Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

User information for Ted Smith

Real Name Ted Smith   
Search for:

Sort results:   Ascending Descending
Limit results:

Nickname Teddy
Email Concealed by request - Send Mail
ICQ None given.
Description
Homepage http://
Signed On Feb 5, 2004, 02:08
Total Comments 1063 (Pro)
User ID 20096

User comment history
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

News Comments > Hill's Gaming Bill
41. Re: I guess... (#29) Nov 29, 2005, 23:15 Teddy

Maybe Australians like government to be omnipresent in their lives but Americans don't. We happen to have a national value called liberty. As such we are extremely reluctant to cede control over our own lives to the national government, especially when it's an area the government doesn't need to control such as video game sales.

As evidenced by the Patriot act and now the new Internet Information Treaty, or whatever they're going to call that.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

News Comments > Hill's Gaming Bill
40. Re: I guess... (#29) Nov 29, 2005, 23:12 Teddy

Maybe it has something to do with regulations of voilence in the media/video/games etc.

No. It doesn't. Canadian laws that govern violence in all media are almost identical to US laws.
This comment was edited on Nov 29, 23:13.

News Comments > UFO: Aftershock Patch
5. Re: Still waiting for US release Nov 29, 2005, 14:17 Teddy

Yeah, this is the one that the US publisher dropped the ball bigtime. Better to get a copy shipped in if you really want it. At least that way the money should go to the european publisher that actually got it right.

News Comments > Steam Plans
26. Re: How'd I miss this? Nov 25, 2005, 16:09 Teddy

Yeah, I also don't like the engine but how can you say Chaos Theory was crap? That was like game of the year. Also SWAT 4 was pretty good.

That just gives you some view of how rediculous his opinions are. Another good example is that while he insulted games like SC:CT and Swat 4 as crap, he claimed Shadow Ops: Red Mercury and Men of Valor were decent. Veggie obviously hasn't got a clue when it comes to FPS games.

News Comments > etc.
5. Re: RE4 WTF!@#? Nov 19, 2005, 23:30 Teddy

Yeah... what can I say, I got tired of the german video game law thread and I'm bored.

News Comments > etc.
3. Re: RE4 WTF!@#? Nov 19, 2005, 23:17 Teddy

Er... Did I miss something? Halo 2 didn't come out this year, it came out last year, hence it is not entered in this year's awards. Why WoW was there, I'm not sure... I guess they allow MMOG's to continue on.

I'm really baffled as to why Call of Duty won best military game. As far as I'm concerned it was a sub-par game with nice graphics. It just goes to show how much the console market weighs on those awards. BF2 should have won that one hands down, even if I'm not a huge fan of the game, it's still FAR better than CoD2.

News Comments > German Violent Gaming Legislation
145. Re: guns Nov 19, 2005, 22:59 Teddy

THAT'S THE REASON FOR THE LOW CRIME RATE!!!!

Actually, if you looked at the lists, there are quite a few other countries that are hovering in the ~2-3 range, several of which were on the allied side of both world wars. But just to be clear here, your excuse for your high homicide rate is... that you're a bunch of badasses? That's the best you've got?

86. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 17:18 Teddy

"THINK"? in terms of debating whether citizens should be allowed to bear arms thats one hell of a chance to take should you and every other anti-gun advocate be wrong.

No more than the chance every pro-gun advocate takes with our lives in the meantime, 'thinking' that they are right.

85. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 17:15 Teddy

Oh, "liberal" was a long time ago -- back when we were discussing how best to defend against zombie attacks

Zombie attacks? I must have missed that part when I went off to make dinner.

84. Re: restricting cars ownership? Nov 18, 2005, 17:12 Teddy

Explain how permitting car ownership in the case of necessity only is the same as banning or restricting video games.

Who said I would never miss having a car? The situation as it stands is that countless people own cars who have no use for them other than entertainment and convenience. The downsides to mass consumption of oil and unnecessarily overcrowded streets are far more important in my opinion than an individual's convenience or entertainment.

If they ever properly address the issue of pollution caused by automobiles and the non-renewable resources consumed by them then I will have no qualms with everyone and their mother owning a car.

79. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 17:02 Teddy

Is arrogant pompous ass ok?

Actually no, it's redundant. Just Pompous Ass would be ok.

74. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 16:50 Teddy

For the record, he brought up rednecks, I hadn't said a word about them. As for moron... you know what, you're absolutely right. I shouldn't be questioning his intelligence (even if he's given adequate reason to do so), just his mental health.

72. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 16:47 Teddy

shouldnt you be following it up with some kind of faggot reference, tho?

I thought he did, but perhaps I read too much into the San Fran reference. I just figured that's the direction we were headed in, after all I've already been called the first couple standard derogatory names approved by the NRA: Communist and Frenchie. I'm still waiting on Liberal, coward and homosexual. I'm sure he'll get to them in good time though.

70. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 16:43 Teddy

But don't worry, we'll be sure to show respect and step over your body.

I'm still undecided on that, actually.

66. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 16:30 Teddy

The VERY last thing I would do is run to someone like you for my defense. There are more ways to fight tyranny than through violence and most of them are far more effective than violence. If the government turned against the population and the military showed no interest in defending the people (which is ludicrous enough in and of itself to make this particular argument of yours pointless) then I would very simply leave. Go somewhere where freedom IS protected.

Again, for the record, your excuse for owning a firearm has NO basis in reality.

64. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 16:17 Teddy

You're absolutely correct. At current, you have the right to own a firearm and as far as I'm concerned, however foolish I consider it, you are more than welcome to. Let us not, however pretend that it is to protect yourself from the tyranny of a government that YOU elected.

61. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 16:09 Teddy

So vote them out. That's your right as a citizen.

59. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 16:03 Teddy

You truly are a fool, Cabezone. Who said they wouldn't try to fight IF the government turned against them? All we've said is that your excuse for having firearms is a paranoid fantasy. You fear and seek protection from the very people that are trying to protect you. Seek mental help.

54. Re: No subject Nov 18, 2005, 15:54 Teddy

I think if it came down to it, our soldiers wouldn't fight. If there was truly a legitimate reason why there was a large scale revolt in the US, I think the government would lose. Period.

That is PRECISELY what I said earlier. The only way your guns are useful against the government is if the government attempts to force its dominance upon the populace. The only way the government can force its dominance upon the population is through the military. The military was formed to protect the liberties of the people and as such WILL NOT allow itself to be subverted into taking those liberties away. The soldiers are there to protect the people against those who would take away your freedom from abroad AND at home. If by some quirk, the military fully supported the government in it's bid to oppress the populace, your piddling little civillian firearms would accomplish nothing more than to ensure your own death.

Since that would NEVER happen, the only protection you require against your government's power over you as an individual is YOUR OPINION which you get to voice in elections on a regular basis.

26. Re: guns Nov 18, 2005, 13:17 Teddy

Homicide rates for the years 1972-95 in incidents per year per 100.000 of population (http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/rpp/07/):

germany: ~ 2.0
north america: ~ 10.0

Nazi symbols are banned in germany.
Nazi symbols are allowed in north america.

This is a complicated issue with many variables factoring in. However with numbers this striking I recommend you consider thinking whether we Germans might have a point here ...

Sorry... I had to say it.

1063 Comments. 54 pages. Viewing page 43.
< Newer [ 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo