Music also extracts soundtracks from games you have installed.
No, it doesn't. There is just a soundtrack folder in your DA installation. You might have overlooked it.

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
37. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 15:03 Kajetan

Cutter wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 14:40:
Where are the rad scorpions and crazy shit like that?
Sadly, radscorpions are now the intellectual property of Zenimax

News Comments > Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M
9. Re: Wasteland 2 Earns $1.5M Sep 24, 2014, 10:28 Kajetan

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 10:19:
Hrm, congrats to them, but I hope they sell a lot more. $1.5 mil is not even a drop in the bucket compared to mainstream games, this will do nothing to convince studios to do a triple A level RPG.
Stop dreaming of a major doing these kind of games. Just stop it!

Triple A requires selling MILLIONS of units just to break even. And you dont sell millions of units when you make a game, which is NOT designed for a mass audience.

News Comments > Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG
54. Re: Titan Falls: Blizzard Cancels Unannounced MMOG Sep 24, 2014, 04:02 Kajetan

InBlack wrote on Sep 24, 2014, 03:16:
Who wants to bet that Destiny ended up looking very similar to Titan, and suddenly they (@Blizz) were going "Ohhh Shit...".
No.

Titan was already cancelled last year, when the team working on Titan was distributed to other projects.

News Comments > Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans
42. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 21, 2014, 07:02 Kajetan

Jensen wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 05:35:
They have little capital, but high operating costs.
I can understand the financial situation. I can understand, that communicating a difficult financial situation is something your common developer does not want to do. But either the dev knows how to communicate something like this or he hires someone who can do it better. Shoddy communication hurts you in the long run.

39. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 21, 2014, 04:35 Kajetan

Jensen wrote on Sep 21, 2014, 02:54:
With early access, if no one buys, you have no money, but still have the obligation to finish the game.
Do you? Where does it say on Steam that Early Access games have to be finished? No really, i want to know

I've defended DF for Broken Age, but their handling of SB DF-9 seems much more deserving of criticism (I haven't tried it though, except for the Amnesia Fortnight prototype, so I can't really judge)
The game has much potential. But yeah, it's not about the game. It's about the effin inabillity of DF to communicate properly. The spliiting of Broken Age was no surprise for people, who followed the video series closely, but was very poorly communicated to everyone else. And now that ... they havent learned a thing.

17. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 16:57 Kajetan

Sho wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 16:21:
Where did you pay 10 quid to "back" this in a crowdfunding drive?
There was a Steam Early Access Sale.

14. Re: Double Fine Taking Heat for Spacebase DF-9 Release Plans Sep 20, 2014, 16:13 Kajetan

Beamer wrote on Sep 20, 2014, 13:57:
The bad: they do this on the backs of consumers
Backers are NOT consumers. I am a backer of DF9 and while i am still a little pissed, i accept that crowdfunding is NOT buying a game. Its my responsibility and my risk.

Well, for my 10 quids i got a wonderful soundtrack and several hours of fun, while still being in alpha. Its not a total loss as one might think

News Comments > U.K. Sales Charts
4. Re: Destiny and Bungie Sep 15, 2014, 13:47 Kajetan

Fion wrote on Sep 15, 2014, 10:56:
Hell from the same exact company with Halo.
Destiny IS Halo. Its just Halo with some mediocre MMO features.

1981 Comments. 100 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo